Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 09-18-2016, 07:59 AM   #151
Partyof8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Partyof8
Stats: 348/231/170
WOE: Low Carb, Intermittent Fasting
Start Date: Began journey March '14 Break '15 restart: Jan '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by taramisu View Post
The way things are going with me right now, I doubt it'll be me, but YES. Weighed in this morning at 205.4. What?! I know for various reasons there's a lot of water weight happening right now, but that was NOT a happy number to see. I'm not out of control right now, but I don't feel super good about what I've been eating, and I've only got myself to blame. Bleh... I need to think positively.

I hate those phases. Where it seems like nothing's going right, and even when you try to be good, turns out it wasn't so good after all. I wish there was something I could say but frankly in the end, I agree! It's just HARD, this weight loss thing! Having great JUDDD buds and motivation helps... but in the end, it's just so very hard. But, day by day... hope today is better for you, Vlo!
lol - I'm with you gals. I'm faking it til I make it!!

Restart after baby: 285 on 1/18/16 - lost 54 pounds since!
117 pounds total
Today, I will just do my very best.
Partyof8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-18-2016, 01:48 PM   #152
Barbo
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Barbo
Stats: 225/145/136
WOE: Low Carb Diabetic Plan
Start Date: August 2005
Slow Thanks a Million for FODMAP info.

Checked out FODMAP. Very interesting and I so want to try it, as
BRAT is too limiting for lifetime eating. However, I did poorly on my
UP day yesterday, and am still paying for it right now.

Couldn't find the diet itself. Can you lead me to it?
Seems that you found an amount of healing with it? Need that
very badly. IBS limits one to the house. Don't feel comfortable
going out right now.

Thanks Slow,

b
Old 09-19-2016, 06:19 AM   #153
Vlo1125
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Vlo1125
Stats: 263/159.2/155
WOE: Primal w/ JUDDD
Start Date: 2013
Barb- hope you get the food intolerance under control! I've heard about Fodmaps in the paleo community a lot and it seems to really help people!

Katie- fake it till you make is exactly where I'm at! Sigh!

Slow- I was just thinking of taking a break from daily weighing since it does mess with my
Morale but idk if I could do it either!

So I'm up 3 lbs from my weekend, sigh. Had an ud Saturday and yesterday I fasted till 1:30 and then ate a salad bowl at chipotle while out with my family. I was going to go for an md but at some point the part of me that doesn't care about diet or my goals showed up and it all went out the window. Ate too much carbs and sugar, and also just ate too much. Funny enough im only up 1.6lbs , same amount I was up from my ud anywho I've made zero progress this month, actually worse the 1st I weighed 168 lbs, today I weigh 173.4 lbs so I've gained 5.4 lbs so far I thought my trip would motivate me but so far it totally hasn't . I really don't know how to get myself out of this rut, I mean im sort of maintaining ( weekend bloat aside) it hasn't gotten so bad that I feel I'm losing my grip but I also seem to only have 1 or 2 successful dds a week. I am back on my one thyroid med so I'm hoping this helps my metabolism after over 2 weeks off of it. I feel like there is so much coming up that should motivate me to try harder: my trip, my 12 year wedding anniversary ,my 35th birthday, the holidays!!! I really want to be at goal for my bday, 11/25! I'm also starting to get nervous about my trip ( 11 days away!) because I'll be gone for 3 days and I've never been away from my son , he's still nursing and this trip will likely be the end of that because I'll probably dry up not nursing for those 3 days. He's obviously old enough, but I'm worried I'll have a harder time losing weight or even start gaining once I stop! but then again maybe I won't be so darn hungry all the time either! Like I said too much going on that should make me try harder and for some reason I still can't muster up will power.

Today is a dd, and I intend to see it thru, idk what it is but morning me is full of goals and will power, afternoon me says to heck with it all!

Last edited by Vlo1125; 09-19-2016 at 06:24 AM..
Vlo1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 06:45 AM   #154
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/103/100-110
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance.
Start Date: 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbo View Post
Checked out FODMAP. Very interesting and I so want to try it...
Couldn't find the diet itself. Can you lead me to it?
Seems that you found an amount of healing with it? Need that
very badly. IBS limits one to the house.
It's not a diet as such Barbo as it depends on you being able to sleuth out the Fermentable saccharides that are causing the problems for you.

In my case, it was some of my favourite foods. Onions, garlic, tomatoes. Even the way you prepare them influences whether or not you have an issue with them. In my case, fried onions and garlic are fine but I can not tolerate them if liquid is added (e.g., as with a soup, stew, casserole etc.) because the bit that causes problem for me is soluble in liquid (like water) but not oil.

There is a book: The Complete Low-FODMAP Diet by Sue Shephard

The site:
IBS diets org
has a
FODMAP diet
section that lists the high, moderate, low FODMAP foods etc. The notion is that you avoid all of the high and moderate FODMAP foods and then challenge yourself with them to establish which ones are the problem.

Thereafter, you then test yourself with tiny amounts of the troublesome ones to try and push your ability to tolerate them. For me, this has worked well with tomatoes, honey, and other foods (if I chose to, I could probably eat most of a slice of bread without developing the usual side-effects) - but I still can't tolerate more than a tiny amount of onion or garlic that has been exposed to liquid.

FODMAPs changed my quality of life.
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 07:20 AM   #155
Carly
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/130/125 5'1" 41yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD- maintaining since 2/2013
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Good morning everyone

I am sitting at one of our facilities, where I have a meeting in 1 hour and I'm so cold I could cry!!!! I'm thinking of going downstairs and seeing if I can buy a light weight jacket or sweater somewhere nearby. It appears to be pouring rain, so, not sure I'm up for that...

I am so cold (did I say that already )

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 07:37 AM   #156
p0rtia
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: p0rtia
Stats: 5'7" 307/170/150-160
WOE: ex-Atkins; low cal/low carb + 4:3 JUDDD
Start Date: May 22, 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlo1125 View Post
Like I said too much going on that should make me try harder and for some reason I still can't muster up will power.

Today is a dd, and I intend to see it thru, idk what it is but morning me is full of goals and will power, afternoon me says to heck with it all!
Hi Vlo! Your words (which I apparently cut!) about being hungry all the time soooo resonate. For the past ten years I think I've been more afraid of that than anything (with bad results, because for me it led to eating more). I especially feel for you if JUDDD does not curb the hunger (which happily it does for me).

And I think that prepping for travel/major events is actually a huge trigger, because one is excited and running around and off-schedule in the lead up. And vis a vis another post of your earlier, or in the weigh-in thread: Staying level is winning; losing is exceptional. :-)

Anyway, wanted to say I also am full of goals and strength this AM. I'm officially declaring it the end of Corn Season, so I am going to do LC 4:3 and see if I can't zip through three or four lbs. over the next couple of weeks, and wave bye-bye to 200 on the way down. Gonna aim for 50-70 carbs per day (on UDs, anyway, less on DDs).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
Good morning everyone

I am sitting at one of our facilities, where I have a meeting in 1 hour and I'm so cold I could cry!!!! I'm thinking of going downstairs and seeing if I can buy a light weight jacket or sweater somewhere nearby. It appears to be pouring rain, so, not sure I'm up for that...

I am so cold (did I say that already )
Lousy weather today, isn't it? The cabin is clammy and it is still drizzling outside. Maybe you can borrow a sweater? Good luck, either way

Morning all!
Old 09-19-2016, 07:58 AM   #157
Carly

Well, it is in fact pouring, here in the Bronx, anyway, but I dashed over to TJ Maxx and I'm now the proud owner of a very cute suit separate jacket (that is lined) and MUCH warmer

It's amazing how being so cold can effect my whole mood. I was really grumpy and irritated and now that I'm not frozen I'm back to my happy self

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

Old 09-19-2016, 08:33 AM   #158
Vlo1125
Major LCF Poster!

Carly- I love this cold rainy weather! At least you got a new jacket and are back to being happier!

Portia- you know I don't think I stick to Juddd long enough to see the appetite suppression.... Longest I've ever stuck to it was 2 months. I always seem to have something come up and derail me. I would say after the 3rd dd my physical hunger does subside but mentally I still want to eat all the food so much about this weightloss battle is mental and emotional, so even though I know what to do physically getting past the first 2 is hard! It's true with travel, it can go either way. Either it motivates me or it makes me think well what's the point just going to be off plan anyways soon so why not start after I get back. It's vain, but I haven't been home in 5 months so I want to go back thinner than the last time, I weigh exactly the same as I did back in May so I guess it's good I'm not heavier! Good luck going LC, I think you should have no problem losing 4 lbs!

On my third coffee. More just cause it's a lazy rainy day and not cause of hunger. Don't for see any issues with my dd today but it's always after dinner that gets me. Have 2 chicken sausages, salad, and 3 yogurts planned( yes 3!) I'll eat 1 of the yogurts for dinner and space out the other 2 for evening snacks.hoping to drop the 3 I gained over night so I can move on and see new numbers this week.
Old 09-19-2016, 09:06 AM   #159
Leanne21071
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Leanne21071
Stats: 233/142/146-120
WOE: Weight Watchers, IF and knowledgeable
Start Date: restart Dec 8 2014 nov 2017
I love the FODMAP app. My 10 year old suffered terribly and after going on this diet then adding back foods. We've found the her triggers are onions and garlic. We used to blame cheese. She can have little as what can be found in low end pizza sauce but anything with chunks puts her in great distress.
This time is forever I say this again!!
Goal I don’t know where I’ll end up but I’m happy where I am!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-maintain.html
Leanne21071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 09:45 AM   #160
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leanne21071 View Post
I love the FODMAP app.
I was wondering about the app - the reviews seem quite variable (and I'm in the UK...). I'm very pleased it's working so well for your daughter.
Old 09-19-2016, 01:55 PM   #161
phoenix17
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: phoenix17
Stats: getting there slowly but surely
WOE: LC, MF and now JUDDD
well my efforts to behave at the conference have been useless. I'm at least trying to balance healthy choices in my foods (fill at least half of plate with salad/veggies) but there are too many unhealthy choices in there (for instance the mini cupcakes at lunch). and wine. and WAY too much caffeine. so far have not been able to increase my steps much so I am no where near my daily step goal. I'm a little nervous to see the scale when I get back but at the same time - oh well. I am not going NUTS at least.

I sent a note to the kennel for my DP and they said he has been crying overnight. Oh breaks my heart. they also said he is adjusting every day though so I guess I have to stop thinking about it. yeah right. I have no human children but with the way I react to just my little doggie, I can only imagine what kind of parent I would have been!! I do know he is well taken care of there so I am just missing him and sad that he his sad at night. sigh.

back to the sessions- it is at least very mentally stimulating too bad that doesn't burn more calories....
phoenix17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 03:18 PM   #162
Carly

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix17 View Post
I sent a note to the kennel for my DP and they said he has been crying overnight. Oh breaks my heart. they also said he is adjusting every day though so I guess I have to stop thinking about it. yeah right. I have no human children but with the way I react to just my little doggie, I can only imagine what kind of parent I would have been!! I do know he is well taken care of there so I am just missing him and sad that he his sad at night. sigh.

back to the sessions- it is at least very mentally stimulating too bad that doesn't burn more calories....
I my dear, beloved, Salty, a cream point Himalayan kitty refused to eat when I went on vacation. That was the most dog-like cat I have ever had. He followed me around the apartment. Every where I went, there he was. He even sat by my feet when I went to the bathroom

All our cats greet us at the door when we come home, we see a bunch of little paws running around under the crack of the door as we approach.

I wish mental stimulation burned more calories, because most days at work would be like running a marathon 5 days a week

Old 09-19-2016, 03:38 PM   #163
p0rtia
Major LCF Poster!

So on today's DD (going fine) I went shopping for my open-ended spell of LC JUDDD--and realized that on my UDs I'm supposed to be eating 1800-2000 calories. Hokey smokes! Somehow I was thinking about fat fasting having about a thousand calories on UDs. This is going to be verrrry innnnnteresting (and possibly grotesque, if I get into the fried cheese too seriously )

Anybody out there doing JUDDD and HFLC? I know Leanne does this and aims at under 50 carbs. I'm going to sort of see how it goes. I'm thinking of no fruit (except strawberries and raspberries) and various lower carb veggies. 60 to 70 carbs maybe? That would be 280 carb cals and the rest (1600-1700 f and p). Thoughts from the kibitzers?
Old 09-19-2016, 04:06 PM   #164
Vlo1125
Major LCF Poster!

Portia- when I'm compliant that's exactly how I do Juddd 50 grams of carbs or less. Seems like a lot of calories but it goes quick with HF ! Very little fruit other than occasional berries and sometimes some starchy root veggies and squash.

Phoenix- as long as you are enjoying yourself don't worry till you get home!

I've made it till 7 so far and still haven't blown it and I still have 1 more yogurt left that I'll have around 8:30! Crossing my fingers for a big whoosh in the morning!

Last edited by Vlo1125; 09-19-2016 at 04:09 PM..
Old 09-19-2016, 04:51 PM   #165
p0rtia
Major LCF Poster!

Vlo -- Thanks for carb count, sistah! Glad you are still on plan today. I remember the first time I went on Atkins, more than fifteen years ago. I was at the time consumed with hunger (mouth hunger). My dear friend to this day who recommended Atkins to me promised that the hunger would go away. On day 2, a Tuesday of course, I asked her, "How many days?" because I was absolutely ravenous. I struggled through Tuesday and Wednesday and Thursday dawned--and the hunger was gone. That relief carried me through for six months.

Carly -- So pleased you got a jacket. I'm not much of a fashion plate (/understatement) but even I enjoy buying clothes when i know I'm going to fit in them! Speaking of which, I have developed the barest hint of a waist recently. Visible from some angles but not others! LOL
Old 09-20-2016, 09:09 AM   #166
p0rtia
Major LCF Poster!

Vlo -- Just saw your nice weigh in so I'm guessing you had a successful DD yesterday. Regarding appetite suppression--I noticed morning appetite suppression after just a few DDs when I started JUDDD, and then after a month a noticeable reduction in overall appetite (meaning throughout the day, and feeling satisfied with way less food). Some days I'm hungrier--I eat more on those days (this being something I've learned after 45 years of off and on dieting, part of dealing day-by-day at the same time I'm thinking long-term), but only of whatever I was planning to eat anyway. Then I convince myself to wait for 30 minutes because I know the hunger will pass (after eating more than planned, I'm talking). Obviously YMMV. Bottom line, hunger just sucks.

I'm likely to be pretty chatty this week, as I re-explore the fun of LC and focus on the Assault on Onederland 2016v. I've mapped out my menu for the day (so annoyed because I forgot to buy turkey pepperoni for my Fat Head Pizza). I see I'm going to go into LC cracker production.... So far I've mapped out about 1300 Kcals, which includes about 45 carbs. Gonna add some poultry to that (Thai curry!).

Measured my waist today: 42". My waist has never been less than 32" as an adult (even at 155 lb. Found a site that mentioned that on average, a person loses 1" off their waist with every 4 lb down. That almost exactly matches my life experience. 205 – 155 = 50lb = 10 inches. Thought that was interesting.

Did I mention that I booked a flight to Florida for the 27th? Gonna spend a week in the heat and humidity, do some semi-annual garden maintenance, and see if renting my home out via airbnb has done any damage. Back up north on Oct. 4. I'm super excited. Have checked to make sure that Winn Dixie carried Acrtic Zero.

Thinking of all of you today as you travel along your chosen paths.
Old 09-20-2016, 10:58 AM   #167
Vlo1125
Major LCF Poster!

Portia- why thank you yes my dd was sucuessful! Dropped just shy of 3 lbs so I'm happy good point,On waiting 30 minutes after eating , I need to do that more often, I just keep eating until my brain catches up with my stomach and says whoa! That was more than enough 1000 calories ago!!! meal planning, pacing myself and constant vigilance is what helps me, some days I'm happy to do it, others I'm angry at the world that I have to but as long as the good days out weigh the bad I hope to be able to make progress.

I lol-ed your LC cracker production I've been meaning to make some too, what recipe are you going to use? Still have yet to make fat head pizza! Some day! So cool you rent out your place with Airbnb , who manages your property for you? Wouldnt they know its condition?

My ud is going as planned so far, again pacing myself and planning my meals really helps. I made this amazing chicken in a chorizo cream sauce this weekend and still have left overs, so I shredded the chicken in the sauce and served it over zuchinni noodles, it was like a chicken Alfredo Mexican style lol! So good but so high in fat that it uses a lot of calories :/ dinner will be a cheeseburger salad and I still have several snacks planned so hoping I can come out of my ud with a minimal uptick. Would love to see the 160's again after my next dd!

Last edited by Vlo1125; 09-20-2016 at 11:00 AM..
Old 09-20-2016, 12:49 PM   #168
Barbo
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Barbo
Stats: 225/145/136
WOE: Low Carb Diabetic Plan
Start Date: August 2005
Hi Everyone

Thanks all for the good advice re: Fodmap.
Went to Amazon and purchased the book, can't wait for it
to come. I am sorting out my foods and listing what I can and
cannot eat. I'm also weighing daily at home to see if I can get through
the daily 'shock' of doing so.

Ripe banana is friend, but 'almost ripe' is NOT.
So it's risky business but must be done to live comfortably.
Thanks for your inputs, so glad your daughter has found her good foods.

Slow, you have helped and I am grateful. Small portions more often
seems best. Thanks all for sharing, I have been barely aware of this
condition until now.

Tonight I am trying chicken tenders and Portabella mushrooms,
Want to keep things lower carb. today.

Slow, steamer back? Vlo and Phoenix, keep on working on.
We are all in this together.

Last edited by Barbo; 09-20-2016 at 12:50 PM.. Reason: err
Barbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 03:03 PM   #169
p0rtia
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I lol-ed your LC cracker production I've been meaning to make some too, what recipe are you going to use? Still have yet to make fat head pizza! Some day! So cool you rent out your place with Airbnb , who manages your property for you? Wouldnt they know its condition?
I started making egg-white crackers when I was doing my short-term VLC weeks. Because of the low cal/low carb. But this time I went back to my old standby, flaxmeal. Used just under a half cup flaxmeal, couple TBL almond flour, three TBL egg beaters, salt, and threw in some taco powder before I realized it was 100 percent carbs. Man, they were good, but next time I'll use parm. Makes about 24 (I do them in a muffin tin, smashed down thin).

About my place in Florida, I have a great neighbor whom I've hired to be my caretaker and to handle the rental work (she cleans and also supervises). She is great, and I am lucky! And yes, she advises me of problems, but two sets of eyes are always better than one. I tend to see the big picture stuff. Plus I have to prune my seagrape hedge! LOL

Quote:
My ud is going as planned so far, again pacing myself and planning my meals really helps. I made this amazing chicken in a chorizo cream sauce this weekend and still have left overs, so I shredded the chicken in the sauce and served it over zuchinni noodles, it was like a chicken Alfredo Mexican style lol! So good but so high in fat that it uses a lot of calories :/ dinner will be a cheeseburger salad and I still have several snacks planned so hoping I can come out of my ud with a minimal uptick. Would love to see the 160's again after my next dd!
Sounds terrific! My UD has been a lot of fun; it's six o'clock and I'm quite full--and I haven't even started the Fat Head Pizza. Carbs are pretty low, too--I may come in at around 50, especially if I bail on the FHP and go for the Thai chicken curry. Decisions! LOL

