View Single Post
Old 01-08-2017, 07:30 AM   #84
Mick6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mick6
Stats: 238.8/190/140 (first 10 in 2016)
WOE: carb nite/ allergy free
Start Date: 01/01/2017
I could just kick myself! I had to do my first token weigh in for the financial weight loss wager game. I put my starting weight here as what I weighed in for their official photo weigh in there. I was so excited I lost over 5 pounds since the 1st. I weighed on my scale this morning in my birthday suit and then got dressed in the same outfit as the "official first photo weigh in" and weighed. I've only lost 2.5. I have 4.6 to go by the last day of this month yet for the game.

UGH! I completely forgot there is a big difference in weighing in your b day suit and clothes! Duh!!! I'll continue to report my normal b day suit weigh ins here and lower my final goal by the amount my clothes weighed. That just kind of burst my bubble!

On a positive note it will help keep me on the right path! I thought I only had 2 lbs to go by the end of the month for the game. Not 4.6!

It is so darn cold here. Even the dogs are right back in. I just detest it.

Mick........228.8........223.6...........202
MrsVardy..269.6........269.6..........230
Dimply.....251...........247.5..........220
FindingMe..257.........253..............217
MichelleHu..251........248..............200
DrSailor.....190.........190.6.............175

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimply View Post
My brother's ex-fiancee's dad drove a semi for UPS, from NOLA to the TX border (about 4 hours round trip). My sister-in-law's dad, sister, & step-mother work for an airline and she and my brother fly all over the place for free. We used to fly pretty often but due to gas prices and added taxes it has gotten so expensive!

My birthday is Wednesday. I am not sure I want to make anything and have it in the house due to binge issues. I just have the mentality that it's not a birthday without cake - like I'm 5 or something

You flipped a house? Very cool! Are you planning another flip? We live in a mid-century neighborhood (house was built in 1954). My FIL grew up 1 1/2 blocks from where we live, and when I first got married and moved here to Houston in 1993, all of the people in the neighborhood were my husband's grandparents' age. In the past 10 years or so they started to die off or move into retirement homes, and the flippers were out in full force. We bought this house in 2009 from the estate of the original owners who died within a few months of each other. We had to re-do the electrical and plumbing, add insulation and a new HVAC system, and put on a new roof. We also pulled up the (pink!) carpeting that was covering beautiful hardwood floors, replaced most of the light fixtures, and removed the textured 70s wallpaper and painted the entire house. When I say we I mean our contractor, because DH & I would surely be divorced if we had attempted to do it ourselves. After all that we were not able to re-do the kitchen ($$) and at this point I'm OK with it, but DH is chomping at the bit. This is our first experience living in a house that had previous owners, but we wanted to be closer in to the city, and DH wanted to be near his grandfather after his grandmother died. Anyway, it's a great neighborhood and it's so nice to be within 10 miles of downtown. tl;dr I'm sure
Kind of a small world isnt it Awe what a great day to have a birthday! That was my brothers birthday too. I'm with you on a birthday isnt a birthday without cake. Its really to bad low carb bakeries are not a big thing just to get 1 cupcake! Maybe you could start a new tradition like a birthday massage or pedi or something.

It sounds like your in a lovely area! I bet your house is lovely too. That has to be great being close to everything. I love wood floor and have not a scrap of carpet. The house we flipped over the summer had about 5 coats of paint on the hardwoods covered by pink paisley carpet. Pink must have been the thing! If the right one comes along at a fab price we would do another. We bought that one at a property auction. Since I was the chief laborer our costs were lower. I spent about 60 hours a week over there though for 8 weeks. I had retired as a stylist and wasnt working for the school over the summer so I had time. Dh was over there weekends.

Speaking of wallpaper I spent so much time removing it I think it should be illegal. We had one border I tried everything on to get it off without destroying the plaster. It appears they had used liquid nails! We ended up getting as much as we could and making it as smooth as possible and actually mudding and sanding over it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleHu View Post
Look at that icky snow out back and months to go. That slider in pic is coming out in the spring, casement windows to match rest of downstairs. It's a 1915 craftsman. Waiting on the baseboard cover to come in. Got in a craftsman style will eventually change them all out. And waiting for first set of cabs to come in too. After we do the windows in spring then I can order rest of cabs for the room.

We've flipped a couple houses but it's time now to focus on our house, I'm tired of living in the worst and making the others beautiful! Back down to the basement to keep working on changing that into game room. Most studs are up one wall to go a bathroom wall. Most electrical done most plumbing done so we gotta get back on it!

I'm beat. Did great food wise but I am wiped out so I will check in tomorrow I hope I can walk!
Your floor looks gorgeous! We have that yucky snow here also. That little cutie is just adorable It sounds like you are super busy and getting plenty of exercise with your projects. I'm glad you get to make your home exactly what you want now I love seeing peoples remodeling before and after pics so thanks for sharing the floor pics. I was absolutely bummed I lost the before pics on the house we flipped. I hope you are not too stiff today Michelle from all your labors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimply View Post
I lost 3.5 lbs & 5" this week. Happy about that, but I have had nothing but soup to eat for the past 2 days so I think that helped.

Mick........228.3........224.8...........205
MrsVardy..269.6........269.6..........230
Dimply.....251...........247.5..........220
FindingMe..257.........253..............217
MichelleHu..251........248..............200
DrSailor.....190.........190.6.............175
Great job Dimply!!!! The weigh in is awesome but a big on the the iches!!!! I'dd love that pizza soup recipe by the way! I've got one I'm going to try called lasagna soup. Every thing is on plan in it but the noodles so I'll just leave them out.
Mick6 is offline   Reply With Quote