Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 07-19-2017, 01:49 PM   #121
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/113/100-110
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance.
Start Date: 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
Is renting one a feasible option or do you use quite often?
It's my main mode for cleaning and always has been. I much prefer a steam cleaner to most cleaning products and use it to sterilise the fridge, freezer, and give a good clean to most of the kitchen (not fitted - movable, and stainless steel so that it can take a good, deep clean). I use steam to clean windows, floors, tiles, walls, appliances - pretty much everything. If the steam is also pressurised enough and hot enough to kill off dust mites, then so much the better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
ISlowSure, I'm sorry to hear someone stole your steam cleaner. That is such a shame. I hope you can find another one that isn't too expensive or heavy. Have you looked on Craigslist? You might even find the one you lost there!...
Welp, that's it for now. I hope everyone has a blessed and safe day.
For reasons best known to himself, DH decided to put the steamer in the garage, left it outside while he went for the key, got distracted and left it there, and when he remembered and rushed outside to retrieve it, it had gone.

The industrial ones tend to be more powerful and hotter but the extra oomph comes with added weight.

And, what a lovely, closing thought. Likewise

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostyBeav View Post
My grandpa was a logger...when I was trying to come up with a general username for the internet, I chose Frosty in his honor. Since it's frequently already taken, I appended Beav on. I use Beav instead of Bear because I am a graduate of Oregon State University (the Beavers).

Probably more than you wanted to know but there it is.
Not at all - thank you for sharing that with us!

Quote:
I cut back on how much hnh I put in my coffee to try to shave some of the calories off. Every little bit helps, if it allows me a bite or two more of food later on.
I'm always impressed by the trade-offs that JUDDD encourages and the sheer ingenuity!
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-19-2017, 07:14 PM   #122
phoenix17
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: phoenix17
Stats: getting there slowly but surely
WOE: LC, MF and now JUDDD
Hi all! so sorry I've been MIA. I've been so busy lately, mostly in a good way. but first Happy Birthday Portia!!!!

Glad your staycation was great Carly!
Cheryl- sounds like you are doing really well and yeah stay out of the heat - yucko.
Slow- sorry your taste is still off- do you have an idea of when it may come back? how do you do all your cooking without tasting?
Tara- so glad to hear you are getting back to your normal self!
Frosty- bummer on the wildfires. I was recently in NV for work and it was just as smoky there. One thing we don't tend to see a lot of here in the NE are the wildfires (knock on wood). Hope they are out soon!
Cindy-nice to hear you are having a great summer!
Bluebelle - I bet you can find a way to revise your DDs to work with DH being home. one day eat lots of veggies, the next day, not .
Janet - good to hear you are doing well!!

I hope I didn't miss anyone. Vlo is still on her vacation too yes?

Lots going on for me, my multi day bday celebration was lots of fun. in the meantime I've been taking some career development/continuing ed classes and trying to find time to do them and not doing so well. I am passing just fine but I feel like I'm just barely getting in my assignments under the wire. not good. Work has been busy too- even on my days off I've had to field emails and calls.

Thanks everyone for the DP well wishes - he is doing very well! In fact I actually brought him kayaking for the first time!! I had a sit-on-top kayak and he sat on it with me while i paddled slowly up and down a shallow slow river. He did great!! He wasn't completely comfortable but he didn't appear stressed either. He very carefully watched everyone though. I am looking forward to trying again with him. I am really hoping he takes to it. The only major change I have seen in him is that he was never very food motivated before but now he seems very much so. My little guy!!!

DC hit it out of the park on my bday. He told me I had to set aside the day for him and he had a surprise- he took me for a helicopter tour!! I had never been in one before (this came up in a conversation in the past) and it was lots of fun, a tour along the NH/MA coast. We then went for seafood lunch on the water, and later on he took me out for a nice (too expensive) dinner. He also had his boys give me a card and a lit bday cake. It was a really great day. I guess those boys have my heart now too. Despite me really needing time to get caught up on my own stuff, DC texted me that the youngest wanted to talk to me and could they call? so of course I said yes and the little one said "can you come over for movie night tonight? we miss you" - AWWWWWWW!!!! of course I had to go even though I am now even further behind and so tired. But who can say no to that??? I took my homework with me and went in a room to do it and suddenly I had two boys and a dog wrestling around on the floor with me- yeah it was great.
Of course not to say that everything is peaches and cream- there are enough little bumps in the road but no one wants to hear about that. besides they just help me believe its all real and not just a figment of my imagination (BTW one of my nicknames for DC is "fig" - you know, short for figment. yeah I'm corny).

