Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 04-27-2017, 06:13 AM   #241
Bluebelle
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bluebelle
Stats: 208/193/150 5'3"
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: March 1st, 2017
Yesterday's UD at 2500 calories - made a wonderful dinner (mashed potatoes, broiled chicken, roasted carrots, with a lot of butter and garlic). Had a small glass of red wine too.

I need to get these UD lower - to at least 2200. Obviously, I am losing even on 2500 calories, but I would rather stick to JUDDD guidelines as much as possible, and realize I will need to begin shaving off calories as I lose more.

Today is DD. Tons of work again (although this week has gone by rather quickly).

How is everyone doing?

In JUDDD World, the worst thing you'll ever hear is 'You can have the chocolate cake, tomorrow.'
Bluebelle is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-27-2017, 06:20 AM   #242
Bluebelle
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
Just a quick fly-by, but I need to give 2 thumbs up for Enlightened Birthday Cake ice cream (pint). It's 280 for the full pint and I think I like it more than my beloved Halo Top Lemon Cake.

Last night for my DD bedtime snack I didn't feel in the mood for a salad or a SmartOne, so I had a serving of this and it hit the spot. I went to bed a happy camper.
Just looked up Halo Top - WOW! I wish they sold it here.

In JUDDD World, the worst thing you'll ever hear is 'You can have the chocolate cake, tomorrow.'
Old 04-27-2017, 06:46 AM   #243
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/105/100-108
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance.
Start Date: 2011
I'm sure this is related to my recent-ish concussion etc. but I have to admit that I'm actively craving granola and some of the crispier muesli mixes. I know that I like granola but I wonder if there's a small perturbation in the brain glucose need that is manifesting as a desire for (what for me are) sweet carbs

It might be a coincidence but I'm interested as to whether other people experience this after a mild head injury.
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 06:55 AM   #244
Bluebelle
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSure View Post
I'm sure this is related to my recent-ish concussion etc. but I have to admit that I'm actively craving granola and some of the crispier muesli mixes. I know that I like granola but I wonder if there's a small perturbation in the brain glucose need that is manifesting as a desire for (what for me are) sweet carbs

It might be a coincidence but I'm interested as to whether other people experience this after a mild head injury.
SlowSure - that's a good thing to crave, as far as sweet carbs go!

Old 04-27-2017, 07:05 AM   #245
phoenix17
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: phoenix17
Stats: getting there slowly but surely
WOE: LC, MF and now JUDDD
Slow- its not a head injury but I get wicked cravings for sweets after a migraine. Of course I have a sweet tooth anyway so I suppose I am not the best example! I think you normally avoid carbs and sweets yes? maybe your body is telling you it wants a little extra fuel for repairs.

Bluebelle if you are losing weight on your UD calories right now I suppose you can wait to adjust until you stop losing weight. are you starting to monitor now?

Carly- I'll keep my eye out for the Enlightened! Is it as expensive as the HT? That can be like $5.99 a pint! Thats even more expensive than Ben & Jerry's!

My latest effort at controlling my sugar intake is Jelly Belly Jelly Beans. They are tiny little bombs of flavor and sugar and I can eat 10 of them, slowly, for only 45 calories. I just brought a little baggy of them to work hoping to stop my desire to eat those white chocolate cranberry cookies that I love.

I am a little worried about my DP. He has been acting a little depressed lately (as in not as active) and last night he only ate part of his food. He also didn't want to walk and went right to sleep. All very unlike him. He just had those two vaccinations so I wonder if he developed a low grade illness related to one or both of them. He also growled at me this morning when I tried to get him out of the car for daycare - he was refusing to move. He NEVER does that. So now I am just worried about him. He is my little furbaby.

Need to run off to a coffee meeting. I normally like a reason to get out of the office for a work related reason but today it is just bad timing. sigh. oh well it will at least distract me from worrying about DP.
phoenix17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 07:41 AM   #246
Bluebelle
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix17 View Post
Slow- its not a head injury but I get wicked cravings for sweets after a migraine. Of course I have a sweet tooth anyway so I suppose I am not the best example! I think you normally avoid carbs and sweets yes? maybe your body is telling you it wants a little extra fuel for repairs.

Bluebelle if you are losing weight on your UD calories right now I suppose you can wait to adjust until you stop losing weight. are you starting to monitor now?

Carly- I'll keep my eye out for the Enlightened! Is it as expensive as the HT? That can be like $5.99 a pint! Thats even more expensive than Ben & Jerry's!

My latest effort at controlling my sugar intake is Jelly Belly Jelly Beans. They are tiny little bombs of flavor and sugar and I can eat 10 of them, slowly, for only 45 calories. I just brought a little baggy of them to work hoping to stop my desire to eat those white chocolate cranberry cookies that I love.

I am a little worried about my DP. He has been acting a little depressed lately (as in not as active) and last night he only ate part of his food. He also didn't want to walk and went right to sleep. All very unlike him. He just had those two vaccinations so I wonder if he developed a low grade illness related to one or both of them. He also growled at me this morning when I tried to get him out of the car for daycare - he was refusing to move. He NEVER does that. So now I am just worried about him. He is my little furbaby.

Need to run off to a coffee meeting. I normally like a reason to get out of the office for a work related reason but today it is just bad timing. sigh. oh well it will at least distract me from worrying about DP.
Phoenix - when I said "I am obviously losing", I just meant from when I weighed last Saturday and I saw I dropped that crazy amount of weight from doing JUDDD unreligiously (to put it mildly) for a month. I am still planning for monthly weigh-ins only

Jelly Belly beans are TOTALLY my weakness - my favorite candy, second only to gummy bears.

Low-grade illness in response to DP's vaccines - sounds like this is a strong possibility. Children get them too, and I think one of my DPs got it too after we vaccinated (so long ago, I can't remember). The sleepiness and growliness are normal - he feels a little rotten today. Try not to worry.

Old 04-27-2017, 09:15 AM   #247
Carly
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/125.4/125 5'2" 40yrs Size 20/4P
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Phoenix- our cats usually feel a little sick after their vaccines. They are sleepy and mopey, so I think that is normal. I know I feel crappy every year after I get my flu shot

The Enlighten is pricey, but a little less so than Halo Top. There are some things I'll spend a little more on, since overall, my food expenses are really low since starting JUDDD. I don't eat breakfast or lunch 98% of the time and on DDs I eat next to nothing, so a pint or 2 of pricey ice cream each week is something I feel like I can justify. Though I do think it's a bit exorbitant.

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 09:43 AM   #248
phoenix17
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: phoenix17
Stats: getting there slowly but surely
WOE: LC, MF and now JUDDD
Bluebelle- DON'T get Jelly Belly's I am sitting here with a little baggy full at work and realized that I just snacked my way through my allotted 10 without even thinking about it. On a good note though - it definitely gets rid of the sugar need with a lot less calories! and its fun because I'm never really sure which color is which flavor! I Just went from tangerine to buttered popcorn. Tasted surprisingly like popcorn!

Carly good point on the splurging on the ice cream. My problem though is that because I think I can justify it with calories I have found myself eating the entire pint. If I don't scoop it out and put it in a bowl- forget it.

Thanks to you both to comment on DP's actions. I also get a bit ill after my flu shot. I am backing off on his other treatments (allergies) for now though. I think its a bit of overkill anyway.

I stepped out for a coffee meeting and because it just rained for 2 days and then stopped, I think all the plants out there are releasing pollen! I'm sneezing and sniffling up a storm. But spring is just so pretty- so many flowering shrubbery out there right now, and the trees and early flowers! so colorful!
phoenix17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 11:31 AM   #249
Vlo1125
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Vlo1125
Stats: 263/164/155
WOE: Primal w/ JUDDD
Start Date: 2013
Carly- I too have discovered Enlightend and I didn't think it possible but it is better than Halo Top. I may have bought another 30 pints when it was on sale 3 weeks ago my favorite is the butter pecan, I honestly can not tell that it's a low cal version. .

Phoenix- more motivation to get as low as you can now so you can just maintain and enjoy this summer I'm nervous for July, I'll be back home for a month and I imagine it's going to be tough sticking to not drinking wine every weekend! Hope DP gets better soon

Kissa-

Tara- yes , unfortunately I have tried everything to avoid EOD because I don't want to fast on weekends. But I think it's gotten to the point where if I want to see further progress I need to do it

Bluebelle- magnesium 400 mg, liquid caps every night before bed will help big time.

So I had a good Dd on Tuesday , I fasted all day but towards dinnertime I did have about two or three bites of chicken that I made for my husband and I also tried out a Jell-O recipe using hibiscus tea and it was very low CAL, like 10 cal Per cup that I wanted to give a try. So it was still a down day just wasn't 0 cal/ zero food.I think my husband got confused because he saw me eat the Jell-O he didn't realize it was a down day ,and later in the evening he brought me a serving of Enlightend ice cream,trying to be sweet. I ate it because it was only 100 cal and I figured I was still well under a 500 cal day.

