View Single Post
Old 01-22-2014, 03:43 PM   #332
Yam-Yam
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 231/225/180 @5'9"tall and 61 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 til 12/11 then JUDD til 7/4/14...
Start Date: Low carb/ Higher protein some adf maybe 10/15/15
I am going to take a different view here. I have to admit I've never heard of Planet Fitness. However, I can see that it might be a good starting place for someone who is absolutely intimidated by the "traditional" hard core gym.

There are times at my gym where I feel like it's a bit of a "meat market" if you know what I mean. Some people dress very scantily, like maybe they are looking for a hook up?

I was actually embarrassed for a young lady on an elliptical machine in front of me. I was pretty sure she was in her underwear. She had on little black panties and the sides were black lace. The back was obviously spandex. They didn't completely cover the buttocks area and kept riding up into, well, you know. The nether lands. a-hem. She had to keep reaching back to pull them back down as they rode up and gave those of us in the back row quite a view. Her top was a tiny little camisole also with lace and spaghetti straps.

It's not that I want a dress code. But, come ON!! It made me feel like I wanted to reach around and pull at my pants to help her out.

I'm telling you when I was at my highest weight, I might have stayed away because of feeling intimidated. I could tell you about other outfits. Oh, like the guy with some weirdness muscle shirt that showed his nipples??? I just don't need to see that. Yeah, he was buff. Um, yeah, I took an extra look. But, really? Just sayin'. Ok. vent and rant over and out.

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)

Last edited by Yam-Yam; 01-22-2014 at 03:44 PM..
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote