Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 10-13-2016, 03:55 PM   #121
Beowulf
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Beowulf
Stats: 148/137/130# 5'6" 60yrs
WOE: LC+IF
Start Date: Jan 2018 Stillman’s plus IF
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostyBeav View Post
I did zero carb some years back and nuked my thyroid in the process. I was constantly cold then too but also very lethargic. This is different in that I have energy but just feel colder. Pretty weird.

Thank goodness for heated mattress pads.
I was wondering about that. Maybe higher energy rules out lowered thyroid, which would be the hormonal adaptation of concern with reduced body temp. I don't know. Just musing.
Beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-14-2016, 06:27 AM   #122
phoenix17
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: phoenix17
Stats: getting there slowly but surely
WOE: LC, MF and now JUDDD
Barbo- Your Clemmie sounds absolutely darling!

Frosty- your kitties sound like fun even though they might be annoying I want to get a couple of kitties but I'm a little afraid that I wouldn't be able to keep them in at night and we have way too many predators around (coyoters, fisher's, owls, and more!), I would be nervous all the time. There are always missing cat posters up in the neighborhood .

Vlo good luck with the zero cal DD. I keep trying also but I can't ever seem to make it. I do try to fast as long as I can but on some work days if I'm too spacey or grumpy I will have 5-6 macadamia nuts or a small apple if I have to actually interact with people AND use my brain and that seems to be able to hold me at work.

Frosty and Beowulf thanks for the interesting discussion. I know that the DD chills are a common occurrence. Below are a couple of explanations - I am not sure which one is the most correct but they both make sense to me (these are quotes from other blog sites on fasting):

"I experience the same at the end of a 16 hour fast period (16/8 pattern). My explanation (being a MD by the way) is different: During fasting your body shows a slight shift in the balance of the autonomous nervous system towards the sympathetic side. This so called noradrenergic or adrenergic reaction leads to cold extremities due to less blood flow in the extremities. It also causes the nice feeling of being wide awake and alert. You can enhance (or worsen) the effect by the intake of caffeine (as in coffee)."

and a different way to explain:

"Fasting increases the blood flow to you body fat (the process is called adipose tissue blood flow). So when you are fasting more blood is travelling to your body fat, presumably to help move it to your muscles where it can be burned as a fuel. Due to this increased travel to your body fat, micro-vasodilation occurs in your fingertips and sometimes toes to compensate. So in some cases it’s a ‘necessary evil’ in the fat loss process.”"

Either way, whenever I get the fasting chills I always think "oh good I'm burning fat"!

Today is a gorgeous day here in the NE. A perfect Autumn day- sunny, a bit chilly and the leaves are really stunning. I'm leaving work at noon to meet up with my mom and sister who are here for the night so it will be a fun day I think, but will also involve eating and wine, but thats OK. I was hoping to see a lower number on the scale this morning but I didn't and I am slightly perplexed but I'm not really too concerned. I did a double DD Mon-Tues, ate on Wednesday, then yesterday my DD was probably a smidge higher than it should have been around 500 cal. I'm holding off on any food hopefully til dinner tonight so hoping the family stops for lunch on the way here! Otherwise I'm not going to sweat it because it is an extremely rare occasion that they actually drive to my house (about a 3 hr drive) rather than the other way around so I will just enjoy it. I'll re-focus on the calories when they are gone. I have a busy weekend in general preparing for my party next weekend so I think it will all even out!

Happy Friday everyone!
phoenix17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 06:34 AM   #123
Vlo1125
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Vlo1125
Stats: 263/159.2/155
WOE: Primal w/ JUDDD
Start Date: 2013
Frosty- thanks for your input! Going to go for it today, I'm very nervous about tonight, I hate going to bed hungry but I need to try it to see if this is what will finally make some progress for me!

Beowulf- thanks for the fung info, I really need to read his book! I also wonder if I even have to worry about messing up my metabolism since it's controlled synthetically with thyroid meds.........

Think I'm going to go ahead and add the dd cals to my ud, it's honestly not all that hard for me to eat 2400 calories( have to stop myself from going above that often ) I don't want to drastically start cutting calories until I absolutely have to. I'm nervous but I am also cautiously hopeful that this will be the answer for me to be able to stick to this better . I am the same weight after yesterday's ud which is always a good thing so I hope to see a decent drop after today. I have had my coffees today so still not a complete fast due to the cream but I ain't giving those up !
Vlo1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 06:45 AM   #124
Vlo1125
Major LCF Poster!

Phoenix- I hear you I am totally a cranky witch on down days it always makes me grumpy and irritable and I have very little patience. But that's nothing new so the only difference with attempting to go 0 cal is going to bed hungry so I'll have to see how that goes I guess. I think Your approach to today sounds good enjoy your time with your mom and your sister!
Old 10-14-2016, 08:18 AM   #125
Beowulf
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Beowulf
Stats: 148/137/130# 5'6" 60yrs
WOE: LC+IF
Start Date: Jan 2018 Stillman’s plus IF
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix17 View Post
<respectfully snipped>
quotes from other blogs:

"Fasting increases the blood flow to you body fat (the process is called adipose tissue blood flow). So when you are fasting more blood is travelling to your body fat, presumably to help move it to your muscles where it can be burned as a fuel. Due to this increased travel to your body fat, micro-vasodilation occurs in your fingertips and sometimes toes to compensate. So in some cases it’s a ‘necessary evil’ in the fat loss process.”"

Either way, whenever I get the fasting chills I always think "oh good I'm burning fat"!

Today is a gorgeous day here in the NE.
</respectfully snipped>
Very interesting. Thank you!

But, rats!, now I'm almost sad that I don't get DD chills. Stupid stubborn subcutaneous fat. Back from vent. Repeats to self, "Comparison is the thief of joy." Joy increases metabolism. Adopt Vlo's zen. I've been listening to the podcasts from the Institute for the Psychology of Dynamic Eating lately...I'm not certain it's helping with fat loss yet, but it is a more pleasant mindset than battling with the scale.

It is a glorious day here in NE. Enjoy your family time!
Beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 08:42 AM   #126
Carly
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/130/125 5'1" 41yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD- maintaining since 2/2013
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beowulf View Post
That's a great question. Interestingly, no, the folks who write about watching biofeedback markers don't mention low body temperature as a concern unless it is persistent. I think Fung writes about reduced body temp as a sign of slower metabolism, but he might mean chronic low body temp, not temporary drops during a fast day. Your theory of the thermic effect of food makes sense. But it is an interesting omission.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostyBeav View Post
I did zero carb some years back and nuked my thyroid in the process. I was constantly cold then too but also very lethargic. This is different in that I have energy but just feel colder. Pretty weird.

Thank goodness for heated mattress pads.
Quote:
Frosty and Beowulf thanks for the interesting discussion. I know that the DD chills are a common occurrence. Below are a couple of explanations - I am not sure which one is the most correct but they both make sense to me (these are quotes from other blog sites on fasting):

"I experience the same at the end of a 16 hour fast period (16/8 pattern). My explanation (being a MD by the way) is different: During fasting your body shows a slight shift in the balance of the autonomous nervous system towards the sympathetic side. This so called noradrenergic or adrenergic reaction leads to cold extremities due to less blood flow in the extremities. It also causes the nice feeling of being wide awake and alert. You can enhance (or worsen) the effect by the intake of caffeine (as in coffee)."

and a different way to explain:

Very interesting discussion. I'm freezing 90% of the time, but I eat just once a day either an UD meal or a DD meal so it could be from fasting.

I do despise being so cold All. The . Time. If I were burning a lot of fat though, I'd expect to be thinner and not have to work so hard to keep pounds from creeping on.

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 04:12 PM   #127
Vlo1125
Major LCF Poster!

Beowulf- adopt the zen!

Carly-

So it's 7 pm and I'm stilling hanging on, so far it hasn't been too difficult and I wonder why it's so darn hard for me to not eat till after 5 pm on my regular dd? maybe because the permission to eat is there and That makes me want it now! but today the permission is not there so I'm forced to ignore the hunger..... strange how my brain works but ok! I feel off today...... been having chest pains for over a week that are a little Concerning. Also my 12 year anniversary is tomorrow and my DH gave me my gift tonight so I could wear it out for a our lunch date tomorrow.........it was not good ladies. I'm afraid I couldn't even fake that I like it. A necklace and earring set with butterflies that looked perfect for a 10 year old.... he was offended and while I feel bad I'm also offended he doesn't know me enough to know I wouldn't like it. Sigh not a good start! Anywho just overall feeling like poo and the hunger feels a little bit worse as I type this and I also just got a hot flash......weird. I don't see myself not following thru at this point but still not bed time though, pretty sure I'm going to have to take a Melatonin pretty early to just knock myself out. Hope you all are having a better day than I am!
Old 10-14-2016, 06:50 PM   #128
FrostyBeav
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: FrostyBeav
Stats: 231/217/160
WOE: EOD JUDDD
Start Date: 9/25/16
It's funny, but if I make it to 5 pm on a DD without eating, I feel like I've made it and the rest of the evening is easy. Probably helps that I am usually in bed by 8 pm on week days since I have to be at work at 5 am.

Also, after reading Vlo's account of the anniversary present gone wrong, I am soooo happy my wife and I don't buy each other presents.
Old 10-15-2016, 03:43 AM   #129
leonak
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: leonak
Stats: Goal Met July, 2015 - 112!!!!
WOE: JUDDD
Vlo - it is time to stop with the presents! Really, it is time to stop! Now I only get one for any and all ocassions - $$$$$$$$$$$$!!!!!!!!!!

I too would get sad, mad, cry, etc - but not with $$$$$!!!!!!

We all love that you share all about you and yours!

Love You We All Do!

Much Love From Me - Leona
Old 10-15-2016, 04:54 AM   #130
Kissa

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/120/120 5'3" Age 70
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2002 Atkins 2011 JUDDD 2016 BSD/JUDDD

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Hunger is not an emergency.

It's not what you eat between Christmas and New Year that makes you fat, it's what you eat between New Year and Christmas.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 04:56 AM   #131
deanslist
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: deanslist
Stats: 5'3.5" 185/128.6/120-123
WOE: Protein Power, mod fat and low carb
Start Date: 1999 (Atkins) Lost most of my weight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlo1125 View Post
Beowulf- adopt the zen!

Carly-

So it's 7 pm and I'm stilling hanging on, so far it hasn't been too difficult and I wonder why it's so darn hard for me to not eat till after 5 pm on my regular dd? maybe because the permission to eat is there and That makes me want it now! but today the permission is not there so I'm forced to ignore the hunger..... strange how my brain works but ok! I feel off today...... been having chest pains for over a week that are a little Concerning. Also my 12 year anniversary is tomorrow and my DH gave me my gift tonight so I could wear it out for a our lunch date tomorrow.........it was not good ladies. I'm afraid I couldn't even fake that I like it. A necklace and earring set with butterflies that looked perfect for a 10 year old.... he was offended and while I feel bad I'm also offended he doesn't know me enough to know I wouldn't like it. Sigh not a good start! Anywho just overall feeling like poo and the hunger feels a little bit worse as I type this and I also just got a hot flash......weird. I don't see myself not following thru at this point but still not bed time though, pretty sure I'm going to have to take a Melatonin pretty early to just knock myself out. Hope you all are having a better day than I am!
Ah Vlo this made me laugh... I didn't mean to but I could just imagine those earrings!! Sometimes men are very dense and we need to be VERY specific, like getting the Jared catalog and circling things, and placing it into their work bag!

Anyway I hope you made it through your fast!! Very impressive, I have been wanting to try a water only fast but so far I'm too wimpy.

Melissa's Headroom
http://lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=889720

NO MORE EXCUSES!
http://lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=892390
deanslist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 05:17 AM   #132
Vlo1125
Major LCF Poster!

Leona- you are too sweet but yea you are right! I'm going to tell him no more present because he almost never gets it right ( poor guy) and it totally isn't worth the $$$!

Frosty- I made it! I did take some melatonin at 8. I feel asleep but woke at 3:50 am , went back to sleep, woke up at 5, back to sleep woke up at 6:20 lol! Going to have to get a higher dose in slow release so I stay asleep. Good idea not buying gift anymore! Honestly I don't see the point but he always does and then I feel bad and buy him something.

Melissa- you wimpy?! Never you seem like you can do anything if you want to! Yes men are strange, for months I've said I wanted a pressure cooker, even told him this week our local Aldi had one for $39 , and I get butterfly earrings!

So after my no food dd I weigh........167!!!! That's 4.6 lbs over night! love it! I think this might be the way to go from now on. so today is my 12 year anniversary and we are going to a fancy Cuban place for lunch, I want to behave since that drop was so amazing but I also want to enjoy myself. Good thing about going to lunch instead of dinner is I know I won't drink so that'll save me a little. What's nice is I weigh less today than I did on my wedding day, I remember I was 174

Oyvey in the middle
Of typing this and my DH made me breakfast.......bacon egg sandwich, bless his heart he's trying so hard it's sweet and I appreciate it. Not exactly what I wanted to eat , the bacon was a tad too well done if you know what I mean and the bread was surprisingly very dry and not good. I of course smiled and thanked him and ate what I could, ending up taking the top piece of bread off and eating open faced. Ok so nothing till lunch now! Ttyl !
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2298.jpg (31.1 KB, 32 views)

Last edited by Vlo1125; 10-15-2016 at 05:24 AM..
Old 10-15-2016, 05:52 AM   #133
Leanne21071
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Leanne21071
Stats: 233/142/146-120
WOE: Weight Watchers, IF and knowledgeable
Start Date: restart Dec 8 2014 nov 2017
So sweet Vlo! Happy Anniversary!! Enjoy enjoy enjoy. Hubby and buy our own gifts. That was my gift to him years ago!

I can't decide what I want for my UD! DH is going out of town Early Monday so today is our last real meal day together before he goes. I'm thinking chili or breakfast for dinner....maybe chicken wings. Lol chili would be the easiest... hmmmm chili dogs...

I'll have another coffee and figure it out. I also want to try some flax crackers....
This time is forever I say this again!!
Goal I don’t know where I’ll end up but I’m happy where I am!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-maintain.html
Leanne21071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 06:16 AM   #134
Carly

Happy Anniversary Vlo! Love the picture

DW is pretty good about gifts, but that being said- I'm pretty specific about what it is I'm hoping for

We make good use of the Amazon Wish List Even if just for ideas.

I'm off, busy weekend ahead! TTYL.

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

Old 10-15-2016, 07:09 AM   #135
Leanne21071
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Leanne21071
Stats: 233/142/146-120
WOE: Weight Watchers, IF and knowledgeable
Start Date: restart Dec 8 2014 nov 2017
Barbo I just made a Big Fluffy Biscuit! Did half the recipe and had it egg, bacon, cheese mayo and a slice of tomato. A little bit of heaven..... Lol I used my stone wave cooker it was perfect. I am now very full, it has been ages since I've had or even wanted breakfast.
Big Old Fluffy Biscuit
Makes 2 biscuits

You will need:
Nordic Ware Egg n' Muffin pan (Walmart under $4 bucks)
Buy 2.

Butter Pam spray both pans well.

Dry Bowl:
2 heaping tbs. blanched almond flour
2 heaping tbs. good coconut flour
1 tbs. Vital Wheat Gluten
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. baking powder
Good pinch of baking soda.
Whisk until well incorporated. Set aside

Wet Bowl:
2 extra-large eggs
3-4 tbs. high fat yogurt or sour cream
Whisk well.

