Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/index.php)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   February Daily Chat (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=886312)

FrostyBeav 02-01-2017 07:40 AM

February Daily Chat

This is where we mention and chat about everything else in our lives, our news, updates, and general socializing.

Kissa 02-01-2017 07:42 AM

Thanks Frosty x

FrostyBeav 02-01-2017 07:46 AM

no problem, Cindy. I'm kinda partial to February, since today is my birthday. Had to get things rollings. :cool:

ShrinkingWoman 02-01-2017 07:52 AM

Quote:

no problem, Cindy. I'm kinda partial to February, since today is my birthday. Had to get things rollings.
:birthday:

ShrinkingWoman 02-01-2017 07:55 AM

I have a question. How do you get the box that says originally posted by when you want to quote someone? I can't seem to get it right.

Vlo1125 02-01-2017 07:56 AM

Thanks Frosty!

Kissa- sigh yes the tax stuff is upsetting. we've always gotten a return so to not only not have that extra money coming in ,but to maybe have to use the money we've worked hard to save recently go to paying the taxes is horrifying. Crossing my fingers a CPA can help us out! You know I think I'm going to like fast 5, I'd always assumed I wouldn't because you are fasting daily instead of EOD but it's not that difficult and it is nice to be able to eat dinner every night. So far so good!

phoenix17 02-01-2017 08:02 AM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY FROSTY!!!!!!!! hopefully it is an UD for you and you have something special planned?

and thanks for starting the thread. I should have looked for it right after I posted in the February weigh in -:doh:

Vlo thanks for the heads up on the Halo ice cream!! out of curiosity I had to pull open the one I got and chisel out a spoonful - I got the birthday cake flavor and I have to agree it is tasty! Texture is a little weird but I can get over that. I'll look out for the strawberry and it just so happens I'm due for a Costco run.

Kissa and Vlo- thanks for the update on the 5:2- that is funny I didn't even realize I am following the plan so I guess I can stop calling it a mash-up and just say 8WBSD :D. although I am still eating too many carbs to be officially on plan. I'm trying to cut that- I've gone back to eating some sugar substitutes (stevia and erythritol). I just ordered some protein powder and I am going to start incorporating some protein shakes in to the plan, hoping this can play a dual role to cut sugar cravings and increase satiety.

Shrinkingwoman: the quote button is located in the lower right corner of the box of the person you want to quote. and if you want to do multiple quotes you use the " button.

I just sat down after shoveling my long driveway by hand and look out my window and realize I didn't do the deck. GRRRRRR. that can wait a couple of hours....

FrostyBeav 02-01-2017 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShrinkingWoman (Post 17580313)
I have a question. How do you get the box that says originally posted by when you want to quote someone? I can't seem to get it right.

Just hit the quote button on the post you want to quote. It will pop up with the quote in a message box where you can add the reply.

FrostyBeav 02-01-2017 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShrinkingWoman (Post 17580312)
:birthday:

Quote:

Originally Posted by phoenix17 (Post 17580319)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY FROSTY!!!!!!!! hopefully it is an UD for you and you have something special planned?

Thanks. Yes it's an UD and no I don't have anything special planned (unless the wife has other ideas :cool:). Birthdays get a little less exciting every year as that age number keeps ratcheting up.

ShrinkingWoman 02-01-2017 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrostyBeav (Post 17580321)
Just hit the quote button on the post you want to quote. It will pop up with the quote in a message box where you can add the reply.

Okay that was easy enough. How do I do it if say I just want to quote a part of the post? Do I just highlight that section then hit quote?

Ailuros 02-01-2017 08:16 AM

Happy birthday Frosty!

Kissa — I read the Mosley Blood Sugar book. Very interesting. I must admit I get slightly irritated when people talk about the Mediterranean diet because they all seem to mean something different by it, and as often as not, it has nothing to do with what people who live around the Mediterranean actually eat. Apart from that, it was helpful. It is actually broadly how I was eating when I was happiest with what I ate, except that I was at maintenance calorie levels. I dug my notebook out this morning. I was eating about 60g carb, and the number of calories varied from 800 to 2500, with an average around 1600, so although I wasn’t intentionally doing up and down days, it tended to happen that way in practice.

Vlo1125 02-01-2017 08:26 AM

Happy Birthday Frosty! :birthday::hugs::jumpjoy::up: sorry idk how I missed that before!

Phoenix- I didn't notice a different texture at all, maybe that's just the birthday cake flavor :dunno: I just made protein pancakes last week that turned out pretty good. It's 1 scoop protein powder, 1 egg, 1 tsp baking powder , and add water a little at a time till it looks like pancake batter consistency. It's an honest to god pancake that's LC and high protein! I ate mine plain but it would have been amazing with a sugar free syrup, I'm going to have to make some soon since the store bought ones have scary ingredients.

FrostyBeav 02-01-2017 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShrinkingWoman (Post 17580325)
Okay that was easy enough. How do I do it if say I just want to quote a part of the post? Do I just highlight that section then hit quote?

