Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 10-04-2016, 07:21 AM   #31
taramisu
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: taramisu
Stats: 282/209/180
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: April 7, 2015
Was just catching up on the September thread and wanted to say a quick welcome to cmcd1070 and Iwantlessofme, if you're reading this!

Safe travels Carly and Vlo and--well, I know others said they were traveling, so... safe travels to all.

I'm feeling frustrated. I "officially" weigh in on Saturdays (i.e. that's when I log it in my tracker, but I weigh myself daily). After doing what I thought was really well last week, I gained a pound. Then I had one of my better weekends in a while, but on Monday morning, was up four pounds. Partially in frustration and partially due to not feeling well (some TMI... dealing with a painful, uncomfortable UTI and even with the miracle pain-killing drugs and antibiotics, just not feeling good at all), I ate a pile of frosted pumpkin cookies. I didn't have a fever at the doctor's office, but wondered if the infection might be contributing to my overall feeling of ickiness--but worse than that--the overall feeling of grouchiness. I was so snappish last night and as I lay in bed trying to sleep I was just trying to figure out what was really wrong with me--everything just seemed awful from how I physically felt to world news to my own relationships. It was a horrible feeling. I'm slightly better this morning but with a stomachache... I botched yesterday's DD utterly (disappointing--I haven't done that in a while ) and I'm trying to have a good one today, but it's hard when you don't feel well and don't have a positive outlook.

I think of lot of this is just fear. I feel like I'm trying and doing well with food, but the scale bounces back up anyway. Then I'm visiting a friend over the weekend and taking a just-me short vacation after that... and I know that vacation mentality is going to interfere with JUDDD big time. I finally reach the 190s and now it's like I'm swimming against the current and so afraid I'm going to lose control and let myself just be swept away. This is being a little overdramatic (who MOI? overdramatic?! ) when really it's just a post-weekend-, possibly illness-related bump on the scale and an impending five day vacation. But... we all know how quickly two months of progress can be undone.

Thanks for letting me vent

Also, despite my grouchiness, HAPPY OCTOBER, my friends. My second favorite month after December.
tara ¤

My Journal

Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times—if one only remembers to turn on the light. ~ Albus Dumbledore

Last edited by taramisu; 10-04-2016 at 07:24 AM..
taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2016, 01:19 PM   #32
Leanne21071
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Leanne21071
Stats: 233/142/146-120
WOE: Weight Watchers, IF and knowledgeable
Start Date: restart Dec 8 2014 nov 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by taramisu View Post
Was just catching up on the September thread and wanted to say a quick welcome to cmcd1070 and Iwantlessofme, if you're reading this!

Safe travels Carly and Vlo and--well, I know others said they were traveling, so... safe travels to all.

I'm feeling frustrated. I "officially" weigh in on Saturdays (i.e. that's when I log it in my tracker, but I weigh myself daily). After doing what I thought was really well last week, I gained a pound. Then I had one of my better weekends in a while, but on Monday morning, was up four pounds. Partially in frustration and partially due to not feeling well (some TMI... dealing with a painful, uncomfortable UTI and even with the miracle pain-killing drugs and antibiotics, just not feeling good at all), I ate a pile of frosted pumpkin cookies. I didn't have a fever at the doctor's office, but wondered if the infection might be contributing to my overall feeling of ickiness--but worse than that--the overall feeling of grouchiness. I was so snappish last night and as I lay in bed trying to sleep I was just trying to figure out what was really wrong with me--everything just seemed awful from how I physically felt to world news to my own relationships. It was a horrible feeling. I'm slightly better this morning but with a stomachache... I botched yesterday's DD utterly (disappointing--I haven't done that in a while ) and I'm trying to have a good one today, but it's hard when you don't feel well and don't have a positive outlook.

I think of lot of this is just fear. I feel like I'm trying and doing well with food, but the scale bounces back up anyway. Then I'm visiting a friend over the weekend and taking a just-me short vacation after that... and I know that vacation mentality is going to interfere with JUDDD big time. I finally reach the 190s and now it's like I'm swimming against the current and so afraid I'm going to lose control and let myself just be swept away. This is being a little overdramatic (who MOI? overdramatic?! ) when really it's just a post-weekend-, possibly illness-related bump on the scale and an impending five day vacation. But... we all know how quickly two months of progress can be undone.

Thanks for letting me vent

Also, despite my grouchiness, HAPPY OCTOBER, my friends. My second favorite month after December.

We all have those days. I'm sure the inflammation from your infection has a lot to do with everything.
Your 5 day vacation sounds like a great time get yourself on track. If it is a "just me" vacation. Use it for your over all well being. Stay on a good eating path there is no reason to stop. Spend time doing things you enjoy and have fun. It doesn't have to be all about food. Get some rest we never seem to get enough of that.

One day at a time you know we are always here for you.
This time is forever I say this again!!
Goal I don’t know where I’ll end up but I’m happy where I am!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-maintain.html
Leanne21071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 03:32 PM   #33
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/103/100-110
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance.
Start Date: 2011
We're away kayaking this weekend and even tho' I knew this I've gone into auto pilot and made my standard amount of sourdough levain for baking even tho' I'm not supposed to be baking this week and certainly not bread baking.

I either have to steel myself to throw it away (and you know how I feel about food waste) or I spend the next two days baking up a mass of other items with the levain so that I don't have to bake it into bulkier loaves. (I don't have the room in the freezer to cope with that 'usual' number of loaves.)

SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 06:59 PM   #34
taramisu
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: taramisu
Stats: 282/209/180
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: April 7, 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leanne21071 View Post

We all have those days. I'm sure the inflammation from your infection has a lot to do with everything.
Your 5 day vacation sounds like a great time get yourself on track. If it is a "just me" vacation. Use it for your over all well being. Stay on a good eating path there is no reason to stop. Spend time doing things you enjoy and have fun. It doesn't have to be all about food. Get some rest we never seem to get enough of that.

One day at a time you know we are always here for you.
Biiiiiig hugs Leanne; these are the words I needed to hear! I love the idea of making my trip an overall well-being vacation. It's definitely about escaping and calming work stress; no reason to counteract it with too much unhealthful food.
tara ¤

My Journal

Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times—if one only remembers to turn on the light. ~ Albus Dumbledore
taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 09:26 PM   #35
Partyof8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Partyof8
Stats: 348/231/170
WOE: Low Carb, Intermittent Fasting
Start Date: Began journey March '14 Break '15 restart: Jan '16
Yes Tara, inflammation from an infection can shoot me up 5 pounds easy. Happened a couple times.

I had an UD today, but did not stick with Stillman's foods. Gave myself a 5 hour window and ate whatever I wanted.
Tomorrow, a DD again with Stillman foods.
Curious how this will work.
Feeling like I have a stomach bug.
Carly have a great vacation and Leona - so happy about your sister.

Restart after baby: 285 on 1/18/16 - lost 54 pounds since!
117 pounds total
Today, I will just do my very best.
Partyof8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 03:34 AM   #36
Kissa
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/120/120 5'3" Age 70
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2002 Atkins 2011 JUDDD 2016 BSD/JUDDD
Good advice from Leanne Tars, try to be kin to yourself. and relax.

Oh dear Slow, you have given yourself a problem there. No doubt it will be overcome. Enjoy your weekend away.

Hope it isn't a bug Katie. Sometimes if I change my way of eating dramatically I get the runs.

I imagine Carly and DW relaxing gently in Florida, hope it is true Carly, lol.

All good here.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Hunger is not an emergency.

It's not what you eat between Christmas and New Year that makes you fat, it's what you eat between New Year and Christmas.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 06:16 AM   #37
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: GME
Stats: 250/217/not sure 5'7
WOE: IF/NK
Start Date: April 2000 (the first time)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSure View Post
We're away kayaking this weekend and even tho' I knew this I've gone into auto pilot and made my standard amount of sourdough levain for baking even tho' I'm not supposed to be baking this week and certainly not bread baking.

I either have to steel myself to throw it away (and you know how I feel about food waste) or I spend the next two days baking up a mass of other items with the levain so that I don't have to bake it into bulkier loaves. (I don't have the room in the freezer to cope with that 'usual' number of loaves.)

Give it to a friend or neighbor?
Old 10-05-2016, 07:01 AM   #38
Vlo1125
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Vlo1125
Stats: 263/159.2/155
WOE: Primal w/ JUDDD
Start Date: 2013
Hola everyone! Got back from Chicago yesterday and weighed in this morning at 175.2, thats. 6.4 lb gain. I'm surprisingly fine about it, I ate out every meal and had wine every day! I don't feel I over ate though, like just sitting there stuffing myself for no reason , that didn't happen. I went out and enjoyed my meal and that was it, so progress. I also stopped nursing my son and I'm super engorged right now so at least 1 lb is from that ( looks like I have implants right now ) I feel awful though, lots of joint pain and inflammation in the body from eating the things i normally avoid. Im so exhausted too, don't feel like lifting a finger! Which stinks since I'm back into mom mode! Wasn't too sure what I was going to do when I got back to get the gain off, BOA /stillmans/ EOD. Think since its just the easier choice and doesn't require a grocery run a dd it is! I'm not hungry yet today but already caught myself reasoning why I should put off starting again till tomorrow. Dangers of going off plan for trips and such! No reason not to just hop back to it, if I find a dd too hard today then I'll go for an md, and if that doesn't work I'll do an ud. So long as I keep it clean and stick to my calories I should see some sort of loss. It's 10 and I've only had 1 cup of coffee so really hoping to pull off a dd, it'd be awesome to see a 2-3 lb drop by tomorrow!

Katie- sometimes stress gets the better of us, glad to see you back!

Tara- sounds like we're in the same place with feeling frustrated with lack of progress! I'm sure being ill definelty has something to do with it this week! Feel better soon! As for vacations I just want to enjoy myself and not worry about fasting or calories but you are right it can derail you fast! I think it's a good idea to enjoy yourself or eat what you want but def not make the vacation revolve around food.

Slow- hope you had fun kayaking this weekend!

Carly- ha we were probably at the airport the same time yesterday', well if you fly thru LGA that is! Have fun on your trip!

Leanne-you've done so well this last month! I feel like the same happens to me when I've been doing really well I start taking little bites and tastes of things I shouldn't! Maybe a couple stillmans days will do the trick!

Kissa- thanks, I'll look up that site, always love reading about this woe!

Phoenix- thanks to you I didn't eat at the airport or plane on either flight! That never happens! Seriously such a good time to just fast , saves you money and crappy food lol! I love bone broth, used to save all my chicken carcasses and bones and make it all the time in IL. Definitely have to get back to it! I made it in the crockpot , I wish I had a pressure cooker!

Waves to anyone I missed!

Last edited by Vlo1125; 10-05-2016 at 07:04 AM..
Vlo1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 07:16 AM   #39
phoenix17
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: phoenix17
Stats: getting there slowly but surely
WOE: LC, MF and now JUDDD
Tara- I agree - good advice from Leanne!! What is your mini vacation going to be like? spa time? or maybe lots of good activity? I am jealous - I think I need one of these too.

My UD yesterday turned in to a MD (or maybe a "normal" day? ~1200 cal) which paid off on the scale this morning, being down a pound but I am wondering how todays DD is going to go.
phoenix17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 08:53 AM   #40
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GME View Post
Give it to a friend or neighbor?
Ehh - let's just say that it's not practical to distribute it as it's sufficient to make >50 family size loaves.

Did I mention that I bake on what most people would consider a large-scale for a hobby never mind a domestic kitchen? (I bake for friends and family, neighbours, colleagues, and 3 kayak clubs.)

Rapidly improvising sourdough gingerbread, sourdough biscotti, and sourdough cookies on the grounds that all of those will keep (I hope) and can be distributed over the next couple of weeks.

If I were slightly more together I'd try and make up a massive batch of sourdough-based Christmas cakes but that's a bit risky for an untried recipe that I'd be making up as I went along...

Last edited by SlowSure; 10-05-2016 at 08:55 AM..
Old 10-05-2016, 06:15 PM   #41
Leanne21071
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Slow the more I learn about you the more amazing I find you! Please give yourself a great big hug and realize what an incredible woman you are.

Actually we all are. What an interesting bunch of individuals!

Last edited by Leanne21071; 10-05-2016 at 06:17 PM..
Old 10-05-2016, 10:04 PM   #42
Partyof8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leanne21071 View Post
Slow the more I learn about you the more amazing I find you! Please give yourself a great big hug and realize what an incredible woman you are.

Actually we all are. What an interesting bunch of individuals!
Seriously. I am so blessed to be a part of this group and know you all.

It appears I am sliding in to a pattern of OMAD. Today I decided that it seems to be the emotionally easiest for me right now, and have enjoyed it.
I'm now down to a 3 hour window of eating. Tomorrow I will aim to at least meet that again.
Can I just say - that even after being at this 2 1/2 years, I am AMAZED how fast it was to slide in to old binge/eating habits when I went off track.
I stayed conscience of the fact what I was doing, but willpower is definitely something you have to relearn.every.single.time you go off track.

For me, anyways.

117 pounds total
Old 10-06-2016, 01:37 AM   #43
Kissa

Leanne, Slow really is an amazing woman, and so much fun too!

Katie, you are right, each day is a challenge, if I even look at packet of Pringles I feel my willpower slipping. Lord alone knows what they must have put in them, but it is vile enough to have power still! (Also, my dear one, I noticed you posted your weights in the September Thread...Ocotber is up and running.)

Off to our Devon home today for a couple of weeks.

It's not what you eat between Christmas and New Year that makes you fat, it's what you eat between New Year and Christmas.
Old 10-06-2016, 05:25 AM   #44
SpunkiMama
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SpunkiMama
Stats: sw:210 cw: 210 gw 126
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: 9/28/2016
Fun Thread!

I was looking for a daily chit chat thread , and here it is!!

I've been on this website for 3yrs, and rarely post because I seem to get lost in the shuffle with all the posts, and everyone. I am hoping this will be my go to spot to type about my days without having to be "topic specific"....

A little blurp about me, My name is Brande, Im 41. I did Atkins from 2005-2009... Lost over 100lbs and hit my goal weight of 136!! best day of my life, and the best feeling EVER!!! However, due to life, low self esteem, moving, a family, etc, I am back up to 200. Lord knows this isn't where I want to be.
However, with my hectic life between working FT and Home life (kids in sports, husband etc).. I have NO time for myself. Therefore, I came up with a plan..... My mother-n-law lives next door. She doesn't work. She likes to feel needed..................

SO, she does my Breakfast and lunches for work. I give her $50 a week, she shops and cooks and packs and I have all I need to eat ON PLAN at work all week. instead of grabbing chef boy r de on my way out the door, or a bagel for breakfast and left over spaghetti/casseroles for lunch.

If I didn't have time to grab anything... I would , without fail, end up at the vending machine AND order out lunch.

We've been doing this all this week.. I feel great, I feel on plan.. .and I absolutely love that she is helping me out in this way. Its a HUGE relief of burden off my shoulders... when my little life settles I will take it on myself, but right now.... there is no one taking care of Brande, not even Brande.
So I have Mama n law, stepping in, to ensure I eat "on plan"

Everyday she leaves a Card "Your day is 5 carbs, Love you"
Yesterday "Have a great day, your breakfast and lunch is 10carbs" lol
So cute.

While I KNOW exactly how to work this plan, and I know exactly what to eat on every phase of Atkins................. its helping me to have someone else, help me get on track.

