Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Forum Jump
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2016, 04:52 PM   #181
Vlo1125
Major LCF Poster!
 
Vlo1125's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,339
Gallery: Vlo1125
Stats: 263/167/155
WOE: Primal w/ JUDDD
Start Date: 2013
If you do try it next week eat 3 lbs a day and in two or 3 meals, hopefully it'll make a difference.

As for me I ate rice again tonight , it was glorious lol! So we'll see what the scale says tomorrow. But I'm done-zo after today, I am definitely having an all protein breakfast in the morning! I felt very weak today, weak knees and limbs while I was grocery shopping.. Even carrying in bags I felt like I wasn't strong enough. I've been laying in bed since 2:30 pm. Can't wait to go to sleep and wake up tomorrow and eat!
Vlo1125 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-2016, 04:55 PM   #182
Carly
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Carly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 12,023
Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/126.8/125 5'1" 41yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD- maintaining since 2/2013
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerriMM View Post
Carly have you ever looked into Fat Fast or Egg Fast? They have similar results and similar time span. And they may work better with your system.
I would never do a fat fast. I typically eat low fat. Not only do I gain like crazy when I add the slightest extra fat like coconut oil, but I also really dislike fatty cuts of meat and such. Ugh, I could not eat eggs for days- nope couldn't stomach it.

I'm thinking of hcg, but DW would probably have a fit. I think she'd be really upset/ worried if I was taking a "diet drug" and giving myself injections.

I feel so powerless. I thought JUDDD would always be there for me and always work, but now it simply doesn't and I'm terrified!
__________________
Carly
JUDDD changed my life. It transformed my health, gave me freedom and restored my confidence.

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 05:08 PM   #183
TerriMM
Blabbermouth!!!
 
TerriMM's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: The burbs of California
Posts: 5,060
Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 2017 - 142.8/137.7/128.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Partyof8 View Post
Do a week of Atkins 72 induction instead?
Maybe Katie's idea then
__________________
Figuring it out for the long run!
TerriMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 05:11 PM   #184
TerriMM
Blabbermouth!!!
 
TerriMM's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: The burbs of California
Posts: 5,060
Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 2017 - 142.8/137.7/128.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlo1125 View Post
If you do try it next week eat 3 lbs a day and in two or 3 meals, hopefully it'll make a difference.

As for me I ate rice again tonight , it was glorious lol! So we'll see what the scale says tomorrow. But I'm done-zo after today, I am definitely having an all protein breakfast in the morning! I felt very weak today, weak knees and limbs while I was grocery shopping.. Even carrying in bags I felt like I wasn't strong enough. I've been laying in bed since 2:30 pm. Can't wait to go to sleep and wake up tomorrow and eat!
I'm with you, today is it. I haven't had this issues like you have, I'm just ready to bolt to anything but a potato.
__________________
Figuring it out for the long run!
TerriMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 05:12 PM   #185
TerriMM
Blabbermouth!!!
 
TerriMM's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: The burbs of California
Posts: 5,060
Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 2017 - 142.8/137.7/128.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by RileyWorm View Post
Following. Planning to join next week if anyone is still doing it then.

Anyone else used it to lose substantial amounts, not just maintenance losses?
I'll be here Monday - Wednesday. I believe Sara will be starting Tuesday.
__________________
Figuring it out for the long run!
TerriMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 05:28 PM   #186
Carly
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Carly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 12,023
Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/126.8/125 5'1" 41yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD- maintaining since 2/2013
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
I drank the other half of my protein shake and I feel like a brand new woman. Don't get me wrong- I'm tired, but no more tired than any Thursday night as a hectic work week is winding down and I've been up and at it since 5am.
__________________
Carly
JUDDD changed my life. It transformed my health, gave me freedom and restored my confidence.

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 06:11 PM   #187
mom23kids
Established
 
mom23kids's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Midwest
Posts: 2,418
Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance/129lbs (37yrs, 5ft, 6in)
WOE: JUDDD/5:2IF for WL & 16:8IF for maintenance
Start Date: Started this Whacky Journey in October of 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
I would never do a fat fast. I typically eat low fat. Not only do I gain like crazy when I add the slightest extra fat like coconut oil, but I also really dislike fatty cuts of meat and such. Ugh, I could not eat eggs for days- nope couldn't stomach it.

