Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 09-05-2016, 12:49 PM   #31
p0rtia
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: p0rtia
Stats: 5'7" 307/170/150-160
WOE: ex-Atkins; low cal/low carb + 4:3 JUDDD
Start Date: May 22, 2015
Sounds like the U.S. members have all been celebrating the holiday weekend in the traditional fashion. I myself indulged in an apple fritter, which satisfied the wild craving for pie dough (TMI?). Among other things that come in boxes (no good ever comes from food in boxes).

Today is a good down day. I opted for my beloved Protein Plus vanilla bar for half my calories. Salad and veggies for supper. Was gonna do LC today but I am still being bombarded by post-tater-hack super-sweet cravings (cf. Walden Farms Super Fruits vinaigrette).

Sponsored Links
Old 09-05-2016, 04:52 PM   #32
Barbo
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Barbo
Stats: 225/145/136
WOE: Low Carb Diabetic Plan
Start Date: August 2005
Sorry Vlo and Party, I so understand how it can happen.
I wish I had the secret to bringing ourselves back in line with our mindset.
The only food tactic I know is very high protein and low carbs for a dew days
and include plenty fats like bacon,cream cheese, etc.

Today I had scale victory after yesterday DD One lb. down so I am 149 and
wanting to go back to that 145 by the end of Sept.

I am taking another DD today because I am invited to a luncheon and my friend
is a marvelous cook and I wanted to have her lunch.

Blood sugar morning fast 96
11:00
Pasta reheated 1c with a couple tbs. of homemade marinara

3:00 blood sugar 98
Old 09-05-2016, 05:41 PM   #33
Carly
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/126.8/125 5'1" 41yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD- maintaining since 2/2013
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlo1125 View Post
So I went to the city on Friday and had a big lunch and even had ice cream and proceeded to go home and overeat. Next day I was only up .6 and I was thrilled I was trying to hit the ground running and fasted til" 2 pm and then proceeded to over eat agian. Next day I was up 2lbs. Then yesterday I just ate what I had in the house so that it wouldn't go bad since I knew I had committed to doing a fat fast this week. I'm up another 2 lbs. I hate that I could have recovered quickly but instead continued to have 3 bad days in a row. Now instead maybe seeing progress this week I'll be working to relose weight. Juddd honestly makes me binge hard. The last 2 weeks of stillmans I had no binging and my weight held steady, then I go back to Juddd this past week and after a few days I'm eating like a starved animal. Idk what to do anymore so this week is back to hacking it, fat fast for now then at the end of the week I'll re-evaluate. Might do stillmans the next week after that or Potato hack. Also since I have no problem most to the time fasting till at least 2pm I may just try fast 5 for awhile, we'll see if that still brings out binging or not. Anywho hope you all had a good holiday weekend!
Vlo- IMHO, I'd much more likely blame the repetitive hacks for bringing out the binging more than the JUDDD. With JUDDD there are no restrictions other than the calorie limits. Some people over eat at first due to the freedom of JUDDD, but after sticking to the program for most people the novelty wears off and people make, overall, good food choices. The multiple hacks are VERY restrictive, so when you or anyone goes back to JUDDD they are coming from a place of being deprived for days/ week (s).

We are all different of course and no one WOE works for all people, but I wonder if it's the hacks that are setting you up to binge and if you just followed JUDDD for a month and were true to EOD and your calories if some of that would work itself out.

You said you ate what you had in the house so it wouldn't go to waste. I'd rather throw food out any day that gaining over it.

As I say- I'd rather it go to waste than go to MY waist.

