Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 09-23-2016, 05:55 AM   #211
Leanne21071
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Leanne21071
Stats: 233/152/125-130
WOE: Weight Watchers, IF and knowledgeable
Start Date: restart Dec 8 2014 nov 2017
Vlo I do not have a sorbet machine.... My ninja we use a few times a day to make snow for snow cones or smoothies or blending flour.. I didn't get the insta pot I have a Fagor. It has a rice and browning as well high and low pressure and slow cooker buttons. I like my cheap rice maker better for rice. I have only used it once for rice when I needed a ton. I have a yogurt maker that makes individual servings. I also have a gummy bear maker....Lol I need to have a yard sale. The only thing we use in the gummy bear maker is the molds we had fun useing the whole thing a few times but now it quicker with the molds. Too much stuff!

I really need to declutter...
This time is forever Thanks to JUDDD!!!!(and Fung)and low carb friends!
1st mini goal 134.9 Done!
2nd major goal 124.9. 10/25
3rd ultimate and final goal 120ish 11/18
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-maintain.html
Leanne21071 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-23-2016, 05:55 AM   #212
Beowulf
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Beowulf
Stats: 148/142/130# 5'6" 60yrs
WOE: LC+IF
Start Date: Jan 2018 Stillman’s plus IF
Carly, I'm very sorry to hear about your DW. I hope she recovers quickly.
Beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 06:31 AM   #213
leonak
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: leonak
Stats: Goal Met July, 2015 - 112!!!!
WOE: JUDDD
Carly -

Hope all goes well for you both!
Old 09-23-2016, 06:54 AM   #214
phoenix17
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: phoenix17
Stats: getting there slowly but surely
WOE: LC, MF and now JUDDD
Ugh Carly- was hoping to see an update. I hope all is well.

Vlo, Leanne and all, I join the ranks of having too many kitchen gadgets!! but I love them. I actually use my food processor and mixer the least but love the spiralizer and immersion blender (which I use all the time). I just bought the insta pot and have used it a few times already- its especially awesome for the summer when you have those dishes like short ribs that need long simmering or roasting times so you don't have to let all that heat in to the house. I haven't tried it for rice yet. cooked my potatoes in less than 10 minutes! Love it!

I weighed after my conference and had gained 4 lbs. Yesterday I tried for a DD but it turned in to a MD and today was down 0.8. better than nothing I guess and I didn't do a proper DD so I'll take it. The 4 lbs up could have been worse so I won't complain too much. so now I'm back to trying my 4:3 but won't be able to really start until Monday. Today I will try to fast til dinner but a dear friend is having a bunch of us over and making pizza so I'll try to behave but she is making home made chicago style and I won't NOT eat it!!

Portia I'm rootin' for you with Onederland so close! Love your posts, they are inspiring. Barbo, hope the FODMAP works for you. I am sure I am missing responses there but I just realized I have a meeting starting in 5 minutes. oops
phoenix17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 07:08 AM   #215
p0rtia
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: p0rtia
Stats: 5'7" 307/170/150-160
WOE: ex-Atkins; low cal/low carb + 4:3 JUDDD
Start Date: May 22, 2015
Y'all may recall that in Aug I started blogging on facebook to chronicle my ongoing weight loss. I see it as a way to share information with not only other people losing weight but also the thin folks who have no clue. Also as a way to celebrate the good times with the many dear friends who have watched my turmoil over the years. I'm 10 lb down from when I started blogging; my plan is to post a piccy every 10 lb. I like this one, so I thought I'd share (hoping this works!).

Old 09-23-2016, 07:33 AM   #216
deanslist
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: deanslist
Stats: 5'3.5" 185/126.4/120-123
WOE: Protein Power, mod fat and low carb
Start Date: 1999 (Atkins) Lost most of my weight
HI everyone! Portia, I like the pic! I also like "thin people who have no clue" LOL!! 4 lbs for your conference is not bad at all. I am always afraid to weigh after being gone and doing my own thing for a bit... not too much damage at all. I'm sure you'll be back down in no time!

Carly I am thinking of you as well and hoping for a good report.

Vlo, phoenix, Barbo, tara, Beo, Katie, Leona, Leanne, any JUDDD buds I missed, everyone, HI! I will add my cotton candy, snow cone, and crayon maker to your yard sale! I swear we buy those things, use them twice, and then they clutter up the cupboards. BUT, if I were to get rid of them, I can guarantee a kid would approach me and demand to know what happened to x, y, or z.

I am doing loose Stillman's as my trip to San Diego approaches in two weeks. I was 125.6 today which I was happy about because TOM is present. I've also managed to run 3x each week for the past 2 weeks so I'm happy to be back into that. I've only been doing 2-3 miles at a time which is fine and manageable. Lately I've been trying to delay eating as long as possible because I'm either feeding or fasting it seems. Once I start the feed bag it's ON. LOL. Soooo the past few days I've just been eating a Quest bar at noon and then eating my main meal around 6 and trying to not eat after that. I would like to get down to 120 if possible before the trip for added insurance.

I haven't JUDDDed for a while but I'd like to try doing Stillman's DD. I think I'll give it a shot today and see how it goes.

It's gray and gloomy here in MN but I kinda like it as I'm working from home, the kiddos are in school, and DH had to take a trip up north. I am totally enjoying my quiet house!

Melissa's Headroom
http://lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=889720

Desperately Seeking Balance
http://lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=890147

Last edited by deanslist; 09-23-2016 at 07:36 AM..
deanslist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 08:25 AM   #217
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/103/100-110
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance.
Start Date: 2011
I keep checking back to see if there's an update from Carly about Chelle.
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 11:53 AM   #218
Vlo1125
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Vlo1125
Stats: 263/159.2/155
WOE: Primal w/ JUDDD
Start Date: 2013
Phoenix- 4 lbs ain't bad at all, I can do that in 1 night! My advice is hit the ground running!

Portia- looking good lady! I think it's awesome you are sharing your weightloss journey with others! Who knows you may inspire people to make changes in their lives!

Melissa- I've sort of been doing stillman dd's, lean protein and nonfat yogurt for the most part. Though yogurt really isn't QWL but it's made dd's more bearable for sure. Cotton candy???

Slow- me too, hope everything is ok.....

So I've been hungrier today :/ I think since I had my coffees way to early. I was very productive today though, walked my dd to school and then came home and did my ab workout right away. I really wanted to get out of the house and keep busy today but my MIL had eye surgery ( out patient) and I needed to stay home for when They dropped her home. I ate some cucumber slices at noon but as with any time I eat early with a dd it just made me hungrier. So I ate 1 of the 3 yogurts I had planned for the day. Then I spied a banana and the urge to eat that banana was too great and I ate it. And it was glorious!!!! Oh man I can't tell you the last time I ate a whole banana , it was like a treat! That all sounds like a lot but I've only eaten 217 calories so far im incredibly full too so I still have enough calories for 2 chicken sausages and 1 more yogurt. Just got to hold out till 5 pm!
Vlo1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 12:09 PM   #219
p0rtia
Major LCF Poster!

Vlo -- I've been hungry on DDs too this week, which is unusual. Not to mention that I am doing LC! Just had a nice "deli plate" low cal/carb but full of salt. Tasted great. I'm contemplating leaving room for a Thai curry tonight--I can't get enough of it! Or wait til tomorrow and have it for my big meal. Or both!

Vlo again -- So what's your plan for the next two months? Do you do a weekly breakdown of where you'd like to be, and what you're going to eat? I'll be pulling for ya!
Old 09-23-2016, 12:51 PM   #220
Vlo1125
Major LCF Poster!

Portia- at this point I'm just trying to stick to rotations, which seems to be like pulling teeth for me! As of today my bday is 9 weeks away and I have 16 lbs to lose till the upper range of my goal. I basically need to lose 1.7 lbs per week to make it, which honestly seems doable. I know for sure I'll be off plan on my 4 day trip next week where I'm sure I'll gain 6-10 lbs if my history is anything to go by. So I'll probably lose a week this way, 4 days for the trip, 3-4 days to relose the weight I put on. So already knocked down to 8 weeks which would be 2 lbs a week. I have my 12 year anniversary the week after I get back so idk what my husband has planned for that but it should only be 1 day whatever it is ( probably dinner out) . As far as menu planning I will continue to focus on Paleo food with an emphasis on lean protein and lower carb veggies. Also focusing on foods that are filling and low calorie So I can still eat larger amounts. I should do EOD for quicker results but I am learning to avoid binging and for family harmony ( Julie ) that I may need to have an ud and md on the weekends or 4:3. I may need to do a BOA or a stillmans week towards the end there if I hit a stall. So yea that's where I'm at right now
Old 09-23-2016, 02:41 PM   #221
Barbo
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Barbo
Stats: 225/145/136
WOE: Low Carb Diabetic Plan
Start Date: August 2005
My Sprilizer is here and

I made zoodles. Completed the last of the tomatoes with
a jolly good, garlicky marinara sauce. I have meatballs for DH.

Too many gadgets and cookbooks:
I raise my hand. I gave the dehydrator away and they gave it back to me I find that quite funny. Rule here is from DH. Bring something
new in here and take something out of here. That works NOT

Carly I am so sorry that your DW is ailing. I pray that the meds have
found out what it is and get her better and quickly. I pray for you all.
Please keep your JB's informed.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone. Wonder if Kissa is back from
her East End travels? Let us know how your vacation went.

love and hugs.
Old 09-23-2016, 05:57 PM   #222
p0rtia
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlo1125 View Post
Portia- I basically need to lose 1.7 lbs per week to make it, which honestly seems doable. I know for sure I'll be off plan on my 4 day trip next week where I'm sure I'll gain 6-10 lbs if my history is anything to go by. So I'll probably lose a week this way, 4 days for the trip, 3-4 days to relose the weight I put on.
*snippy*
I should do EOD for quicker results but I am learning to avoid binging and for family harmony ( Julie ) that I may need to have an ud and md on the weekends or 4:3. I may need to do a BOA or a stillmans week towards the end there if I hit a stall. So yea that's where I'm at right now
Hi Vlo! p0rtia-math classifies 1.7/week or darned close as doable but hikes that up to a "difficult" if you're traveling/partying. So normally you get the "normal" pass, but that runs contrary to your birthday goal. If you want to shake things up, you might try and see if you can one or even two of the four days and stick to your usual UD limit? First days of trips are easiest to stay on plan with, I find.

And I definitely think you should do 4:3--because then I'd have a 4:3 buddy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbo View Post
I made zoodles. Completed the last of the tomatoes with
a jolly good, garlicky marinara sauce. I have meatballs for DH.

Too many gadgets and cookbooks:
I raise my hand. I gave the dehydrator away and they gave it back to me I find that quite funny. Rule here is from DH. Bring something
new in here and take something out of here. That works NOT
I'm not much for kitchen gadgets (not enough electricity in the cabin!), but every spring I buy very cool spices and sauce packets and marinades--and then I forget they are there as I fall into my routines, until at this time of year I find them and realize there's no way I can use them all before snow flies and I fly (south) too. Waste! Drives me nuts.
Old 09-24-2016, 07:29 AM   #223
Vlo1125
Major LCF Poster!

Barb- glad your zoodles were a success!

Portia- I too find it easier to sorta be good the first few days of a trip and then it goes out the window. I can guarantee I'll be dining out for every meal, I have so many people to see and what do we do? Go to dinner or for drinks! I'm even meeting a few friends one day for brunch. the smart choice would be to keep it as LC as possible..... We'll see, I definitely need to watch portions too.

Down 3 lbs From my dd woo hoo! 168 this morning was nice since yesterday was super tough! I was definelty hangry! I've had my coffee so far his morning and I'm sooooooo hungry but it's only 9:30 and I really hate using any calories for breakfast since I need them at night. Sigh, I'll probably have a yogurt to tide me over till lunch. Tonight I have a derby game to go to and im also going to the after party. Going to allow myself a 2 drink maximum and go for Diet Coke and rum which is no carbs. Last time I had like 5 of them and didn't gain the next day so that might have to be my new drink order! Hope you all have a great weekend!

Last edited by Vlo1125; 09-24-2016 at 07:30 AM..
Old 09-24-2016, 07:44 AM   #224
Leanne21071
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Portia I love the picture! It makes me smile.

