Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 01-15-2017, 12:18 PM   #121
Dimply
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Dimply
Stats: 251/162/125 76" lost
WOE: Atkins/IF
Start Date: 01/01/2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by FindingMe View Post
There is nothing more annoying than constantly having to reel those puppies back in when they are overflowing the too tight bra. Or worse, having just one boob that does that. Not a good look for t-shirts, either.
Wouldn't know anything about that. Nope. Not me

I don't limit my portions other than carbs & dairy so that they are compliant with Atkins. But I am very lucky in that ketosis really does curb my appetite. But still, sometimes a 7 oz chicken breast is too much for me to finish, and other times I wolf the whole thing down. And with salads I sometimes load them up with bacon, cheese, egg, etc., but other nights it's just one of them, or maybe some cherry tomatoes. So my calories cycle up & down naturally, I guess. Of course this is only when I am being a good little low carber. Otherwise, the food I can eat is

Where is everyone? Come check in!
Dimply is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-15-2017, 05:58 PM   #122
Mick6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mick6
Stats: 238.8/190/140 (first 10 in 2016)
WOE: carb nite/ allergy free
Howdy! After going down for the week of course I had to have a spike up for the token weigh in. Oh well only the monthly count. The tokens are for extra prizes. I'm really going to have to watch my carbs the next two weeks so I make my round one goal.

I absolutely can not every but sriracha almonds again. I ate almost the whole can in a sitting and would have eaten the salt out of the can next! They were in my stocking at Christmas Santa has good taste!

Packer/ Dallas game is on! No beer or chips flowing here. Just all those almonds

My old Callnetics vhs bit the dust! I ordered a new Quick Callanetics DVD. It really make my back feel fabulous!!

Todays eats

eggs and bacon

steak and roasted broccoli

small bowl of soup

way to many almonds

Quote:
Wowza, Dimply! You are doing so so awesome!!! And great NSVs, too! There is nothing more annoying than constantly having to reel those puppies back in when they are overflowing the too tight bra. Or worse, having just one boob that does that. Not a good look for t-shirts, either.

Sorry about your tummy. Hope it feels better soon!!!

When it comes to red meat, neither can I. At least with turkey or chicken breast, if I go over that, the calories aren't too crazy.

I hope your token weigh in went well!!!

Thanks about the Green Bean Crisps. I found a good recipe online after I asked you about it and it includes parm. Sounds so delicious and I'm looking forward to trying it. Now to find some fresh green beans...

I'm still staying on track with all of my goals other than the occasional too-low calorie day. I think as long as I don't do consecutive days, my body won't shut down on me.

Have a great long weekend for those not working tomorrow!
The boob comment had me laughing!!! LOL

Let us know how the beans are pith Parmesan when you try it. YUM!

Great job on those goals!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimply View Post
Wouldn't know anything about that. Nope. Not me

I don't limit my portions other than carbs & dairy so that they are compliant with Atkins. But I am very lucky in that ketosis really does curb my appetite. But still, sometimes a 7 oz chicken breast is too much for me to finish, and other times I wolf the whole thing down. And with salads I sometimes load them up with bacon, cheese, egg, etc., but other nights it's just one of them, or maybe some cherry tomatoes. So my calories cycle up & down naturally, I guess. Of course this is only when I am being a good little low carber. Otherwise, the food I can eat is

Where is everyone? Come check in!
Your really doing fabulous!!!!

I dont really count my carbs just stick to low carb veggies etc. I think I might have to start and see how it goes. Thats fabulous low carb really does curb your appetite. I helps with cravings for me but not appetite.
Mick6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 07:29 PM   #123
Kerbear
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Kerbear
May I join?

Hi! This looks like the group I want to be in!
I want to get serious, very,very serious!
I've been yo~yo ing forever it seems.
Going to get on the band wagon tomorrow!
See you all then!
Kerry
Kerbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 09:03 PM   #124
carolann1951
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: carolann1951
Stats: 186/182/140
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 1, 2017
I am ready for this challenge! I started January 1 with no added sugar so I am on day 15 with no slips. I lost 7 lbs and am beginning to eat more calories with the things that have no added sugar like triscuits & cheese.