I'm thinking of hcg, but DW would probably have a fit. I think she'd be really upset/ worried if I was taking a "diet drug" and giving myself injections.

I feel so powerless. I thought JUDDD would always be there for me and always work, but now it simply doesn't and I'm terrified!
Stress can mess with our weight as well, so try and take a deep breath and realize you've come soooo far already, and you Will get this figured out! Have you had a recent doctor appointment? Could there be something going on that's causing the gain (a medication etc). How's your blood work? How's your D level? Being deficient can cause weight gains, as well as other issues, and a lot of us are deficient (super simple to fix too).

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerriMM View Post
I'll be here Monday - Wednesday. I believe Sara will be starting Tuesday.
Yep, I'm planning on Tuesday-Thursday next week
__________________
~Sara~ I've gone from size 14 jeans, down to a size 4 with JUDDD/5:2IF! Now in maintenance with 16:8IF and the occasional potato hack. My 3 year maintenance anniversary is in April

October 2015 Blood Work Results
-Total Cholesterol 167: HDL 69 LDL 97
-Cholesterol/HDL Ratio 2.4
no triglycerides number given this time, but blood work this past spring put them at a 49
-Glucose (non-fasting) 87

Last edited by mom23kids; 03-03-2016 at 06:12 PM..
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 06:56 PM   #188
pamela
Senior LCF Member
 
pamela's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 323
Gallery: pamela
Stats: 180/160/125
Carly what ever you do keep away from those potatoes LOL Seriously it's not worth risking your health to do it. I think combining it with fasting is probably your issue. You need to keep your glucose stabilized during the day during the hack and fasting while doing it is probably not a good idea.

If you have any kind of ovarian cysts or anything I'd skip the hcg. Trust me on that one. Ouch
pamela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 07:11 PM   #189
Partyof8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Partyof8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Beachy
Posts: 3,177
Gallery: Partyof8
Stats: 348/231/170
WOE: Low Carb, Intermittent Fasting
Start Date: Began journey March '14 Break '15 restart: Jan '16
Carly, I'm feeling your desperation through the interweb. Maybe this is all just a plateau and you'll go on your way down with JUDDD like always.

Maybe a juice fast for a week would be an option?
__________________
Katie ~ If not now, when?

Restart after baby: 285 on 1/18/16 - lost 54 pounds since!
117 pounds total
Today, I will just do my very best.
Partyof8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 07:51 PM   #190
deanslist
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
deanslist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 3,556
Gallery: deanslist
Stats: 5'3.5" 185/125/120-123
WOE: Stillman diet/flexibility on weekends
Start Date: 1999 (Atkins) Lost most of my weight
I have felt the way you do too Carly. Desperate to get the 10 lbs off and intense fear of gaining. I'll try about anything too.. Meth, if I could get it. Kidding, of course. Fat fasts work really well for me to break through a stall - just haven't been disciplined enough to do anything lately. I'm sure you'll figure it out, you've come so far!!!
__________________
My Journals:

Melissa's Headroom
http://lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=889720

Desperately Seeking Balance
http://lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=890147
deanslist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 04:49 AM   #191
Vlo1125
Major LCF Poster!
 
Vlo1125's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,339
Gallery: Vlo1125
Stats: 263/167/155
WOE: Primal w/ JUDDD
Start Date: 2013
Day 1: 185.4 (start weight)
Day 2: 185.8 ( + .4 lbs)
Day 3 : 181 ( -4.8 lbs)
Day 4: 177.2 ( -3.8 lbs)
Day 5: 175.6 (-1.6 lbs)

Total lost in 4 days on Potato Hack: 9.8 lbs

Lost another 1.6 lbs so I'm happy. Idk if I'll want to do another potato hack for a awhile but I'm glad I did it. I've learned to take my coffee black for the first time in my life, I learned that this hack does work for me,and I've also learned that for sure I have tummy issues related to starch( gas everyday, SIBO?).i feel accomplished that I stuck to it and didn't binge at all. So all in all it was a learning experience. I look forward to seeing if I lose any additional weight in the following days like others have experienced after doing the hack.

Today I resume my normal primal diet, I'm having my coffee with grass fed gelatin and heavy cream right now and it's marvelous!

