Old 09-30-2010, 03:57 PM   #25
diertac
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: diertac
Stats: 196.6/167.2/155
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 09/21/10
Cauliflower/Parmisan Rounds

This recipe starts with the premise behind the cauliflower pizza crust recipes that are out there on the web. That one is pretty simple, 1 cup cooked, riced cauliflower + 1 cup mozzarella cheese + 1 egg + Italian spices - bake at 450 for 10-12 minutes and then use the result as a pizza crust.

I changed the recipe to try to make it lower in calories, and then I played around with baking it a bit more. The result is a cauliflower/mozarella/garlic round that is a little flatbread, a little chewy cracker, and a LOT of yummy!

Ingredients
1.5 cups cooked cauliflower, riced and squeezed dry of excess water
3/4 cup low fat shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup egg whites (equivalent to 1 egg)
2t garlic powder (or to taste)
1t Italian seasoning

Preheat oven to 450.

Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat liner.

Divide mixture into 3-4 equal sized rounds. Form into flat, round patties, about 3/4"-1" thick (try to get the thickness even) on lined baking sheet.

Bake for 10-12 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes and then gently flip over. Bake for 10 more minutes.

Reduce oven to 200 degrees. Transfer rounds to wire screen (if you have one) or leave on baking sheet. Allow to remain in oven for up to 1 hour, or until desired consistency is reached. (If using a baking sheet, flip over the rounds every so often - basically, this is drying them out a little more.)

Makes 3-4 rounds. Use as base for small individual pizzas, or just eat as-is!

I can't attach photos, but here's a link to a photo of them:

Picasa Web Albums - Cat

Here's a side view so you can see the end-result thickness. They got thinner as they cooked in the lower temperature oven:

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo...eat=directlink

Last edited by diertac; 09-30-2010 at 03:58 PM.. Reason: Additional Link
diertac is offline   Reply With Quote