So now I am ready for just the cheese. In the morning I am starting on Atkins with induction. I have done Atkins with success but it have been quite a long time. My husband is doing this with me so with two weeks of no sugar we are both ready for Atkins.

June seems like a long time but we know how fast time passes. Just think how awesome it will be to stick with this challenge and be down for the summer. We can do it.

I am in 100% and glad for the support and ready to help others. By the way this is my first day on low carb friends & this is my first post.
carolann1951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 06:01 AM   #125
Dimply
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning!

Mick6 - Sorry the scale did not cooperate for your weigh-in
The sirracha almonds sound delicious! DH & I were addicted to wasabi almonds a few years ago. So good!
Are you a Packers fan?

Kerry! This is a great group full of former yo-yo'ers, and I am glad you have joined us! Is this your first experience with low carb? Which plan will you be following?

carolann1951! I am glad you have joined us also! Sounds like you are doing a good job transitioning back to Akins; it can be hard to go cold turkey. My DH is doing this with me also, which helps.

Sunday's food:
B - coffee w/cream & s/f Torani's syrup aka 'the usual'
D - ribeye

Last edited by Dimply; 01-16-2017 at 06:03 AM..
Old 01-16-2017, 10:34 AM   #126
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MichelleHu
Stats: 257/213.6/140
WOE: LC/GF Fung Fasting
Start Date: 12/1/2001 then 5/29/13 restart 12/29/16
Splurged yesterday, don't feel bad about it, was kinda planned. Had some wine too.Got some cravings out of my system. Up a couple lbs, hands and fingers are fat, so a bunch of water ready to come back off. I needed a break. No big deal back at it 100% today. Need to figure out what's for dinner. That's the big dilemma....
MichelleHu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 12:52 PM   #127
FindingMe
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: FindingMe
Welcome Kerry and CarolAnn!

Dimply - I bet you are enjoying these temps! We've hit several records in the last few days. Kind of scary thinking about what summer will be like... Our grass was still growing in December and now it is growing again. I really didn't want to start cutting grass this early...

Mick - I'm sure it is just water and will be gone once you step away from those nuts. Those almonds look delicious. I'm going to make an effort to forget about them... since I have food brain lately.

Michelle - Sometimes we just gotta break away to keep sane. Good to get rid of those flashing neon light cravings though, I completely understand!

Well, I have been really strict all of the many days of 2017 *snicker*, but I seem to stay more hungry lately. I never realized how much coffee suppressed my appetite. I never even thought about food til mid-late afternoon before. Now, I'm watching the clock white knuckling waiting on each meal. Sheesh. Thank goodness for logging and keeping a calorie range or I probably wouldn't be losing anything with my snail like metabolism. Is it horrible that I'm already thinking about my off-day and rationalizing that I need to move it up so it doesn't fall in the middle of a week...because it won't be as much fun if I do it on a TUES or into the first week of a new month. And I worry that if I go into it feeling too deprived that I won't be able to stop myself from going nutso. Life.

Last edited by FindingMe; 01-16-2017 at 12:54 PM..
FindingMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 01:24 PM   #128
Dimply
Senior LCF Member

Michelle - I'm glad you were able to satisfy some cravings (WINE...I miss wine).

FindingMe - 79 degrees today! I am loving it, but am quite sure summer will be a beeyotch as usual. I do think coffee + ketosis really helps my appetite. I rarely have physical hunger until just before mealtime, and head hunger is manageable.
My next planned off day will be DH's birthday in March, and I am already planning what to eat depending on where he wants to go. At one restaurant I can have berries for dessert, so I hope he picks somewhere else In any case, I will have a glass of wine! I would plan my cheat day for a Friday to give myself a couple of days recovery until the new week begins.
Old 01-16-2017, 01:33 PM   #129
FindingMe
Senior LCF Member

Yep, Friday was definitely my planned day of the week...since that is my weigh in day and I can hide the scale for a week to NOT see any upticks.

Now, I'm thinking about adding back some red meat before then since technically it is "on plan". I thought the fattier breakfast and EVOO at dinner would be enough fat to keep me satisfied, but so far it is not working. I did add back tea, but I am still not drinking more than 1-2 cups a day and usually just throw ice in it because it has been so #%&@ hot as I refuse to turn on the AC in freak'n winter.

Anyway, I will figure something out that won't put me back at square one...hopefully.

p.s. HAH! about the berries for dessert...I hear you! fruit as a dessert is illegal in the south, right?

Last edited by FindingMe; 01-16-2017 at 01:40 PM..
Old 01-16-2017, 06:26 PM   #130
Mick6
Senior LCF Member

Hi everyone! We are currently having a lovely little ice storm.Yuck!!! It sure was a busy day again. Work, hospital and then all then regular stuff at home. I hit my 5 miles in the last 50 min of work. I'm thinking my total might be pretty high step wise today since that was 12:30.

Todays eats:

BP coffee

can of tuna, mayo and cucumber. Oh and a cheese stick

cheese stick and 22 pecan halves

Burger wrapped in lettuce with mayo and Sf ketchup? romaine with italian

Im still kind of hungry so I may have some tea with a liberal amount of cream yet.

I definitely got enough water! I fear Ill be up all night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerbear View Post
Hi! This looks like the group I want to be in!
I want to get serious, very,very serious!
I've been yo~yo ing forever it seems.
Going to get on the band wagon tomorrow!
See you all then!
Kerry
Hi Kerry! I'm glad you joined us! Welcome!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolann1951 View Post
I am ready for this challenge! I started January 1 with no added sugar so I am on day 15 with no slips. I lost 7 lbs and am beginning to eat more calories with the things that have no added sugar like triscuits & cheese.

So now I am ready for just the cheese. In the morning I am starting on Atkins with induction. I have done Atkins with success but it have been quite a long time. My husband is doing this with me so with two weeks of no sugar we are both ready for Atkins.

June seems like a long time but we know how fast time passes. Just think how awesome it will be to stick with this challenge and be down for the summer. We can do it.

I am in 100% and glad for the support and ready to help others. By the way this is my first day on low carb friends & this is my first post.
Thanks for joining us! Glad we are your first post Thats awesome hubby is joining you!!!!

Quote:
Mick6 - Sorry the scale did not cooperate for your weigh-in
The sirracha almonds sound delicious! DH & I were addicted to wasabi almonds a few years ago. So good!
Are you a Packers fan?

Sunday's food:
B - coffee w/cream & s/f Torani's syrup aka 'the usual'
D - ribeye
I'm not much of a football fanatic but I have a whole family of rabid Packer fans. Thanks, I figure I need to kill it the next two weigh ins.

MMMM Ribeye!

You and FindingMe are making me have weather envy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleHu View Post
Splurged yesterday, don't feel bad about it, was kinda planned. Had some wine too.Got some cravings out of my system. Up a couple lbs, hands and fingers are fat, so a bunch of water ready to come back off. I needed a break. No big deal back at it 100% today. Need to figure out what's for dinner. That's the big dilemma....
I'm glad you dont feel bad.I know some can be strict forever and ever. To me life happens and I want to enjoy special foods on occasion. MMMMM wine. I have wine envy now!

Quote:
Welcome Kerry and CarolAnn!

Dimply - I bet you are enjoying these temps! We've hit several records in the last few days. Kind of scary thinking about what summer will be like... Our grass was still growing in December and now it is growing again. I really didn't want to start cutting grass this early...

Mick - I'm sure it is just water and will be gone once you step away from those nuts. Those almonds look delicious. I'm going to make an effort to forget about them... since I have food brain lately.

Michelle - Sometimes we just gotta break away to keep sane. Good to get rid of those flashing neon light cravings though, I completely understand!

Well, I have been really strict all of the many days of 2017 *snicker*, but I seem to stay more hungry lately. I never realized how much coffee suppressed my appetite. I never even thought about food til mid-late afternoon before. Now, I'm watching the clock white knuckling waiting on each meal. Sheesh. Thank goodness for logging and keeping a calorie range or I probably wouldn't be losing anything with my snail like metabolism. Is it horrible that I'm already thinking about my off-day and rationalizing that I need to move it up so it doesn't fall in the middle of a week...because it won't be as much fun if I do it on a TUES or into the first week of a new month. And I worry that if I go into it feeling too deprived that I won't be able to stop myself from going nutso. Life.
Cutting grass in December? I so live in the wrong state!