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html

Last edited by Carly; 09-05-2016 at 05:42 PM..
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 05:42 PM   #34
Barbo
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Down Day Meals

1 c. pasta 170 cal. 2 tbs. marinara test

1 egg 70
Egg sub. 35
1 bacon 70
Total
Dinner tonight
1/2 c. crab 80
1 tbs. sandwich spread 30
celery/red onion/cucumbers

1 chocolate shake with almond milk. 85
Total 180
Total 520
5crkrs 35 Total 555
1/2 c. Fiber One 60
Old 09-06-2016, 06:03 AM   #35
Vlo1125
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Vlo1125
Stats: 263/159.2/155
WOE: Primal w/ JUDDD
Start Date: 2013
Katie-

Carly- I would agree with you if it hadn't been going on long before I started hacking. I've just introduced hacks semi recently( a few months back) but I've been having binge issues since I returned to Juddd in March of 2015. Before that I hadn't binged in over 2 years. But i also wasn't dieting per say in that time frame either, just eating a clean primal diet. So maybe it's just any diet restriction that causes me to binge not just Juddd. on the other hand I've seen a lot of people claim to see a return on binge eating they previously thought they were over before Juddd. so idk, I think there is something there to the whole feast/famine of Juddd that makes those of us who are inclined to over eat binge. I do need to get better at just letting food go to waste , it's a big issue for me! I think it's cause I'm so cheap lol! And because of my WOE I buy very expensive Ingridients ( I'm about 80% organic, grass fed etc) so I really hate for anything to go to waste. I really need to stop the huge cooking fests I have every couple weeks, then I won't have so much food to gets thru and won't have an excuse to over eat it! I know Juddd works when you just stick to EOD but I haven't found a way to consistently do it in a very long time

Sigh and to punctuate further that I dont know what the heck I'm doing, my fat fast yesterday ended in a binge! It's funny, I stuck to the fat fast but I over ate fats! I'm up another 1.4 lbs , a total of 6 lbs since Friday! Don't know what I'm doing today. Drinking my coffee and debating a dd or BOA since I found that to be easy before. I'll let you guys know if I ever figure it out......
Vlo1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 06:07 AM   #36
p0rtia
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
Vlo- IMHO, I'd much more likely blame the repetitive hacks for bringing out the binging more than the JUDDD. With JUDDD there are no restrictions other than the calorie limits. Some people over eat at first due to the freedom of JUDDD, but after sticking to the program for most people the novelty wears off and people make, overall, good food choices. The multiple hacks are VERY restrictive, so when you or anyone goes back to JUDDD they are coming from a place of being deprived for days/ week (s).

We are all different of course and no one WOE works for all people, but I wonder if it's the hacks that are setting you up to binge and if you just followed JUDDD for a month and were true to EOD and your calories if some of that would work itself out.

You said you ate what you had in the house so it wouldn't go to waste. I'd rather throw food out any day that gaining over it.

As I say- I'd rather it go to waste than go to MY waist.

As I've mentioned in the Hack thread, I was stunned by the cravings that the Tater Hack brought on. Don't need that on my metphorical plate. I aldo did two week-long Hacks with only a week off in between. Okay I did it for fun, but as a card-carrying member of the slow and steady club, I don't think it's a great choice. Once a month is enough. I am sooo glad to be back on my 4:3 JUDDD, where the DDs make you feel like you're doing something wonderful, and the UDs always come as a pleasant surprise.
I don't like being a ping-pong ball.

Old 09-06-2016, 04:56 PM   #37
julieboolie

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/169/158-163lbs
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Katie!
Vlo! I agree with what Carly suggested, maybe just try clean Juddd for a few weeks. You've hacked a lot lately and lots of ups and downs. Maybe go back to your clean LC Juddd for a solid 3 weeks and see how you do?

My $0.02 Re: binges - I never had a binge issue before Juddd, and was really surprised when I found myself struggling with it. The only thing I can come up with is the regular restriction just caught up with me and triggered me to compensate by overeating on UDs. Whatever the case, I realized I couldn't keep doing that and chose to stop.
I never do hacks, they're not real weight loss, just water retention and scale manipulation so I don't bother with that. Anything that will give you lasting fat loss isn't going to happen in a few days. Sadly the slow and steady approach is the best way to lose. Juddd is one of the fastest ways to lose real weight.