This should look like a dough and not a batter.
Add either more flour or more yogurt to get that
texture. Start small

Let dough rest for a minute or so.
Place batter evenly in the muffin pans
Give' em a smack to get out the air bubbles.

Nuke individually for 1 minute and 45 seconds.

Open and look at both sides. It will be very steamy.
If you see any raw dough, then plunk it back in nuker
for a few more seconds. These should be very high and
fluffy and when cooler, cut in half horizontally.

It took me a half dozen times to get this formula
the way we like it. It has a very wonderful taste, not
strong and overpowering. This was so filling that
I only ate 1/2 of my sausage, cheese, egg biscuit
this morning. Now I'm ready to go have the rest of it.
This is from Barboslowcarbkitchen
I ate all of mine!
This time is forever I say this again!!
Goal I don’t know where I’ll end up but I’m happy where I am!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-maintain.html
Leanne21071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 01:36 PM   #136
leonak
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: leonak
Stats: Goal Met July, 2015 - 112!!!!
WOE: JUDDD
Vlo - Happy Ann. to you and your DH

Just a short true story for today!

When I was about in 3rd grade, it was some kind of gift giving time at home, maybe Ann. or birthday, not sure! Anyway mom did not get a present from dad and she was "upset" about it too!!! So dad leaves and comes back with perfume - 2 bottles and mom is so very happy too! Then mom mentions that they both were the same kind and dad is so proud and happy to say "they were on sale 2 for the price of one!"

Then mom is mad all over again, and really, really mad!!!!

I can still remember about this too and it has been years and years ago.

But it does make me smile!

Have a great evening all!
Old 10-15-2016, 03:20 PM   #137
Barbo
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Barbo
Stats: 225/145/136
WOE: Low Carb Diabetic Plan
Start Date: August 2005
My JUDDD friends

Vlo I loved your story. You always have interesting things going on in your
life.

Leanne, so glad you liked those biscuits. Lot's of us work our heads off
trying for a sorta like-a biscuit. Never really getting there for lack of gluten,
and if we even get close to it, we have a minor victory.

Happy Anniversary and many more to you.

Thanks for the beautiful vision of fall in the eastern part of the U.S.
Out here in So Cal. coast, we don't exactly have that beautiful scene
of falling orange, yellow red leaves. We have to go up into our mountains
to get it.

I've been practicing for a low carb Thanksgiving (Dr. ordered DH to
go LC) Made a successful stuffing (dressing) Today I am going to
make fresh sugar free cranberry sauce.

Went to Dr. and weighed the same. Goodness we are nearing the close
of Oct. and I'm not at my goal yet.

All my lovely friends, wishing you a very happy weekend and an
even better new week.
Old 10-16-2016, 05:01 AM   #138
Carly

Leona- you had me smiling over that story!!!!

Barbo- You can come here and I'll go to the So. Cal. Coast if you wish to swap. Leaves are nice, but it's getting chilly and it's so dark in both the morning and early evening. I'm NOT a fan!

We are getting ready to head off to the Making Strides 5 mile breast cancer walk. Last year it was a mile from the parking area to the start of the race and the race ends where it starts so a mile back to the car. It turned out to be 7 miles last year. That's a lot even for me. Hope DW can make it. She is getting more energy by the day, but this could be a lot for her.

Old 10-16-2016, 10:34 AM   #139
Vlo1125
Major LCF Poster!

Carly- hope you and dw have a great walk!

Barb- I wish my DH would stick to low carb! Low carb thanksgiving sounds like it's doable, swap out mashed potatoes for mashed cauliflower etc

Leona- cute story! I'd be the opposite! I'm mad when DH spends to much and happy when he gets a deal!

Leanne- thanks! Looks like you had a yummy ud!

