View Single Post
Old 01-08-2015, 02:23 PM   #14
mainemom
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mainemom
Stats: 143/130/115 5' 1"
WOE: LC; Intermittent Fasting; Wheat Free
Start Date: January 2011
I 2nd the bento style lunch. My daughter has one of those kind of lunch boxes with several small containers that snap into a cold back, then fit in a soft lunch box. She takes leftovers of whatever LC main dish I've made - cold cubed meat, usu. She also takes a small container of full fat plain Greek yogurt sweetened w/EZ Sweetz and French vanilla Capella drops - delicious. Then pours some frozen wild blueberries on top (they're thawed by lunch time). I bought her some of those cute little bento forks and her friends are always interested to see what she's eating that day. She's been doing this for a couple of years - she's 15, by the way. She doesn't mind eating cold leftovers, but I know some do. If she did, an option might be to heat some stuff in a microwave and put in a thermos style container. Good luck!
"...had we been discussing disorders of growth - why some people grow to be more than seven feet tall and others never make it to four feet - the only subject of discussion would be the hormones and enzymes that regulate growth. And yet, when we're discussing a disorder in which the defining symptom is the abnormal growth of our fat tissue, the hormones and enzymes that regulate that growth are considered irrelevant."
- Gary Taubes, Why We Get Fat