Old 11-18-2016, 04:15 PM   #83
Smileybcuz
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Smileybcuz
WOE: Keto/LCHF
Start Date: May 14 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by OliveOil View Post
My Introduction: Hi, I'm a 69 year old female who has dieted most of my life. My weight has been both normal and overweight.

My biggest challenge has been that I haven't yet crossed over from being a sugar-burner to a fat-burner. When I go on a LCHF food plan, I am plagued with constant hunger from being a sugar-burner. This is crazy-making because I'm constantly having to "white knuckle" all day long while I struggle with this crazy hunger. I have even had my doctor test me for diabetes several times, and I am as normal as they come with my blood sugar levels.

My current WOE is the Low Carb, Higher Healthy Fats, Lower Protein regimen of Dr. Rosedale, who I believe is right on target with what he teaches. Today I'm doing some study on the wonderful Rosedale forum to figure out a more scientific plan with the Rosedale diet....and am finding a lot of good suggestions, statistics, workarounds, and successes that I hope I can translate over to my own life to help me be a success, finally, with dieting. This crazy-hunger I get has been my downfall many, many times. I even had to quit disciplined and structured 12 Step food program because I was always breaking my agreement about my food plan....due to the constant, crazy hunger.

So, I hope to be sharing a success story soon...although I feel like a success today because I joined this wonderful forum - and - because today I'm taking action toward living a healthier livestyle. Sending love and pink light to all you wonderful low carbers.....
I have learned that works for one person does not always work for the next, it's a matter of finding what works for you. I am doing the keto, it took about 1 week for the sugar cravings to go away and happy to say that they are gone unless I cheat to many days in roll.

I wish you well on your journey!