Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 03-28-2017, 05:55 AM   #481
GailyGail
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GailyGail
Stats: 200/150/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2, 2012
Mick, your menu looks great! LOL -- I hear you about Tylenol and bed!

Here is what I ate yesterday -- I do Intermittent Fasting (IF) so only eat once a day:
B: coffee with cream
Throughout the day: water, sparking water, one diet soda
Dinner: grilled pork chops, fresh green beans, small serving of butternut squash

Today, I think we are eating turkey burgers and arugula salad

Misty and rainy here in Boston so I worked out on the elliptical instead of doing my long walk. Hope everyone has an excellent day!
GailyGail is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2017, 07:21 AM   #482
Dimply
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Dimply
Stats: 251/162/125 76" lost
WOE: Atkins/IF
Start Date: 01/01/2017
Scale is still all over the place

Rededicated & Lcmomma 2017!! Glad you have joined us!

Michelle - I have a pair of pj bottoms that keep sliding down, & DH asked me if I was joining a gang. Yeah - the middle-aged soccer mom gang

GailyGail - I do IF with coffee in the morning & then dinner also. It is not only about weight loss for me; it feels more natural to me than 3 meals a day. When I actually listen to my body, that is. When I am in binge mode I eat all day. Not pretty.

Mick - Belated to your DH! So many March b-days on this thread: your DH, my DH, Violet, Michelle, and of course, Hazel who was 2 weeks yesterday. Check out the cute Easter bunny
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_183511.jpg (40.1 KB, 4 views)
Dimply is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 07:31 AM   #483
Rededicated
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Rededicated
Thanks for the welcome everyone! I've been on quite a journey and don't have much energy/emotion towards much yet. I'm baby stepping it at this point, and proud that I'm just able to even take a baby step.

I hope everyone has a GREAT low carb day!

Day 1-185
Day 2-183
Day 3-183
Day 4-182.6
Rededicated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 08:37 AM   #484
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MichelleHu
Stats: 257/213.6/140
WOE: LC/GF Fung Fasting
Start Date: 12/1/2001 then 5/29/13 restart 12/29/16
Yay I'm finally back! Company is gone! I can get my house back to normal and have coffee in peace and check in every morning.

I see we have some new joiners just hop on in here. I see we had a birthday and another coming

This last week was stressful, it was stressful company. I made it through maintaining at 227 so I am sure happy about that. There was no way I could have stuck totally to diet in losing mode so I decided if I made it through the week maintaining after leveling out I was good with that. Probably omad today, there's tater tot casserole to finish up for the family but I think I'm just going to have that omelette I didn't get the other night.i gotta go Violet is on the run.

So happy to see new faces and will check in later
MichelleHu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 11:01 AM   #485
GailyGail
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Dimply: your comment about the middle aged soccer mom gang made me laugh -- so funny! Thanks for the giggle! And Hazel is a beautiful baby!

Rededicated: a 3 pound weight loss in four days is amazing! Congratulations! You are doing really well so far.

Michelle: so glad your company is gone and you can relax in a bit. It is hard having houseguests sometimes.

Speaking of tater tot casserole, have you guys seen the new cauliflower tots from Birds Eye in the frozen food sections? we tried them and they were good. You can also make homemade cauliflower tots for even less carbs too.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 03-28-2017, 05:00 PM   #486
Dimply
Senior LCF Member

Michelle - I'm glad your house is yours' again. WTG not letting the stress ruin your eating!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GailyGail View Post
And Hazel is a beautiful baby!
Speaking of tater tot casserole, have you guys seen the new cauliflower tots from Birds Eye in the frozen food sections? we tried them and they were good. You can also make homemade cauliflower tots for even less carbs too.
Thank you! She is my niece, and the first baby born in my immediate family since her big sister 11 years ago. She is well on her way to becoming the most spoiled baby on Earth.
I have seen the cauliflower tots & the riced cauliflower, but have not tried them. I am not a fan of cauliflower & find that when people say "you can't even taste it", I can! Fantastic idea, though, and I like that replacing carbs like rice & potatoes with a low-carb veg is mainstream enough for Birds Eye to roll out those products.

Rededicated - Baby steps are fine, especially if you have a lot else going on in your life. And it's working! Almost 4 lbs in as many days is a fabulous start!

Mick - What is coconut manna?
Old 03-28-2017, 07:17 PM   #487
Mick6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mick6
Stats: 238.8/190/140 (first 10 in 2016)
WOE: carb nite/ allergy free
Howdy all!! Today was a much better day I had to go in 2 hours early to do the early stuff but got to leave at my normal time as my coworker was back late morning. I normal order to put away instead of two huge ones of 49 pound boxes. Hopefully I dont have to fill in again for quite a while and can stay on my nice 4 hour shift I am so glad my coworker is back. Sounds like she had a well deserved fantastic time and looks so nice and tan!

I tried new porkchop recipe with a cream sauce. Yuck! I wont be trying that again. The creamed spinach was excellent though!

Coffee with cream and a cheese stick

1/4 c taco meat / 1/4 c cheese/ sour cream and salsa/ celery

spoon of coconut manna

yucky pork chop and creamed spinach

Quote:

Here is what I ate yesterday -- I do Intermittent Fasting (IF) so only eat once a day:
Dinner: grilled pork chops, fresh green beans, small serving of butternut squash

Misty and rainy here in Boston so I worked out on the elliptical instead of doing my long walk. Hope everyone has an excellent day!
Your menu looks fabulous! Squash sounds delicious. Do you do anything special with your salads? Sorry to hear you had rainy weather. today was a treat in WI. I was sunny and 67. It has been so cold and wet.

Ive looked for those tots. Everytime they are out so I figure they must be good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimply View Post
Scale is still all over the place

Michelle - I have a pair of pj bottoms that keep sliding down, & DH asked me if I was joining a gang. Yeah - the middle-aged soccer mom gang

[

Mick - Belated to your DH! So many March b-days on this thread: your DH, my DH, Violet, Michelle, and of course, Hazel who was 2 weeks yesterday. Check out the cute Easter bunny
I think we need to form a scale smashing club if they dont shape up soon. Ya know its fibbing though with your PJ pants falling down. That is too funny!

Coconut Manna is a type of coconut butter. Not sweetned at all just some of the coconut flesh and the oil all whipped into a butter. Its a bite of heaven.

Thanks! He enjoyed it. I think we are going to the zoo for mine this weekend if the weather cooperates. They have babies!

Your niece is just the cutest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rededicated View Post
Thanks for the welcome everyone! I've been on quite a journey and don't have much energy/emotion towards much yet. I'm baby stepping it at this point, and proud that I'm just able to even take a baby step.

Day 1-185
Day 2-183
Day 3-183
Day 4-182.6
It looks like you are off to a really great start! keep at it and youll be feeling thrilled in no time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleHu View Post
Yay I'm finally back! Company is gone! I can get my house back to normal and have coffee in peace and check in every morning.

I see we have some new joi
ners just hop on in here. I see we had a birthday and another coming
This last week was stressful, it was stressful company. I made it through maintaining at 227 so I am sure happy about that. There was no way I could have stuck totally to diet in losing mode so I decided if I made it through the week maintaining after leveling out I was good with that. Probably omad today, there's tater tot casserole to finish up for the family but I think I'm just going to have that omelette I didn't get the other night.i gotta go Violet is on the run.

So happy to see new faces and will check in later
Welcome back!!! Wow oh wow girl you did fantastic holding that number with company!!! Even stressful company at that!!!

Last edited by Mick6; 03-28-2017 at 07:18 PM..
Mick6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 06:20 AM   #488
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rededicated View Post

Day 1-185
Day 2-183
Day 3-183
Day 4-182.6
Fantastic! keep doing what you are doing, you got it going on!
Old 03-29-2017, 06:23 AM   #489
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Michelle - I'm glad your house is yours' again. WTG not letting the stress ruin your eating!

I have seen the cauliflower tots & the riced cauliflower, but have not tried them. I am not a fan of cauliflower & find that when people say "you can't even taste it", I can! Fantastic idea, though, and I like that replacing carbs like rice & potatoes with a low-carb veg is mainstream enough for Birds Eye to roll out those products.

Rededicated - Baby steps are fine, especially if you have a lot else going on in your life. And it's working! Almost 4 lbs in as many days is a fabulous start!