After you hit the Quote button and get the reply box, just delete out the part of the quote you don't want to show. Just make sure you don't remove the quote tags (the stuff between the square brackets).

phoenix17 02-01-2017 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrostyBeav (Post 17580323)
Thanks. Yes it's an UD and no I don't have anything special planned (unless the wife has other ideas :cool:). Birthdays get a little less exciting every year as that age number keeps ratcheting up.

Oh Frosty- you are going about this all wrong. The older I get I think it just gives me permission to celebrate for longer! I go from birthDAY to my birthday WEEK and this year, because it is a special year falling on 7/17/17, I am going to celebrate for 17 days!! :D it won't be all partying of course but for 17 days I will find something special to treat myself (pedicure, salon visit, opening excellent wines, an expensive steak, maybe 17 cupcakes to correspond with up days!!, etc).

Thanks for the pancake tip Vlo!! I ordered this sample pack of protein powders with some flavor packs from this place. I'm really eager to try it and since you are a protein shake fan I will report back. I am getting samples of all 4 protein powders- 2 vanilla and 2 chocolate, one with stevia and I think the other sample was with sucralose. The flavor packs are sweetened with stevia and look really interesting - so they will either be awesome or awful! They should be here by the end of the week.

Kissa 02-01-2017 09:39 AM

Happy Birthday Frosty! I know what you mean about birthdays, my SIL is 70 today (going on 7 bless him), and I follow him later this year.

Shrinking woman, you can also quote multiple 'quotes' by clicking on the "/+ button on each quote you wish to use and when you are ready to reply you hit the Post Reply button at the left side of the bottom of the page. Then they all appear and you can answer them. Hope that makes sense. In answer to your question, I think you can edit the post if you want to quote a part of it....

Ailuros, I know what you mean about "Mediterranean diet", try taking the rice out of Greece or the pasta out of Italy, lol.

FrostyBeav 02-01-2017 09:55 AM

My grandpa and I shared birthdays (I was born on his 42nd birthday) and my mom's is the day before mine. For years, we would get together around this time of year and have a mass birthday party. But Grandpa died a year and half ago and my folks moved to Montana last summer (more than 8 hours away) plus the kids are both at school, so it's just little ol' me and my wife now days. Not too conductive to big celebrations. I am planning on taking off early from work to do some running around and maybe get a nap (I live on the edge).

KALEE 02-01-2017 11:12 AM

My birthday is also this month but not until the 23rd. I think I will stay in bed all day to celebrate. Still working on the BSD mashup. Went a little over on calories yesterday but keep it to 1,000 so not to bad. Saturday is weigh in day and I will know more then about how it is going

FrostyBeav 02-01-2017 11:44 AM

February birthdays are special because there's less of a chance of it happening. :)

I will say that I am glad I didn't wait an extra day to be born because I would have had do deal with all the "did you see your shadow" jokes.

Happy&Healthy 02-01-2017 02:53 PM

HAPPY HAPPY FROSTY!!!! :birthday:

Quote:

Originally Posted by phoenix17 (Post 17580375)
The older I get I think it just gives me permission to celebrate for longer! I go from birthDAY to my birthday WEEK and this year, because it is a special year falling on 7/17/17, I am going to celebrate for 17 days!! :D it won't be all partying of course but for 17 days I will find something special to treat myself (pedicure, salon visit, opening excellent wines, an expensive steak, maybe 17 cupcakes to correspond with up days!!, etc).

I am of the same school of thought! My best friend and I congratulate each other on birth month and then we plan birth week for all sorts of fun stuff. I like your 17 day plan. :D

Vlo and Phoenix: the Halo sounds very good, I think I might have to come up with a reason to go to Costco...again!

Kissa, Phoenix & Kalee: you have me intrigued with the 8WHSD, if I don't get out of stallsville soon I might have to look into it earlier than planned. It sounds pretty do-able and looks like it's moving the scale for you.

Kalee: I hope Saturday gives you great results!

Vlo: sounds like your fast five is having an effect, in my opinion a month would be a good measure of how a plan is working. You can gauge how it does for you through a longer period and also let it ride through all of the hormonal ups and downs that make being a woman so lovely (dripping sarcasm). I also wanted to say thanks for all of your little hacks you give us like the pancakes and other recipes, I have used some and they always come out great!

I am doing well on my DD hunger-wise but I am now developing a headache, that almost never happens to me on a DD. Must be all the fun I'm having with the house stuff :mad:. I also did something incredibly stupid this morning, I had to move my car so that the roofers could get their truck in. I parked by the neighbors and they have a fire hydrant in front of their house. Well, when I went to work I dinged the front of the car on the fire hydrant. It's been that kind of week and it's only Wednesday!

Phoenix: I don't think I can recover from them since they are not admitting to anything and it'll be tough to prove that it was them. We are going to put in a claim for the stove with the power company, we don't think they will do anything but it doesn't cost anything to try.

Happy&Healthy 02-01-2017 02:55 PM

The multiple quote thing isn't working for me, I have to do it manually which is a pain. Maybe because I use an iPad?

leonak 02-01-2017 05:04 PM

:birthday::birthday::birthday::birthday: to the fellow (Frosty ) who is with us gals :sing: FROSTY!!!!

thinking of doing the 8wbs diet, but have a bit of a problem with it - i think???

i read to just limit the 800 to no white or sugar foods, then i read that i should not have red meat - so which is it?

i am so mixed up about it all that i ate candy and cookies in secret just a bit ago :annoyed:

Babsbabs 02-01-2017 05:21 PM

Happy Birthday Frosty! :birthday:

I hope we all have a great month!

Strawberrypop 02-01-2017 11:01 PM

Hola everyone!

Quick question - anyone have any good methods for shifting water weight? I've been feeling major bloato the last week and it just doesn't seem to be shifting :( I know all the usual - drink more water (which never really works for me??) and this week I'm starting a new thing - drinking a smoothie of fresh parsley, lemon juice and water in the morning as it's meant to help shift it. I'm kinda feeling like it's TOM even though it's not. Argh! So frustrating, not getting good weight drops after Down Days and just feel demotivated :(

kwerp 02-01-2017 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strawberrypop (Post 17580616)
Hola everyone!

Quick question - anyone have any good methods for shifting water weight? I've been feeling major bloato the last week and it just doesn't seem to be shifting :( I know all the usual - drink more water (which never really works for me??) and this week I'm starting a new thing - drinking a smoothie of fresh parsley, lemon juice and water in the morning as it's meant to help shift it. I'm kinda feeling like it's TOM even though it's not. Argh! So frustrating, not getting good weight drops after Down Days and just feel demotivated :(

Drinking more water doesn't work for me either. Sometimes the body just holds onto it, no matter what. I usually feel better if I have asparagus (which I love steamed or roasted in the oven) or go for a good, long walk - 1-1.5 hrs.

FrostyBeav 02-02-2017 12:51 AM

Welp, this is pretty much how my birthday went:

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s...yells-at-b.jpg

Oh well. At least I got to talk to both of my boys.

SlowSure 02-02-2017 01:02 AM

Drive-by (apologies).

Wave of the dodgy hands.
Sibling very unwell during latest round of treatment.
Popularity of fermented foods has exploded after broadcast of BBC2's Trust Me I'm A Doctor and the segment on that (I mentioned it above) - so a group for which I'm an admin. has been inundated with requests for milk kefir grains (in particular) and other information.

I will catch up.

SlowSure 02-02-2017 01:11 AM

Additional information about the BBC programme with Dr Michael Mosley:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/arti...our-gut-health

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/arti...rove-my-health

Ailuros 02-02-2017 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowSure (Post 17580622)
Drive-by (apologies).

Wave of the dodgy hands.
Sibling very unwell during latest round of treatment.
Popularity of fermented foods has exploded after broadcast of BBC2's Trust Me I'm A Doctor and the segment on that (I mentioned it above) - so a group for which I'm an admin. has been inundated with requests for milk kefir grains (in particular) and other information.

I will catch up.

:laugh: I just dug my poor sick kefir out from the back of the fridge (and I didnít even see the programme.

Sorry about your hands and sibling. :console:

Strawberrypop 02-02-2017 04:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kwerp (Post 17580618)
Drinking more water doesn't work for me either. Sometimes the body just holds onto it, no matter what. I usually feel better if I have asparagus (which I love steamed or roasted in the oven) or go for a good, long walk - 1-1.5 hrs.

Hmm, I also love asparagus - will start to add it to my daily diet. Maybe start walking home from work (about an hour) too - but when it's grey and raining outside it's not too motivating!!

Thanks! I'm going to see on Saturday how the parsley drink worked out - not really noticed anything so far but only on Day 3 (of 5).

ShrinkingWoman 02-02-2017 04:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phoenix17 (Post 17580319)
Shrinkingwoman: the quote button is located in the lower right corner of the box of the person you want to quote. and if you want to do multiple quotes you use the " button.

Thank you. I think I got it now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrostyBeav (Post 17580358)
After you hit the Quote button and get the reply box, just delete out the part of the quote you don't want to show. Just make sure you don't remove the quote tags (the stuff between the square brackets).

Thanks if this shows up right I think I finally got it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kissa (Post 17580384)
Shrinking woman, you can also quote multiple 'quotes' by clicking on the "/+ button on each quote you wish to use and when you are ready to reply you hit the Post Reply button at the left side of the bottom of the page. Then they all appear and you can answer them. Hope that makes sense. In answer to your question, I think you can edit the post if you want to quote a part of it....

Thank you. Took me a minute to understand that you hit the multi-quote button on each persons post before hitting the quote button then they all show up in the reply box.