On a dieting note, no I have not been rotating or even counting for the most part but I have been skipping meals when I can and trying to stay aware of what I'm eating. Last I weighed I am up a few pounds but I also know its a lot of water weight. Today I think ended up as a MD- which is not so bad coming off of many days of eating. I'll take it. I'll try again tomorrow. I'm camping over the weekend so lots of activity. really if I can mostly maintain the same weight range for all this, I'll be very thrilled! I'm feeling quite puffy though- really need at least a good 4-5 days of just dieting. who would ever think I'd want to do that!!! ha!!

I hope everyone is really enjoying their summer!!!
phoenix17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 08:43 PM   #123
CherylB
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Stats: 250/?/150
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: When I'm settled somewhere. I'm not ready.
Wow! What a wonderful birthday you had! And how sweet about the kids. I have to ask and I hate to, but what is "DC"? Never saw that one before and even failed to find it by googling. Only thing that comes up is "dear child" and that doesn't make sense. I hope this isn't a bad question. If so, forget I asked.

You'll be back in the swing of things soon. I myself ended up having a medium day. I realized that for a whole week, I was using the calories that were set for light exercise 1-3 days/week and I haven't been exercising. I should have been eating less on both up and down days.

So I ate some stuff and figured I'll start over tomorrow with the right calories. Wow. I didn't go wild or anything, just sure wasn't a DD. I'm frustrated that I did that to myself, but maybe that was a good thing. It wasn't such a shock to my system and now going a bit lower won't seem so awful. I just have to really plan my food each day like I had been doing at the start of last week. I shouldn't be wondering what I'll eat throughout the day.

Goodnight, everyone. Sleep tight.

Last edited by CherylB; 07-19-2017 at 08:45 PM..
CherylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 09:38 PM   #124
Bluebelle
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bluebelle
Stats: 208/193/150 5'3"
Start Date: March 1st, 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSure View Post
my heart is with you in these troubles. My head knows that you know that compromising your own health will harm not only yourself but others - it can not assist them much as sacrificing your own needs can seem to be the 'right' thing to do at any given moment.

Slow, thank you so much for this -- as soon as I read it I felt oddly stronger. I think your brand of gentle reality-checking helps me so much. Today was able to do a DD, which makes me feel great. That, and having Wolfie curled up on my cold feet. And that DH has an interview lined up!
Bluebelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 09:56 PM   #125
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/113/100-110
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance.
Start Date: 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebelle View Post
DH has an interview lined up!
Fingers and toes crossed for DH!
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 05:21 AM   #126
Kissa
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/120/120 5'3" Age 70
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2002 Atkins 2011 JUDDD 2016 BSD/JUDDD
Hi everyone. Good to hear that your are feeling better Tara. And I agree JUDDD is a wonderful plan. The world is catching on to the benefits of Alternate Day Fasting and there is more and more good science baron extolling its virtues. Just wish Dr J got some publicity now and again.

Loved the story behind your handle Frosty. Kissa was my sweet cat, gone almost 2 years now. We still have her daughter but even she is 17 in a week or so.

Cheryl, just a though about the scales. Have you tried placing them on a heavy chopping board? O finding an old tile that is big enough to put them on? Might work.

My DD MintQ8 (Vicky) is arriving with her DH for a week down here in the Westcountry. Always love their company. Houseful the next two weekends as friends will be joining us too.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Hunger is not an emergency.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 05:34 AM   #127
Kissa

Phoenix, how did I not see your wonderful Birthday post? Well, DC and his boys do sound a bit special! No one is perfect, (not even me!) but it does sound as if you may have a keeper... I am so thrilled, no more internet dating agonies, lol.

Old 07-20-2017, 07:12 AM   #128
Carly

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/126.8/125 5'1" 41yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD- maintaining since 2/2013
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Cheryl- DC- Dear Contractor (a cute nick-name for the man Phoenix is dating). Could you get a piece of ply board to put some where in your mobile home and place the scale on it? I wouldn't weigh myself outside in front of other either- nope- no way!

Phoenix- So glad DC blew it out of the park. I agree with Cindy- no one is perfect, but I figure if they meet the mark 80% of the time you are doing well. None of us, who have been married for some year would tell you that every day is sunshine and roses, but I can say for myself that DW and I have many, many more good times than the ones that are less good.

Tara- glad you are feeling better. JUDDD has really spoiled me. I'm not sure I would like any WOE even half as much as JUDDD.

Cindy- have a great time with Vicky and your family!

Slow- it does sound like buying a replacement is the way to go. Have you looked on Amazon- I'm amazed at what they have- even when I think it's going to be a hard item to find.

Frosty- loved the story about your screen name- mine has no back story to speak of

Bluebelle- sending DH lots of good mojo for his interview!

I hope I didn't miss anyone, but my work duties beckon.

TTYL

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 08:43 AM   #129
phoenix17
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: phoenix17
Stats: getting there slowly but surely
WOE: LC, MF and now JUDDD
Bluebelle for the interview!!!! I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed for you! also yay for the DD!

CherylB- sorry yeah as Carly already mentioned the "DC" was a little joke started by Bluebelle. I was whining about the trials and tribulations of internet dating when I went on a date with my contractor and voila "DC" was invented! We giggled a bit on telling single friends to hire a contractor or two . I second the suggestions for plywood or tile for your scale.

thanks all for the comments on my bday celebration. I only commented on things not being perfect because I feel a little weird just going on about the good stuff. Silly right? But I guess I really just meant to say that it seems real. I do have to get out of my own head some times though when I start the over analyzing. I do it with everything, not just relationships, but having a wee bit of commitment-phobia my over analyzing tends to have a more negative impact so I try to keep it in mind what I'm doing.

I'd like to hear the stories behind other nicknames! Bluebelle? I can kind of guess on SlowSure but would like to hear it anyway. Vlo? I'm pretty sure I know where Carly and Cheryl came from . Ailuros? Kind - that one is easy too but is there a story?
Phoenix17 - I like mythological creatures and especially the Phoenix as i feel it represents my personality- that despite things that have happened in my life that have been like a big fire/disaster, I always (try to) rise from the ashes. Also I have red hair and one of my friends who was an X-man fan knicknamed me Phoenix too. and of course 17 is the number of my birthday.

I'm trying for a DD today but am supposed to be meeting up with a friend who is in town. I don't really have time to meet up with her but she is not in town often so I think I will regret it if I don't. I can manage a single glass of wine!
I just spilled a whole cup of coffee down the front of my shirt.
phoenix17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 09:25 AM   #130
quietnite
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: quietnite
Stats: 278/255/165
Hi,folks, I've been lurking and reading. Had some wonderful but hard DD that last couple but the scale moved so I'm feeling strong. Leaving next week for my second honeymoon, husband and I married 25 years are going for 8 days to Costa Rica. I've never been out of the country before and haven't flown in a number of years. I'm super anxious plus really want to try to stick to rotations so I feel good while I'm there. Just thought I'd pop in and say all that out loud. And let you know that I'm still reading all the time and keeping up on y'all
quietnite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 10:08 AM   #131
Bluebelle
Senior LCF Member

Tara loved reading your post. Couldn't agree with what you said about JUDDD more.

Phoenix I totally missed your birthday post as well! DC is so smitten with you (I love helicopter rides - only been in two, but they were so exhilarating). I am not surprised at all that those boys have gotten so fond of you as well - you seem like such a sweetheart. Very, very happy for you.

LOL about "DC"! About my LCF nickname - I wish I had a better story, but I just really love bluebells

Quietnite congrats on the second honeymoon/trip! I actually live in CR, believe it or not - feel free to message me for any suggestions on what to do!
Old 07-20-2017, 10:43 AM   #132
quietnite
Senior LCF Member

Bluebelle it actually makes the anxiety better, just knowing that there are JUDDD buds in CR! People JUDDD there!
Old 07-20-2017, 11:53 AM   #133
Bluebelle
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietnite View Post
Bluebelle it actually makes the anxiety better, just knowing that there are JUDDD buds in CR! People JUDDD there!
We do (or at least I do!). However, it's your 2nd honeymoon!! Don't mean to tell you to flake off the WOE, but you should enjoy yourself.
Old 07-20-2017, 12:02 PM   #134
quietnite
Senior LCF Member

Naw, if I mess up my rotations, my knees start to hurt. It's a thing for me right now so its really important to me that I feel really good the whole time I'm down there. Totally selfish for the Honeymoon thing.
Old 07-20-2017, 02:08 PM   #135
Kissa

Quietnite, having met Bluebelle, any advice she has about fun and good food would add to your second honeymoon. Do have the most wonderful time, I've been with mine for 44 years now, many of them married.

Really hoping your husbands interview is a success.

Old 07-21-2017, 02:06 PM   #136
Bluebelle
Senior LCF Member

Haha, cracking endorsement!

Besides his interview scheduled for Aug. 5, DH also has 2 leads on other jobs so far. He has signed up to take a bunch of online certification courses to enhance his resume (and stay busy). We are feeling positive.

About to leave to run errands and take DS to swim class. Having a good DD so far - just an apple. And a good UD yesterday. Hoping a pupusa is in my very near future!
Old 07-22-2017, 01:07 PM   #137
FrostyBeav
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: FrostyBeav
Stats: 231/217/160
WOE: EOD JUDDD
Start Date: 9/25/16
My son and I went hiking yesterday. The hike we were doing is supposed to make a big loop (actually more of a triangle). We did this hike about three years ago and enjoyed it. Then, two years ago, there was a massive wildfire in the area. The trails were closed last year and then opened this year. I wanted to see what the area looked like now a couple of years after the burn.

Unfortunately, the trails were in pretty bad shape. A lot of it was overgrown and we frequently walked through chest deep brush. It was also fairly easy to lose the trail in spots. All of the trail markers had been burned off and have not been replaced yet.

The third leg of the triangle that was supposed to take us back to near where we started goes up a steep draw, following a creek, until it hits the second leg of the trail. We couldn't find the trail at first but finally found it with our GPS. The entire draw was choked with burnt snags and was impassible. We ended having to backtrack all the way back to the trailhead, which added about 2.5 miles to the hike.

Dog really wanted to go with us but she was limping around yesterday so we didn't take her. It was a good thing because a lot of the brush that we hiked through had burrs and stickers. She would have been one giant tangle of burrs.

Start of the trail. The burn came right down to the trailhead.

Partway up the first leg.

The first leg gets pretty steep at the end where it climbs a ridge.

At the top of the ridge, looking towards Ryan Hill. The fire took pretty much everything.

The second leg winds around Ryan Hill to another even higher ridge. These wildflowers were everywhere and were one of the main culprits in choking the trail.

Just another view while climbing up the back of Ryan Hill

A view from the top of the second ridge, looking west. The fire traveled a long way, though it goes even further towards the east.

There are always a lot of wildflowers in the mountains here, even with the hot summer we've had so far.

Another view to the west. The burn is a little more spotty here.

It wasn't a very enjoyable hike because of the trail conditions and the lack of shade but it was an experience and I am glad I got to see it. I imagine it will be several years before the Forest Service gets the trails back in good shape. It was kind of interesting getting to the trailhead though. We saw quite a few rabbits and squirrels on the forest service road to the trailhead but also saw three coyote puppies. They were about half grown and ran down the road in front of us for quite awhile (I slowed way down to avoid scaring them too much). We also had to make our way through a herd of cattle that were not very cooperative about getting out of way. Dog would have gone nuts.
Old 07-22-2017, 01:26 PM   #138
FrostyBeav
Major LCF Poster!

Sorry about the massive pictures. Normally, they post in a thumbnail view that you can click on for a bigger view. Not sure why they didn't this time and I can no longer edit it.
Old 07-22-2017, 03:14 PM   #139
CherylB
Big Yapper!

Wow, Frosty. That's so sad. I know it's necessary and all a part of a natural cycle but it's tough to see such a beautiful place turned to cinder. It looks like many of those trees could still be harvested and chopped up for firewood. It only looks as though they were torched on the bark and outside edges. Is that something they would have people do? I don't know how else they could clear out all those dead trees. Do they just let them stand until they fall? Then the cycle begins anew. They will be the fuel for the next burn.

I can see why it was so hard to find the trail or even to walk along it. That must have been fun to see those pups. I'm glad you left your dog home, too. Well, now you know what it looks like. Very sad and yet the wild flowers are gorgeous.

Last edited by CherylB; 07-22-2017 at 03:16 PM..
Old 07-22-2017, 03:18 PM   #140
CherylB
Big Yapper!

Just checking in on another DD. Doing fine and very thankful to be on track. Except for that one day when I just couldn't manage it, I have been on course. I've corrected my daily calories (to just eat what I'm allowed for being sedentary and not accounting for exercise) and my body is adjusting.

That's all the news I got. Hope everyone is doing well !
Old 07-22-2017, 07:05 PM   #141
FrostyBeav
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Wow, Frosty. That's so sad. I know it's necessary and all a part of a natural cycle but it's tough to see such a beautiful place turned to cinder. It looks like many of those trees could still be harvested and chopped up for firewood. It only looks as though they were torched on the bark and outside edges. Is that something they would have people do? I don't know how else they could clear out all those dead trees. Do they just let them stand until they fall? Then the cycle begins anew. They will be the fuel for the next burn.

I can see why it was so hard to find the trail or even to walk along it. That must have been fun to see those pups. I'm glad you left your dog home, too. Well, now you know what it looks like. Very sad and yet the wild flowers are gorgeous.
They are salvaging lumber at one end of the burn. I don't know if they will do this part because there are no roads and they can't make additional roads because it's on the national forest land. They may do it by helicopter. Most of the trees are pretty small.
Old 07-22-2017, 07:41 PM   #142
CherylB
Big Yapper!

Well, that's good that they can do it sometimes. I thought most looked small but some in the foreground looked decent.

Goodnight, everyone. Gotta go untangle my dog, I'm sure. I'm in a campground and put her out on a long cable and she always wraps around the dually, if not 3 other things to boot. But she's mine!

ETA: IT'S A MIRACLE! Not stuck.

Last edited by CherylB; 07-22-2017 at 07:47 PM..
Old 07-23-2017, 10:40 AM   #143
quietnite
Senior LCF Member

Good morning. Just another DD here. I started up with the ionized magnesium again and between that and clean rotations, my knees are feeling a lot better. And the air conditioner is fixed after a week. Slept like a baby. Hope everyone has a great day. Those pics were amazing, Frosty.
Old 07-23-2017, 10:55 AM   #144
CherylB
Big Yapper!

Quietnite, I am experiencing relief from knee pain with JUDDD, too! It was so bad that I was shopping for knee braces just a month ago. I can't believe how much better they feel. It's so amazing! That alone is keeping me on JUDDD.
Old 07-24-2017, 06:42 AM   #145
Carly

Wow Frosty- incredible pictures. I sure don't see anything like that in my neck of the woods (or not-woods )

__________________________________________________ ______

It's rainy and cooler here today. I think the high will be 74*, since last week was in the 90's with very high humidity it almost feels colds. (I'm wearing a sweater, full length sleeves, with my dress.)

I hope the rain stops for my lunch time walk. It looks like it might.

I'm so bloated and retaining enough water to fill a swimming pool. Hoping it will choose to get going.

Yup- no back to story to my user name other than the way I actually got named and that goes like this- a few weeks before I was born my parents went to see a movie and they were watching the credits and the make-up artist's name was Carly. Not all that exciting, but people think I was named after Carly Simon, but- nope.

In the mid 70's Carly was not a common name, but I think it's much more common now. Someone told me there was a soap opera character named Carly at one point.

Back to work- TTYL

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

Old 07-24-2017, 09:38 AM   #146
Librarygirl
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Hello Everyone. I am still struggling to diet at all. I am back to my starting weight in 2012 when I started JUDDDing. I never lost the incredible amounts of weight some of you boasted, but I did mange to drop about 40 lbs overall. According to my height and bone structure, I should be around 145 tops, but I didn't get below about 175 and still looked so much better. I'm not sure how to get motivated to do it again...but I am really tired of carrying all this weight around.

Missed you all! Has anyone read about the fasting 5 days and feasting 25 days that was recently in the news?

"Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."

*Cindy*
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 11:34 AM   #147
Carly

Hi Cindy

I have not heard of the plan you mentioned, but I suspect I could off set any good I did in 5 days of fasting with 25 days of feasting, but I haven't heard about it, so maybe I'm missing something.

Jump on in- the JUDDD waters are fine.

Old 07-24-2017, 11:52 AM   #148
Ailuros
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Ailuros
WOE: Controlled carb, real food
Most of the plans that mention “feast” days turn out to mean something much more moderate when you read the small print!
Ailuros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 11:55 AM   #149
Carly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailuros View Post
Most of the plans that mention “feast” days turn out to mean something much more moderate when you read the small print!
I think feast means something different to almost everyone. Eating 2,000 calories a day for a few days in a row would feel like epic feasting to me, but I know that for some people 2,000 calories feels like a diet...

Old 07-24-2017, 12:00 PM   #150
Ailuros
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Ailuros
WOE: Controlled carb, real food
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
I think feast means something different to almost everyone. Eating 2,000 calories a day for a few days in a row would feel like epic feasting to me, but I know that for some people 2,000 calories feels like a diet...
2000 calories for 25 days of the month wouldn’t work for weight loss for me!
Ailuros is offline   Reply With Quote