Old 06-24-2009, 09:50 AM   #76
SDC2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SDC2
Stats: 5' 7.5" 218/150/155 Maintenance
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: November 20, 2008
Miracle Noodles Q/A and Prep

Since there have been so many questions regarding the Miracle Noodles, I thought I would post this here so that it would be easy to find.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2009ismyear
I am just in my first week but I am intrigued by these.. Hoping someone who eats them reguarly will post..

1) Can you only buy them online?
2) Can you eat in the acute phase of the plan?
3) Do they stall anyone?
4) How often you eat them?

Thanks in advance

There are 2 kinds of noodles; Shirataki Miracle Noodles and Shirataki Tofu Noodles. I haven't been able to find the Miracle Noodles in the stores in Orlando, so I buy mine online. I have a subscription, so I get them delivered every other month. These noodles have 0 calories. The Shirataki Tofu Noodles have 40 calories per bag. I have found these at Whole Foods and Publix here in Orlando.

I don't know if they are legal first week, but definitely after week 1. I have eaten them consistently since week 2 and have not noticed any stalling. I have lost 40 pounds since Nov. 20th. I probably eat them 4 times a week. They are especially helpful on those days when you are just plain hungry.

The prep that works best for me is to rinse them, then soak them in ice water with a splash of vinegar. The vinegar neutralizes the fishy smell. Then I drain them and towel dry them. I microwave them for 45-60 seconds and pat them dry a little more. From this point you can do all sorts of things with them like put them in broth, stir fry with them, make fettucini girlfredo (recipe in the recipe thread), but my favorite thing to do is spray them with butter spray, sprinkle a little bit of Johnny's garlic spread and seasoning, and top with 2 Tbsp of parmesan cheese. It's only 40 calories for the whole dish.

Enjoy!
SDC2 is offline   Reply With Quote