So the down day giveth and the up day taketh away .....up 5.2 lbs from yesterday it was a free for all day of gluttony for sure but dang! And what's worse is today has been no better, we went to pumpkin farm and I had hot cider and apple cider donuts. Then we did lunch and I had a burrito I hope I'm not up another 5 tomorrow is all I can say. No matter tomorrow is a dd and I will be doing no food again. Can't wait to see how my week goes with 3 near zero dd's , even with this weekend bloat I'm hoping to see new numbers on the scale. Hope tomorrow's dd isn't super hard coming off all this junk food!
Old 10-16-2016, 04:19 PM   #140
Barbo
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Barbo
Stats: 225/145/136
WOE: Low Carb Diabetic Plan
Start Date: August 2005
OH DEAR VLO

Even being 'near' hot smelly doughnuts and cider makes my knees weak.
Ok.......eat and forgive. Going onto a better day.

Lee made my fluffy biscuits and now all I want is one with sausage and
egg on it....Since it's only two biscuits I may do it.
BTW there is 1 tbs. of Vital Wheat Gluten powder in it and it's 35 calories,
so if you are not doing gluten free, it's a good value as it makes the biscuit
taste wheaty.

Still sad that I am on a tight rope with weight fluctuations constantly.
150,148, 151,149. Oh well. Today is UP but I don't feel like eating, I suppose
tomorrow being a DD I shall be ravenous. Ah the joys

Made a big pot of "Good Morning Chili"...when I was on WW my friend
and I made up this recipe. It has the rich chili taste without 'beans'
it's very meaty. I'll share if anyone wants the recipe. I place it in one
cup ramekins and freeze. It's a good high pro, low carb breakfast.
For DH I put one of my biscuits open face, ladled on some chili and
topped him with two lovely basted eggs. Pass the Cholula.

See you all later.
Old 10-17-2016, 03:50 AM   #141
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/103/100-110
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance.
Start Date: 2011
Barbo - I always enjoy your recipes so I'd like to see the chilli, please

Lots of chaos at home - DH doesn't keep on top of things while I'm staying with my sibling (various therapies still on-going) and I always return home to chaos. I'll have to come up with a way around this because I'm relying on my time at home to recharge my batteries for being with my sibling/work etc.

And although my hands are better than they were (the zero calorie fast days seem to make a substantial difference), I'm still relatively restricted in what I can manage to do at particular times of the day and I haven't enough time when they're OK (and I'm at home) to do all of the necessary chores and maintenance. Baking is still OK as that doesn't take much dexterity as long as I'm very careful with the heat and moving things.
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 04:38 AM   #142
Vlo1125
Major LCF Poster!

Barb- that was my motto this weekend eat and forgive! I really want to try your biscuit recipe but normally avoid gluten, do you think flax meal would
Make a good substitute for the vital wheat gluten?

Slow- anyway to maybe hire someone to help you and DH keep things in order? It was something I always considered when I lived in my own home but never thought I could
afford but can be surprisingly cheap!

So I'm up to 175 after my weekend of gluttony! That's 8 lbs in 2 days! But I'm still zen, I know it's bloat and half the crap( literally) still in my body. Also gotta throw reverse Portia math in there , I was 171 almost all week so if I use that number I've only gained 4 lbs no really I'm ok, I seriously just went way over board and it really reminded me of how I used to eat when I weighed 260 lbs. I feel gross and sick and nasty and am soooooo happy today is a dd! It's rare that I'm happy for a dd but today I am! Can't wait to feel better tomorrow with hopefully at least 5 lbs gone!
Old 10-17-2016, 08:51 AM   #143
FrostyBeav
Major LCF Poster!

It's now been 22 days of strict EOD ADF. I weighed 218.8 this morning after having a UD yesterday (I don't consider weight after a DD "real") and I am down 6 pounds from when I started. On the surface, that isn't terribly impressive. However, being older, sedentary and having a balky thyroid, I've had an extremely difficult time losing weight. It's also roughly 2 lbs a week, which isn't terrible.

I'm actually down 13 lbs from June 1st but I didn't start JUDDD until the end of September. When I am doing well with sticking with a "diet". I always want it to go faster so part of me gets disappointed when the numbers aren't changing as fast as I would like. I need to keep telling myself that if I keep doing this, I will get there eventually.