I cant remember why you gave up coffee. Ive hear others say it suppress their appetite also. I think nothing kills mine beside stress. I'm pretty heavy so obviously life is not high stress If your really hungry have you tried adding just a tad more fat?

I have faith in ya you wont go nusto on a planned day off

Quote:
Michelle - I'm glad you were able to satisfy some cravings (WINE...I miss wine).

FindingMe - 79 degrees today! I am loving it, but am quite sure summer will be a beeyotch as usual. I do think coffee + ketosis really helps my appetite. I rarely have physical hunger until just before mealtime, and head hunger is manageable.
My next planned off day will be DH's birthday in March, and I am already planning what to eat depending on where he wants to go. At one restaurant I can have berries for dessert, so I hope he picks somewhere else In any case, I will have a glass of wine! I would plan my cheat day for a Friday to give myself a couple of days recovery until the new week begins.
I had planned to spike my carb a bit on Moms B day the end of this month. I realized I cant do that. I have to do the first end of month weigh in for DB. My dh birthday is in March too

Quote:
Yep, Friday was definitely my planned day of the week...since that is my weigh in day and I can hide the scale for a week to NOT see any upticks.

Now, I'm thinking about adding back some red meat before then since technically it is "on plan". I thought the fattier breakfast and EVOO at dinner would be enough fat to keep me satisfied, but so far it is not working. I did add back tea, but I am still not drinking more than 1-2 cups a day and usually just throw ice in it because it has been so #%&@ hot as I refuse to turn on the AC in freak'n winter.

Anyway, I will figure something out that won't put me back at square one...hopefully.

p.s. HAH! about the berries for dessert...I hear you! fruit as a dessert is illegal in the south, right?
Thats it I need to move. I want the need for AC in December.

Hope ya find a good snack!
Old 01-16-2017, 06:53 PM   #131
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member

Welcome to all the new folks
Turkey tomato lettuce roll ups for lunch and half a burger patty for dinner, just wasn't feeling that burger.
I have more turkey if I get hungry I will do another roll up.
I'm a march bday too, I would really like to be super strict for the next month but I'm finding the food ugh. So I gotta come up with something new to eat.
Old 01-16-2017, 07:31 PM   #132
glidergirl
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: glidergirl
Hi everyone! I need to jump back on the low carb band wagon! I let myself have a little of this and a little of that, and all the cravings came back along with the weight. The support here really helps!
glidergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 06:29 AM   #133
Dimply
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning!

I think we run the a/c for at least a few days every month, regardless of the calendar. Some days, both the a/c and the heat run. That's winter in the south for you!

I think it's funny that we all try to strategically plan our carb/calorie spikes so that our weigh-ins aren't affected. Reminds me of when my mom & sister would weigh in at Weight Watchers then go out & blow all of their bonus points for the week!

All these March birthdays - DH is turning the big 5-0!!

FindingMe - Yeah, whoever decided that fruit for dessert is acceptable has a screw loose. When I go out to eat at a nice restaurant, I am going to splurge on something I would not normally indulge in. My DH? Gets vanilla ice cream with chocolate syrup. No kidding. A whole dessert menu of delicious delectables, and he asks for something, off the menu, that I can pick up on aisle 12 at Super Target.

Mick6 - School wasn't closed for MLK Day yesterday? I'm sorry you had to go out in the bad weather.
I'm a Saints fan, but if they are not playing I don't watch, and we rarely get their games here. DH loves football and watches all the games, and 'advises' the coaches and players from our living room My brother is even worse

Michelle - What is boring you about the food? Limited options? When I am doing low carb, I could eat a chicken breast & salad every day & be fine, but DH gets bored, too. I try to find a new recipe every couple of weeks and then if good, incorporate it into our meal rotation. Maybe that will help?

glidergirl! Glad you have joined us!

I spread my OMAD over 2 meals yesterday to see if that helped with my stomach. It did seem to help, so I am going to continue for a day or 2. I will lose the IF benefits, but better that than feeling

Monday:
B - coffee w/cream & s/f Davinci's syrup
L - salad
D - chicken breast sauteed in olive oil

Have a great day!