Vlo if I were you I'd try and stick as close to plan as possible. If you don't want to tell people you are dieting for better health, then feign a little belly distress and enjoy a diet coke. My daughtinlaw spent the whole week here on vacation while we all drank up she enjoyed mio water or iced tea. Just make sure whatever you do is worth it!
I had one cocktail last night and decided it wasn't worth having another. I would have ended up having more. And even if I didn't gain alcohol burns before fat.
Old 09-24-2016, 08:44 AM   #225
p0rtia
Major LCF Poster!

Vlo: New low! Fantastic. My Pearl of Wisdom for the day: IME, it is hard but possible to overcome the mental hurdle of thinking that eating out means blowing the diet. It took me half a century to get there, but it is doable. I never explain to casual acquaintances what I'm eating and why.

Leanne (and Vlo): I don't drink, so I keep forgetting that this is a difficult issue with weight management. You have my respect and empathy! BTW, Leanne, I'm hitting Florida Tuesday for one week -- maybe I'll see you in Publix!

Old 09-24-2016, 10:37 AM   #226
phoenix17
Major LCF Poster!

Still no word from Carly - I hope all is well.

Portia - nice pic! you look so happy and casual at your cabin .
Vlo- wtg on the post-DD drop!!!
Leanne- words of wisdom for sure, only whats worth it!! I think that idea is what helped me at my conference- I did try a few things that I put aside and didn't eat, one of which with the title of butter cake which you would THINK would be worth it, but it wasn't. nor did I get those stinkin' snack boxes on my flight even though running between flights I didn't have time to get anything to eat. I suppose DD's kind of prepare you for that .

Barbo- aren't zoodles great!? I tend to use mostly the zucchini and summer squash but I've been thinking of trying with Butternut squash too.

speaking of butternut, I had a fantastic soup at lunch the other day- butternut squash and apple. I need that recipe, it was really great (and not a cream soup so I was guessing lower on the calorie side). a cup of that and a small salad while eating out on a DD (this is to Portia's point!!) and it was super satisfying and filling and my estimate was under 400 cal. Hopefully even less than that but I figured I better over estimate.

Vlo- another good cocktail choice if you care for it is vodka with club soda and lemon/lime/orange. for me the rum and diet coke, being sweet, is easy to suck down and drink more. the vodka/soda is not sweet but you can get it with flavored vodka or if mixing at home or a party, flavored club soda.

I find myself very hungry today, maybe because the weather has finally turned chilly? What a fantastic day though- LOVE this fall weather. Took DP for a nice long walk in the woods and went to the farm stand to fill the fridge with veggies. I really need to plan my next week of DD's or I'm afraid I will derail myself. Next weekend will be a tough one dealing with a friend that I've had a tif with and I will be thinking about it all week.

Oh- and I don't know if you guys remember but last month I had that former fling in town asking me to come meet up with him but I didn't want to because I'm at least 30 lbs heavier than the last time I saw him (at least)... and he just sent me a note telling me he's back again in early November. My first reaction was "holy carp, I better be good with the diet" but then I got mad at myself for that. why does HE deserve this sort of reaction? so now I wonder why this has been my reaction for years- I have avoided seeing people from my past because I gained weight. Then I get depressed and react the way I usually do- eat. sigh. I need to get over all of that.
Old 09-24-2016, 10:57 AM   #227
p0rtia
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix17 View Post
I find myself very hungry today, maybe because the weather has finally turned chilly? What a fantastic day though- LOVE this fall weather. Took DP for a nice long walk in the woods and went to the farm stand to fill the fridge with veggies. I really need to plan my next week of DD's or I'm afraid I will derail myself. Next weekend will be a tough one dealing with a friend that I've had a tif with and I will be thinking about it all week.

Oh- and I don't know if you guys remember but last month I had that former fling in town asking me to come meet up with him but I didn't want to because I'm at least 30 lbs heavier than the last time I saw him (at least)... and he just sent me a note telling me he's back again in early November. My first reaction was "holy carp, I better be good with the diet" but then I got mad at myself for that. why does HE deserve this sort of reaction? so now I wonder why this has been my reaction for years- I have avoided seeing people from my past because I gained weight. Then I get depressed and react the way I usually do- eat. sigh. I need to get over all of that.
Hi sista phoe! I was seriously hungry Weds. and somewhat more hungry than usual Fri. Since I'm now locked into LC, that struck me as weird. But like you I wondered if it was the cooler weather. The past few years I've had the impression that I got seriously hungry as soon as the weather changed. This year, I feel that my Hunger Gauge has been reset (because since I started JUDDD hunger has not been an issue at all), so I'm wondering if it really is the weather.