Sorry if it seems I'm patting myself on the back. I am mostly putting this out there to try to keep from getting discouraged. It really is working, even if in turtle mode.
Old 10-17-2016, 09:35 AM   #144
phoenix17
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: phoenix17
Stats: getting there slowly but surely
WOE: LC, MF and now JUDDD
Hi all!
Vlo- I'm sorry but I had to laugh about your gift. The funny thing is, my mom and sister insisted we stop at a yard sale (they love them, I don't) and Mom was SO proud of picking up a necklace and earring set of pink gemstone butterflies!! I said "ugh mom they are ugly " - so I got an extra chuckle from your story. When I was married (or dating) I used to ask my significant other that rather than exchange gifts, we spend our money on doing something together- so we would splurge on some expensive restaurant, or a weekend trip or something like that. No gifts and it was split expenses so it was the gift of time and memories to each other.

Beowulf and Carly- from those quotes I added I don't know that it is saying that if you are burning fat, you must feel cold, I think it is more saying its a possible side effect of that adrenergic switch. So really related to the act of fasting as opposed to being related to fat burning, if that makes sense.

Frosty- I am jealous of your 2 lbs/week. I am happy if I lose more than 1/week. (although I do 4:3 (3 DDs) so I cant' really complain.) But yes slow and steady wins the race!! Have you ever successfully lost more than 2 lbs/week for more than a week or two and had it stay off?

My weekend was full of foods that are not conducive to weight loss (carby carb carb) but I also had a bit of an upset stomach from something so that sort of helped a little really but I still won't step on the scale until after a DD (I know I have lots of water weight). The visit from family was fun and did quite a bit around the house this weekend, brought DP for several nice walks and a few drives too because the leaves are just spectacular this year. The only good thing about a drought year. So busy busy busy. A great weekend. Next Saturday is my party so this week will be a bit of a challenge as I prep for it (I'm doing a fair amount of cooking). my little experiment from last week (back to back DDs) didn't really result in any loss so I am just going to try to stick to plan this week, despite more work events.

For those of you who know the series Game of Thrones, here is a sample of my menu Pigeon Pie (which is really farm bought frozen chicken and turkey pot pies), Rats on a Stick (think meatballs shaped like rats, molded around a core of cheese on a stick and baked- coated in tomato sauce, a spaghetti tail and rosemary sprigs for whiskers), 3 kinds of hand pies (ground meat and potatoes, mushroom ragout, spinach and artichoke), cheese and crackers, tiny cream and fruit tarts, and my guests are also bringing food. I will definitely NOT be weighing myself next Monday!!
phoenix17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 09:50 AM   #145
FrostyBeav
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Frosty- I am jealous of your 2 lbs/week. I am happy if I lose more than 1/week. (although I do 4:3 (3 DDs) so I cant' really complain.) But yes slow and steady wins the race!! Have you ever successfully lost more than 2 lbs/week for more than a week or two and had it stay off?
Oh, I know intellectually that it is a decent rate. It's just when you are doing something as drastic as not eating every other day, you want it faster.

My usual pattern is usually to lose a lot quickly at first and in fits and starts after that - like 8-10 lbs the first week, nothing for a couple of weeks, then 2-3 lbs, then nothing, etc. I know this is a lot more real. I was just posting it to squash the nagging voice in my head that it isn't working like I hoped.
Old 10-17-2016, 10:38 AM   #146
Partyof8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Partyof8
Stats: 348/231/170
WOE: Low Carb, Intermittent Fasting
Start Date: Began journey March '14 Break '15 restart: Jan '16
Hey ladies,
Just wanted to check in. We had a tornado hit us last Friday, and I binge ate all weekend long waiting for a horrible storm that did not show up. haha
Having some marital issues I'm trying to think of a way to resolve.

