bigmomof2
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: bigmomof2
Stats: 223/184/150
WOE: Medi
Start Date: July 29 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrislaurie View Post
Thanks for your thoughts. I guess I "had to" because I did not have enough willpower to resist! I still don't feel any regrets though! It is hard for me to think I will not be able to eat any "bad carbs" for 6 months. I recognize though that this is why I am at my current weight too! I was thinking of being faithful to taking all 3 AS daily as to keep food interests from my mind. Currently, I have been taking only 1 a day. Having 3 kids I find it hard to keep resisting their treats, but do so 99% of the time! My husband is a big treats person too! I Can't imagine not craving treats and giving in now and then- you are strong. I know I need to work on the mental side of temptation and will do so. I want to be successful and you have got me thinking of being fair to myself and not cheating even a little. Thanks
I TOTALLY know what you mean about finding it hard to resist your kids treats. I gave my kids kettle corn the other day for their snack and before I knew it I had shoved a handful in my mouth. I beat myself up about it all day long b/c I was worried it had knocked me out of ketosis-----thankfully it didn't. Like you, I've been able to resist 99% of the time, but sometimes it's just hard to resist. I'm only in Week 1 and feel horrible for falling off the wagon for that brief moment by eating that popcorn, but
I'm hoping my ability to "resist" will get stronger as I am more successful towards reaching my weight loss goal. We're all in this together----Hang in there.

~Carol