Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 11-01-2016, 10:09 AM   #1
Bluebelle
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bluebelle
Stats: 208/193/150 5'3"
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: March 1st, 2017
Q from a JUDDD newbie! When your UD/DD schedule is disrupted...

Hi all,

I have tried to find this question answered in the stickies but no use....I also think this is something that only experienced JUDDDers can answer.

Let's say you're in this hypothetical scenario:

It's Sunday, a down day. You have just found out that on Tuesday, there's a work dinner (and there is no way you can get away with just 500 calories*). But Tuesday is supposed to be your next down day.

What do you do? (I am assuming you do something, I just don't know what!).
1) Do you do another DD on Monday?
2) Do you continue as normal (e.g. UD on Monday, and then inevitable UD on Tuesday because of the dinner)?
3) Something else?

*I know some of you are about to reply "Just order a salad at the dinner and you can stay below 500 calories", but let's be real: we all have those events in our lives where it is just impossible to stay under 500. In my case, work dinners usually start early and end late, and there are several courses, and senior managers who get offended when you don't eat.

This isn't about a binge or going off-track on the diet, it is about what do you do when things are going great, and you're on plan, but then an UD-perfect event is scheduled to happen on a DD?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 11-01-2016, 10:27 AM   #2
Strawberrypop
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Strawberrypop
Stats: 139/127/120 Height 5ft6"
Start Date: 2012
Personally I'd either just go for a slightly medium day on the Tuesday, don't eat as much during the day and then enjoy your dinner OR just have a double up day and have the Down Day Wed.
Strawberrypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 10:38 AM   #3
Leo41
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
The plan's 'developer' Dr. Johnson suggests that any adjustments to an EOD schedule are best on via a "medium day" (MD). So if Sunday is a DD, do Monday as a MD (which would be the calorie average of your DD/UD), Tuesday as an UD, and the keep on.

I never did true alternation because I wanted 'fixed' days for DDs (for my sanity), and I did a MD to balance each week. It worked for me.

I also used the MD if I needed to adjust my schedule, but I recall only needing to do that twice in 2 years.
Leo41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 11:08 AM   #4
Bluebelle
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strawberrypop View Post
Personally I'd either just go for a slightly medium day on the Tuesday, don't eat as much during the day and then enjoy your dinner OR just have a double up day and have the Down Day Wed.
Thanks!! I am trying to avoid two UD in a row because feel that it will totally throw me off the rails.
Old 11-01-2016, 11:08 AM   #5
Bluebelle
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo41 View Post
The plan's 'developer' Dr. Johnson suggests that any adjustments to an EOD schedule are best on via a "medium day" (MD). So if Sunday is a DD, do Monday as a MD (which would be the calorie average of your DD/UD), Tuesday as an UD, and the keep on.

I never did true alternation because I wanted 'fixed' days for DDs (for my sanity), and I did a MD to balance each week. It worked for me.

I also used the MD if I needed to adjust my schedule, but I recall only needing to do that twice in 2 years.

Thanks Leo super helpful!
Old 11-01-2016, 11:35 AM   #6
Carly
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/130/125 5'1" 41yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD- maintaining since 2/2013
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
As Leo said it's best to use a MD (60% maintenance level on Dr. Johnson's calculator).

It is also advisable as Leo said to do DD, MD, UD (think small, medium, large).

Also, as Leo stated I think I used a MD 2-3 times during my 11 months of WLM. I did not really like MDs. I felt that they were just kind of miserable and I usually saw a slow down after using one, but everyone is different and some people who like fixed DDs use a MD every week, so it's a YMMV kind of thing.

It is also fine to have 2 UD and move along (assuming you don't have events that pop up every week.).

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote