Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 09-21-2016, 12:45 PM   #181
Vlo1125
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Vlo1125
Stats: 263/159.2/155
WOE: Primal w/ JUDDD
Start Date: 2013
Carly- the recipe is at my kitchen escapades dot com, only changes I made was to half the recipe and also used nonfat Greek instead of sour cream. Another change I would do next time though is to either cut the chicken breast up or use tenders for smaller pieces.

Chorizo Chicken Bake
recipe by Carole Jones

6-8 boneless skinless chicken breasts (6 if large, 8 if small)
10 ounce package pork chorizo
4 ounces light cream cheese or Mexican crema
1/2 C light sour cream
10 ounce can chopped tomatoes with green chiles, drained
1/4 C freshly grated parmesan cheese

1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 9◊13 glass pan with nonstick spray. Lay down the chicken evenly in the pan.
2. In a large skillet, brown the chorizo over medium high heat for about 7-8 minutes. Add the drained tomatoes, cream cheese and sour cream and mix until it is all blended. Spread the mixture over the chicken breasts, sprinkle on the parmesan cheese and bake, uncovered for about 45 minutes depending on the size of your chicken breasts. There will be enough pan juices to serve over some rice if desired. Or slice the chicken and serve it inside a tortilla topped with your favorite toppings.

The dressing tastes like Big Mac sauce or thousand island sorta! Here's what I did for 1 serving:
1 tbsp mayo
2 tbsp non fat Greek
1 tsp rice wine vinegar
1-2 tsp ketchup ( or until it turns the dressing peach colored)
1 squirt of mustard
2 thin slices of pickles ( like the long kind sliced for sandwiches)
Dash of onion powder , garlic powder, salt, pepper , stevia

Mix it up and add salad, burger crumbles, cheese, tomato, onions. Yummy!
Vlo1125 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-21-2016, 12:52 PM   #182
Vlo1125
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by p0rtia View Post
Vlo: Yeah, my sister has a spiralizer and adores it. Some day.... Re: my property, it pays the taxes and the electric/water and the gardening bill, and leaves me a little bit over to play with. So far. Hope it does better in the future, but in the end, it's an older home and I'm renting off-season, so I'm never gonna get the big bucks.
So cool! I just recently used Airbnb in PR and it was a good experience!
Old 09-21-2016, 12:53 PM   #183
Vlo1125
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSure View Post
If they're not too far gone, could you use them to make
blog: thecoconutmama
perhaps? Any whey will do for this and it would be good with some added raisins or such.
Thanks slow! I wonder if freezing it would kill the bacteria?
Old 09-21-2016, 01:12 PM   #184
leonak
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: leonak
Stats: Goal Met July, 2015 - 112!!!!
WOE: JUDDD
The Fall Challenge - can be anything you want it to be, you get to pick!

See you all come Fall ( Sept. 22 )
Old 09-21-2016, 01:26 PM   #185
Vlo1125
Major LCF Poster!

Leona- well my fall challenge is to lose 15 lbs by my 35th birthday ( 2 months away)!

Ugh, well I messed up! I started cooking my dinner and I went to grab my chicken sausage and I'm out!!! I ate the last 2 on my last dd and complete forgot to buy more! so I was already cooking the zoodles and I just grabbed what I had in the fridge which was the chicken chorizo , I cut it in half since so calorie dense. So if I eat my night time yogurt I'll be at 605 calories if I don't I'll be at 525. Still a dd but not under 500 unfortunately! But I'm not going to let it turn into more it is what it is!

Last edited by Vlo1125; 09-21-2016 at 01:31 PM..
Old 09-21-2016, 04:07 PM   #186
Carly
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/130/125 5'1" 41yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD- maintaining since 2/2013
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Vlo- both recipes sound good! Don't sweat being a few calories over.

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 05:25 PM   #187
Barbo
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Barbo
Stats: 225/145/136
WOE: Low Carb Diabetic Plan
Start Date: August 2005
That's what I say. Don't sweat the little stuff. You did really good Vlo!
The recipe sounds as though it would be delicioso. Thanks.
Old 09-21-2016, 05:38 PM   #188
Barbo
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Forgot to tell you all that my book Low-Fodmap Diet book by
Sue Shepherd, PHD, and Peter Gibson, MD has arrived today.
Will start reading it this evening. Lots of recipes.
I got a tummy ache today from a banana durn it.
Otherwise I'm doing much better.
Old 09-21-2016, 06:41 PM   #189
p0rtia
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: p0rtia
Stats: 5'7" 307/170/150-160
WOE: ex-Atkins; low cal/low carb + 4:3 JUDDD
Start Date: May 22, 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbo View Post
That's what I say. Don't sweat the little stuff. You did really good Vlo!

Did you gorf down 3000 cals, Vlo? No? Then it's a win!
Old 09-22-2016, 01:06 AM   #190
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/103/100-110
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance.
Start Date: 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlo1125 View Post
Thanks slow! I wonder if freezing it would kill the bacteria?
Doesn't kill all of them (that's why sourdough starters etc. recover from being frozen). Plus, I haven't looked into the thinking but there's still supposed to be some micro biome value from the dead bacteria, IYSWIM.
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 03:45 AM   #191
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

Leona - I'm going to do some thinking about the Fall Challenge. I'm fairly unsettled by needing to stay with my sibling from time to time but I can't allow that to disrupt my routines so much.
Old 09-22-2016, 04:32 AM   #192
Vlo1125
Major LCF Poster!

Carly, barb, Portia- well you were all right , cause I'm down 2 lbs today woot woot!

Slow- hmmm interesting! I've really let go of eating fermented foods and need to start back up, I used to lacto-ferment my mayo, ketchup, salsa, mustard pretty much everything! I also used to make my own kraut, pickles, and kimchi! But living in someone else home has kind of made me uncomfortable to do my own thing in the kitchen( I think my MIL would faint if I left food in jars all over her kitchen, neat freak!)

So dd was a sucuess despite being slightly over! I knew I'd still lose I just wasn't quite sure I'd see the 160's by today like I wanted. But no worries since the scale read 169.6 lbs this morning I know I'll be back in the 170's tomorrow but for today it was nice to wake up to! Sigh, got to rush to get my DD ready for school ttyl!
Old 09-22-2016, 04:56 AM   #193
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlo1125 View Post
But living in someone else home has kind of made me uncomfortable to do my own thing in the kitchen( I think my MIL would faint if I left food in jars all over her kitchen, neat freak!)!
I get that as it can be messy - particularly when you need to stand the just-started jars in a bowl in case they overflow!

Is it possible to put any ferments in a box in your own space? A clear box so that you can remember to burp items? Tho' I can quite understand you wouldn't want to do kimchi or krauts like that unless you were using pickle pipes (?) with carbon filters to remove the odour.
Old 09-22-2016, 05:53 AM   #194
p0rtia
Major LCF Poster!

Day four of p0rtia on LC 4:3 (because it rhymes!). Was surprisingly hungry on yesterday's DD, presumably because I waited too long during Tuesday's UD to start eating and couldn't get anywhere near my 1900 Kcal target. Started thinking about Thursday breakfast about 2 PM Wednesday. Carb count only 50 on the UD, so that's good. Didn't even count on the DD, but I know it was VLC.

Got a nice reward this AM: 202 on the scale. Look out world, here I come!

So yeah, the breakfast was awesome (my favorite omelet--tom, pep, onion, ch with Walden Farm's spicy BBQ sauce). Now I'm having dessert: fried Jarlsberg. Gotta try baking it if I'm gonna get into it seriously. My goal is to Somehow Manage to eat 1900 Kcals today. And start my step aerobics cardio campaign.

Next week: Florida. Florida = TENNIS!!!!!
Old 09-22-2016, 07:20 AM   #195
Vlo1125
Major LCF Poster!

Slow- ha exactly! I remember how messy it can get! My kimchi exploded once! I could probably hide some away in this pantry area we have..... Going to go to a a local farmer market today, if I see some cabbage or cucumber I might just have to make some!

Portia- woo hoo, Onderland here you come! I have to somehow manage to ONLY eat 1900 today how do you fry Jarlsberg? I just recently discovered Queso De Frier , it's a very rubbery Spanish cheese but you fry it in butter and it's gets nice and golden crispy on the outside and melty on the inside! I'm in love with it and it's perfect for LC since no breading required. I've never had holumi cheese (sp?) but Ive seen people say it's similar.

My ud is going be very similar to my last one, chicken chorizo with zoodles and cheeseburger salad, I do have a few yogurts planned and it seems as though I have 400 extra calories to play with since the chicken chorizo is only a half serving I'll probably have a sandwich or something with it. Yay for UD's!
Old 09-22-2016, 07:43 AM   #196
p0rtia
Major LCF Poster!

Vlo- So happy to see you in the 160s today. Your job, should you accept it, is to remember that you have succeeded in touching 169 all summer, and how you are going to drop to a new low for 2016. Don't think about bouncing up and down (even if you do). As you know, according to p0rtia math, 169 is your current recent low, and nothing above that counts. Eyes on the prize. You have done an amazing thing, defying the odd. Think where you will be in two weeks if you stay on course. Bounces do NOT mean you are not on course. Every Freaking Pound knocked off the Recent Low is a victory! You rock!

So. Frying Swiss or Jarlsberg cheese. In a frying pan sprayed with Pam at lowest possible heat. Slice cheese thin but not paper thin. 1/8 inch is probably a little too thick. Depending on what happens in the pan (because it depends on the individual cheese), you may or may not be able to flip the cheese over when in brown on the bottom side. Sometimes the cheese completely melts and gets lacy around the edges and looks like a disaster, BUT, it is fine (and soooo yummy when it gets crispy). DO NOT try to flip it if you get the lace effect. Even if gets a little brown, it's okay. Wait till it firms up again, then remove from pan when dark yellow or slightly brown (using a very firm spatula, because you may have to scrape). Don't bother to use more Pam (plenty of oil from the cheese). Do not try to remove when in goo stage. Place on paper towel to soak up grease. Let cool and enjoy. Maybe it's just me, but I love it (don't blame me if you hate it or end up with a black frying pan!). High in Kcals, obviously.

Gonna go for a walk. Last week I could smell 199. This week I can touch it with my fingertips. Seriously fun. Particularly with Fat Head Pizza on the menu. In case I haven't mentioned it lately, I have never eaten so many things that I love in my life.
Old 09-22-2016, 11:36 AM   #197
Vlo1125
Major LCF Poster!

Portia- I love Portia math! Very positive way of looking at it! I really do need to calm down about the bounces! It's just sometimes when I bounce I BOuNCE! But you are right I've dipped into the 160's all summer and aside from some vacations have at least maintained with in 10 lbs, that is quite a feat for someone who battles with overeating and being formerly obese. Your fried cheese sounds like a frico! I was inspired so I made parmesan Fricos in the oven, crunchy and salty, hits the spot! I also had some beets and used the mandolin to make thin slices and put them in the dehydrator. Beet chips! My apple breakfast bake was pretty good , a little eggy but it really has a nice fall apple spice flavor. Going to freeze the rest and when im lazy I can nuke one in the microwave! You'll probably hit Onderland after your next dd, how exciting!
Old 09-22-2016, 01:24 PM   #198
p0rtia
Major LCF Poster!

Vlo -- I could google, but it's more fun to ask. What is a Frico??? Regarding bounces, I think it's important to wrap our heads around the fact that bouncing up on a trip is what Normal People Do. It is inevitable. Normal People (a term I'm not wedded to, but use just for the discussion) then restrict their food intake to compensate, after which they go back to maintaining a more or less steady weight that is shaped like a sine wave. So far this summer, you are Totally Normal! What we do in addition to those two things is also lose serious weight, which is often difficult. Normal People don't have lose weight, let alone serious weight, for sustained periods of time. Losing serious weight, as you and I have both done, is a Badge of Honor that defines us and makes us wise (though sometimes the wisdom we gain is painful). Keeping serious weight off, like Leanne and Carly and Leo and so many others, defines who we can become. It gives us strength and even greater wisdom.

I have just scarfed down 700 calories of Fat Head Pizza. O. M. G. Even though I'm three hours late having lunch (got involved in a great cardio walk/jog/power walk session), I will have no problem getting to 1900 Kcals today.
Old 09-22-2016, 01:46 PM   #199
Barbo
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You gals did so good! Congrats! Slow, the steamer make it's way back home?

Speaking of 'bounce', this is my first week of weighing daily and it's horrifying.
At the end of a week, I shall 'publish'....hopefully my heart will stop jumping
every morning. lol. Carly said she is over it!
Old 09-22-2016, 01:50 PM   #200
Barbo
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh wait!

I forgot, my zoodler came in from Amazon yesterday. It was like Christmas
as my Fodmap book arrived also. Now I'm waiting for Honeyville almond
flour and my Netrition order to arrive. My zoodler is a Spirilizer
and it was thirty bucks, free shipping from Amazon. The first thing we
did was make zuchinni zoodles. I am making the marinara sauce today
from the last batch of our tomatoes. Our green bean plants gave their
all and the last Kentucky Wonder plant is off the trellis. Our plants were
good to us this year. We shall miss them.
Old 09-22-2016, 02:14 PM   #201
p0rtia
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Speaking of 'bounce', this is my first week of weighing daily and it's horrifying.
At the end of a week, I shall 'publish'....hopefully my heart will stop jumping
every morning. lol. Carly said she is over it!
Hi Barbo! I don't think we've officially "met" but now we have. Hope you are feeling better (many friends with similar complaints so I know how Not Fun it is).

I always think of getting on a scale for the first time in a while as Coming in From the Cold (as in the Spy Who Came in From the Cold). Most of my life I've only been on scales at doctors' offices (oh, the shock). I rarely weigh more than once a week, but I know a lot of people find daily weigh-in helpful. I'll wait until I'm in my goal range for that. But yeah, it's like, am I going pass out or not?

Old 09-22-2016, 04:05 PM   #202
Leanne21071
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Leanne21071
Stats: 233/142/146-120
WOE: Weight Watchers, IF and knowledgeable
Start Date: restart Dec 8 2014 nov 2017
Vlo Happy dancing for you. I'm in total agreement with Portia math. Any higher weights are just bounces! I should get back into fermentation as well. I love pickled cauliflower.

Barbo I so love new gadgets. I couldn't part with my electric pressure cooker, or my rice maker. I do not eat much rice but my family does and I just can't cook it. I have made other things in it as well. Random thought. ( Choyte squash is also great in the spiralizer.) I hope the FODMAP works for you!

Portia I want some fried cheese maybe tomorrow. It's still quite hot here but we've been having some spectacular Sun rises. The cloud formations have been very lovely lately. I haven't ever played tennis but looks like fun.

My boss pays me an extra 100 each week in cash which is great but she only had 60 the other day( which was fine) Today she gave me the other 40 and I lost it. It must have fallen out of my pocket somewhere between here home and dollar tree. I couldn't find it while I was at the store and went through all of my stuff when I got home( I bring a purse and a art bag for the child and myself)
I was very grumpy and almost sick about it. It might not be a lot but it is a few hours worth of work which my hours are limited. So it's a lot.
I have let it go. I just hope the person who finds it needs it or at least uses it for a good reason.

Shortly after we found out a friend was mugged in DC and spent last night in the hospital. He lost his wallet and phone. I'm just greatful he will recover. It goes to show it can always be worse.

My scale was good to me this morning and I've been good today but when I realized the money disappeared I did take a few extra bites of whatever while cooking dinner the family. The 120s are getting close I hope to be dipping soon.
This time is forever I say this again!!
Goal I donít know where Iíll end up but Iím happy where I am!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-maintain.html
Leanne21071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 06:48 PM   #203
Carly
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/130/125 5'1" 41yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD- maintaining since 2/2013
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Work has been totally crazy and at 3:30pm I got a call from DWs job that they were transporting her to the hospital and get here as soon as possible.

I had a very stressful trip up to the hospital and at 9:50pm no answers. Waiting for an abdominal cat scan with contrast.

I'm so tired I could cry, but can't focus on it. I told my boss and the executive assistant that I doubt I'll be in tomorrow and asked that the EA cancel my meeting.

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 06:52 PM   #204
p0rtia
Major LCF Poster!

Carly: All the best for DW and for you, my friend. Please keep us posted when you can. You're family.
Old 09-23-2016, 02:24 AM   #205
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
I had a very stressful trip up to the hospital and at 9:50pm no answers. Waiting for an abdominal cat scan with contrast..
Carly, I'm so sorry to read this. Very best wishes and warm thoughts to you and DW.
Old 09-23-2016, 02:32 AM   #206
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Slow, the steamer make it's way back home?
Barbo, tbh, I might leave this steamer here as something to help when I stay at my sibling's (I'm so used to using steam rather than any other method).

I really want a dry steam cleaner like my previous model (but upgraded and updated IYSWIM). They can be so much more powerful and you don't have to cope with wiping up the drips/runs or polishing out the smears with an eco-cloth plus they make cleaning fridges/freezers a comparative breeze.

Your garden sounds like it's been very generous.
Old 09-23-2016, 03:45 AM   #207
Leanne21071
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Leanne21071
Stats: 233/142/146-120
WOE: Weight Watchers, IF and knowledgeable
Start Date: restart Dec 8 2014 nov 2017
Carly cyber hugs and prayers.
This time is forever I say this again!!
Goal I donít know where Iíll end up but Iím happy where I am!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-maintain.html
Leanne21071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 03:52 AM   #208
Vlo1125
Major LCF Poster!

Carly- omg I hope DW is ok! How scary, i hope you have some answers by now, and nothing is too serious. Hugs for both of you!

Portia- you are definelty wise! It's so great posting here and having others perspectives on weight-loss. It's refreshing and it can change your mind on how to look at the whole picture! A frico is basically a cheese cracker, you put Parmesan on a baking sheet sheet in little mounds and bake it at 400 for like 5 minutes. It melts and gets crispy, you let it cool and it hardens a bit and wala , home made cheese it's

Barb- woo hoo for Amazon! I love order new things to try, I've wanted to order honeyville blanched almond flour for years since that's seems to be the brand all the food bloggers suggest but price has always kept me from it! Let me know how you like it!

Leanne- I would totally be upset to lose that much money too! That stinks but like you said hopefully whoever found it really needs it! and that's crazy about your friend! Hope he's ok! I too love kitchen gadgets , it's a problem! I just used my dehydrator yesterday for the 4th time in 3 years of owning it lol! I have 3 crockpots ( 1 has the 3 smaller crocks on it like for parties) , ice cream machine, sorbet Machine, spiralizer, immersion blender etc lol! And for over a year I've been eyeing the electric pressure cooker that's always on the tv infomercials I get sucked in every time it's on tv and I want it!

I bounced back up 2 lb after my ud , kinda disappointed but it's just a bounce ( deep breath in and out lol). I think of an ud as sucuessful when the bounce is under 1 lb because then the follow dd loss will yeild better results. But who knows its not always cut and dry and linear so I need to stop trying to look ahead like that and just focus on each day. I know carbs were at 70 grams yesterday cause of the apples. Definelty need to stay closer to 50 grams. So anywho i bought my chicken sausage so I'm set for today, going to make spaghetti squash with sausage and Marinara for my dd dinner. I feel like today might be harder because I woke up at 4:45 am and couldn't go back to sleep, I've already had 2 coffees when I normally would still be sleeping right now. I feel like I'm in for a long day!
Old 09-23-2016, 04:09 AM   #209
olehcat
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: olehcat
Stats: 185.8/177/110-120
WOE: my plan
Start Date: August 18, 2016
Oh, Carly! *hugs and prayers your way*
Old 09-23-2016, 04:45 AM   #210
Vlo1125
Major LCF Poster!

http://www.womenshealthmag.com/weigh...lose-20-pounds

Omg the 7th woman down on this is my old co-worker! So cool! She went from 283 to 148 !

Last edited by Vlo1125; 09-23-2016 at 04:47 AM..