While we're on the topic of halo top or Enlightend it occurred to me that I could eat a whole pint on a dd and still come in under my calories....... That got me thinking maybe I can do ice cream for dinner dd's ! its funny but I think I may try it soon and see if it works!

My ud yesterday was probably an uuad, I didn't keep track and cooked a bunch of stuff so If I had to guess probably in he 2500- 2800 range. Again gotta get them ud's under control or I'm just going to bounce back and forth the same weight. Today's dd is going good, aiming for no food but if I eat a pint of ice cream for dinner I'll be sure to report how it affects me tomorrow morning!

Last edited by Vlo1125; 04-27-2017 at 11:36 AM..
Vlo1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 11:48 AM   #250
Carly
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/125.4/125 5'2" 40yrs Size 20/4P
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlo1125 View Post

While we're on the topic of halo top or Enlightend it occurred to me that I could eat a whole pint on a dd and still come in under my calories....... That got me thinking maybe I can do ice cream for dinner dd's ! its funny but I think I may try it soon and see if it works!
That is exactly what I did yesterday. It was 8:45pm and the time I decide to have my DD bedtime snack or just skip it. I didn't want salad or my SmartOne (200 calorie crustless chicken pot pie- love that one) and said- I'll have a cup of Enlightened. Scooped out 1/4 of the container= 70 calories, enjoyed it and off to sleep I went.

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 12:30 PM   #251
Bluebelle
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlo1125 View Post
I think my husband got confused because he saw me eat the Jell-O he didn't realize it was a down day ,and later in the evening he brought me a serving of Enlightend ice cream,trying to be sweet. I ate it because it was only 100 cal and I figured I was still well under a 500 cal day.

LOL Vlo my DH does the same thing. It's extremely endearing to picture them in the supermarket. "What's that thing she likes? I should bring her a thing."

Ice cream for dinner...DS would approve heartily of this notion! Seriously though, I don't have access to either Halo Top or the Enlightend stuff, but isn't it chock-full of protein? Sounds like there are worse things!

Old 04-27-2017, 01:44 PM   #252
Vlo1125
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Vlo1125
Stats: 263/164/155
WOE: Primal w/ JUDDD
Start Date: 2013
Carly- you had a serving, I'm talking about eating the entire carton! so far I've tried these flavors: butter pecan ( my fav), mint chocolate chip, sea salt carmel, peanut butter chip, chocolate peanut butter and they are all delicious. I also tried strawberry cheesecake and it was meh. I've bought but not yet tried cold brew coffee, red velvet, and snicker doodle as well. There are more flavors but those were the ones that were GF and lower net carbs, Enlightend does unfortunately have corn fiber as an ingredient so not as clean( for me) as halo top but that must be what makes it better?! Lol!

Bluebelle- yes they are made with whey protein so it's got a decent amount! Of course I like the flavor thats has the most calories per pint but if I ate an entire carton of butter pecan it'd be 400 calories, 20 fat, 24 protein, 56 carbs/16 net carbs. So with my 100 calorie of cream I take in my coffee in the morning this would be a 500 cal
Dd! Even less for other flavors, cold Brew only has 240 cals and 6 g fat! I'm totally going to try it , maybe even today!
Vlo1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 02:31 PM   #253
Happy&Healthy
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Happy&Healthy
Stats: Too much/better/best
WOE: JUDDD/4:3/Fung
Start Date: November 2016
Barbo: sorry to hear you're laid up again. Glad that DH is taking care of you well. Sending you love and hugs for a speedy recovery

Slow: it sounds like you're on the mend, glad to hear it. Like Phoenix, after a migraine the sugar cravings are pretty strong.

Phoenix: $500 is a fortune! But the "kids" need to be healthy. I had a $900 spider bite situation with my older one and got insurance immediately then have not had to use it for 8 years of paying the premium but I guess that is a blessing. We also got insurance on the little one (I think it is going to pay off because he's a terror). I think your DP's mood is down because of the vaccines, happens to my guys too...or maybe he's also upset, thinking the $500 was a lot . The jelly belly idea is a good one, except I would probably mindlessly eat the whole bag within 3 minutes!

Vlo: Maybe try OMAD on the weekends? Since most social events are during the dinner hour, I try to do that on Saturdays and then take it easy on Sundays. I, uh, have done the pint for dinner on a down day ...it was good for a PMS day. One of the things that I do is put a spoonful of the vanilla Halo Top in my coffee instead of creamer for a special treat.

Carly: the Enlightened sounds awesome, I will have to check my grocery to see if they have it. I love the Halo Top and my new favorite is the Chocolate Almond Crunch.

I've had a good week, so far. Monday into Tuesday I completed a 42 hour fast and yesterday into this morning I did about 38 hours. Pretty happy with both and I saw some movement on the scale, I'm not back down to my pre-conference weight but getting there. Today has been a little bit of a feast day given that there was a fair near my office and the girls picked me up the most delicious Gyro and a Greek salad, enjoyed both so ridiculously much. Then the sweet tooth kicked in and I had some Hershey mini chocolates, I love those things! I was happy to see that my coworkers picked up donuts this morning and, instead of leaving them in the break room, they put them in one of the empty offices so that I wouldn't be tempted every time I went to go get a glass of water. That was nice of them since I have complained about my lack of self control around donuts. DH and I are going to an early dinner in a few, it will be nice to be just us on a date. Tomorrow I plan on fasting until dinner and then going out with the family.
Happy&Healthy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 02:46 PM   #254
taramisu
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: taramisu
Stats: 282/194/180
Start Date: April 7, 2015
Carly, thanks for the tip on the Enlightened birthday cake ice cream. I've still got a couple of pints of Halo Top in my freezer, but I'll have to look for that when they're gone!

Bluebelle, I take Aerobic Life Mag 07 Oxygen capsules. They're awesome. And btw your UD dinner sounds awesome!!!!

Phoenix, how is your DP? Poor little guy! Hopefully he's just under the weather for a day or two.

It's funny you guys are talking about Jelly Belly's; my stepkiddo got a bag from someone and ate ONLY the red ones, so... I divided up the rest and took them to work. I thought they'd make a good worktime snack for only 50 cals or so on a DD!

This day was insane at work; it's almost 5 now, and I'm just getting a chance to sit down, and... it's UD and I've only eaten 560 cals. It's almost tempting to just turn it into another DD, but I'm not sure how I'll feel at 10pm, or how that'll mess up my schedule tomorrow and Saturday. What to do... okay, it's pathetic to be anxious about not having eaten ENOUGH! Hahaha. But I'm open to advice...
tara ¤

My Journal

Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times—if one only remembers to turn on the light. ~ Albus Dumbledore
taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 02:52 PM   #255
Bluebelle
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by taramisu View Post
It's funny you guys are talking about Jelly Belly's; my stepkiddo got a bag from someone and ate ONLY the red ones, so... I divided up the rest and took them to work. I thought they'd make a good worktime snack for only 50 cals or so on a DD!

This day was insane at work; it's almost 5 now, and I'm just getting a chance to sit down, and... it's UD and I've only eaten 560 cals. It's almost tempting to just turn it into another DD, but I'm not sure how I'll feel at 10pm, or how that'll mess up my schedule tomorrow and Saturday. What to do... okay, it's pathetic to be anxious about not having eaten ENOUGH! Hahaha. But I'm open to advice...
The red ones are my faves 'Red Apple'
Kids are so funny!

Why don't you wait to see how you feel at 10pm? I think it's better to have today as a DD, and then tomorrow as an UD vs. having a MD today and then DD tomorrow.

MD followed by DD is the worst!!

Old 04-27-2017, 04:01 PM   #256
Happy&Healthy
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Happy&Healthy
Stats: Too much/better/best
WOE: JUDDD/4:3/Fung
Start Date: November 2016
Bluebelle: DH was rushing me out the door while writing my last post so I forgot to chime in on the magnesium, wanted to add my vote. It's helps with bathrooms issues and it has helped in so many other ways; for example, it has helped cut down on headaches and muscle cramps. It's also not expensive like some other supplements can be. Love the stuff
Happy&Healthy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 04:43 PM   #257
leonak
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: leonak
Stats: Goal Met July, 2015 - 112!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy&Healthy View Post
Bluebelle: DH was rushing me out the door while writing my last post so I forgot to chime in on the magnesium, wanted to add my vote. It's helps with bathrooms issues and it has helped in so many other ways; for example, it has helped cut down on headaches and muscle cramps. It's also not expensive like some other supplements can be. Love the stuff
I do too, but not my dh - he took just at bedtime and each time he has done so he gets a nose-bleed - then he looked it up on the internet and sure enough it can do that is some people - sooooo!