Last edited by Dimply; 01-17-2017 at 06:33 AM..
Old 01-17-2017, 06:59 AM   #134
glidergirl
Senior LCF Member

Mick6, I'm guessing you're doing DB? I've done that myself several times. The money does help me stay on track. But the support is much better here. I tried to get them to do a 6 month LC DB, but they wouldn't. I don't think they realized how many Keto/LC people they really have.

Good morning everyone! Are we having weigh ins here? Setting a goal of pounds or inches? I concentrate more on inches because on this WOE, I may not lose pounds every week, but I will lose inches. So I take many different area measurements.
Old 01-17-2017, 07:47 AM   #135
MrsVardy
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MrsVardy
Stats: 269.6/258.6/190
Start Date: 1/1/2017
Hello everyone, I really do apologize for being MIA - I am still going strong. Down another 4 pounds last week a total of 11 pounds in two weeks. I'm very happy with the progress. I have had some very challenging food situations and have managed to stay on plan - which excites me. I'm hoping for a 2 pound loss this week, 3 would be amazing. I have been cooking 3 big meals on the weekends which makes planning for the week very easy. I hope everyone has a great day and keep up the good work.

Mick........228.8........221.2...........202
MrsVardy..269.6........258.6..........230
Dimply.....251...........244.5..........220
FindingMe..257.........249.8..........217
MichelleHu..251........245.............200
DrSailor.....190.........190.6..........175

Breakfast - Cream Eggs, 3 pieces center cut bacon
Lunch - Beef Stroganoff w/cauliflower rice
Dinner - Atkins shake, piece of cheese

Last edited by MrsVardy; 01-17-2017 at 07:54 AM..
MrsVardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 08:28 AM   #136
glidergirl
Senior LCF Member

I've decided to go for 10% loss

Start Weight Current 6/30 Goal

Mick............228.8.....221.2..........202
MrsVardy....269.6.....258.6..........230
Dimply.........251........244.5..........220
FindingMe...257........249.8..........217
DrSailor.......190.........190.6..........175
GliderGirl.....181.0......181.0..........162.9
Old 01-17-2017, 08:30 AM   #137
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member

MrsVardy~ WTG, congrats on the 4 lbs, that's awesome!

All that water is coming out today, good cause I hate feeling puffy. Still feeling real blah about food. Omad today probably. Gotta stay away from wine night and I will do great. First 2 fasts kept it off besides 1 lb but this last one with wine night I went up 3 and it will probably take me 3-5 days to get it back off so that is not good. I guess that was an experiment. Gotta keep it clean longer than a few weeks before another wine night

Glad you all are doing so well! Will check back later....
Old 01-17-2017, 10:44 AM   #138
Dimply
Senior LCF Member

Great loss MrsVardy! WTG!!

Michelle - Sucks that the weight comes right on, but takes much longer to come off. Even if it is just water.

glidergirl - 10% is a great goal, and one you may end up surpassing. What plan are you following? What is DB?

Last edited by Dimply; 01-17-2017 at 10:47 AM..
Old 01-17-2017, 11:32 AM   #139
FindingMe
Senior LCF Member

Michelle - Yay for losing the water bloat!

MrsVardy - Congrats on losing 4 pounds! And kudos on the extra willpower it took to get through those situations.

Welcome GliderGirl! I think everyone does their own dates for weigh ins. I measure once a month and weigh once a week.

Dimply - I'm glad you are feeling better! I was trying not to put my mothering cap on, but I always worry about you eating so little in a 24 hour period.
Well, at least hubby adds the chocolate syrup. Most men (that I know or was married to) seem to have pretty simple tastes with food.

Mick - Sorry about the ice storm! I wish I could give you some of this heat and humidity!!! They are saying in another week, we'll be back to a more seasonal 68 degrees. Still not cool enough for me...

Way to go on all that step mileage!

I can't remember all the reasons why I gave up coffee, but the biggest two were that (1) I would drink 3-4 cups each morning and put cream in it. And not just a little cream so those calories were getting out of control. (2) I also have some health issues that it supposedly makes worse. It hasn't helped whatsoever giving it up, but now that I'm over the hump, I'm going to stay off the daily and save it for special occasions...for now.

