Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 04-25-2017, 04:25 AM   #661
Mick6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mick6
Stats: 228.8/204.9/140
WOE: gluten free/ low carb
Start Date: 01/01/2017
Good morning lovelys!!! Wow was I having crazy dreams whenI woke up Silly scale decided to jump up 3 pounds. Dumb toy! No worries as it is just water and I have 5 days until the weigh in for the contest.

I just looked and see until the end of June we still have about 8 weeks. Plenty of time to make some serious progress!!! Any particular thing you are looking forward to being able to wear more comfortably this summer? For me its anything tight enough to show all the back fat. Ive still got it but Ive got less and plan to have less by the end of June!

I'm going to enjoy today after work with the decent weather

I hope you all have a fabulous day!!
Mick6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-2017, 06:18 AM   #662
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MichelleHu
Stats: 257/220/140
WOE: LC/GF Fung Fasting
Start Date: 12/1/2001 then 5/29/13 restart 12/29/16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick6 View Post
Good morning lovelys!!! Wow was I having crazy dreams whenI woke up Silly scale decided to jump up 3 pounds. Dumb toy! No worries as it is just water and I have 5 days until the weigh in for the contest.

I just looked and see until the end of June we still have about 8 weeks. Plenty of time to make some serious progress!!! Any particular thing you are looking forward to being able to wear more comfortably this summer? For me its anything tight enough to show all the back fat. Ive still got it but Ive got less and plan to have less by the end of June!
5 days is plenty of time to drop excess water weight. I hate my scale, particularly now. And sodium swings I think I will call that. And it doesn't even have to be that much salt. How many are still in the contest? 8 weeks is lots of time.
MichelleHu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 06:36 AM   #663
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member

Feeling pretty good today. Haven't eaten so I don't know if I can taste anything yet. Probably do potatos I really want some progress by the end of the month.

Dd1 had a few days off and bounced up a few lbs. so she has decided to do the BOA for 3 days. She says that's right up her alley. She was thinking fruits and veg for 3 days but I told her how stinkin hungry you get doing that. And she is one girl who cannot be hungry. I've been wanting to try BOA so I'm pretty excited to see what it does on a person who doesn't have much to lose. Vanity lbs really. If she loses 5-7 more it won't put her in a too skinny area, but for sure it will be harder to take those lbs off so this should be interesting. She cooked up a lb of bacon last night. I filled my water and stole a piece and she showed up 1/2 an hour later in my room accusing me of stealing bacon! The gall on that kid! I admitted to my crime. Not sure it's possible to walk by fresh perfectly cooked bacon and not take a piece! Told her to get her official weigh in this morn so she has an accurate start for me.

Driving lesson this afternoon I think, babysitting all day. But no babysitting wed and Thur. Too bad the weather is changing to yuck again. So will be working inside on the cottage on my non baby days. I hear my best friend is up now. That girl is not quiet.

I have a bunch of really awesome tank tops I bought a few years ago and barely got to wear before I started gaining again. I barely got into them at 190. So I'm hoping sometime this summer at least by the end of summer I can get into them. And then guess what if I finish losing the weight by the next summer? They won't fit they will be huge on me! ill wear them anyways!
Old 04-25-2017, 06:47 AM   #664
GailyGail
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GailyGail
Stats: 200/150/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2, 2012
Michelle -- LOL about the bacon! What is BOA? It sounds really interesting. You will look amazing in those tank tops by the time summer rolls around.

Mick, I hear you about the back fat -- I have a ton of it along with a tummy. Even when I am at my skinniest, I still have a bit of back fat. Arggh! I'd like to wear these cute little sun dresses and sleeveless tops this summer.

Busy day at work today and then I have to go to a benefit tonight at the Museum of Fine Arts. My friend really wanted to go -- it is a new exhibit followed by a cocktail party. My poor friend had to move back home with her parents because her mom is suffering from Alzheimer's and requires constant care. She also works full-time and then she cares for her mom during the evenings and weekends and rarely gets a night out. When she called and invited me to this benefit, I could not say no. She's a good person too.

Thankfully one of my nice size 10 dresses fit perfectly so that's good. I wish I was skinnier but I'm doing the best I can and the weight is coming off. I can't expect much more than that at my age! Hope you guys have an excellent day! xo
GailyGail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 10:54 AM   #665
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member

Got in a order of 5000 ties. So today that moves to the top of the list so we can get them online in the stores. Violet is "helping" separate them. Then we have to bag them, tag them, count them, take pics, sku them, then the listings go on. It will be a week before done. That should keep me busy and out of the sugar! Gonna want some wine tonight it's hard on the back and hips. Good grief, please keep me outta the wine so I can make progress!!

Edited to add ~ BOA is bacon,olive, avocado

Last edited by MichelleHu; 04-25-2017 at 10:55 AM..
Old 04-26-2017, 04:32 PM   #666
Dimply
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Dimply
Stats: 251/219/125 31.75" lost
WOE: Atkins/IF

Add me to the scales are evil club. I at my highest in over 2 weeks for no reason at all It stays in the same place at all times to avoid the ups & downs that happen from moving it an inch, like Michelle's. So annoying. It only gets moved with the floor is cleaned, and then lined back up with the pattern in the tile. And before you ask, yes, I am slightly OCD

My headache is back, & it's a combo of sinus pressure & stress, so it is going all the way around my head. /DimplyWhiner
Dimply is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 05:04 PM   #667
GailyGail
Major LCF Poster!

Michelle, wow -- 5000 ties! BOA sounds delicious too. So cute that Violet helps you!

Welcome back, Dimply! We missed you. No, you are not a whiner. And even if you did want to whine, whine away! We are here for you.

First sending healing vibes your way - the headache/sinus combo sounds awful and we all sympathize with you.

The benefit at the Museum last night was nice. There was an open bar but instead of hors d'oeuvres they had a light dinner buffet -- poached salmon, sautéed shrimp, green salad, beef tenderloin, rice balls, fancy chocolate dessert bar. I took a small portion of salmon and green salad and then went off to look at the Botticelli and Matisse exhibits.

Hope everyone is well. Let's not get discouraged. We ARE losing weight and inches. We can do this!
Old 04-26-2017, 05:58 PM   #668
Mick6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mick6
Stats: 228.8/204.9/140
WOE: gluten free/ low carb
There was sure some off stuff happening today. Im just hoping it doesnt involve me being in charge the next few weeks! EEEKKKK! Fingers crossed! The district is doing a special event for the senators so I will be working 11 days in a row by the time I have a day off next Fri. I might be a tired puppy! Fingers crossed Im not absorbing the leads hours on top of it. I just keep thinking " more vacation money!"

Im under the weight goal for the contest by 8 oz when I weighed after work. I forgot to do the token weigh in this morning for a chance to win a weekly prize so I did it after work. I was down under the June 1 goal for the contest before the silly scale jump. No worries!

I pulled a t shirt out of the tote I had saved from a trip years ago to Disney and washed it. It fit

I was thinking about our trip south in June. I will have to so some planning to be sure I stay on plan. As we all know vacation eats can pack on the pounds. I think the final weigh in for the contest is 7/1.

DIMPLY~ Im sorry to hear you have the headache sinus stuff. I'd whine too. It hurts! I hope you feel better soon! We need to beat those scales with an ax. In all honesty they only tell a fraction of the story and not the most important fraction.

GAIL~ Im glad you had a good time at the museum! It sounds lovely. What a nice menu to pick from for a low carber. Real food I think all art is facinating but especially from the Renaissance period. Yeah on fitting in the 10! I bet you looked smashing!

Im sorry to hear about your friends mom. It is a heart breaking disease. I had two close family members go through it.

MICHELLE~ Wow oh wow that is a lot of ties! I hope you are not too sore after working on it. BOA does sound good! Of course you will be rocking those tank tops before you know it!! UMMMM.... Isnt a law or something that one must snitch a piece of bacon if you see it?

Todays eats:

BPC

tuna/ half an avocado/ mayo/ cucumber

pizza bake/ protein fluff
Mick6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 09:47 AM   #669
GailyGail
Major LCF Poster!

Wow, Mick, you are super busy. Good for you for staying on plan during a busy work period. So glad the shirt fit -- see, your hard work IS paying off!

I am not feeling great so I may leave work early and go work from home. I may also pick up a take out order at one of our favorite places near our home so I don't have to cook. We know the owner (who also believes in low carb) and we will make low carb dishes for us. The last time, he made us pork chops stuffed with bacon, gouda cheese and a small amount of figs with a creamy port wine sauces that was out of this world.
Old 04-27-2017, 11:36 AM   #670
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member

Ugh didn't do boa, I have been exhausted, couldn't even keep my eyes open. Now sinuses are wrecking havoc, don't even want to get out of bed and I pretty much haven't. Just going to rest and try t get my energy back. Seems the rest of the house is tired too. DH asleep on couch. Dd1 complaining of sinus pressure too. So ugh! Hang in there you guys. I'm not worrying till I feel better.
Old 04-27-2017, 02:07 PM   #671
GailyGail
Major LCF Poster!

Ugh, Michelle, so sorry. Sending healing vibes your way.