I never realized I have a husband who expects me home 24/7. I organized a womans craft night monthly, even. I've been doing my best to do wholesome activities, but nothing is good enough.
He is reminding me so much of my mother. He'll sit and play his pc game and then after I get the kids asleep, I'm still not allowed "free" time.
He has really just been off in his personality so much that I have even been researching beginner Alzheimers or something. Just volatile and ugly.
I dont want to air my dirty laundry, but I am just really frustrated with real life..
Trying to keep on top of the anxiety and depression. I quit taking the 5htp and so I started it again, but its not working as quick this second time.

238 - same as a month ago and same as last week. I have been neglecting self care. Diet, everything. I just cant keep on top of everything in this house, and putting myself last means I am not even getting a shower but once every few days.

Going to make today a good day, even if it kills me.
Much love to all

Restart after baby: 285 on 1/18/16 - lost 54 pounds since!
117 pounds total
Today, I will just do my very best.
Partyof8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 10:52 AM   #147
SpunkiMama
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SpunkiMama
Stats: sw:210 cw: 210 gw 126
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: 9/28/2016
I'm Back!

Well I have returned from my mini vacation, and I can honestly say I DID NOT CHEAT AT ALL (food wise lol), I did have probably one to many alcoholic beverages. I have been 110% on plan, this is week 3.

I truly do not have an "official" weigh in, because apparently the scale I had previously didn't work accurately... I have this thing of weighing 3 times in a row and take 2 out of the 3 for my weigh-in... the old scale had me at 214, 196, 242 , these weights were within minutes apart and yes on a flat surface (not a carpet)...therefore... it was trashed and I purchased a new scale this morning prior to work.
So After being 100% LC , now for week 3... My SW is 210.5, and I am ok with that. I'm ok with it taking a while to see small numbers, and I'm ok with just being ok. I know I am on plan and I know in time my body will catch up to my brain.....

I have tons of work to catch up on , from being off on Friday, I will check back in later on, and see how everyone is doing...

I just wanted to take 5min to check-in, give and update.

Have a great day everyone!

SW: 210.5
CW: 210.5
GW: 130.0
SpunkiMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 11:18 AM   #148
Vlo1125
Major LCF Poster!

Katie- hugs my friend. Like I've said before I can relate to husband thing. I feel like I'm the bad guy whenever I choose to go out with friends or Have some semblance of a life. Have you tried including DH? Maybe he feels left out? I would invite mine all the time but he never wants to.....so not the case with mine ,but worth a shot. I think your DH is just used to the you that didn't want to leave the house and can not reconcile it with the new you whose ready to be social and live life. Do take care of yourself and put you first sometimes, I know how hard that must be with all the kids but he needs to help you at least have 5 minutes to take a shower! As far as airing dirty laundry go for it, I do all the time were all friends here and maybe others advice can help! My anniversary weekend was spent hashing out all the things he feels I do wrong ,so I feel like I can't win either sometimes :/

Frosty- I can relate I feel like if I'm starving myself every other day I expect to see big results!

Phoenix- you put so much thought and detail into your party menu sounds like so much fun! Lol at your moms garage sale find! Seriously I wonder if that's not where he picked the darn thing up!

Spunki- congrats on staying on plan!

Last edited by Vlo1125; 10-17-2016 at 11:19 AM..
Old 10-17-2016, 11:26 AM   #149
Vlo1125
Major LCF Poster!

2:30 and I'm still not hungry ......so you know I def over did it this weekend cause I'm
Usually starving by now! I did my kettle bell excercise which I haven't been as diligent about lately ,and I also took a detox bath to help purge some of the junk from the weekend! I'll be going to derby for the first time in 3 weeks tonight too so that should be interesting completely fasting.....
Old 10-17-2016, 12:50 PM   #150
Carly

Katie- Please take good care of yourself

Phoenix- Your party food sounds great and very creative!

Vlo- I ate too much when I was in Florida and despite EOD rotations the 4 ish pounds won't budge- so frustrating!!!!!

Frosty- I know you know, but 6 pounds is great!

Slow- can you and your DH come to some sort of agreement about what he will do so that you are not left with so much when you get back from your sibling's home?

Barbo- sorry the scale has been such a pest!

Hi to anyone I missed.