View Single Post
Old 01-12-2015, 01:57 PM   #19
rachel2writer
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: rachel2writer
Stats: 265/205/175
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Dec 2014
Yesterday was her (and the whole family's) first official day low-carbin' in together. We packed up the high carb junk to give away to friends, and I spent a few hours prepping and pre-cooking a bunch of stuff for breakfasts, lunches, and snacks. She loves Scotch eggs, so she enjoyed one of those for brunch, and we had a cheeseburger meatloaf and sauteed green beans for dinner. Later, she asked what to pack for her lunch today. After I listed off all the options (like we have to do for our teens who can't see the mountains of food in the fridge or pantry!), I told her to make herself a smorgasbord. She hadn't heard that word and was excited to learn a new term. She packed her lunch bag with summer sausage, cheddar cheese, some olives, celery and ranch, and a scoop of tuna salad.

The rest of the day, she was very grumpy and headachy - maybe just a teen thing, but maybe carb withdrawal.

She gets to pick out a low carb dessert recipe for next weekend, so we will pick up those ingredients later in the week. I really think getting her involved in learning some new recipes and methods to cook low carb will help her stay motivated.
3rd Goal: 175 (no longer obese)
Final Goal: 150