View Single Post
Old 03-17-2008, 09:45 AM   #262
Major LCF Poster!
Gallery: wiz
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 1/2/2008
I posted this in the weekly checkin, but thought I should add it here as well. Sorry for any duplication! This is Phase 2, due to the wine in the recipe.

Baked Shrimp with Feta Cheese

(this is adapted to be SB friendly from an old Bon Appetit recipe)

2 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined (you can buy them frozen, uncooked but already cleaned - leave tails on. When making for company, I use the 16 to 20 count shrimp, when just for us, I use the 21 to 25 - saves $$)

3 15-oz cans diced tomatoes, lightly drained (or use 45 oz. whole tomatoes and chop into cubes)
3 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 teas dried oregano (or 1 TB fresh) (or for shortcut - used diced tomatoes with garlic and oregano already added!)
1/4 teas red pepper flakes
3/4 cup dry vermouth or any dry white wine

4 oz Reduced fat feta cheese

- Saute shrimp using cooking spray in large skillet on med. high heat, until they turn pink and firm. Add garlic, cook until soft. Remove shrimp from pan, put in 9x13 casserole dish (coat with cooking spray.)
- Add vermouth to pan, stirring up any brown bits, etc. Cook until reduced by half. Add tomatoes and herbs to pan, cook for 5 minutes more. Arrange tomato mixture over shrimp, then sprinkle feta cheese on top.
- Can be made 1 day ahead, cover and refrigerate. Bring to room temp before baking.
- Bake at 350 for about 15 miuntes until cheese melts.

Very easy and very OP! I hope you enjoy it.
wiz is offline   Reply With Quote