View Single Post
Old 10-20-2016, 07:02 AM   #81
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: PACarolsue
Stats: 217/199/? 5'2"
WOE: Whatever Works
Start Date: Tomorrow
I have been walking on my treadmill a bit and doing some weight exercises. They say if you increase your muscle mass it will burn more calories through out the day. I just want to be able to maintain my agility as I age. I don't want to need a walker. I can easily see that coming though. I notice that I always need a cart when I'm shopping in a store, even if I'm only buying one thing. And I have difficulty in the mall where there are no carts. I don't want that to happen. I don't mean to criticize those who do need a walker, but I don't want to get to that point just because I didn't stay active enough. Maybe I will try walking in the stores without a cart when I only need one of two things and that will also keep me from making impulse purchases. When you start to get older, it's more important to be able to get around well than it is to be thin and sexy looking. Don't get me wrong...I would LOVE to be thin and sexy. LOL As long as I didn't need a walker.

So Kris, you might think your exercise isn't helping you because the weight is not falling off, but it will help keep you mobile in later years.

My first meal of the day is always just eggs and coffee, although it might not happen until closer to noon. It's always low calorie and low carb. It's not until I get to dinner with DH that I get in trouble. I need to be more diligent and careful what I'm eating then. I know I can do this if I set my mind to it. I am pumped today!

"The first step to solving a problem is to admit that one exists."
Dr Jason Fung
PACarolsue is offline   Reply With Quote