Hope you're all doing well and finding your way!

Come visit me in my journal:
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/sh...d.php?t=888635
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 06:49 PM   #38
Barbo
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Today is UP day and I did well until I bit into a certain kind of Japanese rice
crispie cracker. I ate the whole durn box. Cannot have these in the house,
Darn...
Thankfully tomorrow is another DD......
Old 09-07-2016, 05:31 AM   #39
Vlo1125
Major LCF Poster!

Julie- thanks for the input. Can relate to what you are saying.

Barb- you are right high fat low carbs for a few days does help with cravings!

Yesterday I tried for a dd, and nope! So I went for an md, nope! So finally my last option an ud, and i stuck to my calorie limit. Because of the insane amount of bloat I am down 2.6 lbs. so feeling better today, although I'm beyond sore from my new kettle bell excercise that I can barely move! So today I'll go for a dd. Gonna take all of your suggestions and put hacking on hold for a while. I do think they work and are a useful tool but should really be used to break stalls not just for quick fixes. Idk that I won't still continue to have my binge issues with Juddd but for now I really need to pay attention to what is happening to trigger it. I know eating sugar ( like I did Friday) is one trigger. Even though my fat fast was a fail cause I over ate, it did help get me 2 days off sugar and now I feel that craving is gone. I also know I'm a big night eater and I really need to save a lot of calories for that or else that triggers a binge. Stillmans brought nonfatgreek yogurt back into my life ( love it!) and it's very filling and it's only 80 calories so I'm going to try to save enough calories both on ud and dd for that to be my night time snack. Anywho that's all I've got for now. Wish me luck on my dd!

Last edited by Vlo1125; 09-07-2016 at 05:32 AM..
Old 09-07-2016, 06:38 AM   #40
deanslist
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: deanslist
Stats: 5'3.5" 185/126.4/120-123
WOE: Protein Power, mod fat and low carb
Start Date: 1999 (Atkins) Lost most of my weight
Quote:
Julie- thanks for the input. Can relate to what you are saying.

Barb- you are right high fat low carbs for a few days does help with cravings!

Yesterday I tried for a dd, and nope! So I went for an md, nope! So finally my last option an ud, and i stuck to my calorie limit. Because of the insane amount of bloat I am down 2.6 lbs. so feeling better today, although I'm beyond sore from my new kettle bell excercise that I can barely move! So today I'll go for a dd. Gonna take all of your suggestions and put hacking on hold for a while. I do think they work and are a useful tool but should really be used to break stalls not just for quick fixes. Idk that I won't still continue to have my binge issues with Juddd but for now I really need to pay attention to what is happening to trigger it. I know eating sugar ( like I did Friday) is one trigger. Even though my fat fast was a fail cause I over ate, it did help get me 2 days off sugar and now I feel that craving is gone. I also know I'm a big night eater and I really need to save a lot of calories for that or else that triggers a binge. Stillmans brought nonfatgreek yogurt back into my life ( love it!) and it's very filling and it's only 80 calories so I'm going to try to save enough calories both on ud and dd for that to be my night time snack. Anywho that's all I've got for now. Wish me luck on my dd!
I'm a night eater too Vlo and I love my Greek yogurt. If I can't have it before bed or we are out I feel like I'm being punished! Hope your eating goes well today!

Melissa's Headroom
http://lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=889720

Desperately Seeking Balance
http://lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=890147
deanslist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 08:16 AM   #41
Vlo1125
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Melissa! Definitely have to have the yogurt! Lol! I found this toffee flavored stevia that when combined with FF plain Greek yogurt tastes amazing! Most def a staple now! So far so good but it's only 10 am just took all my supplements I had been ignoring so hope that helps curb the appetite today. Another thing I had stopped doing is making sure to keep busy on dd's so gonna try to get out of the house today and stay away from food. My DD starts school tomorrow , I've resolved to walk her to school in the mornings (not close)for more excercise, let's see how long that lasts lol!

Ok edit: just checked and it's only .7 miles or a 16 minute walk according to maps that's embarrassing! Idk why it's seemed further away but walking there and then back would only be 1.4 miles!

Last edited by Vlo1125; 09-07-2016 at 08:20 AM..
Old 09-07-2016, 08:23 AM   #42
taramisu
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: taramisu
Stats: 282/209/180
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: April 7, 2015
Hi everyone. I'm with the autumn-lovers... other than winter, it's my favorite time. Mentally, I feel so much better during the cooler months. Everything is cozier... more to look forward to... maybe also because the clothes cover more. But mainly... just the feeling of fall.

The last couple of weeks I've made poor choices. I went to Kansas City with my sister (we saw the Dixie Chicks, soooooo awesome!), then had the three-day weekend with tons of food, and it's always hard to get back on track after one of those atypical weeks. Yesterday's DD ended up being a slightly-over UD, and I am really struggling with guilt over those mess-ups and a lack of self-confidence. I know that holidays/vacations are always tough for me, and I can get back on track, but the sooner, the better. So today WILL be a successful DD. I swear it!

Carly, happy birthday to your DW!

Phoenix, hope your pup has/had a good time at the kennel... maybe making some canine pals! It's hard leaving them... I'm not sure how people with human children do it. ANYWAY--oh man, the only thing worse than people taking candid photos is VIDEO. I do NOT need to see myself on video!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbo View Post
Dh is out fishing at Catalina Isle, and I slept in until 10 a.m and so
did my little dog Clemmie.
Weighed in this morning after my DD and I lost the two lbs. I had gained.
Happy happy! Won't go crazy today but I am making a little Chocolate
Almond Cake for two with a bit of ganache frosting. It's a recipe from
a low carber called "All Day I Dream About Food":
That sounds deliiiiiiicious. What kind of pup do you have, Barbo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post
Hello Joining you guys. I started juddd on a DD today. I have done Stillmans off and on for way too many years. Losing and gaining the same 20-30 pounds over and over.
I am desperate for something long term that is healthy and sustainable. I am reading the book and excited about following this plan.
! Always nice to meet someone new. I have been in that lose-gain cycle for years myself. Hope you find JUDDD to be a sustainable plan for you!
tara ¤

My Journal

Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times—if one only remembers to turn on the light. ~ Albus Dumbledore
taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 08:35 AM   #43
taramisu
Senior LCF Member

P0rtia: was just reading what I missed in the August daily chat--CONGRATULATIONS on your 100 pound loss!!!! I 100% understand that feeling of "quiet satisfaction" when it's a goal you've hit before, but... still worthy of some celebration.
tara ¤

My Journal

Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times—if one only remembers to turn on the light. ~ Albus Dumbledore
Old 09-07-2016, 09:48 AM   #44
Partyof8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Partyof8
Stats: 348/231/170
WOE: Low Carb, Intermittent Fasting
Start Date: Began journey March '14 Break '15 restart: Jan '16
Hello every one..
I'm back from my week of over indulgence. Today is a good solid DD planned. I've been stress eating a lot. Scale said 242 this morning. Oh well.

Binge eating is a struggle I always have, but it has gotten better. I think the extreme weight loss of the hacks is great - but I look at the scale and I see it has not been so easily sustainable like my other weight loss has. Just piles back on just as quick.

The plan for today is:
To drink 100 oz of water
Coffee
and chicken breast over salad when I'm hungry.

Restart after baby: 285 on 1/18/16 - lost 54 pounds since!
117 pounds total
Today, I will just do my very best.
Partyof8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 10:32 AM   #45
phoenix17
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: phoenix17
Stats: getting there slowly but surely
WOE: LC, MF and now JUDDD
Hi everyone!! Also trying to get my head back in to the dieting game after a weekend of no dieting. But I really did enjoy myself!

DP was a good boy all weekend but sometimes having a dog around can be limiting. I went kayaking one day and as I was moving away in the kayak DP jumped in the water and started swimming after me. Poor boy. we had to get him back to shore and he had to be leashed and tied up while I was gone. I am going to see if there is a way to teach a dog to sit still in a kayak . (Yes he is spoiled rotten and I don't care).
we also ate and drank plenty but the best part was getting fresh caught (that day) lobster - boy what a difference fresh makes. We ate well but I think it was relatively "in control" (unlike the wine consumption). I loved it so much I'm considering buying land up there.

I did get on the scale and immediately jumped back off again. Denial. But I know that its a lot of water weight so I'm doing potatoes for a few days to see if it can get my head back to watching my consumption. I won't make my mini-goal by my conference departure, I'm not close enough. My lowest recorded weight in the last month was only 3 lbs from goal, but I only saw it once. I did not do any better than my average of 1 lb per week. thats ok, at least it is moving down... and my friends commented that it was obvious I had lost weight so thats nice too.

I echo a lot of the sentiments on the JUDDD and hacking too. although I enjoyed (and will enjoy) the potato hack, I can't do it long term either. I think we all know that fast weight loss never lasts. There is always the dreaded bounce. And I think they are too restrictive- the whole reason I wanted to do JUDDD is to avoid that metabolism reset that constant restriction supposedly gives.
phoenix17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 11:57 AM   #46
p0rtia
Major LCF Poster!

Hi all! September has rolled well in; the days are hot but the crickets are chirping, the spiders are spinning their webs, and the sun is low in the sky (alas for my solar panels!). I'm enjoying my Weds. DD. Had a nice one egg omelet this AM--gonna have a three-meal DD today, just 'cause.

Worked on my new porch this morning, putting a second coat of green stain on the trim. Kind of a challenge, as the can of stain is three years old, and gets lumpy if you take your eye off it for One Second. Settling in now for an afternoon of work work.

Hey, where's the Sept. exercise thread when I need it? I got the go-ahead from my doc a few weeks ago to exercise my heart out (to a point, anyway), so I've resumed my power-walking. Been doing 2 or 3 power-walks a week, 30 to 40 minutes. The best news is that I'm jogging a bit, which is rather pleasing (though I've got to be careful of my knees). I've had this annoying breathing thing going on for a year, and for whatever reason, it is now pretty much gone. Witness me a couple of weeks ago with tears welling in my eyes, hooting aloud, and properly panting (previously impossible) as I did a slow jog along the farm lane where I walk. My Sept exercise goal is to repeat same twice a week, until my knees complain, at which point I will just power-walk.

Bingeing. Who was talking about bingeing? Or possibly binging. I consider myself a Binger In Remission (TM). I've known I was a binger for a long time, but only when I was in remission did I realize it was a thing: Binge Eating Disorder (which my mental health counselor considers a syndrome more than a disorder). I have/had every single behavioral symptoms. FWIT I didn't start out as a binger; I morphed into one, probably in my thirties.

It may seem obvious, but no weight loss program in the universe would work for me if I were still binging/looking forward to my next binge. It's the ping-pong effect. It's what I think about when I talk about sustainability. /philosophical moment

Old 09-07-2016, 12:53 PM   #47
Carly

Quote:
Stillmans brought nonfatgreek yogurt back into my life ( love it!) and it's very filling and it's only 80 calories so I'm going to try to save enough calories both on ud and dd for that to be my night time snack. Anywho that's all I've got for now. Wish me luck on my dd!
I LOVE FF Greek yogurt. I eat it almost every day. My usually DD meal has been a green salad and a Dannon Light & Fit Greek yogurt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanslist View Post
I'm a night eater too Vlo and I love my Greek yogurt. If I can't have it before bed or we are out I feel like I'm being punished! Hope your eating goes well today!
I know I'm in good company at night, now, when I eat my yogurt.

Quote:
Ok edit: just checked and it's only .7 miles or a 16 minute walk according to maps that's embarrassing! Idk why it's seemed further away but walking there and then back would only be 1.4 miles!
I love starting my day with a walk. It's 1.2 miles to the train station and then just over a mile and a half from Grand Central to my office. I listen to my pod casts and get my brain ready for the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix17 View Post
Hi everyone!! Also trying to get my head back in to the dieting game after a weekend of no dieting. But I really did enjoy myself!

I did get on the scale and immediately jumped back off again. Denial. But I know that its a lot of water weight so I'm doing potatoes for a few days to see if it can get my head back to watching my consumption. I won't make my mini-goal by my conference departure, I'm not close enough. My lowest recorded weight in the last month was only 3 lbs from goal, but I only saw it once. I did not do any better than my average of 1 lb per week. thats ok, at least it is moving down... and my friends commented that it was obvious I had lost weight so thats nice too.
I'm glad you had a good weekend. DW and I had a great weekend as well, but plenty of food was involved.

I will consult the scale tonight, but I'm prepared for an ugly number... It was worth it- at least I'm saying that now. I may feel differently tonight...

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

Old 09-07-2016, 03:32 PM   #48
phoenix17
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by p0rtia View Post
Hey, where's the Sept. exercise thread when I need it? I got the go-ahead from my doc a few weeks ago to exercise my heart out (to a point, anyway), so I've resumed my power-walking. Been doing 2 or 3 power-walks a week, 30 to 40 minutes. The best news is that I'm jogging a bit, which is rather pleasing (though I've got to be careful of my knees). I've had this annoying breathing thing going on for a year, and for whatever reason, it is now pretty much gone. Witness me a couple of weeks ago with tears welling in my eyes, hooting aloud, and properly panting (previously impossible) as I did a slow jog along the farm lane where I walk. My Sept exercise goal is to repeat same twice a week, until my knees complain, at which point I will just power-walk.

Quote:
I love starting my day with a walk. It's 1.2 miles to the train station and then just over a mile and a half from Grand Central to my office. I listen to my pod casts and get my brain ready for the day.

I will consult the scale tonight, but I'm prepared for an ugly number... It was worth it- at least I'm saying that now. I may feel differently tonight...
Yay Portia!!

I am also hooked on walking- I get mine in morning and evening with DP in the woods. As the sun fades from the sky it does become a challenge to find time to get in to the woods because otherwise we must resort to leash walking on the streets. Definitely not mine or DPs favorite!! I can easily say that walking/hiking will always be my favorite form of exercise/movement/meditation.

Carly - my entire goal is to get to the point that I only have to diet to make up for the overindulging because we all tend to celebrate with food and drink and they tend not to be low cal celebrations, but I don't ever want to regret them (or stop) either. So I hope your thought of it being worth it doesn't change, no matter what that stupid scale says.

My poor DP got stung by something over the weekend - at least I assume that was why he was suddenly running in circles shaking his head and rubbing his muzzle on the ground. And I think it has given him a fear of buzzing insects. I had a few flies in my house (I think those nasty buggers are getting in thru my stupid AC window units!! argh!!) and he was desperate to get outside and shaking like a leaf. he wouldn't come back in. I had to carry him back off the trail. He is currently hiding in the bedroom curled up in my bed. I have no idea how to convince him I've killed the nasty things and they just seem to keep appearing!! maybe its time to take them out of the windows and just swelter if the heat goes back up...
Old 09-07-2016, 04:54 PM   #49
Kissa

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/120/120 5'3" Age 70
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2002 Atkins 2011 JUDDD 2016 BSD/JUDDD
Loving all the posts, I have been busy, busy, busy, but happy this past week so reading but not posting much.

Carly, love the photos of you and DW. Happy days.

Doing okay, but eating more the I need. I am missing that slightly empty feeling, I get when weight loss/maintaining is going well.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Hunger is not an emergency.

It's not what you eat between Christmas and New Year that makes you fat, it's what you eat between New Year and Christmas.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 06:03 PM   #50
leonak
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: leonak
Stats: Goal Met July, 2015 - 112!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Loving all the posts, I have been busy, busy, busy, but happy this past week so reading but not posting much.

Carly, love the photos of you and DW.
Happy days.

Doing okay, but eating more the I need. I am missing that slightly empty feeling, I get when weight loss/maintaining is going well.
I missed those photos
Old 09-07-2016, 06:19 PM   #51
Vlo1125
Major LCF Poster!

Well today was not sucuessful , got into the peanut butter ate a 1/4 of it, looked at the half full jar and thought of Carly's waste vs waist and tossed it in the trash too late to stop damage but at least it's not there to tempt me another day. Good news though, just booked a flight to visit home the first of next month. Got 3 weeks to motivate me to stick to it! Woot woot!

Last edited by Vlo1125; 09-07-2016 at 06:20 PM..
Old 09-07-2016, 06:34 PM   #52
leonak
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: leonak
Stats: Goal Met July, 2015 - 112!!!!
Quote:
Well today was not sucuessful , got into the peanut butter ate a 1/4 of it, looked at the half full jar and thought of Carly's waste vs waist and tossed it in the trash too late to stop damage but at least it's not there to tempt me another day. Good news though, just booked a flight to visit home the first of next month. Got 3 weeks to motivate me to stick to it! Woot woot!
Where is home to you?

PR or back to where you just moved from? Think it must be P.R.

Good for you!

THERE IS NO PLACE LIKE HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-07-2016, 09:49 PM   #53
Barbo
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

DD today

Wow eating that box of rice crackers yesterday did me in.

I didn't eat today until dinner at 7:30 P.M.
It was easier not to eat than to start tripping the carb fantastic.

One cup broccoli cooked
1.5 c. of Thai coconut/chicken soup 300
One piece sugar free chocolate cake 200
Creamer in 1 c. coffee 50

1/2 c. Fiber One 60
1/4 c. milk 20

Total 630

Couple of home made 'gummy bears'
Old 09-07-2016, 09:57 PM   #54
Barbo
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sorry it looks like the peanut butter called you and the crackers called me.
Let's have a much better day today. If I can get to sleep earlier tonight it
would be a blessing to me. Tomorrow's an UP but I'm not certain if I'll go
more on the moderate side. I really hurt myself with the rice crackers.

So sorry about dear puppy getting stung. Poor dear little pal. Hope DP survived
and is not afraid to go outside now. My little Clemmie can get very spooked over
a situation like that.

Well pals have a great,better,super, positive day tomorrow.
Will see y'all then.
Old 09-08-2016, 07:48 AM   #55
Carly

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonak View Post
I missed those photos
The picture is in my journal.

Quote:
Whatever works- and let me tell you- that one has helped me more than once. Sometimes I can even think it through right there in the grocery store and leave it right on the shelf or in the freezer isle (Skinny Cow Ice Cream is not low cal if you eat half the box in one day. I say "Back away from the Skinny Cow and no one gets hurt )

Old 09-08-2016, 08:20 AM   #56
taramisu
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Ooh, good for you, Vlo! That darn peanut butter... no matter how much you eat, it's never enough!

Quote:
I say "Back away from the Skinny Cow and no one gets hurt )
tara ¤

My Journal

Old 09-08-2016, 08:30 AM   #57
phoenix17
Major LCF Poster!

My poor little pup was acting very weird all night so I just let him be. I assume he will get back to normal soon enough. it will be tough if he stays afraid of buzzing insects!! I live near the woods!

Barbo is your thai coconut chicken soup one of your recipes? Yum I'm really craving soup lately even though tomorrow will be hot (90s) and humid here again. I'm ready for fall to really take hold.

Today is back to work after 5 days off and yikes what a mess. I probably shouldn't be taking this break for personal time but sometimes I Just have to change my state of mind to be able to focus again. Makes me long for more vacation thats for sure. Retirement seems so far away...

I felt I was holding on to LOTS Of water weight and so I did a potato DD yesterday and sure enough this morning I was 4.4 lbs lighter! Gotta love those taters. I am considering trying to do 3 days of potatoes but after 5 days of free eating, I am not sure if I can do 3 days of restricted eating right away, you know? I leave for that conference next Friday so it will be 5 days of not being completely in control of my schedule or the menu. sigh. I may try to just stay as low carb as possible and skip meals when I can - it is the only strategy I can come up with that won't interfere too much with the events. That will at least keep me away from the tables of muffins and pastries but allow me to eat at lunches and dinners. There seems to nearly always be a low carb option available these days (salad and protein). I should probably pack a few low carb options- what were the low carb protein bars that tend to be recommended?
Old 09-08-2016, 10:23 AM   #58
Vlo1125
Major LCF Poster!

Phoenix- poor dp! And wtg on dropping the water weight!

Tara- yea I've got no business eating PB, first it's not even paleo, 2nd it's highly addictive, 3rd ( & probably worst) is my daughter is allergic , like epipen required allergic...... really going to not buy it agian! Sounds like an amazing time in Kansas so don't regret it! Looks like you've already got back on track judging by your drop! You got this dude!

Carly- lol too true about those skinny cows! Oh man I remember loving those back in my WW days! Hope the scale wasn't too bad for you!

Barb- well now we know rice crackers and PB are triggers so we can avoid them next time! Hope your day is better today!

Leona- home is Chicago! Though my family is from PR and I love going back to here too!

Katie- I hope your dd went well!

Only up .2 from my PB mishap so I'll take it and be grateful it wasn't more! Nothing motivates me like an upcoming trip, nothing! So I feel like I'll do really well for the rest of the month. I hate that it takes big events or trips for me to get my act together but I guess that just means I'll have to travel more so my goal is still the same 160 lbs by the end of the month that's 13.6 lbs but not really cause I was holding steady at 168-170 before this last weekend so im pretty sure I'll get a big water weight whoosh. Today is another dd attempt since yesterday was a fail, I already feel more mentally on point about it though so I foresee no issues. I also decided to stop adding HWC to my coffee on dd's, it eats up 100 calories when I'd rather have it at night in yogurt form! I bought those mini moos half and half and two of them in my coffee is only 20 calories , much better! I'll save the creamy coffees for my UD! Anywho ttyl guys, gotta go pick up my big baby from her first day of 3rd grade!

Gotta get better at identifying and staying away from binge triggers:
1. PB
2. Cold cuts
3. Potato chips
4. Sugar
5. Not having calories left for night snack

Last edited by Vlo1125; 09-08-2016 at 10:28 AM..
Old 09-08-2016, 11:13 AM   #59
Partyof8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Partyof8
Stats: 348/231/170
WOE: Low Carb, Intermittent Fasting
Start Date: Began journey March '14 Break '15 restart: Jan '16
Still busy here. I did a good job yesterday, but it was more a medium day around 800 cals.
Scale said 238 last night so thats better. Didn't weigh today. I will in the AM.

Restart after baby: 285 on 1/18/16 - lost 54 pounds since!
117 pounds total
Today, I will just do my very best.
Partyof8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 12:09 PM   #60
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/103/100-110
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance.
Start Date: 2011
The humidity is so high that it's taking x2 as long as usual to dehydrate the tomatoes. I was in danger of some of the tomatoes going over before there was room in the dehydrator so I've had to put some tomatoes in a weak brine to ferment so that I can keep them.
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote