Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 10-07-2016, 10:44 AM   #61
p0rtia
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: p0rtia
Stats: 5'7" 307/170/150-160
WOE: ex-Atkins; low cal/low carb + 4:3 JUDDD
Start Date: May 22, 2015
Greetings, all!

I arrived back at my sweet cabin Wednesday evening still on a high from my trip. Thought I'd jump back into life with my usual vim, but Thursday turned out to be a day to crash--I was just mentally tired from a week of excitement and the travel. Oddly enough, the most stressful thing of all was fielding rental requests from east coast Floridians looking for places to stay on the west coast (where I have my place, which I rent out short-term with airbnb). Feeling better today (have already been to Home Depot to pick up supplies for the Next Project and to the supermarket for my Arctic Zero fix).

So. My week in Florida! Just a super time. Meeting Leanne was an amazing highlight--what a smart and fun lady. Can't wait to see more of her (and meet the menagerie ). I spent a lot of time organizing Tree Replacement (my poor Bismarck Palm was struck by lightning last month), with a fantastic result: There is now a six-foot tall gumbo-limbo scion in the middle of my yard, help upright by four sturdy posts. Thanks are due to a couple of great garden club ladies who analyzed my Tree Need and ended up giving me the cutting (if you can call a six foot long, five inch diameter branch a cutting!). Fingers crossed that it roots--they say chances are excellent, because Florida is Florida.

The other highlight of the trip was getting out onto the tennis court and testing 1) the new bod (down about 60 lb since the last time I played) and 2) my enlightened (i.e. proper) breathing technique in the absence of interfering medication. Result: AWESOME!!! I couldn't believe it. I ran around like a crazy person, and had no breathing issues whatsoever. The final day, I didn't even think about it--the universal marker for Problem Solved. I admit I can't wait to get back down--which will happen in just 10 weeks.

Arrived back up north noticeably slimmer and feeling physically fantastic--the best in years. My scale disagrees, but what does it know?

phoenix: Hi girlfriend! I agree with Leanne about the importance of maintaining. We gots three choices--gain, maintain, or lose--and only one of them is undesirable. And both of the others are victories!

Carly: Glad you and DW were able to make it to Florida. Home safe. At some point I want to respond to your post upthread about the word "fasting". It bugs me too (I often say "pseudo-fasting" when I'm talking about DDs). In fact I have thoughts on the whole language of weight management--something Leanne and I talked about. Later!

Leanne: Loved seeing that number today!

Hi to Barbo and Slow and Kissa and Joe and Katie and newbies! Love all your posts, always. Got Team JUDDD

Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-2016, 11:02 AM   #62
Vlo1125
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Vlo1125
Stats: 263/159.2/155
WOE: Primal w/ JUDDD
Start Date: 2013
Phoenix- I'd love to to go to a themed Halloween party! So cool!

Joe- are you talking to buy or to make? Buying I seem to recall healthy life was a brand that made LC bread , making you can always look up the recipe for oopsie bread which is no carb. Or I use a recipe from the dd recipe thread for a microwave quick bread that's under 5 carbs.

Leanne- again you doing great, congrats on the new low!

Barb- Oreos and cumcumbers! my son is not that far off, today all his eaten is skittles and half a cheesestick hope you feel better soon!

Katie- ha! Oh I know worse days are ahead, got that strong willed 8 year old who reminds me daily lol! I did end up pumping a little and trying to give it to him.......well I did too good of a job before convincing him that my milk was yucky....... He ran away screaming and would not drink it I put lemon juice on myself to get him to think my milk had gone bad lol and now he doesn't want it! So I mixed it with some of his boost shake ( barf, another thing to thank my inlaws for) and he drank it. Mom guilt is the worst! I wish my kid would eat fruit or chicken, it would be an improvement!

Carly -glad you are safe!

Kissa- thanks, I do need to put myself first!

I've been so uncomfortable , I couldnt take it anymore today I pumped till I was empty and it feels glorious not to be engorged for the first time all week. Sigh idk been toying with just sneaking him some or maybe even looking into donation to a hospital. The important thing is he no longer is nursing nor wants to which is what I wanted. Anywho, wonder if the scale will show big drop tomorrow as it was a lot! today is my dd and so far so good, felt like saying to heck with it around 1 but I pushed thru it. My ud yesterday could been better but it was still good enough that I dropped another .8 think my body is just grateful to be off gluten and alcohol after this weekend lol!

Last edited by Vlo1125; 10-07-2016 at 11:09 AM..
Vlo1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 11:06 AM   #63
Vlo1125
Major LCF Poster!

Portia- I missed your post! Wow sounds like a great trip! That's so great that you are more physically fit and dont have the breathing problem anymore! Best feeling when you can do something you couldn't before!
Old 10-07-2016, 11:14 AM   #64
FrostyBeav
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: FrostyBeav
Stats: 231/217/160
WOE: EOD JUDDD
Start Date: 9/25/16
Ugh. Our stupid dog decided to try to play with a stinky striped kitty last night. I put her out before going to bed and almost immediately, the house was inundated with skunk. So strong, it stopped smelling like skunk and more like burnt rubber.

She got to stay outside all night and then I got to de-skunk her this morning. This wouldn't have been too bad a week or two ago, but this morning it was 50 degrees and raining. After covering her in the solution and then rinsing it off, I wrapped her in a towel and carried her to the tub for another bath, this time with shampoo and warm water. She's 40 lbs and not happy, so I count this as a workout for the day. You can still smell it if you get right down next to her but it's better. She actually had a big yellow stain on her neck and chest, which I assume was the skunk spray. Our last dog, who also liked the striped kitties, was mostly black so I hadn't seen that before.

I imagine the house still reeks but I can't currently smell it since I think the skunk receptors in my nose were burned out. Fortunately, it's supposed to warm up later this weekend so hopefully we can get the house aired out.

I hate skunks with a passion.
Old 10-07-2016, 01:55 PM   #65
Vlo1125
Major LCF Poster!

Frosty- I'm sorry but picturing your whole story gave me a laugh! You poor thing I totally think that whole ordeal qualifies as a workout for sure! Hope he learned his lesson!

Last edited by Vlo1125; 10-07-2016 at 01:56 PM..
Old 10-07-2016, 04:27 PM   #66
FrostyBeav
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlo1125 View Post
Hope he learned his lesson!
Based on our last Aussie, I doubt it. I had to deskunk her once or twice a year, at least. This is the first time that our current Aussie, Sky, has had a run in with a skunk. She's only a year old, though, so there is plenty of time.

Here's a freshly deskunked, and fluffy, Sky with a bonus photobomb by our fat torbie, Cola. I had a hard time getting Sky to look at me. I think she is still mad about the baths.

Old 10-07-2016, 05:31 PM   #67
Barbo
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Barbo
Stats: 225/145/136
WOE: Low Carb Diabetic Plan
Start Date: August 2005
FrostyBeav. cutest pictures of your beautiful babies.
I am familiar with skunk attacks. Lord above, this spring a devoted couple
of skunks decided to mate under my big shade tree in back and then dashed
beneath our storage house to honeymoon. Thankfully all the dogs in the
neighborhood decided to howl at them and they finally left. We were scared
they would birth right there.

Glad both you girls are back safely from your quite wonderful sounding
vacations.

How much did you weigh after you de'milked? Hopefully a couple lbs.

Feel better today, no problems with my food thus far. Tummy is very
quiet and I have been very good to it. Only eggs for breakfast and
some chicken breast and some low fiber veggies for dinner. A bit of
cottage cheese and applesauce. I cannot exactly call this a up day but
it's the best I can do.

Lost to 147 but it takes me an entire week for one lb. off to stick.
I think I was 148 for 10 days. I'll take every ounce I can get

It's still hot as hades here. We are watching the storm and praying for
the folks who have to go through it. I don't know what's more horrifying,
the storm or the elections gibberish?

See y'all manana.
Old 10-08-2016, 05:57 AM   #68
p0rtia
Major LCF Poster!

Still catching up with life and friends --

Tara! I think I sent virtual hugs a few days ago. Wanted to check in and see how you're doing?

Frosty! Wanted to say that I sooo love your weight-tracking charts in the weigh-in thread. From one numbers person to another:

Slow! Can you take me with you to Cornwall, pleeeeeze!!1???
Old 10-08-2016, 07:25 AM   #69
FrostyBeav
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by p0rtia View Post
Frosty! Wanted to say that I sooo love your weight-tracking charts in the weigh-in thread. From one numbers person to another:
Thanks. Can you tell I'm an engineer?
Old 10-08-2016, 11:36 AM   #70
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/103/100-110
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance.
Start Date: 2011
Unseasonably warm weather in Cornwall, p0rtia - it's bliss.

We're driving past Exeter on the way back on Monday, Kissa - in which direction should we wave? Is it the Crab Shack you recommend for seafood?

Pretty tired after a very active day - so warmest thoughts to all and I'm about to trudge into the shower prior to the barbecue!

Last edited by SlowSure; 10-08-2016 at 11:39 AM..
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 02:38 AM   #71
Kissa
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/120/120 5'3" Age 70
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2002 Atkins 2011 JUDDD 2016 BSD/JUDDD
Yes Slow, but they are closed on Mondays Wave to the right, or give me a call on my mobile and pop in?

Wonderful to see 147 Barb!

Oh Frosty, so,glad you ar back, what a laugh you have given us already, sorry! Gorgeous photo.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Hunger is not an emergency.

It's not what you eat between Christmas and New Year that makes you fat, it's what you eat between New Year and Christmas.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 04:51 AM   #72
p0rtia
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostyBeav View Post
Thanks. Can you tell I'm an engineer?
Ah! Is that what it is! Love me some serious professional numbers folk! I have pages and pages of weight-management numbers (though I only dabble in the science/math side of the scale), including various weight-loss scenarios over time. I find them inspiring when I am imagining the future and stimulating when I fall a bit behind. The best part is that if I don't make a certain short-term goal, it is nice to reflect that in the long run, I'm still going in the right direction. The next best thing to losing seven lb a month is losing six lb a month! p0rtia math (I crack myself up.)
Old 10-09-2016, 05:13 AM   #73
Vlo1125
Major LCF Poster!

Frosty- adorable fur babies!

Barb- I lost 3.2 lbs the day after I pumped it was also a dd too but whoa! I haven't pumped since and I feel fine so maybe I just needed to get it out and thaTs the end of that! Congrats on 147! Hope to be that small someday soon! Are you still trying the food maps diet?

Portia- Portia math!

Like I said above droped 3.2 lbs after my last dd so that was very welcome! Had my ud yesterday and I didnt even track my calories. I'm sure it was higher than it should have been but it felt good to kind of just go with the flow. We went to ikea to buy a wardrobe and my kids got soft serve. Of course my 2 year old's was melting all Over the place so I helped him by eating some and you know what it was fine! I didn't panic or feel like "oh well I messed up today may as well go stuff my face!" I also had 2 slices of gluten free pizza ( gasp) for dinner! Again it was nice I had my 2 and felt good, when normally I would've eaten at least 4! Idk why but feeling a little more zen and relaxed at the moment with food but in a good way. Maybe it is cause I stopped nursing and I'm not getting the urge to eat nonstop? whatever the reason I'm liking it. I am up 1.2 lbs from my ud but that's with normal range so happy about that. Today will Either be a md or dd, most likely md but I'm going to fast as long as I can. it should be easy as I'm very busy, my DD has a girl Scout thing at 11 and I have a derby thing at 3 so I'll be out of the house a lot! Anywho hope you are all having a good weekend! Ttyl!

Last edited by Vlo1125; 10-09-2016 at 05:18 AM..
Old 10-09-2016, 05:55 AM   #74
Leanne21071
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Leanne21071
Stats: 233/142/146-120
WOE: Weight Watchers, IF and knowledgeable
Start Date: restart Dec 8 2014 nov 2017
Enjoy the day Vlo. Great job not stressing over food.

I too love the pic of Frostys fur children! The dog looks very unimpressed.

Portia math is all I go by nowadays!
This time is forever I say this again!!
Goal I don’t know where I’ll end up but I’m happy where I am!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-maintain.html
Leanne21071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 08:25 AM   #75
Kissa

Yup, Portia math has it!

It's not what you eat between Christmas and New Year that makes you fat, it's what you eat between New Year and Christmas.
Old 10-09-2016, 12:29 PM   #76
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Yes Slow, but they are closed on Mondays Wave to the right, or give me a call on my mobile and pop in?
Of course they're closed. We're just off from a fabulous day's surfing in sea kayaks. About to go home, shower, crawl into bed but shall talk to DH and call tomorrow It would be lovely to see you if it matches up with your plans etc.

Did I say it was a fabulous day's surfing with some good long runs?
Old 10-09-2016, 12:50 PM   #77
Kissa

Will be home from the gym at about 11.30, free thereafter.

Old 10-09-2016, 01:54 PM   #78
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

I hope to see you tomorrow, Cindy!
Old 10-09-2016, 01:55 PM   #79
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

As a general note for those interested, Marty Kendall of Optimising Nutrition has put together an interesting list of nutrient dense foods that may well suit a number of people here:
Site: Optimising Nutrition

Post: NUTRIENT DENSE FOODS FOR WEIGHT LOSS AND INSULIN RESISTANCE
Old 10-09-2016, 03:27 PM   #80
p0rtia
Major LCF Poster!