Yes, I've been upping the fat this week. I added back a few things that didn't help so I'm probably going to add back some red meat which will also keep me ahead of my scheduled diet food boredom. I appreciate your faith in me not to go nutso on my off day, but I'm an all or nothing sorta gal so we'll see how much willpower I can muster.
The hunger could be hormonal. My ovaries have been making all kind of noise lately. That will be my luck, having a period 3 weeks before I can finally say that my eggs have turned dust.
Old 01-17-2017, 05:28 PM   #140
Dimply
Senior LCF Member

My DH has lost 13 lbs since 12/6! I'm so proud of him, but it sucks that he can eat peanuts by the handfuls, wedding cake, Christmas cookies, etc. I would have gained 20 if it were me.

Quote:
Dimply - I'm glad you are feeling better! I was trying not to put my mothering cap on, but I always worry about you eating so little in a 24 hour period.
Well, at least hubby adds the chocolate syrup. Most men (that I know or was married to) seem to have pretty simple tastes with food.

The hunger could be hormonal. My ovaries have been making all kind of noise lately. That will be my luck, having a period 3 weeks before I can finally say that my eggs have turned dust.
Girl, mother away, but I warn you I am a hot mess so you will have your work cut out for you! Although I must confess that it is the same amount of food, just spread over 2 meals instead of one. However, my salads are not wimpy rabbit food, no offense to rabbits. I usually add cheese, bacon, hb egg, &/or olive salad, and full fat dressing.

At home DH will eat his vanilla ice cream plain. If I am eating ice cream it is going to be loaded with stuff!

No period vibes to you! A former co-worker of mine went 10 months without one then bam! She was so
Old 01-17-2017, 06:56 PM   #141
Mick6
Senior LCF Member

Hi everyone! I had the most lazy day ever? Both dh and I had work called off because of the ice. We were lazy besides a quick run to the vet and to get something for mom this afternoon when the main roads were better. When I say lazy I really mean lazy!!!

I was pretty sad last night to find out my previous boss of 16 years passed. She was a really nice lady and a pleasure to work for. She was always really good to us girls. One of my former workers and I were saying all of us needed to get together.this sure wasnt what was planned

I'm still up one pound. Better than two or three I guess!!!

Todays eats:

BP coffee
a burger patty with mayo

a stir fry with chicken, bean sprouts, zucchini, peanut butter, hot peppers and coconut oil.

strawberries and cream

Ladies is OMAD one meal a day?

Remember how in the early 200's low carb was huge??? I think it is going more main stream again. I got a free subscription to Shape mag. I admit I rarely even read it. There was article in there about upping fat and protein. I about fell over.

Quote:
Welcome to all the new folks
Turkey tomato lettuce roll ups for lunch and half a burger patty for dinner, just wasn't feeling that burger.
I have more turkey if I get hungry I will do another roll up.
I'm a march bday too, I would really like to be super strict for the next month but I'm finding the food ugh. So I gotta come up with something new to eat.
There are so many good low carb recipe sites. Hope you find something that interests you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glidergirl View Post
Hi everyone! I need to jump back on the low carb band wagon! I let myself have a little of this and a little of that, and all the cravings came back along with the weight. The support here really helps!
We are thrilled to have you here. I think we all know how that slippery slope goes!

Quote:
I think we run the a/c for at least a few days every month, regardless of the calendar. Some days, both the a/c and the heat run. That's winter in the south for you!

I think it's funny that we all try to strategically plan our carb/calorie spikes so that our weigh-ins aren't affected. Reminds me of when my mom & sister would weigh in at Weight Watchers then go out & blow all of their bonus points for the week!

All these March birthdays - DH is turning the big 5-0!!

Mick6 - School wasn't closed for MLK Day yesterday? I'm sorry you had to go out in the bad weather.
I'm a Saints fan, but if they are not playing I don't watch, and we rarely get their games here. DH loves football and watches all the games, and 'advises' the coaches and players from our living room My brother is even worse

I spread my OMAD over 2 meals yesterday to see if that helped with my stomach. It did seem to help, so I am going to continue for a day or 2. I will lose the IF benefits, but better that than feeling

Monday:
B - coffee w/cream & s/f Davinci's syrup
L - salad
D - chicken breast sauteed in olive oil

Have a great day!
I think I need to experience your winter for more than a week. Thats just crazy! Good crazy though.