As for the old flame--your first thought is the best one. Remember, you get to choose. Bad old feelings that come up are just that: old and bad. I (being human) have them too, but I try really hard to 1) not be disappointed in myself for having them (cf "being human"), and 2) look them in the face and recognize that I've been scarred throughout my life by societal prejudices and stupid people, and that being what society and stupid people want me to be is to be re-victimized, because 3) logic the bad old feelings into oblivion by remembering that I'm doing just fine.
Old 09-24-2016, 11:19 AM   #228
Leanne21071
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Phoenix I completely get the hide away with my fat attitude. It is hard to be non judgmental with ourselves. Would you care if he had gotten larger?

As I look back I let relationships go and missed out on lots of fun times because I didn't want to be seen with extra pounds.. So many excuses.... So many lost joys..

Don't avoid people if they care about you they will always care.

Portia we should plan on meeting! I have Friday mornings off... if not this trip then during season. Meanwhile I'll keep my eyes open at public.
Old 09-24-2016, 12:52 PM   #229
p0rtia
Major LCF Poster!

Leanne -- Definitely! My schedule is pretty tight since I'm only there a week, but do you play tennis? I'll be playing with the rest of the old fogies at Phillips Park on Pine Island Friday morning from 8 (weather permitting). :-D
Old 09-24-2016, 02:20 PM   #230
Barbo
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Barbo
Stats: 225/145/136
WOE: Low Carb Diabetic Plan
Start Date: August 2005
Phoe and Portia meeting up. That would be really a fun thing to do.
No word from Carly yet?

Butternut squash and apples. That sounds yum. Going to market to get me some.

Yesterday I stir fried the zoodles in
1 tbs. olive oil, a dash of onion powder and bit of s and p.
Then I added 1 c. of cooked pasta and the marinara sauce, the meatballs
were 1 c. each and we tossed and ate lots of it. Soooo good for so little.

Congrats on all weight losses, stalls and even those who posted their gains.
Remember: one day at a time and we are all in this together.
Thanks for all support. Gotta go and visit LCF board.
Old 09-24-2016, 05:14 PM   #231
phoenix17
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbo View Post
Phoe and Portia meeting up. That would be really a fun thing to do.
You mean Leanne and Portia- but I agree it would be fun to meet up! I'm a wee bit too far from FL!

Also thanks to Leanne and Portia for the advice with the old fling. I think I just need to stop making excuses and be honest with him about why I don't want to meet up - not about the weight but about not wanting to be a fling again.

and yes I also have to stop being a butthead about hiding behind my fat. So silly. The older I get the better I get at not caring what people-who-don't-matter think.

I bought a cooking pumpkin at the farm stand today - trying to decide what to do with it. soup? maybe...I always want to be good at making soup but I'm not really...
Old 09-24-2016, 05:45 PM   #232
leonak
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Vlo -- you are well on your way to be small on your birthday!

I noticed you too eat a bit of yogurt, what brand is it you use that is so low in calories, seems like I read you had 1 of them and something else to eat and it was all about 200 calories. The lowest I've seen is 90 calories each!

How is Carly and her dh doing?

Last edited by leonak; 09-24-2016 at 05:47 PM..
leonak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 05:47 PM   #233
Carly
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/126.8/125 5'1" 41yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD- maintaining since 2/2013
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Hi All! Sorry that I couldn't check in sooner.

We did not get out of the ER until after 2:30am on Thursday night/ Friday morning. DW's white blood cell count and another cell count are through the roof, but the ER doctors could not find the source of the infection.

They put her on strong antibiotics and said to see our primary doctor later that day. We got home around 3am and by the time we both got to bed it was almost 4am, so I'd been awake for 24 hours. We slept till almost noon, but as soon as we got up we called our medical group, but the front desk said they could not see DW till Monday. (They still haven't given her an actual appointment, but I think she'll just show up on Monday morning and see when the doctor can see her. Yesterday she felt better, but this evening she is feeling quite unwell.

