Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 10-26-2016, 04:51 PM   #241
FrostyBeav
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: FrostyBeav
Stats: 231/217/160
WOE: EOD JUDDD
Start Date: 9/25/16
Quote:
Originally Posted by taramisu View Post
Wow, Frosty, you're hardcore! In the best possible way! 13 weeks is awesome.
I'm just tired of being fat. Also, I lose slow enough that if futz around until the end of the year, I don't have enough time to lose much before springtime rolls around. I can't afford to waste the next two months.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-26-2016, 04:53 PM   #242
Carly
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/126.8/125 5'1" 41yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD- maintaining since 2/2013
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix17 View Post
Ouch Carly. what do they do to treat a torn achilles tendon?
Well, it depends... Might need surgery, I may need to wear a boot for a while or physical therapy might help. I guess we will have some sort of idea after the MRI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by taramisu View Post
I've found DDs difficult lately, because I'm not in a good routine. Still doing them, but relying too much on exercise to keep the numbers in check. Wish I didn't let vacations/trips derail me so much... and here come the holidays! *Home Alone scream*
I always say- I can never out exercise my mouth. The numbers are never is the favor of exercise counteracting overeating- sad, but true.

I have been doing strict EOD since getting back from FL on the 8th, but haven't lost a single pound, so I'll do a round of Stillman's starting Saturday or Sunday and try to make it through Friday, but I know I normally tank on day 4 or 5.

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 05:27 AM   #243
Kissa

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/120/120 5'3" Age 70
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2002 Atkins 2011 JUDDD 2016 BSD/JUDDD
Hope that MRI helps them make up their minds the best route to take Carly. Sorry you are still fighting the Florida weight.

I am happy with my weight right now, seems so strange to say that! All month I have hovered around 122 which is amazing for me. Usually this would be a huge struggle. But it seems that generally eating one meal a day on my UDs and getting in as many fasting DDs as life allows me is really pleasing my metabolism. I am generally eating moderate carbs, but definitely not low carb.

My lovely DD MintQ8 has now lost 70lbs.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Hunger is not an emergency.

It's not what you eat between Christmas and New Year that makes you fat, it's what you eat between New Year and Christmas.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 06:13 AM   #244
p0rtia
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: p0rtia
Stats: 5'7" 307/170/150-160
WOE: ex-Atkins; low cal/low carb + 4:3 JUDDD
Start Date: May 22, 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostyBeav View Post
I'm just tired of being fat. Also, I lose slow enough that if futz around until the end of the year, I don't have enough time to lose much before springtime rolls around. I can't afford to waste the next two months.
O.M.G. What, are we twins?

I've been meaning to post about short periods where weight loss is the goal and periods where maintaining is the goal. For me, if I hope to lose 4 to 7 lb in a month, I usually lose it in a ten day period, and just maintain the rest of the time (mood, social life, whatever). For me, I think you gotta carve out and take advantage of the stretches of time when weight loss is doable, and minimize the times when the best you can do is maintain.

Though for me, winter is the best time to lose weight, as I'm in Florida playing tennis, gardening, and biking. From now till New Years, I'd be happy to lose 3-4 lb a month. From Jan to May, double that.
Old 10-27-2016, 06:21 AM   #245
p0rtia
Major LCF Poster!

So I'm working up a Netrition order (running out of my Walden Farms chocolate syrup, among other things). Gonna try the oat fiber. Anybody else have any low cal low carb faves?

Old 10-27-2016, 07:56 AM   #246
Vlo1125
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Vlo1125
Stats: 263/159.2/155
WOE: Primal w/ JUDDD
Start Date: 2013
Carly- hope you can avoid surgery!

Kissa- so glad for you to be in you happy place with weight!

Portia- def got to take advantage of those losing periods for sure! I have no doubt in my mind that you'll do just fine with your goals in the next several months!

Frosty- I'm sick of being fat too lol! I think the goal you've set out is hardcore too! I would love to do eod thru xmas but I hate having dd's on the weekend, just interferes with family time a lot. My goal is to stop gaining so darn much back on the weekends!

Phoenix- I'm in the same boat of dealing with anxiety and depression, it's not fun and it's making my life very unpleasant right now .I hope you can shake these feeling soon! Lots of good ideas for challenges, committing to a challenge is always a way to shake things up and recommit!

Leanne-thanks for the breathing tips, I will try it then next time I feel a panic attack coming on!

