View Single Post
Old 04-22-2011, 07:43 PM   #14
Aediekins
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Aediekins
Stats: St/199 Curr/163 Goal/155
WOE: Low-Carb
Start Date: 8 more lbs to go!!
I was searching for a recipe using ground beef since I had some thawing. I didn't have all the ingredients, and I don't use Carbquik so I subbed a few things out. It came out great and the family had no clue it was low carb. Very yummy! I served it with a side salad.

1.5 pounds ground beef
2 tomatos, chopped
1 tablespoon onion powder
1 tsp salt
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
3 tablespoons almond meal/flour
1/3 scant cup coconut flour
1/2 cup sour cream
1/8 cup mayo
4 eggs
1/4 cup water

Browned the ground beef, after it was cooked, a sprinkled on the salt and onion powder and cooked for another minute. Spread that in the bottom of the pan, topped with chopped tomatoes and cheese. Mixed up the eggs, flours, mayo, sour cream and water (it was very runny) and poured it over the beef mixture. (I was adding water just to be sure the coconut flour didn't dry out too much.)

I cooked it for 40 minutes at 350 degrees. I served it smeared with more sour cream and chopped green onion.

Low-Carb foods are not created equal
Enjoy- cream, butter, coconut oil, olive oil, fresh chicken, fish, beef, pork, bacon, sausage, cheese, LC veggies, berries/melon, dressings, stevia, chocolate (75% cocoa) and red wine
Avoid - Mayo, canola oil, too much protein, processed LC foods (tortillas, candy, shakes, bars) Splenda and other artificial sweeteners, corn products (xanthan gum, dextrose, maltodextrin)

Last edited by Aediekins; 04-22-2011 at 07:45 PM..