I am now her Project. Next week, we will begin daily weigh-in's lol
she's so funny, and I'm allowing her to be my meal planner/chef, and I'll be on that treadmill daily. for me, its a good balance

SW: 210.5
CW: 210.5
GW: 130.0
SpunkiMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 06:02 AM   #45
SpunkiMama
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SpunkiMama
Stats: sw:210 cw: 210 gw 126
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: 9/28/2016
I just realized this is the JUDD section

is it ok if I still post on this thread?

SW: 210.5
CW: 210.5
GW: 130.0
SpunkiMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 06:13 AM   #46
Leanne21071
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Katie I totally get the call of off plan food. I honestly think additives are addictive. I took one day off last Saturday and in just now feeling confident being back on plan. It is work, but worth it!

Kissa look at you go! Enjoy your change of scenery for the next few weeks!

Spunkimama welcome aboard! It is great that you have such fabulous support!

Had a surprise this morning after an UD. (Happy dancing) Today should be an easy going DD as long as I can look forward to a pumpkin pudding!

Yeah tomorrow's Friday!!

Old 10-06-2016, 06:47 AM   #47
Carly

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/130/125 5'1" 41yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD- maintaining since 2/2013
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Hello from Florida. The trip has been fun and relaxing. We may not make it to the beach, but that's OK. I'm nature that DW is up for that.

I know I've eaten more than I should although it's amazing how much less than I eat then everyone else... my parents are pretty normal weight, but I eat less then half what they eat...

We fly back tomorrow evening and hopefully we won't be delayed by hurricane Mathew.

Hope none of the JUDDD Buds are in the hurricane's path.

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 08:01 AM   #48
Vlo1125
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Vlo1125
Stats: 263/159.2/155
WOE: Primal w/ JUDDD
Start Date: 2013
Carly- glad you are having fun!

Katie- do what ever works for you, if that omad right now then do that and if that stops being easy try something else! Whatever you have to do to lose! And yes it is so hard to get will power back, that's a huge one for me! Will power and staying motivated!

Spunkimama- a lot of us do LC here so you are welcome! omg I love your story about your mother in law, so adorable!

Yesterday was def an md, fasted till 2:30 but got too hungry and gave in. I did drop 1.6 still though. Today going ahead with an ud anyways, still hope to see some sort of drop because of all the inflammation and water im holding right now. Just like I thought might happen, I'm starting to have regrets about stopping nursing......big time Mom guilt. Sigh, he just eats so little and what he does eat is pure junk( thanks a lot In laws) that I feel like I just took away his only nutrition he gets. I'm on day 6 of cutting him Off cold turkey, I'm still engorged and I could easily pump it and give it to him In a cup. Ack I feel like I need to be talked off the ledge!

Last edited by Vlo1125; 10-06-2016 at 08:03 AM..
Vlo1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 08:11 AM   #49
Joecarb
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Joecarb
Stats: 200/182/170
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
Hello from Florida. The trip has been fun and relaxing. We may not make it to the beach, but that's OK. I'm nature that DW is up for that.

I know I've eaten more than I should although it's amazing how much less than I eat then everyone else... my parents are pretty normal weight, but I eat less then half what they eat...

We fly back tomorrow evening and hopefully we won't be delayed by hurricane Mathew.

Hope none of the JUDDD Buds are in the hurricane's path.

Have a very safe trip home, Carly.

Haven't been on in a bit. Had a very busy summer's end. Still on JUDDD/And my noon to 6 diet as I call it and doing well. I love autumn but am missing summer as I got into the habit of going to the beach almost every night after work for a swim in the surf.

Anyway, hope all are well. I always love reading the posts. They're always interesting and informative...and funny!

Talk soon I hope.

Joe
Joecarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 09:36 AM   #50
Kissa

Carly, I am glad you haven't ben affected by Mathew, seems like a nasty one. Wishing everyone safe times.

Welcome Brande (if that is your name?). Your plan is brilliant and so is your mother in law. I am pretty low carb, just not Atkins strict. I love JUDDD and am incorporating it with the 8 week blood sugar did. Well even that isn't strictly true as i am at goal. But that is the gist of what I am doing. Oh along with some longer fasts, a la Jason Fung. We love chatters here.

Hi Joe, I like the sound of evenings at the beach, not likely to happen much in the UK. Although we did have a wonderful late summer.

Now, Vlo. You have even that bay a great start in life and now is the time to stop. Time to put yourself first lady. So back away from the edge!!!

Old 10-06-2016, 10:02 AM   #51
phoenix17
Major LCF Poster!

Hi all- a bit of a fly by for me again today. Work has gotten a bit hectic and I had an "oh sh*t" moment about something that was not really my fault... but kind of my fault because I didn't follow up with the person who was supposed to get it done. Man I hate that. Every time this happens it reinforces in my head that I have to do it all myself, which is a really bad road to follow at work... sigh. and then I ate a donut. To be more precise, I ate 1/3 of 3 different flavors of donut.

Leanne- good note about everyone being amazing! But Slow you really do take the cake (or bread as the case may be.... )

Vlo- what Kissa said- back away from the edge!! Good job on dropping part of your vacation gain too. and after a MD! woohoo!

Carly - hope you are able to avoid the hurricane, I thought it was hitting down there?

Brande- as you can say we are all just chatty here

Katie- I totally agree with you. if I do more than my regular weekend without a DD in there, I find it really hard to reign it in.

Joe and anyone else I missed

I have finally once again seen the low on the scale that I saw when I was doing the potato hack so that is nice. I have pretty much stuck to OMAD this week on both UD and DD, not really on purpose, but it is really working for me and as the week goes on I find it easier and easier. Of course today I blew that with the stress eating and that dang donut bit. ARGH! But it is an UD so I won't beat myself up TOO much, just that my intention for today was another OMAD. I'm skipping lunch to make up for it because I picked up a slice of Lasagna from an Italian deli that I have every intention of thoroughly enjoying this evening.

OK I guess that was a bit more than a fly-by but off I go.
Old 10-06-2016, 10:29 AM   #52
Kissa

Donuts, food of the Devil, lol! Sorry that work is a pain, retirement is good.

Glad you saw that low again, well done.

Old 10-06-2016, 11:10 AM   #53
Partyof8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlo1125 View Post
Carly- glad you are having fun!

Katie- do what ever works for you, if that omad right now then do that and if that stops being easy try something else! Whatever you have to do to lose! And yes it is so hard to get will power back, that's a huge one for me! Will power and staying motivated!

Spunkimama- a lot of us do LC here so you are welcome! omg I love your story about your mother in law, so adorable!

Yesterday was def an md, fasted till 2:30 but got too hungry and gave in. I did drop 1.6 still though. Today going ahead with an ud anyways, still hope to see some sort of drop because of all the inflammation and water im holding right now. Just like I thought might happen, I'm starting to have regrets about stopping nursing......big time Mom guilt. Sigh, he just eats so little and what he does eat is pure junk( thanks a lot In laws) that I feel like I just took away his only nutrition he gets. I'm on day 6 of cutting him Off cold turkey, I'm still engorged and I could easily pump it and give it to him In a cup. Ack I feel like I need to be talked off the ledge!
Pump some and give it to him in a cup..
Hormones are going to probably go a little crazy for a bit. It happens.
My son subsists on fruit and chicken nuggets.
They all live, but I know the mama guilt.
I promise you in 10 years, you probably won't even really remember this. I vaguely recall guilt over food, and remember the nursing guilt..
but damn if there isn't a lot more guilt coming your way on all kinds of things. LOL

117 pounds total
Old 10-06-2016, 04:29 PM   #54
Barbo
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Barbo
Stats: 225/145/136
WOE: Low Carb Diabetic Plan
Start Date: August 2005
How about a baby eating a diet of Oreo cookies, cucumbers dipped in sour cream? UGH.
That's what my little one was doing when I first moved from Long Beach, Ca. to
London, England. Horrified I was, but she made it through that period and is now
a 60 year old very good cook and nurse.

