View Single Post
Old 01-18-2011, 02:47 PM   #145
Emerald
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Emerald
Stats: Nothing to see here folks....move along.
WOE: Meh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisabinil View Post
I am wondering if it is thyroid related due to the rapid weight loss and you had a meds change too indicating something was going on with your thyroid. Rapid weight loss of any kind slows the thyroid down and high cholesterol is a symptom for some. I would post a thread in the Thyroid Forum explaining everything, the wls, rapid weight loss, meds change and see if this could be causing the slight jump in your numbers.

Okay I will. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogman View Post
Emerald,Sounds like you're doing all the right things. You say your cholesterol is going up. By that do you mean LDL? If so, you really need to read some information on that subject.
Good Calories, Bad Calories: Fats, Carbs, and the Controversial Science of Diet and Health by Gary Taubes. Ask your doctor if he's able to check for the "A" and "B" components in the LDL other than that you might be too concerned for little reason.
Also, since your mentioned your insulin levels are good have you ever had your A1C just to be sure that's ok
My LDL and my Cholesterol are both going up which concerns me. A and B? I need to Google along with A1C. Google is my friend.
Emerald is offline   Reply With Quote