Tara- at least it's only up 4 lbs! Do whatever you have to do to get yourself back on track, cause you are right.....holidays are quickly approaching and that always hard to come out of without weight gain!

165 , so only a 3 lb drop after my dd. I pretty much had zero sleep last night which was I'm sure a combo of it being a dd and my anxiety. Again situational so I'm hoping to be over it soon but in the interim I feel horrible. :/ having my coffee with gelatin but haven't eaten yet today. I have a dentist appointment in 30 minutes so I'll probably eat later after I get home from that. Ttyl!

Last edited by Vlo1125; 10-27-2016 at 07:57 AM..
Vlo1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 08:16 AM   #247
Carly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
I am happy with my weight right now, seems so strange to say that! All month I have hovered around 122 which is amazing for me. Usually this would be a huge struggle. But it seems that generally eating one meal a day on my UDs and getting in as many fasting DDs as life allows me is really pleasing my metabolism. I am generally eating moderate carbs, but definitely not low carb.

My lovely DD MintQ8 has now lost 70lbs.
I'm so pleased for you and Vicky! For the last 18 months it has been much harder to maintain and for that matter to lose 4-5 pounds than ever before. Just can figure out what the deal is

Hugs for those struggling with depression and or anxiety. That is no fun at all. I have had periods of both in the past and hope to never go through that again if possible. However, life being what it is- it may not be fully avoidable. Good coping skills are worth their weight in gold.

Today I'm very tired and cold. This, by far, is my least favorite state of being. Oh, well, I'm sure i'll live. Very grateful for my little heater, which is blasting right now.

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

Old 10-27-2016, 09:04 AM   #248
FrostyBeav
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: FrostyBeav
Stats: 231/217/160
WOE: EOD JUDDD
Start Date: 9/25/16
Quote:
Originally Posted by p0rtia View Post
I've been meaning to post about short periods where weight loss is the goal and periods where maintaining is the goal. For me, if I hope to lose 4 to 7 lb in a month, I usually lose it in a ten day period, and just maintain the rest of the time (mood, social life, whatever). For me, I think you gotta carve out and take advantage of the stretches of time when weight loss is doable, and minimize the times when the best you can do is maintain.
That's a nice way to think about it. For me, it isn't that I can't lose weight in the summer; it's just that I have a closet full of smaller shorts and T shirts and I haven't been able to wear them in a few years. Every January, I vow I am going to be able to fit in them and then the warm weather rolls around and I am still in fat clothes. Not happening this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlo1125 View Post
Frosty- I'm sick of being fat too lol! I think the goal you've set out is hardcore too! I would love to do eod thru xmas but I hate having dd's on the weekend, just interferes with family time a lot. My goal is to stop gaining so darn much back on the weekends!
EOD is definitely easier now that our boys are off at college. We plan meals for my UDs and then my wife just does her own thing on my DDs. Before, when the boys were home, it was harder to schedule around their having meals every day. It shouldn't have been hard for me to just not eat on those days but it was, for some reason. For one thing, if it was something I liked, I didn't have much of a chance of it still being there the next day, with two hungry teen-aged boys in the house.

Another thing that helps now is I have zero social life.

I tried doing a 4:3 so I could eat on weekends but it didn't work so well, though I wasn't doing zero calorie fast days then. Maybe when I get close to goal, I will try that.
Old 10-27-2016, 09:08 AM   #249
p0rtia
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix17 View Post
Maybe we should come up with some sort of holiday challenge to help us all balance the eating/partying? I'm not really sure what at the moment but something like "strict eod rotations for 6 days before and after" or "eat what you want at the event for only 4 hours and fast the rest of the day" or something like that.
I too like this idea. If you start a thread for Holiday Season 2016, I'll be one who posts there. Maybe not so much a two month challenge (so easy to fail) and more short-term? Leading up to T-Giving; The T Weekend?

Like others, I'm already thinking of strategies--with calendar in hand. I think such a thread would be informative as well as supportive.

Old 10-27-2016, 09:23 AM   #250
p0rtia
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostyBeav View Post

I tried doing a 4:3 so I could eat on weekends but it didn't work so well, though I wasn't doing zero calorie fast days then. Maybe when I get close to goal, I will try that.
I believe that doing an MD on Saturdays has given my 4:3 a boost (I've down 3 lb this week). Previously I would always bounce up quite a bit after the weekend. Or maybe it's the LC. Anyway, I'm doing:

DD: 450 on M, W, F (often 350)
MD: 1200 on Sa
UD: 1850 on T, Th, Su (Sunday is often 2000.

These target numbers are straight from the JUDDD calculator at little or no exercise (which is not true) and 25% restriction.

If I select "light exercise 1-3 days a week" (which is accurate) and 20%, my numbers jump to 2100/525. I'd like to think I could lose weight with these numbers + LC doing 4:3, but I hesitate to try, especially now when I'm in the mood and the 180s are just around the next corner. Y'all know how it goes.

Old 10-27-2016, 11:15 AM   #251
Kissa

I love your commitment Frosty, it can be done and you are doing it.

pOrtia, I think many people would love your T challenge. As we don't have Thanksgiving here I won't be there, except to encourage. You are doing so well with your calories. Looks perfect to me.

Carly isn't it strange how our bodies challenge us? Seem a couple of years ago you could just throw off the pounds and mine were stuck like glue. Now it is the other way about. I am so sorry you are struggling. Keep warm and take good care of yourself.

Vlo, I am so sorry you are having a difficult time. It can't be easy sharing your in law's home bless you. I have never had depression, but watching my DD1 go through h*ll two and a half years ago, brought home to me what a dreadful thing it is. But hey, you are doing so well with these DDs, bet you see a great drop next time.

It's not what you eat between Christmas and New Year that makes you fat, it's what you eat between New Year and Christmas.
Old 10-27-2016, 03:05 PM   #252
chewiegand
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Hi again. Day 2 of being in control. Did fasting till some scrambled eggs yesterday evening. Felt so much better. Bloat is going away. Spent half the day in the bathroom. lol
I WILL Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Phillipians 4:13
God's Delay does not mean God's Denial
PROGRESS not perfection!!!!
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 12:38 AM   #253
gotitnow
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
WOE: JUDDD
((((((HUGS))))) to each one of you, whether it be for someone struggling in any

way (you have my compassion), or for doing so well!! All of you, whether you

"know" me or not, have my support, and i follow your journeys with much interest!

I can tell you it is soooo worth your every effort.

Phyl
gotitnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 01:39 AM   #254
Kissa

So lovely to see your smiling face Phl. Often think of you .

Old 10-28-2016, 06:34 AM   #255
p0rtia
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Hi again. Day 2 of being in control. Did fasting till some scrambled eggs yesterday evening. Felt so much better. Bloat is going away. Spent half the day in the bathroom. lol

So great to bank the days, isn't it? Every day on plan is an investment in the future. Go Chewie!

Old 10-28-2016, 07:16 AM   #256
chewiegand
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
TGIF. Tough week but made some huge changes. Finally feeling better and in control on Day 3. Lost 8 pounds and I know it's just water but the bloated feeling is going away and it's just great. Tomorrow I'm hoping to clean out my pantry and organize all my low carb baking supplies to make it easier to make things and get rid of the stupid moths in there. I have a big laundry room attached to the garage that has a bunch of kitchen cabinets. That's where I store my baking stuff. I bought a bunch of glass and plastic containers to transfer the stuff that's not infested. YUCKKKKKKK
I WILL Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Phillipians 4:13
God's Delay does not mean God's Denial
PROGRESS not perfection!!!!
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 12:03 PM   #257
Carly

Sounds like you are off to a great start Chewie!!! 8 pounds is awesome!!!!

Hi Phyl

Very happy it is Friday. I have 2 more meetings then I'm out of here.

I have a long evening ahead of me though so need to drink more coffee. It is just so darn cold here that I took a 15 minute walk at lunch and came back inside- yuck!!! Wind, cold, blah...

Old 10-29-2016, 06:28 AM   #258
Vlo1125
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks to all of your kind words, makes me feel good to have caring friends here!
Starting to feel a little better , well at least I had a good night's sleep last night. Hope I can snap out of this soon and be back to my normal self.

I had a big whoosh after my dd , 161.8! That's a total of 102 lbs down! I haven't been this low in 18 months and even then it was a couple Days and I started gaining again. I hope I can get thru this weekend with minimal damage! I'm so close to the 150's I can taste it! I haven't seen that in almost 13 years so it'll be so awesome to reach my goal! Hope you all have a awesome Halloween weekend!

Last edited by Vlo1125; 10-29-2016 at 06:29 AM..
Old 10-29-2016, 06:53 AM   #259
Beowulf
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Beowulf
Stats: 148/142/130# 5'6" 60yrs
WOE: LC+IF
Start Date: Jan 2018 Stillman’s plus IF
Vlo - Congrats on passing 100lbs shed!
Beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 07:35 AM   #260
janetaz
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: janetaz
Stats: 198/189/135 restart 208.5/189/155
WOE: JUDDD/Fung Protocol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beowulf View Post
Vlo - Congrats on passing 100lbs shed!
OH MY GOODNESS YES!!!!!!! It's still a bit early in my time zone and I posted on the daily weight thread because of the great losses this month!!! It took a few moments to realize the other loss!!

Vlo!! Congratulations on the 100 lb loss!!!!
janetaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 09:05 AM   #261
Carly

Vlo-

Old 10-29-2016, 10:51 AM   #262
p0rtia
Major LCF Poster!

Vlo!!!! :jump joy:

Soooo happy for you. I'll be pulling for you this weekend as you look ahead to the 150s. You've got in your hand. Hold tight!

: heart:
Old 10-29-2016, 02:54 PM   #263
Leanne21071
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Leanne21071
Stats: 233/152/125-130
WOE: Weight Watchers, IF and knowledgeable
Start Date: restart Dec 8 2014 nov 2017
Vlo you are Amazing!!
This time is forever Thanks to JUDDD!!!!(and Fung)and low carb friends!
1st mini goal 134.9 Done!
2nd major goal 124.9. 10/25
3rd ultimate and final goal 120ish 11/18
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-maintain.html

Last edited by Leanne21071; 10-29-2016 at 02:57 PM..
Leanne21071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 11:10 PM   #264
Barbo
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Barbo
Stats: 225/145/136
WOE: Low Carb Diabetic Plan
Start Date: August 2005
Vlo

May I add my....

This is fabulous......
Old 10-30-2016, 06:19 AM   #265
gotitnow
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
WOE: JUDDD
Doin the happy dance for Vlo!!!!!!!

Phyl
gotitnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 06:57 AM   #266
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/103/100-110
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance.
Start Date: 2011
Fly-by to say I'm missing you and this JB forum.

Ill sibling along with my ill DH (food-poisoning from a business trip). Otherwise, things are fine.

Vio - many congratulations on the 100lbs
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 09:14 AM   #267
Kissa

WTG Vlo, 100 lbs is awesome.

Chewy I am glad you are feeling better, so nice to get rid of the bloat. Sorting through you baking goods will feel great to. I love a clear out.

Sorry you are so cold Carly. Hope you are having a good weekend.

I was at the most wonderful wedding yesterday, a friend we have known since I was in my twenties married his sweetheart on her birthday. He is 90 and she was 75. They have only known each other 6 months or so but it was a total joy to be with them and share their and their families' joy. Life affirming day. (Ate and drank too much and had a huge cooked breakfast this morning....)

Old 10-30-2016, 11:01 AM   #268
Vlo1125
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks so much everyone! I hit this goal before but I always have a hard time keeping it so that will be the other test!

Kissa- how sweet!

Was contemplating making today a dd , but I was hungrier than usual all
Morning, perhaps because I ate so much yesterday! We went to a Brazilian steak place and I thought for sure I'd be up several pounds but I was only up 1! I did get sick after and went to the bathroom several times so that could have something to do with it Today going to try for an md 1200 calories LC. Went to my daughter's Girl Scout party this morning , cookies, cupcake, candy galore! I had coffee
Old 10-30-2016, 11:04 AM   #269
deanslist
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: deanslist
Stats: 5'3.5" 185/126.4/120-123
WOE: Protein Power, mod fat and low carb
Start Date: 1999 (Atkins) Lost most of my weight
Congratulations Vlo! That's so awesome to see how the zero cal down days helped get you moving toward your goal. You're so close now!

Melissa's Headroom
http://lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=889720

Desperately Seeking Balance
http://lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=890147
deanslist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 11:49 AM   #270
Carly

Hi All!

Slow- sorry about all the illness surrounding you

Cindy- that was a lovely story. Glad you had a wonderful time.

The weather here is just lovely today. Wish it could stay like this all winter. I started Stillman's today to try to shake this vacation weight, which I couldn't shake with EOD rotations. I'd like to make it through Friday, but time will tell.