Been sick with that IBSD again so haven't been on line. I did ready everyone's post.
Still holding at 148.

This is a great group of gals. The best since I have been on LCF.
I treasure you all and encourage us all. Welcome to our new member.
Lot's of us do LC and JUDDD and whatever it takes for our DD.. so your input
is valued.

Carly I hope and pray that this hurricane is not affecting you. It's the most scary
of my lifetime and there have been some bad ones.

Slow you are something and a half. Keep baking. When our sons were teenagers, I
had a big bean crock full of sour dough starter. Keeping it going was constant.
They could not get enough of the pancakes, keep 'em coming. Those were wonderful
days.

Even if I didn't mention your name I have ready your posts. I think we are blessed
here to have daily chat.
Old 10-07-2016, 12:52 AM   #55
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

Safe travels, Carly. I hope DW is rallying in her health.

Yes, Barbo. Cooking and baking bring such over-arching rhythms to our lives, don't they? There's going to be a point where I need to scale back but I hope it's not soon.

Leaving soon for Cornwall where we're at a Sea Kayaking Symposium this weekend. Looking forward to this!
Old 10-07-2016, 04:40 AM   #56
Kissa

Wave to us as you pass Exeter, Slow.

Didn't weigh this morning, was rushing to go out for breakfast with a friend. Not sorry though as I enjoyed a little too much alcohol last night....

Old 10-07-2016, 06:46 AM   #57
Leanne21071
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Carly I hope your not stuck. I think we have the only good weather in Florida and we are SW.

It's an UD but I'm at a low! Skinny Jeans are back on with just a small muffin top and mostly on my lower back. Weird I know but I carry fat all over my body. I feel I'm getting close. It really depends on where the next 5 pounds come off. I hope I'll know when I get there.

Not that it matters much as I know this is just how I need to continue to eat. I might tweak some macros and exercise more and add in a few carbs on UDs if I go out. I have my eye on a bagel when Portia is back in town!
Rotations are my maintenance plan.

Thankfully the weekend is almost here! Happy Friday!
Old 10-07-2016, 07:07 AM   #58
Joecarb
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Joecarb
Stats: 200/182/170
I'm glad you are safe and sound in SW Florida, friend.

Just wondering - anyone know of any LC or no carb bread?

Thanks!
Joecarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 07:47 AM   #59
Carly

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/130/125 5'1" 41yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD- maintaining since 2/2013
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
We are in the central west coast of Florida. The weather is windy and a bit drizzly, but our flight is still on for this evening.

I know the scale will not be nice when I get back, but TOM showed up this morning so maybe I'll stay off for a day or 2...

Barb- sorry your tummy has been giving you troubles.

Hi Joe, Katie, Leanne, Slow, Vlo, Cindy, Phoenix and anyone else I missed.

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 08:30 AM   #60
phoenix17
Major LCF Poster!

Was thinking of my FL JB's today when watching about the hurricane. Hope you are all safe and dry. Same goes for anyone in the Carolina's and GA!

Last night I had a meal and some treats from an Italian deli/bakery and I wasn't enjoying them as much as I thought I would. So although I took a few more bites than I should have for calories that were not worth it, I did stop and what is left is now in the trash. Thats progress for me . But the scale was not my friend this morning. Not terrible but it definitely reflected the bad decision. I guess that's what UDs are for .

I decided to throw a Halloween party and I'm super excited for it! I am doing a theme party (Game of Thrones or medieval theme) and although I may be the only person dressing up, I'm doing it anyway. I think I'm just a big kid at heart. So far 6 people accepted so Its a Party!! woohoo!

Its going to be a GORGEOUS fall weekend here in the northeast, I'm really looking forward to walking my dog a lot!
TGIF!!!