In fact she went to bed around 6pm, which I must say, in 11 years I have never seen her do that even when she's had pneumonia, so I'm actually going to wake her in about 30 minutes to make sure she is OK and to take her evening antibiotic.

I will continue to accept prayers from anyone who is inclined to send them our way.

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 05:50 PM   #234
leonak
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Carly - of course on the
Old 09-24-2016, 05:52 PM   #235
janetaz
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: janetaz
Stats: 198/189/135 restart 208.5/189/155
WOE: JUDDD/Fung Protocol
Oh yes Carly!!! Sending prayers for your DW!!! May she feel better soon!!
janetaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 06:21 PM   #236
olehcat
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: olehcat
Stats: 185.8/177/110-120
WOE: my plan
Start Date: August 18, 2016
Carly!!!! *sending lots of love your way*
Old 09-25-2016, 03:26 AM   #237
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/103/100-110
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance.
Start Date: 2011
Grief, Carly. My thoughts are with you both as it must be very unsettling not to have a diagnosis or plan beyond seeing DW's HCP on Monday.

DW probably isn't up to even the gentlest of hugs given the location of her pain but I hope this passes as quickly as possible via the abx.
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 07:27 AM   #238
Leanne21071
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Carly the prayers will continue!

Portia I did get the PM sorry I have never played tennis. I should as it looks like great exercise and fun as well.

I love pumpkin soup Phonix. I cut it and roast it in the oven with sliced tomatoes, onions and crushed garlic. With a little olive oil on top. When the pumpkin is soft I scoop it off the rind and dump everything in a bowl and blend. I either add chicken stock or cream or both depending on my way of eating at the time. Hmmmm I might need to pick up a pumpkin.
Old 09-25-2016, 08:44 AM   #239
Vlo1125
Major LCF Poster!

Leanne- definelty good advice when it's not worth it you feel as though you've cheated yourself! Last night was totally worth it I have no problems Talking about my diet with others and at this point everyone back home knows what I do but it's more about me wanting to be carefree and have fun when out with friends. So Im hoping I can still
Indulge if I have the control be LC or do portion control, we'll see! Funny story about last night, I noticed one of my derby team mates eating a bunless bacon burger and I asked if she was gluten free and she said she was doing keto. This girl is thin so I asked well it's not for weight reason since your so skinny so why? And she said it was because she believed in the health benift of living an LC lifestyle and we had this awesome long conversation! I mentioned I did IF and she was like I do too! And I was like yea I do every other day and she said oh cool you do ADF? It was cool to talk to someone so like minded

Portia- too true , I tend to just say oh well when I got out to eat vs just making a smart choice. I think it's partially because when i go out I always want to try something new or I want something that's worth the money I'm spending! Hate nothing more than a $14 mediocre salad

Phoenix- like you'd said be honest with him about just not being into the fling. I too have struggled in the past with hiding behind my fat, I would decline a lot of invitations out when I was younger and it got to the point where people just stopped asking

Carly- glad to hear from you, hope DW gets some answers come Monday!

Leona- I buy store brand plain non fat Greek yogurt, for 150 grams it's 80 calories , 6 grams of carbs, 16 grams of protein. I then add my own stevia and vanilla extract, sometimes cinnamon or lemon extract. Yummy!

So I went to the after party and I had more than the 2 drinks , ended up having 4 diet rum and cokes and then people ketp buying shots of fireball so I had 3 of those. No regrets , especially because I'm only up .4 !!!! And I'm still in the 160's after an ud...... Where I drank?! Sweet! I think it's because I stayed way under my ud cals and I stopped eating by 4:30 and stayed under my carbs. Good day all around. Today will be an md , I've had coffee so far and it's 10:20, so I'll have lunch and dinner today, and if all goes as planned will come in under 1000 calories.
Old 09-25-2016, 09:18 AM   #240
p0rtia
Major LCF Poster!

Carly - Sending good thoughts to you both. Stress sucks.

Vlo - Ha! Getting a good buy--now you're talking my lingo!

Leanne - I'll give you a shout when I hit town. Maybe something will wok out!

Me - Had a FBG of 105 this AM. That pleases me a lot. Quite ravenous, though, despite seriously HFLC for yesterday's UD. Made guacamole.