Mick - What is coconut manna?
I will try to find those cauli tots, cause I wasn't impressed with my homemade ones. I agree, you can always taste it. And I drown mine in condiments too.
Old 03-29-2017, 06:28 AM   #490
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member

Mick ~ that musta been one terrible cream sauce, what in the world happened to it? Cream sauces are pretty forgiving, was it some off the wall spices in there. I've made some recipes and after trying them you just know that some wannabe cook with no tastebuds came up with it. Literally thrown the dish out, not a person in the family would eat it. They ran for the pb&j sands and were happy.
Old 03-29-2017, 06:33 AM   #491
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

I have to start making it a point of getting on the elliptical when I'm not going to be out in the yard or across the street working on remodel. Hey Gail? Thanks a lot for that reminder! yum butternut squash I'm going to put one on my grocery list.
Old 03-29-2017, 06:56 AM   #492
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member

Had my omelette last night but it wasn't enough and had pecans later, quite a few. I'm still down some water so happy bout that. Decided I need some higher fat days for a few days until I can get back to omad more comfortably. So I'm doing an egg fast. I have some bacon to use up so have some of that with dinner and some avocado to use to so I will mis that into egg salad and deviled eggs. So it's really going to be an egg heavy fat fast. I'm having a BBQ on Friday so I will be having a burger that night and I will thrown in a green salad but this actually sounds pretty darn yummy for as long as I can take it. I will probably drool over watching them eat the grilled corn on the cob but the potato salad sure isn't going to tempt me! Definitely not ready to hit a potato fast yet again. Those egg transition days I was really enjoying after potato fast.

Was planning on sleeping in this morn but clearly I am back in full on ketosis, hopefully it doesn't take long to get used to again wasn't out that long.

Woohoo so glad to be back firmly in this world, in losing mode! It was scary out there winging it I know how to lose, but I am a terrible maintainer, for the last 17 years anyways. someday I hope to eat like I did in my teens an twenties. Work, run around all day, care for the kiddos, rarely take a bite during the day, get home from work, do some house chores, eat dinner, kids in bed and crash. Stayed in great shape effortlessly. Somehow I don't think it's going to be that easy!

Okay give me all your menus for the day so I can be jealous
Old 03-29-2017, 11:53 AM   #493
GailyGail
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Michelle, yay for the egg fast. Let us know how it goes. I have been dying to do one. Your plan for Friday's BBQ sounds good!

Guys, the Birds Eye cauli tots are really good. I found they tasted a lot like regular tater tots and not so much like cauliflower.

Mick, as for salads, it depends. We do a bunch of different ones. We do an arugula with red onion, cherry tomatoes and homemade Italian dressing (just spices, good olive oil, splash of red wine vinegar, pinch of romano cheese). If we are pressed for time, we do the Dole bagged chopped salads with Ken's steak house dressing. In the warmer weather, we do main dish salads like grilled chicken cobb salad or a sliced steak Caesar salad. I like to switch things up to keep it interesting.

We love butternut and delicate squashes. You can now get butternut squash zoodles in the supermarket too which makes low carb cooking that much easier!

Michelle, the elliptical is great. Just hop on it and watch your favorite TV show and before you know it, one hour has passed!
Old 03-29-2017, 05:22 PM   #494
Mick6
Senior LCF Member

Sounds like Michelle and I both had eggs on the brain!!! I know I ate a spoon full of frosting and had a small glass of wine Sat but WAAAHHHH!!! I started March up quite a few pounds. Lost that . Lost 2 more pounds. Went back up. Down, up , down. Did the potato hack and lost a few oz. Boom right back up with friends!

Checked today and up a tad more from Sunday. I thought about this logically and by what my body is doing. I had some good lower left side stitches a while back and "the girls" are puffy and very sore the last week. Hum I went a few months without that happening. I was listenting to a commerical and started tearing up. Yes that definately comfirms it is PMS. I dont really care as long as I make my weigh in for the game on Sat. I measured and inches are down in March so the scale only matters for that game. Inches down and a stubborn scale work.

Todays eats:
coffee with cream and collagen/ 2 eggs with butter

3 boiled eggs with mayo and half a pepper

3 eggs scrambled with sour cream and bacon

Quote:
Mick ~ that musta been one terrible cream sauce, what in the world happened to it? Cream sauces are pretty forgiving, was it some off the wall spices in there. I've made some recipes and after trying them you just know that some wannabe cook with no tastebuds came up with it. Literally thrown the dish out, not a person in the family would eat it. They ran for the pb&j sands and were happy.
I followed a recipe I found on line and I would say too much worstershire. We scraped it off and the chops were still not too good. LOL If we had bread and jelly we might of went for pb&j!

Quote:
Had my omelette last night but it wasn't enough and had pecans later, quite a few. I'm still down some water so happy bout that. Decided I need some higher fat days for a few days until I can get back to omad more comfortably. So I'm doing an egg fast. I have some bacon to use up so have some of that with dinner and some avocado to use to so I will mis that into egg salad and deviled eggs. So it's really going to be an egg heavy fat fast. I'm having a BBQ on Friday so I will be having a burger that night and I will thrown in a green salad but this actually sounds pretty darn yummy for as long as I can take it. I will probably drool over watching them eat the grilled corn on the cob but the potato salad sure isn't going to tempt me! Definitely not ready to hit a potato fast yet again. Those egg transition days I was really enjoying after potato fast.

Was planning on sleeping in this morn but clearly I am back in full on ketosis, hopefully it doesn't take long to get used to again wasn't out that long.

Woohoo so glad to be back firmly in this world, in losing mode! It was scary out there winging it I know how to lose, but I am a terrible maintainer, for the last 17 years anyways. someday I hope to eat like I did in my teens an twenties. Work, run around all day, care for the kiddos, rarely take a bite during the day, get home from work, do some house chores, eat dinner, kids in bed and crash. Stayed in great shape effortlessly. Somehow I don't think it's going to be that easy!

Okay give me all your menus for the day so I can be jealous
LOL your comment about not drooling over the potato salad made me laugh! I get you and I only made it two days. Burgers mmmmm. Good luck on the egg fast! You did fab maintaining. It is hard day to day but maybe these small trials along the way are a great preview! Id like to eat like in my teens and 20's too. Like an absolute glutten that couldnt gain a pound. Gee I didnt even appreciate it either! In all honesty a friends mom was thin as long as she lived and she did OMAD.

Quote:
Michelle, yay for the egg fast. Let us know how it goes. I have been dying to do one. Your plan for Friday's BBQ sounds good!

Guys, the Birds Eye cauli tots are really good. I found they tasted a lot like regular tater tots and not so much like cauliflower.

Mick, as for salads, it depends. We do a bunch of different ones. We do an arugula with red onion, cherry tomatoes and homemade Italian dressing (just spices, good olive oil, splash of red wine vinegar, pinch of romano cheese). If we are pressed for time, we do the Dole bagged chopped salads with Ken's steak house dressing. In the warmer weather, we do main dish salads like grilled chicken cobb salad or a sliced steak Caesar salad. I like to switch things up to keep it interesting.

We love butternut and delicate squashes. You can now get butternut squash zoodles in the supermarket too which makes low carb cooking that much easier!

Michelle, the elliptical is great. Just hop on it and watch your favorite TV show and before you know it, one hour has passed!
Ill have to keep looking for the tots! That must be why they are always out of stock here! You are just a fount of cool grocery knowledge. I had no idea there was a such thing as butternut squash zoodles.

The salads sound fabulous!

DIMPLY~ Hope you are having a great day and the scale decided to mind its manners. If not I do have an axe
Old 03-29-2017, 05:50 PM   #495
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member

My egg day has been a breeze and yummy. I haven't eaten enough, but have plenty ready to go in the fridge. Just not even hungry for dinner. Picked up 3 dozen today. I will probably cruise some food porn egg recipes! Woohoo food porn!

We were all up a few at the end of last month too and as soon as the month rolled over we all started losing again. I think it's mostly hormones. Probably all start seeing some nice losses again so hang in there!
Old 03-30-2017, 05:56 AM   #496
Mick6
Senior LCF Member

Good morning everyone!

Glad it was a breeze for you Michelle! Yeah we did seem to have some ups around here the end of Feb. No worries with me as it will pass for sure. I really only care about the scale for the contest.
Old 03-30-2017, 07:14 AM   #497
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member

Yay only 2 up from my lowest so my quasi egg/fat fast is working. And it's tastes good with lots of possibilities. I'm not stopping till I hit 5 lbs below my last low. This is prime losing time again!

Was cruising a fat fast thread last night and they had a pumpkin shake. I ran out to the living room and said to DH " guess what I'm having for dinner tomorrow?" And he said _ blank look on face_ "a pumpkin shake" then I did a little dance and a couple more of these . The poor man probably thought I wanted him to look for fried crickets with no added sugar at Walmart tomorrow cause they are the perfect thing for whatever crazy diet I decided I'm doing for that day. " and make sure they are the no added sugar kind, otherwise I don't want them", would be the last thing I would say as he went out the door on his heroic valiant food quest.

Also I'm going to try to make scotch eggs tonight so it might be a scotch egg and a pumpkin shake might need to save a few cals too have them both for dinner. I think the shake was like 300 cals. I sent the recipe to myself. I've just been making sure since I been adding lots of fat to my eggs that I don't hit crazy cals. Otherwise not hungry and tastebuds happy is awesome.

Dd1 decided she's egg fasting too. Next thing I know she's cooking up an omelette for her lunch at work and boiling a dozen eggs. So hers is a purer egg fast so far but she's probably only up about 10 lbs and 23 so it just slides off her fast. She usually just gives up sugar for a couple weeks and is good to go but with company and since the party.....so then I ding ding ding uh oh, I know she just boiled a dozen and made a omelette, my egg supply is fast depleting so run back in kitchen to look at the grocery list and she has written 5 dozen eggs on it! Woohoo good girl!
Old 03-30-2017, 07:16 AM   #498
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick6 View Post
Good morning everyone!

Glad it was a breeze for you Michelle! Yeah we did seem to have some ups around here the end of Feb. No worries with me as it will pass for sure. I really only care about the scale for the contest.

Today's Thursday so 2 days till weigh in? You are so close to wonderland, I would be chomping at the bit for that. This is probably going to be the month you hit it!
Old 03-30-2017, 08:50 AM   #499
Dimply
Senior LCF Member

We had really bad weather yesterday morning - heavy rain, thunderstorms, tornado warnings - but all was clear & sunny by afternoon. Today & tomorrow look nice too, which is good since DH & I are going to the Cubs vs Astros exhibition game tomorrow. Last game before opening day.

Mick - Hope you get to go to the zoo Sat. Speaking of animal babies, I don't think April the giraffe has given birth yet. I'm starting to believe the meme that she faked her pregnancy so her boyfriend wouldn't leave

Michelle - Good luck with the egg fast!

Gail - I may get brave & try the cault-tots. We'll see

yesterday:
B - coffee w/cream & DaVinci's
D - bunless cheeseburger w/mustard; salad w/bacon, cheese, Ranch dressing
Old 03-30-2017, 10:18 AM   #500
GailyGail
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Michelle, love how your daughter is doing the egg fast. What is in the pumpkin shake? I just bought a can of organic pumpkin and was going to make Pumpkin Bake (a famous low carb recipe -- it's kind of like a baked pumpkin mousse) but the shake sounds fabulous.

Dimply, try the Cauli Tots! They are good and satisfy that carby craving in a pinch. I will warn you that they are not super super low in carbs so you need to stick to a small portion or find a way to have a higher carb day when you eat them. So sorry about your bad weather but glad things cleared up for you. Are you in Houston? That is such a cool city.

Mick, sorry about the PMS. I have it too. What a drag. I always feel either tired or a little depressed/weepy as well as hungry right before TOM. Sending good vibes your way.

Sunny day here in Boston but we are getting SNOW tomorrow. Only 2-3 inches but still -- what a drag. We've been jonesing for spring here so badly.

Tony has been craving Mexican and it is his turn to cook tonight. He is making this good low carb Mexican concoction. He cooks up ground pork in Mexican spices and serves it with fajita veggies like peppers and onions. Sometimes he puts the mixture in a low carb tortilla, adds a little cheese and grills the tortilla. Or sometime we eat it plan with homemade guacamole, salsa and pico de gallo when we want to cut carbs even further. It actually tastes really good -- great Mexican flavors without all the carbs. But I gotta admit, I always want chips. If we can put people on the moon, why can't someone make super tasty low-carb/low-calorie tortilla chips and zero calorie margaritas that have the same healing properties as fresh water? Oh well, I can dream!
Old 03-30-2017, 02:11 PM   #501
Dimply
Senior LCF Member

I hope everyone is having a great day!

I forgot to mention my NSV; Lawd knows I am not getting any scale victories these days I went closet shopping this morning & tried on a pair of straight cut pants. They fit great - no muffin top even without Spanx! The waistband sat a little higher than my waistline, which helped. I also tried on a spring sweater that I used to wear at least once a week because I love it so much. I wore it way past the time I should have fit wise, because I remember putting it on & stretching it out with my knees. Fit like a charm & no knee-stretching needed! I also wore the pants way past the time they fit well. They have an off-center button, hook & eye, zipper closure, and the poor button is so loose.