Woo hoo! p0rtia-math will take over the world!!!

Okay, maybe only one little corner of it.

Either way, I'm glad it works for ya.

Vlo: So happy for your two pieces of pizza. I can only speak from my own experience (duh), but I believe that being able to balance the eating of something you love a lot while staying within the calorie cap* is a sign of being on the right long-term track. Step by step.

I had a nice 1250 MD day yesterday--decided I needed to make a couple of adjustments to my numbers *happy sigh--numbers!*. Today is 1850, and I'm enjoying it to the max. FH pizza, Brie, and now another Thai curry. Can't get enough of that! I'm still in amazement that nine days out of ten I am not hungry between meals.

I've also figured out why my FBG is high in the mornings. :-( Apparently very common and going LC isn't going to help at all. But continued WL and exercise will. Just you wait till I get back to Florida and start playing tennis regularly, Mr. Liver!

* Some people call this "portion control," but I don't like that term because for one thing it sounds too sterile and for another it makes weight management sound so easy. It leaves out the long-term commitment as well as the fact that you can have a big portion of A if you are willing to have a small portion of B. Among other things.
Old 10-10-2016, 07:13 AM   #81
phoenix17
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: phoenix17
Stats: getting there slowly but surely
WOE: LC, MF and now JUDDD
Frosty- LOVE the pics of furbabies! !I am going to see if I can post one below of my little guy too.
You know whats weird? I had responded to your post of skunk antics and dealing with it but it is not here! so weird. anyway- I asked what you used to wash with? I heard dish detergent can work.

Vlo- nice drop with the -3.2

Barbo- I am the same way, it takes at least a week for a pound loss to stick. I feel I need to see it 3x before I believe its true.

SS- sea kayaking sounds both fun and scary! I like to kayak on lakes and rivers but I think I'd be nervous in the ocean waves.

Leanne, Portia and anyone else I missed

I won't weigh for a day or two until t-o-m is over, its pointless to torture myself otherwise. Over the weekend I was testing some recipes for my halloween party - hand pies. one with beef, one with spinach artichoke, and trying out a biscuit dough vs. a pie dough. Recruited a friend to be a taste tester too thankfully and tried to eat only 1/2 or less of each option. And despite the rain I actually exceeded my step goal on both days. Yesterday it was cold and rainy ALL DAY (but we REALLY need the rain) and in the evening as I take DP out for his last walk of the day, intending it to be just a short "potty" walk, we found one of his doggy girlfriends on the trail all by herself!! So I walked up and down those trails in the pouring rain in the fear that her owner had slipped and fallen. Finally realized she probably has a tag on her collar (she is a long haired dog and her collar was hidden) and managed to get in touch with them. They hadn't even realized their daughter had let out the dog!! Anyway I inadvertently walked much more than I had planned but safely got my DP's friend home safe and sound.

Hm. I can't tell if the image uploaded of my little guy... guess I will find out when I post!
phoenix17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 07:28 AM   #82
FrostyBeav
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix17 View Post
I asked what you used to wash with? I heard dish detergent can work.
It's a mixture of hydrogen peroxide, Dawn dish soap and baking soda. The recipe is on the Humane Society website. It works pretty well but she still has a spot on her neck (ground zero, I believe) that is pretty strong and will make your hands smell like skunk if you touch her there. She got another straight Dawn bath yesterday but it didn't seem to make a difference.

I've tried some of the commercial de-skunking mixes and none of them really worked. I tried vinegar once and that just made the dog smell like skunky Easter eggs. My folks tried tomato juice on their Bishon Frise when it got skunked and they ended up with a pink dog that still reeked of skunk.

The weird thing is that my hands have smelled strongly of skunk all morning and I didn't even touch her this morning. I'm not sure where it came from.
Old 10-10-2016, 07:58 AM   #83
Vlo1125
Major LCF Poster!

Ok scale said no more being laid back, up 1.8 sigh, Sunday was much like Saturday , not an md more of an ud. My body was like nope, no double ud's for you without consequence! should be getting my Tom today or tomorrow so I'm sure that doesn't help, feeling bloated. Today is a dd, I really got to nail my m-w-f dd's from now on. I have plans every Saturday this month , 15th anniversary, 22nd food truck fest, 29th Halloween party. and that's fine, those are all ud's so as long as the rest of my week goes as planned then I should Still be able to make progress this month gosh darn it! Today is good cause I got to sleep in which makes the day go by quicker! Dinner will be 425 calories worth of chicken sausage and yogurt!

Leanne- thanks it's nice not to stress, it takes over too much of my life but at the same time there's that constant vigilance that still needs to be maintained sigh.

Slow- you continue to amaze me With all you do!

Portia- yes balance! It sounds so simple but it's one of the hardest things to accomplish with weightloss and maintaining!

Phoenix- thanks though I gained 3 of it back this weekend so nice of you to rescue DP's girlfriend!
Old 10-10-2016, 08:01 AM   #84
phoenix17
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: phoenix17
Stats: getting there slowly but surely
WOE: LC, MF and now JUDDD
Hi Frosty - yeah it was Dawn I had heard as well that is the best thing to use - anything that de-greases since its an oil but seems like you would have stripped the oils by now! I don't have any other suggestions.

My picture didn't post so I'll try again.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ziggy_resize.jpg (48.8 KB, 12 views)
phoenix17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 09:33 AM   #85
Kissa

Oh Phoenix, now we are in love too! What a teddy bear he is. Good for you on rescuing the other dog.

Slo you are getting it all in order I can tell. Allowing for the Saturday plans is wise, you'll do great on your MWF DDs I am sure.

I love wild life, but I am so glad we don't have skunks in the UK!

Old 10-10-2016, 10:15 AM   #86
FrostyBeav
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
I love wild life, but I am so glad we don't have skunks in the UK!
Living in a rural area, I could do with less wildlife, particularly deer and skunks.
Old 10-10-2016, 10:27 AM   #87
Seabreezes
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Goodmorning everyone.

I am just about back in the groove! We have been traveling again - did a cruise through the North West Passage which was fascinating. We saw polar bears on ice floes, lots of ice and majestic scenery. We left from Seward, Alaska and were in Canada, Greenland and ended in New York City.

Once we arrived home, company also started to arrive! My cousins have been here for a week so busy every day with them. Fun...

Yam Yam and her husband were here so had a lovley dinner with them at our favorite Waikiki reataurant. They were looking and doing great.

Dinner out tonight with cousin and family tonight, breakfast tomorrow morning and then they head to the airport! The less eating regime starts tomorrow!

I've been trying to eat in a 5 hour window and it works most of the time, even with people here. However all of those meals have been restaurant meals, so more food than necessary, even bringing some home. I have manged to lose some of the cruise weight gain, but really want to get back down several more pounds.

Carly, I thought of you as we wandered NYC. I hadn't been there since 1977 and only for a few hours then. We saw a cousin and his wife I hadn't seen in years, the girl I lived with in San Francisco 50 years ago and her husband, saw Fiddler on the Roof, a 4 hour highlight tour with the ship - 9/11 memorial, etc. and a great walk in Central Park. All in all a great 4 days. Then we had an 11 hour flight home!

I think I am caught up on the posts. There are a few new people and many familiar friends. It is nice to "see" everyone.

Hugs for everyone!
Old 10-10-2016, 11:20 AM   #88
Carly

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/130/125 5'1" 41yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD- maintaining since 2/2013
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Hi all

I love the fur baby pictures! If I ever get all 4 cats to pose (ha!) for a single picture I'll post it. 3 of our 4 cats are senior citizens. Willow will be 19 this winter, Jerry is 16, Simba is 12 and Scooter Pie is 6. Since DW and I have been together (11 years) we had 3 other cats as well. Salty and Ben passed away and Tigger, who we rescued, really wanted to be an only cat so now he lives with our good friend in NJ.

I don't go back to work until Thursday. Feeling quite relaxed and know I'll be ready to hit ground running when I go back.

This coming Sunday we have the 5 mile Making Strides breast cancer walk. We walk with people from DWs job. Last year it was a small group and we walked it fast. Hoping for the same this year.

Sea breezes nice to "see" you. Glad you had a good time traveling and time spent here in NYC.

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 11:26 AM   #89
Carly

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/130/125 5'1" 41yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD- maintaining since 2/2013
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Oh, by the way- Slow- I printed that list (nutrient dense/ low glycemic) for DW, who is back to JUDDDing...

We shall see...

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 03:04 PM   #90
Barbo
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Barbo
Stats: 225/145/136
WOE: Low Carb Diabetic Plan
Start Date: August 2005
Bummed with my gain to 150 again after the long journey to 147.
Have not had good Juddding since my IBSD challenge.

Hello to all. Forgive me for not chatting. Every one sounds very good to me.