SDC2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SDC2
Stats: 5' 7.5" 218/150/155 Maintenance
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: November 20, 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM10 View Post
Hi everyone, I just restarted the plan today and I found this site last evening and decided to join as there is a wealth of information and also seems to be a lot of support! I joined Medi last Nov. and lost 50 lbs!!! It is the best diet I've ever been on. I lost the weight pretty easily and felt wonderful the entire time. When I reached my goal I foolishly thought I'd save some money and "do it on my own"...well, the weight is beginning to creep back on without the weekly check-in's so I decided to get back on program before it got out of hand. I felt miserable when I was eating things I knew were bad for me...just kind of started to fall into old bad habits. So, I've actually lowered my goal by 10 lbs. and look forward to getting there soon and this time STAYING there! Reading the posts here and getting support, recipes and ideas while on maintenance will be a big help...what a wonderful site. Thanks to all of you for the great information and tips!
I commend you for coming back before it got out of control. I am on my 3rd month of maintenance and still going to the clinic once a month for the accountability. You affirm the importance of accountability. I am a lifetime member at Weight Watchers, so was thinking about going there once a month to stay accountable and save money. It is free if you are a lifetime member. I don't know if this is an option for you.

My other suggestion is to look through the recipes. They are truely amazing (and I'm not just referring to mine ) and have been what has kept me true to this program. I am finding that I can eat (in moderation) anything I want as long as I modify the recipe.

Congrats on admitting your setback before it got out of hand. That is humbling and a true victory!

Blessings