Last edited by Vlo1125; 03-04-2016 at 04:51 AM..
Vlo1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 04:50 AM   #192
mom23kids
Established
 
mom23kids's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Midwest
Posts: 2,418
Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance/129lbs (37yrs, 5ft, 6in)
WOE: JUDDD/5:2IF for WL & 16:8IF for maintenance
Start Date: Started this Whacky Journey in October of 2012
Morning all-
my morning weigh-in was the same as yesterday (going by past experiences I may still see a drop on the scale/post-hack tomorrow, I'll post an update here if that happens!).

So my stats for 4 days on the hack:
starting weight: 132lbs
end weight: 128.5lbs
total loss 3.5lbs

I'm going back to regular eating and 16:8IF for the next few days and then plan on doing the hack again next week Tuesday-Thursday, to try and get to the lower end of my maintenance range.
__________________
~Sara~ I've gone from size 14 jeans, down to a size 4 with JUDDD/5:2IF! Now in maintenance with 16:8IF and the occasional potato hack. My 3 year maintenance anniversary is in April

October 2015 Blood Work Results
-Total Cholesterol 167: HDL 69 LDL 97
-Cholesterol/HDL Ratio 2.4
no triglycerides number given this time, but blood work this past spring put them at a 49
-Glucose (non-fasting) 87

Last edited by mom23kids; 03-04-2016 at 04:53 AM..
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 04:54 AM   #193
mom23kids
Established
 
mom23kids's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Midwest
Posts: 2,418
Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance/129lbs (37yrs, 5ft, 6in)
WOE: JUDDD/5:2IF for WL & 16:8IF for maintenance
Start Date: Started this Whacky Journey in October of 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlo1125 View Post
Day 1: 185.4 (start weight)
Day 2: 185.8 ( + .4 lbs)
Day 3 : 181 ( -4.8 lbs)
Day 4: 177.2 ( -3.8 lbs)
Day 5: 175.6 (-1.6 lbs)

Total lost in 4 days on Potato Hack: 9.8 lbs

Lost another 1.6 lbs so I'm happy. Idk if I'll want to do another potato hack for a awhile but I'm glad I did it. I've learned to take my coffee black for the first time in my life, I learned that this hack does work for me,and I've also learned that for sure I have tummy issues related to starch( gas everyday, SIBO?).i feel accomplished that I stuck to it and didn't binge at all. So all in all it was a learning experience. I look forward to seeing if I lose any additional weight in the following days like others have experienced after doing the hack.

Today I resume my normal primal diet, I'm having my coffee with grass fed gelatin and heavy cream right now and it's marvelous!
Dang, nice loss
__________________
~Sara~ I've gone from size 14 jeans, down to a size 4 with JUDDD/5:2IF! Now in maintenance with 16:8IF and the occasional potato hack. My 3 year maintenance anniversary is in April

October 2015 Blood Work Results
-Total Cholesterol 167: HDL 69 LDL 97
-Cholesterol/HDL Ratio 2.4
no triglycerides number given this time, but blood work this past spring put them at a 49
-Glucose (non-fasting) 87
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 05:00 AM   #194
Vlo1125
Major LCF Poster!
 
Vlo1125's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,339
Gallery: Vlo1125
Stats: 263/167/155
WOE: Primal w/ JUDDD
Start Date: 2013
Thanks Sara, you too! But i really feel as though I only lost 4 lb , since I gained 6 lbs right before starting the hack. Still 4 lbs in 4 days is awesome! Do you do a 16:8 your first day back into regular eating?
Vlo1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 05:30 AM   #195
mom23kids
Established
 
mom23kids's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Midwest
Posts: 2,418
Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance/129lbs (37yrs, 5ft, 6in)
WOE: JUDDD/5:2IF for WL & 16:8IF for maintenance
Start Date: Started this Whacky Journey in October of 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlo1125 View Post
Thanks Sara, you too! But i really feel as though I only lost 4 lb , since I gained 6 lbs right before starting the hack. Still 4 lbs in 4 days is awesome! Do you do a 16:8 your first day back into regular eating?
16:8IF is what I use as my maintenance plan, so I'm just going back to my regular schedule My plan today-

break daily fast at 11am with 2 servings white rice, 8 ounces chicken (canned kind), stir-fry style veggies and sweet n' sour sauce (mix it all together)

might have an afternoon snack (Little Debbie Nutty bars have been eyeballing me all week )

and then I found out last night we have three friends of my kids coming for supper, so we're going to do Pizza Hut-I'll have a slice of pizza, a regular bread stick and then a Cinnamon stick We're eating at 5:30, and then I'll be done for the day
__________________
~Sara~ I've gone from size 14 jeans, down to a size 4 with JUDDD/5:2IF! Now in maintenance with 16:8IF and the occasional potato hack. My 3 year maintenance anniversary is in April

October 2015 Blood Work Results
-Total Cholesterol 167: HDL 69 LDL 97
-Cholesterol/HDL Ratio 2.4
no triglycerides number given this time, but blood work this past spring put them at a 49
-Glucose (non-fasting) 87

Last edited by mom23kids; 03-04-2016 at 05:32 AM..
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 08:33 AM   #196
ouizoid
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
ouizoid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,533
Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
WOE: OMAD
I've been doing 20:4 for the last couple of weeks, alternating potato days with lowcarb days. This is an awesome fasting period because I don't have to wait forever to eat, and I am satisfied all evening long.

I don't weigh myself because it makes me compulsive, but definitely looking so much leaner. I eat something at 2pm and then again just before 5. I find this the least onerous fasting period for me. I have to figure out some different potato preps because I'm getting bored with my standby.
ouizoid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 09:36 AM   #197
TerriMM
Blabbermouth!!!
 
TerriMM's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: The burbs of California
Posts: 5,060
Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 2017 - 142.8/137.7/128.2
Good morning All! Congrats to all our losers Vlo, you are definitely the champ!!!

My Score:
Day 1 - 145.5
Day 2 - 144.4 (-1.1)
Day 3 - 142.7 (-1.7)
After garlic fries
Day 4 - 143.1 (+.40)
Okay so no fries today
Day 5 – 142.9 (-.20)
Total for the 4 day hack -2.60

I too am looking forward to an additional loss tomorrow. Actually now is the real test for the hack as far as I’m concerned. Do the loses stabilize and have the cravings I was battling with last week moved on.

And can I just say that HWC in my coffee this morning was heaven.
__________________
Figuring it out for the long run!
TerriMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 09:57 AM   #198
pamela
Senior LCF Member
 
pamela's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 323
Gallery: pamela
Stats: 180/160/125
I'm interested in seeing how the weight stays off too because I saw so many on the blog that said they regains all more most when they returned to eating then they'd drop again when they did the hack and regain during the week and repeat. So I want to see if you guys see a rebound on the scale or not. Hopefully you don't.

I keep getting told that the hack losses stay off but that's not what I'm seeing people saying over on Tims site but maybe it depends on what you do after the hack, like what plan you follow after the hack if it sticks or not. Whether you go to LC, JUDDD etc.
pamela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 10:17 AM   #199
mom23kids
Established
 
mom23kids's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Midwest
Posts: 2,418
Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance/129lbs (37yrs, 5ft, 6in)
WOE: JUDDD/5:2IF for WL & 16:8IF for maintenance
Start Date: Started this Whacky Journey in October of 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamela View Post
I'm interested in seeing how the weight stays off too because I saw so many on the blog that said they regains all more most when they returned to eating then they'd drop again when they did the hack and regain during the week and repeat. So I want to see if you guys see a rebound on the scale or not. Hopefully you don't.

I keep getting told that the hack losses stay off but that's not what I'm seeing people saying over on Tims site but maybe it depends on what you do after the hack, like what plan you follow after the hack if it sticks or not. Whether you go to LC, JUDDD etc.
I've always kept it off, within .5lb. So for me personally there hasn't been an issue of regain with the hack
__________________
~Sara~ I've gone from size 14 jeans, down to a size 4 with JUDDD/5:2IF! Now in maintenance with 16:8IF and the occasional potato hack. My 3 year maintenance anniversary is in April

October 2015 Blood Work Results
-Total Cholesterol 167: HDL 69 LDL 97
-Cholesterol/HDL Ratio 2.4
no triglycerides number given this time, but blood work this past spring put them at a 49
-Glucose (non-fasting) 87
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 10:18 AM   #200
TerriMM
Blabbermouth!!!
 
TerriMM's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: The burbs of California
Posts: 5,060
Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 2017 - 142.8/137.7/128.2
I'm planning on IE LC. Mostly because I can't think of anything I want more than meat.
__________________
Figuring it out for the long run!
TerriMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 10:22 AM   #201
RileyWorm
Major LCF Poster!
 
RileyWorm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 2,027
Gallery: RileyWorm
I keep reading mixed 'reviews' on it too, Pamela. For me it's worth a shot, I feel like the people who lost the most and kept it off were hacking 4-5 days a week and did multiple weeks. But there are so many anedcotal stories it seems just as common for it not to work at all.

I'm still gonna try it though! I've got my potatoes bought! I may start Monday, we will see once I do a fridge/pantry inventory.
RileyWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 04:20 PM   #202
Vlo1125
Major LCF Poster!
 
Vlo1125's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,339
Gallery: Vlo1125
Stats: 263/167/155
WOE: Primal w/ JUDDD
Start Date: 2013
Well I resumed my normal diet today and felt fine until about 15 minutes ago. My stomach started cramping horribly and TMI but I spent the awhile in the bathroom being cleared out. maybe it's going from zero fat to high fat that did it but it was awful! I should have done a low fat day to transition myself back into high fat. Hope it's not going to be like this all night.
Vlo1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 04:46 PM   #203
shelbyla
Major LCF Poster!
 
shelbyla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 2,923
Gallery: shelbyla
Stats: 210/140/142
WOE: whole foods, 5:2 IF
Start Date: rx hCG RX start 08/29/15
Quote:
Originally Posted by ouizoid View Post
I'm not encouraging anyone who is feeling badly to stick with it--you know your bodies and you know what doesn't work for you. I will say, however, that I have seen some PH stats where people measured their BS surges. What they found was that the first day or two they had giant BS surges (with the resulting low BS that resulted in the bad feelings you guys describe) but after the first day or so, the BS peaks continued to decrease. Additionally, because of the potassium balance, people who added much more salt, felt better. Anyhow, for some people these feelings pass, and there is the added benefit in a long term change in insulin sensitivity. Again, please don't feel that I am saying for you to keep doing something that makes you feels rotten! I'm not. If however you are inclined to stick with it, I am saying you may feel entirely better in a day or so.
This is exactly what happened to me on my first hack and I measured my BG to prove it to myself. Absolutely true.

The gas and bloating are related to the bacteria in your intestines getting used to having their food. If you hang in there, your gut bugs will adjust and the gas will go away. Also when you eat a lot of cooked and cooled potatoes, you are eating resistant starch which is essentially a fiber. Think about eating beans and ONLY beans for several days--you'd be gassy for sure. Same thing here. You also can get slightly constipated as with other foods with large amounts of fiber.

On the fluid retention, it is absolutely all about the potassium/sodium balance. In addition to adding lots of Himalayan or Celtic sea salt to your food, you can also add it to your water (about 1/4 t per liter) along with a slice of lemon and/or a vitamin C packet like Emergen-C. That will help significantly as will magnesium salt baths and other detox things like saunas.

On the brain fog and headaches, this can be from detox, again, since you are pushing out the bad bugs and feeding the good. It's a form of a Herxheimer reaction--sometimes called the Atkins flu. It also sometimes manifests as itchiness or rashes as well but can have all kinds of symptoms including acne, air hunger, rapid heartbeat, racing thoughts, etc.

Do you feel like you are in ketosis? Weird metallic taste in your mouth? Eating only potatoes can throw you into ketosis, especially if you are not normally in ketosis and THAT can cause symptoms.

Just some things I've learned along the way...
__________________
Pre-hhCG cleanse (P1) - 01/03/11, 12 days, 210->200
hhCG round 1 - 01/15/11, 32 days, drops, 10/10/10, 200->175
hhCG round 2 - 04/15/11, 38 days, drops & pellets, 10/4/10, 177->154
hhCG round 3 - 01/03/12, 23 days, pellets, 3/3/3, 157->141
_hCG round 4 - 05/05/12, 24 days, rx hCG, 125iU, 148->136
_hCG round 5 - 08/11/12, 26 days, rx hCG, 125iU, 159->140
_hCG round 6 - 08/05/13, 26 days, rx hCG, 150-200iU, 160->146
_hCG round X - 08/29/15, 32 days, rx hCG, 165iU, ~168->148

Last edited by shelbyla; 03-04-2016 at 05:00 PM..
shelbyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 04:52 PM   #204
shelbyla
Major LCF Poster!
 
shelbyla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 2,923
Gallery: shelbyla
Stats: 210/140/142
WOE: whole foods, 5:2 IF
Start Date: rx hCG RX start 08/29/15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahna View Post
Has anyone tried the raw potato starch powder (resistant starch) in addition or instead of the potato hack?
i eat 3 tablespoons every day just for general maintenance. I have never used it for the hack other than just including it as part of my regular supplements--i.e. I didn't just eat potato starch on the hack.
__________________
Pre-hhCG cleanse (P1) - 01/03/11, 12 days, 210->200
hhCG round 1 - 01/15/11, 32 days, drops, 10/10/10, 200->175
hhCG round 2 - 04/15/11, 38 days, drops & pellets, 10/4/10, 177->154
hhCG round 3 - 01/03/12, 23 days, pellets, 3/3/3, 157->141
_hCG round 4 - 05/05/12, 24 days, rx hCG, 125iU, 148->136
_hCG round 5 - 08/11/12, 26 days, rx hCG, 125iU, 159->140
_hCG round 6 - 08/05/13, 26 days, rx hCG, 150-200iU, 160->146
_hCG round X - 08/29/15, 32 days, rx hCG, 165iU, ~168->148
shelbyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 04:15 AM   #205
mom23kids
Established
 
mom23kids's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Midwest
Posts: 2,418
Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance/129lbs (37yrs, 5ft, 6in)
WOE: JUDDD/5:2IF for WL & 16:8IF for maintenance
Start Date: Started this Whacky Journey in October of 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelbyla View Post
This is exactly what happened to me on my first hack and I measured my BG to prove it to myself. Absolutely true.

The gas and bloating are related to the bacteria in your intestines getting used to having their food. If you hang in there, your gut bugs will adjust and the gas will go away. Also when you eat a lot of cooked and cooled potatoes, you are eating resistant starch which is essentially a fiber. Think about eating beans and ONLY beans for several days--you'd be gassy for sure. Same thing here. You also can get slightly constipated as with other foods with large amounts of fiber.

On the fluid retention, it is absolutely all about the potassium/sodium balance. In addition to adding lots of Himalayan or Celtic sea salt to your food, you can also add it to your water (about 1/4 t per liter) along with a slice of lemon and/or a vitamin C packet like Emergen-C. That will help significantly as will magnesium salt baths and other detox things like saunas.

On the brain fog and headaches, this can be from detox, again, since you are pushing out the bad bugs and feeding the good. It's a form of a Herxheimer reaction--sometimes called the Atkins flu. It also sometimes manifests as itchiness or rashes as well but can have all kinds of symptoms including acne, air hunger, rapid heartbeat, racing thoughts, etc.

Do you feel like you are in ketosis? Weird metallic taste in your mouth? Eating only potatoes can throw you into ketosis, especially if you are not normally in ketosis and THAT can cause symptoms.

Just some things I've learned along the way...
Thanks for your input, it's nice to hear from someone who's been through this and can help others troubleshoot some things

Well, yesterday was my first day off the hack and I ended up eating around 4oo calories over my TDEE (I came in at around 2,000 calories-had a double serving of white rice with 8 ounces chicken, veggies and sweet n sour sauce; a cookie, a cheese/cracker/meat plate for afternoon snack with a slice of Swiss, cold cooked bacon, pepperoni and Ritz crackers; and 2 slices PH pizza and a bread stick). Oh, and a 300 calorie Little Debbie Nutty Bar lol.

My morning weight-in was the same, at 128.5, and my skinny jeans were really loose on my legs this morning. I'm pear shaped so this is a pretty big deal So my weight didn't shoot back up after the hack and my clothes are fitting differently Pretty pleased with my results from this week's hack and I bought more potatoes for next week!
__________________
~Sara~ I've gone from size 14 jeans, down to a size 4 with JUDDD/5:2IF! Now in maintenance with 16:8IF and the occasional potato hack. My 3 year maintenance anniversary is in April

October 2015 Blood Work Results
-Total Cholesterol 167: HDL 69 LDL 97
-Cholesterol/HDL Ratio 2.4
no triglycerides number given this time, but blood work this past spring put them at a 49
-Glucose (non-fasting) 87

Last edited by mom23kids; 03-05-2016 at 04:29 AM..
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 05:05 AM   #206
Vlo1125
Major LCF Poster!
 
Vlo1125's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,339
Gallery: Vlo1125
Stats: 263/167/155
WOE: Primal w/ JUDDD
Start Date: 2013
Awesome Sara !

I'm up .8 after my ud. Surprising considering how sick I got last night! But I know I went over carbs ( around 100) and calories. Today will be my first dd after the hack so hopefully I'll be able to drop some more. Also interested to see how hard it'll be to fast today. Tomorrow is my son's 2nd bday party and I'm making a ton of food that's really not diet friendly. So I'm sure I won't be pleased with Monday's weigh in.
Vlo1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 05:10 AM   #207
mom23kids
Established
 
mom23kids's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Midwest
Posts: 2,418
Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance/129lbs (37yrs, 5ft, 6in)
WOE: JUDDD/5:2IF for WL & 16:8IF for maintenance
Start Date: Started this Whacky Journey in October of 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlo1125 View Post
Awesome Sara !

I'm up .8 after my ud. Surprising considering how sick I got last night! But I know I went over carbs ( around 100) and calories. Today will be my first dd after the hack so hopefully I'll be able to drop some more. Also interested to see how hard it'll be to fast today. Tomorrow is my son's 2nd bday party and I'm making a ton of food that's really not diet friendly. So I'm sure I won't be pleased with Monday's weigh in.
Not a bad bump, considering how much you lost from the hack! And enjoy your son's party-just eat small portions of everything and you'll coast through it
__________________
~Sara~ I've gone from size 14 jeans, down to a size 4 with JUDDD/5:2IF! Now in maintenance with 16:8IF and the occasional potato hack. My 3 year maintenance anniversary is in April

October 2015 Blood Work Results
-Total Cholesterol 167: HDL 69 LDL 97
-Cholesterol/HDL Ratio 2.4
no triglycerides number given this time, but blood work this past spring put them at a 49
-Glucose (non-fasting) 87
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 07:47 AM   #208
TerriMM
Blabbermouth!!!
 
TerriMM's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: The burbs of California
Posts: 5,060
Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 2017 - 142.8/137.7/128.2
Yesterday all I wanted was meat, cheese and nuts. I counted nothing just ate LCHF to satisfaction, plus had a couple glasses of wine. This morning I was rewarded with -.80.

My Score:
Day 1 - 145.5
Day 2 - 144.4 (-1.1)
Day 3 - 142.7 (-1.7) Garlic fries
Day 4 - 143.1 (+.40)
Day 5 – 142.9 (-.20) LCHF day
Day 6 - 142.1 (-80)
Total for the 4 day hack -3.4
__________________
Figuring it out for the long run!
TerriMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 09:04 AM   #209
mom23kids
Established
 
mom23kids's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Midwest
Posts: 2,418
Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance/129lbs (37yrs, 5ft, 6in)
WOE: JUDDD/5:2IF for WL & 16:8IF for maintenance
Start Date: Started this Whacky Journey in October of 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerriMM View Post
Yesterday all I wanted was meat, cheese and nuts. I counted nothing just ate LCHF to satisfaction, plus had a couple glasses of wine. This morning I was rewarded with -.80.

My Score:
Day 1 - 145.5
Day 2 - 144.4 (-1.1)
Day 3 - 142.7 (-1.7) Garlic fries
Day 4 - 143.1 (+.40)
Day 5 – 142.9 (-.20) LCHF day
Day 6 - 142.1 (-80)
Total for the 4 day hack -3.4
__________________
~Sara~ I've gone from size 14 jeans, down to a size 4 with JUDDD/5:2IF! Now in maintenance with 16:8IF and the occasional potato hack. My 3 year maintenance anniversary is in April

October 2015 Blood Work Results
-Total Cholesterol 167: HDL 69 LDL 97
-Cholesterol/HDL Ratio 2.4
no triglycerides number given this time, but blood work this past spring put them at a 49
-Glucose (non-fasting) 87
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 11:35 AM   #210
Partyof8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Partyof8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Beachy
Posts: 3,177
Gallery: Partyof8
Stats: 348/231/170
WOE: Low Carb, Intermittent Fasting
Start Date: Began journey March '14 Break '15 restart: Jan '16
Great job ladies
__________________
Katie ~ If not now, when?

Restart after baby: 285 on 1/18/16 - lost 54 pounds since!
117 pounds total
Today, I will just do my very best.
Partyof8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:41 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2017 Netrition, Inc. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Netrition, Inc.