Gail - Yes, I am in Houston, where your hometown NFL team defeated the dirty birds in the SB. Can't believe you're getting snow tomorrow! Your "only" 2-3" would shut the city down here. Seriously. Our expected high temp tomorrow is 84.
I love pumpkin bake!
You are so lucky that Tony cooks, and his Mexican pork sounds delicious! My DH grills every Sunday, but other than that cooking to him is tuna or cold cuts. Or of course a drive-thru, but we are avoiding those these days!

Last edited by Dimply; 03-30-2017 at 02:12 PM..
Old 03-30-2017, 05:06 PM   #502
GailyGail
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Dimply, that is AWESOME! You are losing weight and inches -- the water weight just has to catch up to the fat lost. Yay that your clothes fit great! This is a huge victory and one that has the whole gang here inspired and fired up. So THANK YOU for sharing this.

Houston is so cool and thank you for acknowledging the victory. I almost moved to Houston to work for a company called Compaq years ago. The city and the surrounding areas have a really interesting, fun vibe.

Isn't Pumpkin Bake great? Guys, if you ever have a sweet tooth for something that tastes like a cinnamon pumpkin pie type mousse for only 4 carbs per serving, look no further. Happy to post the recipe too.

Have a great night all
Old 03-31-2017, 05:14 AM   #503
Mick6
Senior LCF Member

Good morning ladies! Down to 207.2. A little lower tomorrow would be good. I had a bit of a sad day yesterday that killed my appetite a bit after getting upset. Killing the appetite a bit is not a bad thing since Im a chow hound. This too shall pass. People just forget grief never really leaves. I know nothing was meant to do harm by sending me all the crap.

Weather is still looking good for the zoo tomorrow. Dh offered to do a wheat free angel food with 7 minute frosting but Im thinking it would benefit me greatly to pass. Im getting close to under 200. Besides its not like I can never have one ever again and it doesnt need to be a special occasion.

You know ladies Im still wondering what happened to FINDINGME!!!

yesterday

coffee with cream and collagen

2 boiled eggs with a bit of mayo

2 slices of bacon

DIMPLY~ Im hoping you didnt have any storm damage since you didnt mention any. Thats great it cleared up. Have a blast at the game!!!

Ha aha that is too funny about the giraffe! You may be on to something

Your menu looks point on as usual! HUGE congrats on the closet shopping!! I bet you were just grinning ear to ear. What a fabulous feeling! See that old scale is a fibber and you again proved it! WTG!!!

GAIL~ Im sorry to hear you have the dreaded PMS! I hope it departs quickly for you! I think mine is departing as well lets be blunt everything now fits in the bra and doesnt hurt as bad.Oh and the water woosh. I had a hysterectomy so my ovary does its crazy thing , pms etc but thats all.

Oh your Mexican food sounds divine! Oh I want maragartitas like that!! Have you ever tried deep frying the low carb tortillas for chips? They are not going to make angels sing but they are passable.

A HUGE UGH on the snow! NO MORE SNOW!!! Come on spring!!! Please do share the pumpkin recipe

MICHELLE~ Thats is fun your daughter is doing it with you! Oh do share the pumkin shake recipe with us! That is too funny about your husband and having to run off on obscure food quests Now that's love!

Youll have to clue us on on what egg fast recipes are good since! I did see one for egg noodles and sauce once. Looked interesting. 5 dozen eggs sounds about right! one can never run out! That might be a LC sin

I cant wait to see how you do with this! Go you!!

Yes tomorrow is weigh in for the contest. April better be the month I hit onerland
Old 03-31-2017, 07:29 AM   #504
GailyGail
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Mick, congratulations on the weight loss! That is awesome! I am sorry you were feeling sad though so I'm sending you some good vibes and a virtual hug. Good for you for turning down the wheat free angel food cake which actually sounds delicious. Yes, you will be in onederland by April!

A little overcast here today in Boston, waiting for the snow to arrive around 2:00 PM. You guys know I do IF and eat one meal a day so I just started today with coffee and cream and will drink water and one diet soda throughout the day. For our Friday night treat, I sometimes bring home food from one of the nice steakhouses that is right near my office so we might do that. Having yummy low carb options definitely helps me keep the devil (high carb food) at bay if you know what I mean.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 03-31-2017, 08:24 AM   #505
Dimply
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning!

Tried to take the opportunity to sleep in a little this morning, but hungry kitties had other ideas. Still, an extra 30 minutes was nice.

I plan on not eating anything at the ball stadium today. It should not be too difficult, but if we were watching the Cubs at Wrigley, I would be really tempted by one of their milkshakes DH mentioned going for an early dinner after the game, but I told him I would rather eat at home & he is fine with that. Even when I stay low carb, I tend to overeat when eating out.

Gail - Compaq was huge in Houston when I first moved here in 1993. The city has, of course, changed a lot since then, and not always IMO for the better. But priorities and perspectives change, and my needs, awarenesses, and experiences as a 21 year old newlywed are much different than they are today.

Take-out from a steak place sounds like a great idea! Enjoy!

Mick - I'm sorry that you had a sad day yesterday Sometimes memories & reminders bring smiles, and sometimes they bring tears. And sometimes both at the same time.

No damage from the storm, thank goodness. Just some leaves strewn across the yard, and the lawn guys took care of that yesterday.

You have a great attitude about not having cake tomorrow. It's easy to be pouty & have a woe is me attitude, but spending the day with your DH doing what you want to do is worth all the cake in the world.
I miss FindingMe too!

Michelle - How is the egg fast going for you & your DD?

yesterday:
B - coffee w/cream & DaVinci's
D - chicken breast sauteed in olive oil; salad w/lettuce, tomatoes, bacon, & blue cheese dressing
Old 03-31-2017, 05:18 PM   #506
GailyGail
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey Dimply,
Hope you have a great time at the ball game tonight! Yum, milkshakes, I hear you, sister. I used to make a low carb "milkshake" in the blender with coffee, cream, plenty of ice and Splenda. It is actually really good. You can make other flavors by replacing the coffee with strawberries or sugar-free cocoa powder or vanilla extract. Your menu for today looks really good too. Good for you for telling DH to forgo the restaurant meal for eating at home -- that is awesome.

The snow started at noon time today and is supposed to continue to tomorrow night. I got a nice takeout dinner for us at DelFriscos steakhouse and they are always so nice about low carb substitutions. I got Tony the filet medallions with green beans and I got the braised short rib with broccoli. We split two sides: creamed spinach and sautéed wild mushrooms. All very good. When you eat one meal a day, you have to make it count! LOL!

It is supposed to be really crummy out tomorrow -- like a real storm with snow and high winds so I got food to make our meal for tomorrow (so I won't have to go out tomorrow). I am going to make parmesan chicken cutlets (essentially low carb chicken cutlets made with low carb breadcrumbs and substituting flour with xanthan gum), asparagus and salad with lemon and olive oil dressing.

I want to thank you guys for being so inspiring and supportive. I am losing weight and this community is making a difference -- so thank you so much.

Last edited by GailyGail; 03-31-2017 at 05:20 PM..
Old 03-31-2017, 05:39 PM   #507
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I hope everyone is having a great day!

I forgot to mention my NSV; Lawd knows I am not getting any scale victories these days I went closet shopping this morning & tried on a pair of straight cut pants. They fit great - no muffin top even without Spanx! The waistband sat a little higher than my waistline, which helped. I also tried on a spring sweater that I used to wear at least once a week because I love it so much. I wore it way past the time I should have fit wise, because I remember putting it on & stretching it out with my knees. Fit like a charm & no knee-stretching needed! I also wore the pants way past the time they fit well. They have an off-center button, hook & eye, zipper closure, and the poor button is so loose.

Gail - Yes, I am in Houston, where your hometown NFL team defeated the dirty birds in the SB. Can't believe you're getting snow tomorrow! Your "only" 2-3" would shut the city down here. Seriously. Our expected high temp tomorrow is 84.
I love pumpkin bake!
You are so lucky that Tony cooks, and his Mexican pork sounds delicious! My DH grills every Sunday, but other than that cooking to him is tuna or cold cuts. Or of course a drive-thru, but we are avoiding those these days!
Yay for NSV so you've been really losing inches. Gotta love that!
Old 03-31-2017, 05:47 PM   #508
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Hey Dimply,
Hope you have a great time at the ball game tonight! Yum, milkshakes, I hear you, sister. I used to make a low carb "milkshake" in the blender with coffee, cream, plenty of ice and Splenda. It is actually really good. You can make other flavors by replacing the coffee with strawberries or sugar-free cocoa powder or vanilla extract. Your menu for today looks really good too. Good for you for telling DH to forgo the restaurant meal for eating at home -- that is awesome.

The snow started at noon time today and is supposed to continue to tomorrow night. I got a nice takeout dinner for us at DelFriscos steakhouse and they are always so nice about low carb substitutions. I got Tony the filet medallions with green beans and I got the braised short rib with broccoli. We split two sides: creamed spinach and sautéed wild mushrooms. All very good. When you eat one meal a day, you have to make it count! LOL!

It is supposed to be really crummy out tomorrow -- like a real storm with snow and high winds so I got food to make our meal for tomorrow (so I won't have to go out tomorrow). I am going to make parmesan chicken cutlets (essentially low carb chicken cutlets made with low carb breadcrumbs and substituting flour with xanthan gum), asparagus and salad with lemon and olive oil dressing.

I want to thank you guys for being so inspiring and supportive. I am losing weight and this community is making a difference -- so thank you so much.
How much snow did you end up with? We have almost no snow left just where the huge piles were. I also printed out that pumpkin shake, I will post it on here tomorrow for ya...
Old 03-31-2017, 05:51 PM   #509
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick6 View Post
Good morning ladies! Down to 207.2. A little lower tomorrow would be good. I had a bit of a sad day yesterday that killed my appetite a bit after getting upset. Killing the appetite a bit is not a bad thing since Im a chow hound. This too shall pass. People just forget grief never really leaves. I know nothing was meant to do harm by sending me all the crap.

Weather is still looking good for the zoo tomorrow. Dh offered to do a wheat free angel food with 7 minute frosting but Im thinking it would benefit me greatly to pass. Im getting close to under 200. Besides its not like I can never have one ever again and it doesnt need to be a special occasion.

You know ladies Im still wondering what happened to FINDINGME!!!

yesterday

coffee with cream and collagen

2 boiled eggs with a bit of mayo

2 slices of bacon

DIMPLY~ Im hoping you didnt have any storm damage since you didnt mention any. Thats great it cleared up. Have a blast at the game!!!

Ha aha that is too funny about the giraffe! You may be on to something

Your menu looks point on as usual! HUGE congrats on the closet shopping!! I bet you were just grinning ear to ear. What a fabulous feeling! See that old scale is a fibber and you again proved it! WTG!!!

GAIL~ Im sorry to hear you have the dreaded PMS! I hope it departs quickly for you! I think mine is departing as well lets be blunt everything now fits in the bra and doesnt hurt as bad.Oh and the water woosh. I had a hysterectomy so my ovary does its crazy thing , pms etc but thats all.

Oh your Mexican food sounds divine! Oh I want maragartitas like that!! Have you ever tried deep frying the low carb tortillas for chips? They are not going to make angels sing but they are passable.

A HUGE UGH on the snow! NO MORE SNOW!!! Come on spring!!! Please do share the pumpkin recipe

MICHELLE~ Thats is fun your daughter is doing it with you! Oh do share the pumkin shake recipe with us! That is too funny about your husband and having to run off on obscure food quests Now that's love!

Youll have to clue us on on what egg fast recipes are good since! I did see one for egg noodles and sauce once. Looked interesting. 5 dozen eggs sounds about right! one can never run out! That might be a LC sin

I cant wait to see how you do with this! Go you!!

Yes tomorrow is weigh in for the contest. April better be the month I hit onerland
Well hopefully Findingme finds her way back to us soon. I'm cheering you on for onederland. Skip the dessert. It will still be there after onederland.
Old 03-31-2017, 06:04 PM   #510
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member

Yesterday's egg fast went very well. We made scotch eggs, holy moly those are good. I never made them and they are delish! Today I omad till dinner with friends and family cause we did burgers, dogs, pineapple coleslaw which I love, hate coleslaw any other way but pineapple is delish, potato salad and corn on the cob with cilantro lime butter which is the most yummy thing on corn on the cob ever.. I skipped the corn but I will be finding things to put that butter on tomorrow I can tell you that! I was just a a bit under yesterday so just shy of 2 lbs still to go to hit my lowest. On my feet all day and they are all swelled up so got some retention going on there. Back to serious eggs and fat tomorrow. Guys I'm just exhausted so I'm going to go put my feet up and I will check in tomorrow ! Stay on plan my friends it's the weekend, not an excuse to go off the rails! Tough love for ya there