View Single Post
Old 07-03-2011, 04:33 PM   #86
Major LCF Poster!
Gallery: watcher513
Originally Posted by Anneebananee View Post
Wow! After my last post about iodine deficiency, I decided to do a quick google search and found this fabulous, at home test that costs about a buck for the iodine at the drug store!

How to Self-Test for an Iodine Deficiency

I'm sure this isn't hard core medical science but at least you can go to your doc afterward if you think there's a problem and have the professionals do testing.

I should add that yes, we have iodized salt in the US but from I've heard recently, it is still an undiagnosed problem for women, especially in the Midwest because doctors rarely consider that when making diagnosis these days; because salt is iodized. I can tell you that I rarely use salt and because of the mercury factor of fish, I have almost completely eliminated it from my diet for the past ten years (I've been having children and nursing fish). I'll use myself as a test subject by taking just the one kelp supplement a day and let you all know how I feel by the end of summer.

You don't say if you have Hashimoto's or not. Iodine usually isn't a good thing for people with Hashi's. If you haven't been tested for it, you should be.
watcher513 is offline   Reply With Quote