Do you make or buy your zuchinni noodles? Think I want to be creative for my DD tomorrow!
Old 09-20-2016, 04:52 PM   #170
leonak
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: leonak
Stats: Goal Met July, 2015 - 112!!!!
WOE: JUDDD
a person loses 1" off their waist with every 4 lb down

This is true for me, now to find more info - off to Google!
Old 09-21-2016, 01:37 AM   #171
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbo View Post
Slow, you have helped and I am grateful. Small portions more often
seems best....
Slow, steamer back?
I've occasionally wondered if the much smaller portions have also been part of the solution to the IBS. I'm going to cross my fingers for you Barbo because I know how wretched and debilitating IBS can be.

It looks like my steam cleaner is gone for good. I have a refurbished one coming today to tide me over until we decide on the substantial purchase of another dry steam cleaner. I like steam cleaning in general but prefer 'dry' steam cleaning for the efficiency and lack of drips and water stains. Plus, it makes it easier to use dry steam on food surfaces, cooking surfaces, fridges/freezers etc.
Old 09-21-2016, 03:19 AM   #172
p0rtia
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonak View Post
a person loses 1" off their waist with every 4 lb down

This is true for me, now to find more info - off to Google!
Actually that was a typo on my part. It's every 5 lb. Ooops.
Old 09-21-2016, 04:53 AM   #173
leonak
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: leonak
Stats: Goal Met July, 2015 - 112!!!!
WOE: JUDDD
Anyone interested in a Fall Challenge - it starts in Sept. 22 on my calendar!

Autumn is a beautiful time of year, fall colors and all.

I have gained over the summer and many of my jeans and dress pants are WAY too tight
Old 09-21-2016, 06:39 AM   #174
Vlo1125
Major LCF Poster!

Leona- what does the challenge entail?

Portia- I have one of those spiralizer so I make my own zuchinni noodles( I think all paleo people own this gadget lol!) I also like to make cucumber noodles! I pinned a recipe that uses flaax seed and Parmesan to make crackers , need to make soon but I worry I'll eat the whole batch! Does renting your place out bring in a decent income or does it just pay for the property? Either way so cool!

Barb-

Im up 1 lb from my ud so I'm happy about that, as long as I nail my dd today I think I should maybe see the 160's tomorrow, hoping this will motivate me to do really well this weekend! I bought pumpkin spice kcups at trader joes yesterday and they are pretty good if you are craving that fall flavor but not wanting the carbs from the Starbucks or Dunkin donuts versions. Today for my dd I will be having my Italian chicken sausage over zuchinni noodles with marinara and sprinkle of parm. Looking forward to it! And that only clocks in at 202 calories so I have enough calories to have 3 yogurts today yesterday my cheeseburger salad was not only huge and filling but absolutely delicious! Kinda tasted like a Big Mac in salad form. it's ground beef, romaine lettuce, sliced onion, shredded cheddar , diced tomatoes, then dressing is made from mayo, yogurt, ketchup, mustard, vinegar, pickles,onion powder, garlic powder, and a spinkle of stevia. It's the bomb dot com!
Old 09-21-2016, 09:39 AM   #175
phoenix17
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: phoenix17
Stats: getting there slowly but surely
WOE: LC, MF and now JUDDD
Howdy all,
Leona I'd be interested in a challenge also- I find it helps to keep me on track. Now that this conference is at an end I don't have another concrete goal other than "10 more pounds before on-line dating!"

Of course there was no scale at the hotel but I know I gained- I can see it. Hoping its mostly water weight but being in an all day conference followed by cocktail hours and dinners it has been mostly sitting or standing. I will say that the food has been wonderful and at least was mostly healthy, full of vegetables with mostly chicken and fish. of course I didn't need to eat the desserts, but I did. At the airport now and happy to be heading home but the conference really was a good one, I just always feel so unhealthy by the time they are over. I'm slightly annoyed as I sit here and hear them boarding other (earlier) flights to my destination. sometimes being part of those reward programs isn't the best choice. sigh. maybe I can transfer...

I have a spiralizer also but before I had that I just used a regular peeler or a mandoline to make nice slices until I hit the seed core. It worked just as well if you ask me, just a bit more labor intensive.

Ok time to walk a bit more, should be boarding soon.
phoenix17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 10:09 AM   #176
Vlo1125
Major LCF Poster!

Phoenix- sounds like a wonderful time! Sorry your stuck sitting at the airport, it's the worst especially with little kids in my case! So glad I get to go solo this time! Ugh that's the worst when you can see weight gain, it's crazy I can totally see my weight gain from my PR trip,from when the trip started to when it ended in pictures! Big difference ,but then again I did gain 17 lbs I could see my face bloated a lot! But I kind don't like how slim my face gets when I drop below 165, wish we could pick where it comes off from! As long as you enjoyed your time I think it's worth it! I'm sure you can't wait to pick up DP!

I've made it to 1pm, having some ginger turmeric tea, and reminding myself how much I want this! Feeling hungry but I think that's cause I spent an hour on Pinterest looking up recipes to use a whole bag of apples my DD didn't eat and are over ripe :/ think im going to make paleo Apple breakfast muffins but it was not a good idea looking up all those yummy recipes on a dd! Looks like the muffins will come in at 10 carbs so def for ud's only but I'll freeze them and use when I'm craving something sweet.
Old 09-21-2016, 10:44 AM   #177
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Feeling hungry but I think that's cause I spent an hour on Pinterest looking up recipes to use a whole bag of apples my DD didn't eat and are over ripe :/
If they're not too far gone, could you use them to make
blog: thecoconutmama
perhaps? Any whey will do for this and it would be good with some added raisins or such.
Old 09-21-2016, 11:01 AM   #178
p0rtia
Major LCF Poster!

Vlo: Yeah, my sister has a spiralizer and adores it. Some day.... Re: my property, it pays the taxes and the electric/water and the gardening bill, and leaves me a little bit over to play with. So far. Hope it does better in the future, but in the end, it's an older home and I'm renting off-season, so I'm never gonna get the big bucks.
Old 09-21-2016, 11:21 AM   #179
Carly

Quote:
Originally Posted by p0rtia View Post
Carly -- So pleased you got a jacket. I'm not much of a fashion plate (/understatement) but even I enjoy buying clothes when i know I'm going to fit in them!
The jacket is pretty cute, but I was so cold I would have settled if I had, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by p0rtia View Post
Did I mention that I booked a flight to Florida for the 27th? Gonna spend a week in the heat and humidity, do some semi-annual garden maintenance, and see if renting my home out via airbnb has done any damage. Back up north on Oct. 4. I'm super excited. Have checked to make sure that Winn Dixie carried Acrtic Zero.
DW and I will be in Lakewood Ranch from 10/4- 10/7. I'm excited. I can't wait to get to Siesta Key. I love that place!!!! I also like Lido Beach. Were in FL is your home?

Quote:
I made this amazing chicken in a chorizo cream sauce this weekend and still have left overs, so I shredded the chicken in the sauce and served it over zuchinni noodles, it was like a chicken Alfredo Mexican style lol!
I'd love the recipe...

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonak View Post
Anyone interested in a Fall Challenge - it starts in Sept. 22 on my calendar!
I might be game- depends what is involved.

Quote:
Kinda tasted like a Big Mac in salad form. it's ground beef, romaine lettuce, sliced onion, shredded cheddar , diced tomatoes, then dressing is made from mayo, yogurt, ketchup, mustard, vinegar, pickles,onion powder, garlic powder, and a spinkle of stevia. It's the bomb dot com!
That dressing sounds good. I'n not ordinarily a ketchup fan, but might give it a try.

Work has been busy!!! With that- I'm off to a webinar.

Old 09-21-2016, 12:31 PM   #180
p0rtia
Major LCF Poster!

Carly: My place is not far from SK at all -- about 30 miles as the crow flies, but almost 80 miles and two hours by car. I'm on Pine Island, which is about half an hour south of Punta Gorda.