Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 09-06-2016, 07:39 PM   #1
UtahDesert
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: UtahDesert
Stats: 170?/125/122
WOE: JUDDD/IE
Start Date: 1/27/2014
Happy to Be Back Here Again!

I slid for much of the summer, not weighing regularly and letting the weight creep up. I'm not weighing right now, because for some reason I don't like to do that at this point, but my estimate would be that I'm around 135, 15 up from ideal, 10 up from what was my "watch out" limit for the last two years. My summer pants fit (more snugly than I'd like) even though there are some jeans I'd have a problem with.

But I want to be able to wear all my pants! And tight pencil skirts! And I enjoy that feeling of having plenty of room in the waistband and no perceptible roll at the waist. So I'm back to intermittent fasting. And, yes, it helps that in October I'm visiting Texas for a double-header--the first weekend a multi-class high-school reunion-'75 through '78 and the second weekend my college Homecoming and thirty-fifth reunion.

I always find this process so interesting. Day before yesterday I did a complete fast, and discovered again how those feelings of hunger pass pretty easily. (I stayed off caffeine and found I got to sleep perfectly easily.) Yesterday I enjoyed every bite (scrambled eggs with crispy parmigiano, a Belgian sausage served over fries, a couple of tiny chocolates and as many dried mango slices as I wanted). Today I had a protein bar and a beef tamale, 400 calories total if you trust the packaging, plus a dollop of fresh salsa on the tamale. I'm already anticipating what I'll eat tomorrow, and that leaves me not tempted to eat anything more today. (I stopped eating the mango yesterday with the thought that I'd prefer to have it around for Wednesday.)

So I'm back, happily finding once again that this is a doable and happy way of eating for me. Hopefully once I get to where I'm going, I'll have reinforced the good habits (don't eat out of habit or for emotional reasons, eat consciously and enjoy every bite and only eat when enjoying every bite) that kept me in maintenance for nearly two years. I'll join the weigh-in thread once I'm ready to weigh.
UtahDesert is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-06-2016, 09:00 PM   #2
Barbo
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Barbo
Stats: 225/145/136
WOE: Low Carb Diabetic Plan
Start Date: August 2005
Welcome Back

I like your attitude today, being able to say no, because tomorrow you can say
YES!
Old 09-07-2016, 07:31 AM   #3
taramisu
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: taramisu
Stats: 282/209/180
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: April 7, 2015
It sounds like you have a great attitude! Since I've now been on JUDDD for about a year and a half, slip-ups are starting to happen more, which leads me to thoughts like "DDs are too hard!" But I read your post and reminded me: they're really not. They are very do-able! It's the leniency I start to give myself, and the "but I deserve a treat" attitude that's been getting me into trouble. So yeah, thanks for the reminder that this is a do-able plan, and one that works better for me than any other I've tried! Best of luck with your new goals!
tara ¤

My Journal

Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times—if one only remembers to turn on the light. ~ Albus Dumbledore
taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 08:16 AM   #4
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/103/100-110
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance.
Start Date: 2011
and I'm delighted you're taking up your space round the JB campfire again.

It sounds like you'll have little difficulty picking up the fasting rhythm and fitting it into your life. Re: your waist and the absence of a fat roll, it's with fondness I recall how delighted you were at all of the positive comments you received about your figure at a fashion website when your posted photographs of yourself in some closely-fitted dresses.
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 08:40 AM   #5
Carly
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/130/125 5'1" 41yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD- maintaining since 2/2013
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
back!!!! You'll be at your desired weight before you know it with the help of JUDDD.

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 10:31 AM   #6
p0rtia
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: p0rtia
Stats: 5'7" 307/170/150-160
WOE: ex-Atkins; low cal/low carb + 4:3 JUDDD
Start Date: May 22, 2015
Hi Utah! Nice to meet you!
Old 09-07-2016, 03:29 PM   #7
leonak
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: leonak
Stats: Goal Met July, 2015 - 112!!!!
WOE: JUDDD
Utah!

Welcome Home!

Miss you lots!
Old 09-08-2016, 04:33 PM   #8
UtahDesert
Senior LCF Member

Thanks, everyone! I'm glad to be able to come here especially because I knew this morning that today, my third Down Day this go-round, was going to be a tough one. (One of those days when already in the morning you find yourself constantly thinking of food and the space between today and the next day seems like an abyss.)

But what has saved me today is that I've had very little time to myself. I waited in a concert line from 7am to 10am (actually very pleasant, with my dog in the mountain air, and getting grading and some reading done), then I had one hour at home where I ate a 200 calorie protein bar. I was despairing after the protein bar--how was I going to go without eating more immediately?--but then a friend called up and asked me if I could pick up his four-year-old twins. So I volunteered to spent the whole afternoon with the twins, and kept myself busy up untll 5pm. (And even getting them the promised ice cream cones for good behavior wasn't a problem--when you're strategizing how to get them through the treats without too much fuss or mess and worrying about whether their parents will mind, the thought of having some yourself hardly enters your mind.)

And now I have a couple hours at home, but I'm thinking that there's a good chance that a friend at the Kacey Musgraves concert tonight will offer me something (it's outdoors and people bring picnic baskets), and I'd prefer to save my remaining 300 calories so that I can accept it. Once I hit 5pm I feel I've broken the back of the Down Day. So I've made it.
Old 09-08-2016, 07:15 PM   #9
Leanne21071
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Leanne21071
Stats: 233/142/146-120
WOE: Weight Watchers, IF and knowledgeable
Start Date: restart Dec 8 2014 nov 2017
So happy to see you! Reading your post just cemented my desire to just do JUDDD! I have been screwing around with different diets and hacks and I've lost most of the weight I regained but I don't feel as well as I know I can feel.

Did I say how happy I am you're back? Lol I think I'll reread "Overfed Head"
This time is forever I say this again!!
Goal I don’t know where I’ll end up but I’m happy where I am!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-maintain.html
Leanne21071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 07:30 AM   #10
deanslist
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: deanslist
Stats: 5'3.5" 185/128.6/120-123
WOE: Protein Power, mod fat and low carb
Start Date: 1999 (Atkins) Lost most of my weight
Hi Utah! Great to see you again. I always enjoyed your posts!

Melissa's Headroom
http://lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=889720

NO MORE EXCUSES!
http://lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=892390
deanslist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 10:28 AM   #11
UtahDesert
Senior LCF Member

Thank you! It's good to see the familiar faces and names and know we're together in this!

My choice to go to the concert with 300 of my 500 calories still to be consumed turned out to be a good one. I was offered a gin and tonic and a slice of some kind of sweet home-made bread with chocolate chips. I accepted and enjoyed both.
Old 09-09-2016, 01:47 PM   #12
Kissa
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/120/120 5'3" Age 70
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2002 Atkins 2011 JUDDD 2016 BSD/JUDDD
Welcome home Utah! Lovely to see you again.

You know how to do this

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Hunger is not an emergency.

It's not what you eat between Christmas and New Year that makes you fat, it's what you eat between New Year and Christmas.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote