Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/index.php)
-   Weight Loss Surgery (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   Calling all former "regulars", how about a drive by update? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=883642)

Jesse 08-17-2016 09:10 AM

Calling all former "regulars", how about a drive by update?

So many people have been part of this forum in the five years I've been here, some continue to post and many eventually drifted away. If you still check in once in awhile, post a quick update ~ it could be like a class reunion :)

I'll start: I had my sleeve 4 years ago. The good: It has improved the quality of my life immeasurably. The bad: maintaining is a challenge. The ugly: giving more serious thought to a pannilectomy. I don't think I will ever be able to afford full on cosmetic surgery for all the loose skin, but would really like to see this apron of skin gone. I think I could get the money together for that. But I'm also very chicken. More to come, I'm sure.

Your turn......

joyful48 08-18-2016 11:40 PM

Hey,Jesse still having issues with my eating,, just got called back for more investigation on my mamogram, ,just not handling my emotions well.. I guess that's why I haven't posted in a while just too,ashamed of my regain
Glad to hear you are still hanging in there.

Maryposa 09-01-2016 10:24 PM

It's hard to write much from my phone. I'm here, though!

pescacat 09-25-2016 05:03 PM

Hi -I'm here off and on. Struggling with weight gain and trying to stay on track. Had my heart broken and since I am an emotional eater, it has been hard not to go back to old habits. I am working on it though. Nice to see folks are still here.. --Laura

tybeeanna 09-25-2016 08:26 PM

Still checking in :) so many things in flux Had a LBL & a extended breast lift set for the 13 Had to get a loan for.. and my carido dr put a stop to it.. New Heart Dr & now waiting for the results from the stress test & echo last week.. for the ejection fraction # hoping they are good enough to get the go ahead at 165 lb up about 3 lbs this morn.Had my heart broke in the last few weeks and so trying to get my head & heart together lol not working very well.. Hang in there.. Starting back very low carb tomorrow get this 10 lbs off before this surgery Yes I will have it !!!!!!! I just know it.....Something gotta go right lol

myyellowstang 09-30-2016 04:50 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Interesting. I haven't checked here in forever and here I am.

I'm not at my smallest, but I'm a far cry from my highest. Maintaining 120 pounds lost. And there's no way I could be doing these things without the weight loss.

I rode my first century - 100 miles in a single ride.

And I mountain biked down Pike's Peak.

But that's not all. There's so much more life I'm living now... it's not all about obsessing on the number on the scale. It may go up some days and it may go down some days. I may not always have a grasp on eating well... but I'm balanced. I'm out there having a great time.

Hot Tamale 10-16-2016 06:42 AM

I'm back with head held low. I've had many personal issues & went back to eating to comfort myself. I've gained about 65 pounds & am really trying to get my mojo back. I'm just really sad & ticked off at myself. That's all for now.

Barbo 10-17-2016 04:57 PM

Hey Ms. Hot Tamale

Join us on Oct. daily chat.

Let's get you back on the train to your successful journey.

Barbo

Maryposa 10-18-2016 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hot Tamale (Post 17533561)
I'm back with head held low. I've had many personal issues & went back to eating to comfort myself. I've gained about 65 pounds & am really trying to get my mojo back. I'm just really sad & ticked off at myself. That's all for now.

:hugs:

chewiegand 10-19-2016 01:51 PM

I haven't checked in since the summer. Life's been crazy. I, too, have regained some weight. I was at 155 pounds lost and have since gained back 20. I HATE IT. I really need to get back to basics. It will be 4 years for me in Dec.

BonnyLass 11-26-2016 08:13 PM

Bonnylass reporting in. Think my lost post was about a year ago. My bypass was in 1999 so I guess I'm kind of an old timer.
I've had 4 relatives that have had the sleeve with varying results. I'm still struggling but I have lost weight I'm 136 and have been for about 6 months.
Trying to get my life more organized, I think environment has a lot to do with success and right now mine is chaos. Wish me luck with cleaning house ( I still won't throw away fat clothes for heavens sake!) I think it will make a difference.

yogama 11-27-2016 09:32 AM

BonnieLass - You guess you might be an oldtimer??:hyst:
Yes, I think you most definitely are an oldtimer!!

If your at 136 and have been for 6 months, wow, that's great!! You're basically at goal. CONGRATS!!

You said you have been struggling....I imagine it will be a struggle for me until the day I die. It always has been and it has been since I had the sleeve surgery 06/2015. I'm still trying to get to goal, but I WILL get there! :aprayer:

I hope you can finally get rid of your fat clothes. I felt so much "lighter" after I got rid of mine. At first I kept about 5 of my favorites but I have finally gotten rid of them. I am so glad I did!

Good luck to you!!

Dirty Harriet 03-19-2017 04:44 PM

Yeah, I'm here.......and keeping it off. It is a daily struggle. I'm tired of the battle, as it's been 12 years keeping it off now. I cannot deviate for one minute on my dietary needs, or that scale shows an uptick. I've lost a job, buried my spouse and father within 18 months of one another, which resulted in landing me in the hospital with a stress-induced heart attack...... I need a frickin' drink! 🤣🐊💞 hope everyone else is happy & healthy. I need to give myself an attitude adjustment re: food, so excuse me for bein' the rain on a parade! 😡

Maryposa 04-20-2017 12:29 PM

Oh my goodness it's soooooo quiet in here! Where are all my WLS pals!? Miss you all.
https://youtu.be/K8E_zMLCRNg

chewiegand 04-25-2017 01:47 PM

HI all,
I get on here every so often. I started weight watchers with an app I bought 3 weeks ago. Am focusing on healthier eating. It is hard. I was so used to low carb and more protein. It's an adjustment. Thursday is my weigh in day. I'll check in again and let you know.

Maryposa 04-25-2017 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chewiegand (Post 17616666)
HI all,
I get on here every so often. I started weight watchers with an app I bought 3 weeks ago. Am focusing on healthier eating. It is hard. I was so used to low carb and more protein. It's an adjustment. Thursday is my weigh in day. I'll check in again and let you know.

Looking forward to hearing your results

WV Mel 04-30-2017 10:37 AM

Hi all! Long time low carb friend plus WLS -RNY in 2010. It is a struggle to keep it off no matter what, but you can't give up the fight. I have to be diligent for my health. I always come back to low carb no matter what because I know I can eat real food and enjoy it and lose weight. I struggle with about 20-25 pounds of regain from my lowest and I never have reached my goal but I will continue trying.

Maryposa 05-01-2017 10:27 PM

Hi Melissa! That's so inspirational. Thank you for sharing

joyful48 05-03-2017 09:32 PM

Hi I know long time no see. Well here's my up date still continued with regain . Up until May - 1st. Put on 70lbs of regain, . Yes there's this excuse and that excuse but, none of them really warrant this kind of weight gain. Started with my back and ankless aching big time so got to get this weight off asap. My Dr recommended keto Diet so that's what I'm going to do.

PS I really miss our little group we had going.:(

Maryposa 05-04-2017 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joyful48 (Post 17619982)
Hi I know long time no see. Well here's my up date still continued with regain . Up until May - 1st. Put on 70lbs of regain, . Yes there's this excuse and that excuse but, none of them really warrant this kind of weight gain. Started with my back and ankless aching big time so got to get this weight off asap. My Dr recommended keto Diet so that's what I'm going to do.

PS I really miss our little group we had going.:(

I know it's so discouraging, the regain I mean. I feel ya. I just started correcting my diet more again on Monday. Constant, constant struggle. Lifelong.

joyful48 05-05-2017 12:28 PM

Well I'm not going to give up. EVEN though I'm as senior citizen I'm gonna go out kicking and screaming LOL

Maryposa 05-05-2017 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joyful48 (Post 17620635)
Well I'm not going to give up. EVEN though I'm as senior citizen I'm gonna go out kicking and screaming LOL

That's the spirit!!

I need to make an effort to get creative with my diet again... I just put some plain fage and frozen blueberries in the magic bullet. Ate half and put half in the freezer. :yummy:

Krissy66 05-08-2017 01:33 PM

So funny that I found this post. I JUST logged in for the first time in years. I belong to several Facebook WLS pages, so have not been active.
Let's see. Had VSG November 2012. Lost about 60 lbs, and have gained back about 15 of those. Back on LC for the past month and have dropped about five of those 15.
It's a struggle....boy is it. Too easy to ignore the scale and just 'carry on' business as usual, but the accountability must remain steadfast. It's just a tool constantly plays in my head.

joyful48 05-09-2017 02:43 PM

Hi!

Mariposa-Good to "see"you here. I do that too . I use heavy whipping cream and sf frozen popsicles and use my ninja. Of course frozen strawberries or blueberries are good too.

joyful48 05-09-2017 02:45 PM

Krissy66 - you look like you are doing well , it's great that your regain hasn't been a whole lot and you are taking steps to keep it in check.

Matrigna 09-28-2017 05:22 AM

I'm checking back in for what might be the first time in a couple of years, I think. I'm packing on the pounds, back up over 160 lbs. Ugh. That size 4 is very missed and seems SO far away again. (At first I was in denial, then I decided, well, its ok because maybe that was TOO small for me). I'm to a point I'm finally admitting weight gain is happening, and it is a problem that is not stopping unless I take action. I've been back at the gym for two weeks now, cardio and weight training, almost daily. I'm starting to track all my food intake again. I know I'm going to need to go strict low carb again. I visited to get some inspiration and motivation =)

Maryposa 09-29-2017 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matrigna (Post 17669077)
I'm checking back in for what might be the first time in a couple of years, I think. I'm packing on the pounds, back up over 160 lbs. Ugh. That size 4 is very missed and seems SO far away again. (At first I was in denial, then I decided, well, its ok because maybe that was TOO small for me). I'm to a point I'm finally admitting weight gain is happening, and it is a problem that is not stopping unless I take action. I've been back at the gym for two weeks now, cardio and weight training, almost daily. I'm starting to track all my food intake again. I know I'm going to need to go strict low carb again. I visited to get some inspiration and motivation =)

A lot of us are fighting regain, you are not alone! WE can do it! Nip it in the bud!! Too many people regain all their weight and then feel hopeless... it is very sad.

Lucky21 10-02-2017 04:32 AM

I'm currently recovering from my gastric bypass. Overall it's been a good experience - no serious issues, losing weight, hoping to get off meds within the next few months... I did low carb, didn't stick with it and regained my weight. I then did the Lap Band and it wasn't successful for me (gave it over 5 years) so I had a revision and did the bypass. Will be checking in regularly for inspiration and help so I hope to see you around!

joyful48 10-05-2017 08:37 PM

Well my update is; I finally have a move on the scale . Down 3 lbs. So that's encouraging but it's been a slow road. I'm not giving up or giving in no matter how long it takes. This isn't going to defeat me I and all of us have done this before . I tell my self it's not rocket science lol.

Maryposa 10-06-2017 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joyful48 (Post 17671599)
Well my update is; I finally have a move on the scale . Down 3 lbs. So that's encouraging but it's been a slow road. I'm not giving up or giving in no matter how long it takes. This isn't going to defeat me I and all of us have done this before . I tell my self it's not rocket science lol.

I'm there with you on both counts. I'm not weighing at home, just staying low carb, not snacking often, eating protein first, measuring ketones on keto sticks (been in for about a month) and even at the doctors office I don't look at the scale so as not to see how far I am from where I want to be, only hearing how far I am from my last weigh in. Even before going low carb I was trying to lose and when I found out about the gluten allergies I cut out things like low carb tortillas and I've only lost 6 pounds since I first started going to Kaiser (I have to look up when that was)