Berta48

Gallery: Berta48
Stats: 10lbs @ time)
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Feb 2016 Weight Watchers prior 2015 HCG
Quote:
Originally Posted by LINC View Post
Thanks for the welcome Sue!

Yes, I have always believed that, for me, WW was a sustainable, realistic WOE. That's what I followed when I was maintaining and it worked until the big M hit. And I never felt deprived at all. It's all about balance. I remember back in the day (the 90s) before healthy guidelines, I saved all my points for beer and pizza on the weekend. That was perfectly WW legal back then, but hardly a healthy way to eat.

Yes, I will have to check out a meeting - should have gone today, as it is going on right now - maybe things have changed. I know it sounds stupid, but what I hated about the meetings was how everyone got so worked up about the weigh ins and they didn't give you any privacy at all, everyone was bunched up around the scale. When I started WW originally, we had a great group of women there - nobody was pushy or rude. I looked forward to it. It's the only meeting around me so I really have no choice.

Lou
Lou,
Sorry to hear that. perhaps you should report that.Because at our meetings there are signs saying stay back here, until it is your time to be weighed.

Here is a zero point soup for you Lou.
I put it into the recipe builder so I know the points are right. I changed the vegetables to suit my taste.

Garden Vegetable Soup
2 medium garlic cloves minced
1 diced medium onion
2 med. carrots sliced
2 stalks celery chopped
2 small zucchini
2 cups cabbage shredded
2 c cauliflower florets
2 c broccoli florets
1 can drained green beans
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can tomato sauce
4 cups fat free beef broth/chicken or vegetable
Salt & pepper to taste
2 TBS Italian seasoning
2 tsp Thyme
If you prefer add a bit of sweetener.

Put garlic,vegetables,thyme and broth into a large pot. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat.
reduce heat to low and simmer 10 minutes.
Season to taste with seasonings to taste.

If you like thicker soup, puree one to two cups of the soup in blender and add back into the pot.

Serves 12 -16 one cup servings ZERO SMART POINTS.

Last edited by Berta48; 01-18-2017 at 02:38 PM..
Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote