Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 09-13-2016, 04:23 PM   #121
nonnie
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nonnie
Stats: HW 350 280/173/130
WOE: BSD/JUDDD
Start Date: July 20, 2014 (JUDDD)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
Hi Everyone. I am seriously considering the "Whole 30" or "Beyond Diet" plans, but I can't find any mention of either of them on the forums. Do any of you know if there is a forum for either of these under another name or something? Thanks!!
I used Advanced Search (at the bottom of the search box) and did a google search of Low Carb Friends (2nd box from the top) for "whole 30" and got several results. Good luck!
June 2014: LC/5:2 288.8 to 280;
July 2014: start JUDDD; April 2016: start BSD
nonnie is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-13-2016, 07:29 PM   #122
p0rtia
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: p0rtia
Stats: 5'7" 307/170/150-160
WOE: ex-Atkins; low cal/low carb + 4:3 JUDDD
Start Date: May 22, 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by taramisu View Post

Right there with you Portia! 203 today--fighting my way back to 199 and will not give up!!
Super! Onsie-Buddies! Good luck, Tara! Whichever of us gets there first, we will have to cheer for the other to follow!
Old 09-13-2016, 07:36 PM   #123
Beowulf
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Beowulf
Stats: 148/137/130# 5'6" 60yrs
WOE: LC+IF
Start Date: Jan 2018 Stillman’s plus IF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
Hi Everyone. I am seriously considering the "Whole 30" or "Beyond Diet" plans, but I can't find any mention of either of them on the forums. Do any of you know if there is a forum for either of these under another name or something? Thanks!!
Hi Cindy, You can find occasional Whole30 challenges here (searching as SlowSure described), but as far as I can tell there is no standing group that discusses it. Were you looking for references? Or buddies?
Beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 04:55 AM   #124
Beowulf
Senior LCF Member

Cindy - I forgot to mention, search for "Whole30" with no space to find threads on this forum.
Old 09-14-2016, 06:47 AM   #125
Vlo1125
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Vlo1125
Stats: 263/159.2/155
WOE: Primal w/ JUDDD
Start Date: 2013
Library girl- I tried a whole30 once , lasted a week then I found Juddd lol! I think they are a good idea to clean up your diet if you've gone off the rails. I also think there good if you suspect food intolerances or sensitivities as it eliminates a lot of common culprits. Then when you are done you can start to add them back in little by little to see how it affects you. I've often thought of giving it another go but i struggle with letting go of dairy!

I'm having a very moody day, for sure partly do to TOM and also feeling horrible fatigue from it being 2 weeks without my t3 meds. I can't seem to get the pharmacy and my dr to communicate to get the correct script and I feel like my medicine I need to live is being held hostage. Very frustrating. Yesterday I felt very off and near tears much of the day. I made the mistake of making an LC snack and eating it without calculating first and it ended up being so high in calories it threw off the rest of my day and so at night I was out of calories when I know that triggers me to over eat. And then I get the "oh well!" Attitude and went way over my cals I'm sure. So I'm back up the 2lbs I lost from my dd, it's Wednesday and I've made no progress this week, actually up from last week. I'm having one of those angry days where I hate this constant weight battle. I work so hard, so so hard and I'm just losing and gaining the same 20 lbs for 2 years. Sigh. Reluctantly walked my kid to school, now I'm going to do my million squats that make my legs look no different don't mind me and my sour puss attitude, it'll pass soon!

Last edited by Vlo1125; 09-14-2016 at 06:49 AM..
Vlo1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 08:01 AM   #126
taramisu
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: taramisu
Stats: 282/209/180
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: April 7, 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by p0rtia View Post
Super! Onsie-Buddies! Good luck, Tara! Whichever of us gets there first, we will have to cheer for the other to follow!
The way things are going with me right now, I doubt it'll be me, but YES. Weighed in this morning at 205.4. What?! I know for various reasons there's a lot of water weight happening right now, but that was NOT a happy number to see. I'm not out of control right now, but I don't feel super good about what I've been eating, and I've only got myself to blame. Bleh... I need to think positively.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlo1125 View Post
I'm having one of those angry days where I hate this constant weight battle. I work so hard, so so hard and I'm just losing and gaining the same 20 lbs for 2 years. Sigh. Reluctantly walked my kid to school, now I'm going to do my million squats that make my legs look no different don't mind me and my sour puss attitude, it'll pass soon!
I hate those phases. Where it seems like nothing's going right, and even when you try to be good, turns out it wasn't so good after all. I wish there was something I could say but frankly in the end, I agree! It's just HARD, this weight loss thing! Having great JUDDD buds and motivation helps... but in the end, it's just so very hard. But, day by day... hope today is better for you, Vlo!
tara ¤

My Journal

Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times—if one only remembers to turn on the light. ~ Albus Dumbledore
taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 09:07 AM   #127
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/103/100-110
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance.
Start Date: 2011
Quote:
I'm having one of those angry days where I hate this constant weight battle. I work so hard, so so hard and I'm just losing and gaining the same 20 lbs for 2 years. Sigh. Reluctantly walked my kid to school, now I'm going to do my million squats that make my legs look no different don't mind me and my sour puss attitude, it'll pass soon!
Quote:
I hate those phases. Where it seems like nothing's going right, and even when you try to be good, turns out it wasn't so good after all. I wish there was something I could say but frankly in the end, I agree!
to you both and all JBs who are enduring this! I remember such days and emotions only too well. When the amount of effort going into this yields so little in the way of results that can be seen or felt.

There probably are all sorts of beneficial changes. The research on fasting and exercise shows this is true - but those beneficial changes are probably in all sorts of metabolic and biochemical biomarkers that none of us track (certainly not on a regular basis).

I know it's not the same but sometimes I can't bear the amount of effort I put into maintaining this dispiriting level of lean body mass (LBM). Rationally, given that I'm sarcopenic (have clinically low levels of LBM), I know that I'm doing well by maintaining and not losing any LBM but it's gruelling sometimes and I rarely feel any difference. My current PBs for my strength training are approx. 30% of what they used to be - and it's unlikely they'll improve - I'm doing well to keep them at this level.

It's not exciting, it can be morale-sapping, but in the complexities of our lives, maintaining and not deteriorating is sometimes the best that we can do.

That said, I anticipate that you will both make your scale weight goals because you're able to maintain your perseverance even through these times when the weight journey feels so bleak.
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 09:10 AM   #128
Carly
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/130/125 5'1" 41yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD- maintaining since 2/2013
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:

I'm having a very moody day, for sure partly do to TOM and also feeling horrible fatigue from it being 2 weeks without my t3 meds. I can't seem to get the pharmacy and my dr to communicate to get the correct script and I feel like my medicine I need to live is being held hostage. Very frustrating. Yesterday I felt very off and near tears much of the day. I made the mistake of making an LC snack and eating it without calculating first and it ended up being so high in calories it threw off the rest of my day and so at night I was out of calories when I know that triggers me to over eat. And then I get the "oh well!" Attitude and went way over my cals I'm sure. So I'm back up the 2lbs I lost from my dd, it's Wednesday and I've made no progress this week, actually up from last week. I'm having one of those angry days where I hate this constant weight battle. I work so hard, so so hard and I'm just losing and gaining the same 20 lbs for 2 years. Sigh. Reluctantly walked my kid to school, now I'm going to do my million squats that make my legs look no different don't mind me and my sour puss attitude, it'll pass soon!
Like Tara said, unfortunately it is hard. And for better or worse, losing the weight is just the first step. I've learned that maintenance takes just as much mental fortitude as losing the weight does.

Today a staff member came around with a tray of gourmet mini muffins. Everyone around me took 1 or 2. I said "thanks, but I'm going to pass." When I was walking away a woman said to me you could have one or two, you are so skinny. I said "Perhaps, but with great effort." It's an UD and surely I could budget my calories to include a mini muffin or 2, but if I ate a mini muffin at 8am I would start to feel hungry and want to eat throughout the day and if I did that my energy level would tank and all around I knew the best choice for me, was to pass up the mini-muffin.

It's automatic for me, in the sense that I don't have to sit and think any of this through anymore and I very automatically decline offers for food during the day, but I know that constant vigilance is needed for me. I take 2-3 mini breaks/ vacations during the year and then I allow a little less structure around when I eat, but I figure the constant diligence is keeping me close to weight I want to be and I know how quickly and easily I can gain and I know I don't like how I feel when then happens, so I stick with what works.

I think it helps that I don't have any feelings of deprivation because I do manage to eat the things I want over the course of a week or whenever. I have a small desert on most UDs and since I don't have any restrictions on the type of food I eat I know it will always be there down the road and likely there is no shortage of something I might like to have, but know I should put off for a day or 3.

But because it's not easy, but I'm so grateful to have all you wonderful JUDDD buds who are traveling this journey with me.

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html

Last edited by Carly; 09-14-2016 at 09:12 AM..
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 10:14 AM   #129
Kissa
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/120/120 5'3" Age 70
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2002 Atkins 2011 JUDDD 2016 BSD/JUDDD
Please excuse me for not replying to all the posts here, I am on a lovely break travelling around East Anglia with DH. Weather is hot (sorry Slow, I love it) countryside beautiful, doing my best to eat well.

Hope all feel healthier and happier soon.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Hunger is not an emergency.

It's not what you eat between Christmas and New Year that makes you fat, it's what you eat between New Year and Christmas.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 02:12 PM   #130
Barbo
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Barbo
Stats: 225/145/136
WOE: Low Carb Diabetic Plan
Start Date: August 2005
Lucky Kissa

What a beautiful place to be.

Are you in Cambridgeshire? Just where? So much to do and see in
East England. I wish we had gone in that direction. There is so much to
do and see in England, one needs very many years to explore.
Old 09-14-2016, 03:21 PM   #131
Vlo1125
Major LCF Poster!

Tara- the struggle is real! Lol! I do need to just focus on one day at a time and not push myself so hard to expect unrealistic results. much love friend!

Slow- always the voice of reason! That is a good way to look at it, there are so many things going on beneath the surface that we don't physically see! I need to be grateful for my progress thus far and for my health and to accept that even when I don't see results there are still health benefits to be had from fasting . Thanks, perseverance is my middle name!

Carly-it must be annoying to get those comments from people who assume that you didn't have to work very hard to get where you are! Like yea lady , I'm this skinny because I DONT eat the office muffins! Lol! I've gotten similar comments from people who don't know that I've lost as much as I have, and when I talk about wanting to lose weight they just assume I haven't tried yet. Like oh, just start walking, or go start such and such diet. And it's it's like...yea.....no my whole life is dieting and excercise. can't wait till its automatic for me, I mean declining muffins and such is ,because I do have food restrictions aside from Juddd ,but I want the automatic no to be because being skinny is more important.
Old 09-14-2016, 04:12 PM   #132
p0rtia
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: p0rtia
Stats: 5'7" 307/170/150-160
WOE: ex-Atkins; low cal/low carb + 4:3 JUDDD
Start Date: May 22, 2015
Quote:
The way things are going with me right now, I doubt it'll be me, but YES. Weighed in this morning at 205.4. What?! I know for various reasons there's a lot of water weight happening right now, but that was NOT a happy number to see. I'm not out of control right now, but I don't feel super good about what I've been eating, and I've only got myself to blame. Bleh... I need to think positively.
It's so much fun to drop down a decade, isn't it? And ten times the fun when the decade is also a century! I can't wait. But I'm going to be patient. Slow and steady. It's not a contest, of course. :-) But we can encourage one another to make this huge step! Goooo Tara! Like that!

Thinking positively has a lot of aspects, IMO. Like remembering that we've lost 50 or 80 or 100 lb in the last 15 months or so, and remembering to be really proud of that, and HAPPY about it, and to cast off the fear that if we eat a nut bar we'll wake up in the morning and it'll all be back. Taking confidence from that pride and happiness and using that confidence to know that we can do what we set out to do. Recognizing that sometimes, for a few days or a week or two weeks or a month, the fates conspire to kill our efforts at weight management, but that DOES NOT MEAN that the bad old days are making an inevitable return.

So heck yeah, I know the "I'm not happy about what I'm eating" feeling and it's reality (I particularly struggled through the winter of 2014/15, and remember saying "I'm not committed"). Let me know if there's anything I can do! Maybe asking, what are you eating tomorrow? :-) Are you doing EOD?
Old 09-14-2016, 04:36 PM   #133
Beowulf
Senior LCF Member

Vlo -
I have no words of wisdom. Just
This stuff is hard.
Old 09-15-2016, 06:48 AM   #134
phoenix17
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: phoenix17
Stats: getting there slowly but surely
WOE: LC, MF and now JUDDD
Hey folks- just dropping in to say hello to all and to add my support to the struggles. Honestly I am not sure I know anyone that has not had to struggle with weight/fitness at some point in their lives unless there was some medical condition. (not counting young active people) the point being we all have to pay attention to what we eat and how much we move regardless of who we are. I feel that over the years, there has been so much misleading or perhaps just uninformed information out there about what are the best/healthiest foods to eat or probably more accurate- what is UNhealthy to eat (processed food is sadly faster, easier, and most times less expensive) and it seems to have taken a while for people to realize how different we all are and what works for some does not work for all.

Anyway- I'm preaching to the choir here. I am just glad to have this forum as a support as I go through my own struggles. I suppose that old adage "misery loves company" can be true - or at least for me it can be helpful to know I'm not the only one who struggles.

I did end up weighing myself today (despite t-o-m) and see I am hovering in the same vicinity so I am telling myself that really means it will probably be at least a pound less. Its not where I wanted to be but its still less than it was 6 weeks ago! As long as I still seen an overall downward trend, I just have to be OK with losing only about a pound a week. It seems to never change. Even when I have a whoosh (hacking or not) I will then stall out a bit so it always averages out to about 1 lb/week. It is what it is.

I am bringing my fitbit with me of course and despite being caught up with conference things for days I am going try my best to get in my 10k steps/day. I think I may also try for some hotel room exercises like squats, planks, crunches, etc- just to remind myself to keep up the battle! having sore abs is a good reminder that I don't need that big fluffy muffin. Almost always those mass produced bits of sugary carb on the tables do not taste as good as the calories should so NOT WORTH IT. I should write that on my hand and glance at it every time I reach for something like that. . Leanne's mention of her counting bracelet is making me consider picking out a "reminder" bracelet to wear all week...

hope everyone has a great day!
phoenix17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 06:49 AM   #135
Vlo1125
Major LCF Poster!

Beowulf-

Portia- you are right! Need to feel happy about the progress that I've already made! I think it's the amount of excercise I'm doing that trips me up. I expect it to give me these awesome results and it just doesn't! And then it messes my diet up because I start to think " oh well, it doesn't matter what I do I'm not getting anywhere so I'm going to eat a 2nd helping of xyz!" Also food quality is rarely an issue for me, it's portion control! I want to eat huge servings , so while something maybe healthy or low carb if you eat 2 or 3 servings of it you've gone way over your calories! I am attempting to do EOD again but fumbling every few days. But like you said I just need to accept that there might be a few days a month that don't go my way and I need to expect it( TOM for sure)and not feel like it's the end of the world! Lol!

Yesterday I couldnt force myself to do a dd so it was an md, only down .6 but I'm ok considering it could've much worse because the mood I was in . I finally got the pharmacy to fill my script correctly and their going to overnight it so hopefully once I start taking that again after a few days my energy ,mood and , weightloss go back to normal! Only two weeks till my trip back home I know if I really try hard and do my rotations correctly I could probably lose 5 to 10 pounds in that time frame. Even though yesterday was an Md I'm going to go ahead and have my UD. Another thing Ive come to realize is I don't think I should have breakfast on ud's. typically I'm not very hungry and what I seem to choose to eat is also so high in calories. So then I need to be careful the rest of my meals for the day and this does not work because I need those calories for my later meals. If I really am feeling hungry in the morning on an ud then I just need to have a yogurt for 80 cal. I do still want to try to choose lower calorie options on ud's so that I can eat more because if portion control is my problem then I need to eat things that will give me more food for the calories. So AnyWho that's where I am right now ,skipping breakfast and going to carefully calculate my lunch ,dinner ,and snacks so that I hit my calorie limit for the day hope all of you are doing well !talk to you later ?
Old 09-15-2016, 06:54 AM   #136
Leanne21071
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Leanne21071
Stats: 233/142/146-120
WOE: Weight Watchers, IF and knowledgeable
Start Date: restart Dec 8 2014 nov 2017
I'm feeling greatful and thankful today. I hope you all have a beautiful Thursday. The weekend is almost here!
This time is forever I say this again!!
Goal I don’t know where I’ll end up but I’m happy where I am!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-maintain.html
Leanne21071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 06:58 AM   #137
Leanne21071
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Vlo we do like to eat breakfast for dinner at our home a lot. So many yummy things that I also don't want to eat in the morning. I'm a long time breakfast skipper.

Old 09-15-2016, 07:23 AM   #138
Vlo1125
Major LCF Poster!

Leanne- I always forget I can have breakfast for dinner maybe have to do it sometimes because me and morning breakfast need to break up for awhile!

Phoenix- it is nice to be able to come here and see we aren't alone with the crazy high and lows of our weightloss journeys!

Sigh, just got an email from my pharmacy saying there was a problem and they were holding my meds. I called them, they said you have to pay the copay. Me:...........I paid you over $200 yesterday......what else do you want? Pharmacy: oh yea you did, we'll take the hold Off and send it. Me:......it was supposed to be overnighted yesterday so I could get it today, when am I going to get it? Pharmacy: probably tomorrow. Me: ........( hangs up phone) I can't even anymore these people are messing up my life. Arrrrgggh!
Old 09-15-2016, 07:35 AM   #139
Beowulf
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Beowulf-

Portia- you are right! Need to feel happy about the progress that I've already made! I think it's the amount of excercise I'm doing that trips me up. I expect it to give me these awesome results and it just doesn't! And then it messes my diet up because I start to think " oh well, it doesn't matter what I do I'm not getting anywhere so I'm going to eat a 2nd helping of xyz!" Also food quality is rarely an issue for me, it's portion control! I want to eat huge servings , so while something maybe healthy or low carb if you eat 2 or 3 servings of it you've gone way over your calories! I am attempting to do EOD again but fumbling every few days. But like you said I just need to accept that there might be a few days a month that don't go my way and I need to expect it( TOM for sure)and not feel like it's the end of the world! Lol!

Yesterday I couldnt force myself to do a dd so it was an md, only down .6 but I'm ok considering it could've much worse because the mood I was in . I finally got the pharmacy to fill my script correctly and their going to overnight it so hopefully once I start taking that again after a few days my energy ,mood and , weightloss go back to normal! Only two weeks till my trip back home I know if I really try hard and do my rotations correctly I could probably lose 5 to 10 pounds in that time frame. Even though yesterday was an Md I'm going to go ahead and have my UD. Another thing Ive come to realize is I don't think I should have breakfast on ud's. typically I'm not very hungry and what I seem to choose to eat is also so high in calories. So then I need to be careful the rest of my meals for the day and this does not work because I need those calories for my later meals. If I really am feeling hungry in the morning on an ud then I just need to have a yogurt for 80 cal. I do still want to try to choose lower calorie options on ud's so that I can eat more because if portion control is my problem then I need to eat things that will give me more food for the calories. So AnyWho that's where I am right now ,skipping breakfast and going to carefully calculate my lunch ,dinner ,and snacks so that I hit my calorie limit for the day hope all of you are doing well !talk to you later ?
Just curious...does increasing your veggie intake help with portion control? I like my tummy to be full too. If I increase veggies to 1/2, 2/3, or even 3/4 of my plate, my overall portions stay more reasonable (and it helps, um, keep stuff moving along ).
Old 09-15-2016, 09:54 AM   #140
Vlo1125
Major LCF Poster!

Beowulf- thank you! After reading your reply I made some blue cheese dressing and ate 2 cups of salad with my enchilada for lunch! I always get too focused on HFLC that I truly forget to load up on the veggies. I'm going to to try to eat a simple salad as a side to every meal to fill up the black hole that is my stomach! I feel nice and full, way more than If I'd just eaten the enchilada.

I just noticed that I'm wearing my pants inside out and I dropped off my daughter at school like that
Old 09-15-2016, 10:10 AM   #141
Beowulf
Senior LCF Member

Vlo - i'm glad it helped!
Old 09-15-2016, 12:32 PM   #142
taramisu
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: taramisu
Stats: 282/209/180
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: April 7, 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSure View Post
It's not exciting, it can be morale-sapping, but in the complexities of our lives, maintaining and not deteriorating is sometimes the best that we can do.
That said, I anticipate that you will both make your scale weight goals because you're able to maintain your perseverance even through these times when the weight journey feels so bleak.
Oh Slow, thank you so much. Everything you've elegantly said it is. It's very hard to see the forest but for the trees sometimes, but it's there. There are many benefits to JUDDD... physical, mental, on the scale, off the scale. I will have to save your post to reread here and there, reminding me how far I've come and how no matter how easy it may look like another person has it, we all have our own mountains to climb.

Which brings me to Carly's comment--re: the woman who commented to you that you could have had a mini muffin--I commend you for staying strong. While I'm sure that woman has good intentions, I feel like it's usually comment on what another person does or does not eat. I think it's good to have a reminder that to make JUDDD work for me, I can't try to hack the program. I have to just do the program--stick with the rules and don't try to fudge the numbers or sneak in little "too small to count" bites here and there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
But because it's not easy, but I'm so grateful to have all you wonderful JUDDD buds who are traveling this journey with me.
Likewise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Please excuse me for not replying to all the posts here, I am on a lovely break travelling around East Anglia with DH. Weather is hot (sorry Slow, I love it) countryside beautiful, doing my best to eat well.
Hope all feel healthier and happier soon.
Kissa, that sounds lovely!

Quote:
when I talk about wanting to lose weight they just assume I haven't tried yet. Like oh, just start walking, or go start such and such diet. And it's it's like...yea.....no my whole life is dieting and excercise.
Oh man, right?! My favorite (read: LEAST FAVORITE) is those dumb "here's my secret to losing weight!" articles all over the internet, full of just SHOCKING tips like "Stop drinking sugary soda!" Wow, groundbreaking. "Substitute sugary snacks with healthful snacks!" You don't say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by p0rtia View Post
It's so much fun to drop down a decade, isn't it? And ten times the fun when the decade is also a century! I can't wait. But I'm going to be patient. Slow and steady. It's not a contest, of course. :-) But we can encourage one another to make this huge step! Goooo Tara! Like that!

Thinking positively has a lot of aspects, IMO. Like remembering that we've lost 50 or 80 or 100 lb in the last 15 months or so, and remembering to be really proud of that, and HAPPY about it, and to cast off the fear that if we eat a nut bar we'll wake up in the morning and it'll all be back. Taking confidence from that pride and happiness and using that confidence to know that we can do what we set out to do. Recognizing that sometimes, for a few days or a week or two weeks or a month, the fates conspire to kill our efforts at weight management, but that DOES NOT MEAN that the bad old days are making an inevitable return.

So heck yeah, I know the "I'm not happy about what I'm eating" feeling and it's reality (I particularly struggled through the winter of 2014/15, and remember saying "I'm not committed"). Let me know if there's anything I can do! Maybe asking, what are you eating tomorrow? :-) Are you doing EOD?
Thumbs up to literally everything you just said! All so so true. Like seriously, I am going to save it and reread it later. I am ready for cheering and supporting! I really do like when people want to discuss what we're eating and when--if there's something I don't want to admit to anyone, I know that something in my plan isn't right and need to face up to it. And it's so exciting to watch everyone here fighting their way to their goals and getting there! Yes! We can do this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix17 View Post
Its not where I wanted to be but its still less than it was 6 weeks ago! As long as I still seen an overall downward trend, I just have to be OK with losing only about a pound a week. It seems to never change. Even when I have a whoosh (hacking or not) I will then stall out a bit so it always averages out to about 1 lb/week. It is what it is.
I try to think this way as well! Okay, so August to mid-September has sort of been a bust--mainly losing and regaining the same four pounds. BUT I'm still down from early August, aren't I? And this is certainly better than the weight I could easily have gained in this time, isn't it?! Anyway, sounds like you have a good plan to stay on track--you can do it!!

Man, some really awesome posts and discussion going on. Y'all are on fire. Thank you.
tara ¤

My Journal

Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times—if one only remembers to turn on the light. ~ Albus Dumbledore

Last edited by taramisu; 09-15-2016 at 12:33 PM..
taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 06:45 AM   #143
phoenix17
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: phoenix17
Stats: getting there slowly but surely
WOE: LC, MF and now JUDDD
This place really is great support. I am reading the board instead of eating. I am at the airport, having successfully made it to my gate with a bit over an hour to spare and my habit has always been to find a chair in one of the restaurants and eat and drink until it was time to go. And it is never the healthy stuff, always the fried salty foods and wine which always leaves me feeling like crap on the landing end so why do I do it? (I mean DID it (dammit). Or I would pack the carry on with something to snack on during the flight. nuts, candy, whatever. it is sort of weird sitting here now thinking about how that has always been such a habit for me. I wonder how it started?

anyhoo, it would normally be a DD for me so I am bringing only water with me and I have no time between flights to pick up anything (didn't realize I only left myself 35 minutes to connect - yikes). I meet my friends right after landing when we will go eat and drink and I can wait for that. I feel like such a grown up .

in fact I think I will pace the airport to rack up a few more steps. of course it helps that I may possibly be seeing one of the guys I used to have a humongous crush on. Sigh.
phoenix17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 09:03 AM   #144
Leanne21071
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Safe travels Phoenix!
I have spent my free time today reading about low-carb pasta. Everything is ordered and I'll be making my own miracle noodles Monday.

Old 09-16-2016, 10:53 AM   #145
Vlo1125
Major LCF Poster!

Tara- those weightloss articles are the worst!

Phoenix- I always eat too much junk at airports too! And it's so expensive, why do we do it indeed?! Good job staying clear of it and getting extra walking in! Have fun and if you see your crush give him a

Leanne- I watched a video once on how to make your own miracle noodles, it's look easy enough but still a bit of a process! Good luck!

Had a good ud yesterday and am down .6 so it's better than nothing still up 1 lb from last Friday though. Today's dd has been ok, made sure to stay out most the day but unfortunately that means shopping and spending money I shouldn't I did get a really cute pair of booties for $25 I also tried on a bunch of jeans in different brands and was pleasently surprised that I fit several size 10! I think what throws me off is those stupid junior sizes and cuts. I really do think I'm finally a 10, but a women's size 10. If I'm wearing juniors I'm still a 12/13. Anywho i came home and had a mini fashion show at home trying on different pants and tops with my news shoes and I picked out what I'll bring on my trip with me glad to know I at least am sorta making progress even though the scale isn't showing it!
Old 09-17-2016, 02:00 AM   #146
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

The weather's broken with thunderstorms and flooding since the wee smalls of Friday morning.

DH managed to lose my steam cleaner. He went to store it in the garage but it seems he didn't take the key with him, left it outside, returned to the house and then forgot he'd left it there. I was looking for it on Wednesday, couldn't find it - and after taking the house apart it seems that he'd left it outside the garage.

I won't be able to weigh-in regularly as I'm assisting my sibling for a while so this is a time for me to practise being OK without daily monitoring. Or, I'll just crack and buy some weighing scales for here and calibrate them to my ones at home.
Old 09-17-2016, 05:06 AM   #147
Leanne21071
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Slow sorry about the cleaner. I bet he feels awful about it.
I'd have to get another scale... I unfortunately know how I am if I don't weigh at least every few days.

Old 09-17-2016, 09:52 AM   #148
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leanne21071 View Post
Slow sorry about the cleaner. I bet he feels awful about it.
I'd have to get another scale... I unfortunately know how I am if I don't weigh at least every few days.
Not as bad as he should feel Can you tell that I take my steam cleaning very seriously?

On balance, I think you're right. It drove me scatty not to be able to weigh-in when I was here earlier this year and I don't need that additional stressor. I'll order one tonight!
Old 09-17-2016, 04:44 PM   #149
Barbo
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Barbo
Stats: 225/145/136
WOE: Low Carb Diabetic Plan
Start Date: August 2005
Hello Everyone

Missed all of you. Was so ill with IBS for an entire week.

Today I am trying to start over with an UP day. Hopefully it will settle
in ok. It's a very trial and error day. Still have sensitivity in tummy area.

The BRAT diet that Dr. had me on, made me carbo/crave something awful.

So frustrating about the pharmacy not getting your meds right. Oh so sorry
about that, it's the last thing you need. Glad it is all straightened out

As I said before, I missed all my JB's and our WOE. Am hoping
and praying the a regular UP day.

Kissa are you back from East England trip? Hopefully Slow will find and
use her steam cleaner. Vlo I hope you have been having better days!

Everyone, I wish you the best program days. See y'all tomorrow.

Last edited by Barbo; 09-17-2016 at 04:45 PM.. Reason: err
Barbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 06:19 AM   #150
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbo View Post
Missed all of you. Was so ill with IBS for an entire week.
... Hopefully Slow will find and
use her steam cleaner. Vlo I hope you have been having better days!
IBS is wretched so many sympathies for your flare-up. I'm so thankful that FODMAPs approach worked (and still works) for me as IBS has a wretched impact on your quality of life. I have you recover from this bout as soon as is plausible.

Sadly, I hold out little hope that someone took in the steam cleaner for safe keeping and has forgotten to tell us about it. I've ordered another one to tide me over for now but I really want another dry steam cleaner (did I mention that I'm a keen advocate of steam cleaning ?) albeit it's a very substantial purchase.

Contrariwise to the way that couriers usually behave - I was notified that I'd have a delivery on Tuesday, then last night the date was changed to Monday, and this morning it changed again to today. So, I'm waiting around to have it delivered but I really need to go out and get some items. I could really do with a time-window no matter if it's vaguely morning, afternoon, or evening.