That is funny about the strategic planning and blowing all the WW points.
Yep we had school on MLK day. I bet those two are hilarious to listen too as they watch the games!!! Are you throwing a party for the big 50?

Quote:
Mick6, I'm guessing you're doing DB? I've done that myself several times. The money does help me stay on track. But the support is much better here. I tried to get them to do a 6 month LC DB, but they wouldn't. I don't think they realized how many Keto/LC people they really have.

Good morning everyone! Are we having weigh ins here? Setting a goal of pounds or inches? I concentrate more on inches because on this WOE, I may not lose pounds every week, but I will lose inches. So I take many different area measurements.
Yes it sure is DB I havent read to much in the group there but your right there are a lot of us!!! Just set whatever goals work for you. We are here to cheer you on no matter how, what or when you track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsVardy View Post
Hello everyone, I really do apologize for being MIA - I am still going strong. Down another 4 pounds last week a total of 11 pounds in two weeks. I'm very happy with the progress. I have had some very challenging food situations and have managed to stay on plan - which excites me. I'm hoping for a 2 pound loss this week, 3 would be amazing. I have been cooking 3 big meals on the weekends which makes planning for the week very easy. I hope everyone has a great day and keep up the good work.

Mick........228.8........221.2...........202
MrsVardy..269.6........258.6..........230
Dimply.....251...........244.5..........220
FindingMe..257.........249.8..........217
DrSailor.....190.........190.6..........175

Breakfast - Cream Eggs, 3 pieces center cut bacon
Lunch - Beef Stroganoff w/cauliflower rice
Dinner - Atkins shake, piece of cheese
Congratulations!!! Way to go!!! What are cream eggs?

Quote:
I've decided to go for 10% loss

Start Weight Current 6/30 Goal

FindingMe...257........249.8..........217
GliderGirl.....181.0......181.0..........162.9
That sounds like a fabulous goal!!!

Quote:

All that water is coming out today, good cause I hate feeling puffy. Still feeling real blah about food. Omad today probably. Gotta stay away from wine night and I will do great. First 2 fasts kept it off besides 1 lb but this last one with wine night I went up 3 and it will probably take me 3-5 days to get it back off so that is not good. I guess that was an experiment. Gotta keep it clean longer than a few weeks before another wine night

Glad you all are doing so well! Will check back later....
What is it about wine? I am not indulging for the same reason.Its just water but still. How you are depuffed soon!

Quote:

Mick - Sorry about the ice storm! I wish I could give you some of this heat and humidity!!! They are saying in another week, we'll be back to a more seasonal 68 degrees. Still not cool enough for me...

Way to go on all that step mileage!

I can't remember all the reasons why I gave up coffee, but the biggest two were that (1) I would drink 3-4 cups each morning and put cream in it. And not just a little cream so those calories were getting out of control. (2) I also have some health issues that it supposedly makes worse. It hasn't helped whatsoever giving it up, but now that I'm over the hump, I'm going to stay off the daily and save it for special occasions...for now.

Yes, I've been upping the fat this week. I added back a few things that didn't help so I'm probably going to add back some red meat which will also keep me ahead of my scheduled diet food boredom. I appreciate your faith in me not to go nutso on my off day, but I'm an all or nothing sorta gal so we'll see how much willpower I can muster.
68 is sweatshirt weather. Still kind of cold to me but nice. Whew you must like it cool!

I wouldnt restart the coffee after getting off it. I sometimes think I should quit but its because of my teeth.

Hope the red meat helps! I hope those ovaries get silent for you. Sending no TOM vibes!!

Quote:
My DH has lost 13 lbs since 12/6! I'm so proud of him, but it sucks that he can eat peanuts by the handfuls, wedding cake, Christmas cookies, etc. I would have gained 20 if it were me.

Oh boy do I hear you on the hubby thing!!! Mine is the same way.
Old 01-18-2017, 03:04 AM   #142
DrunkenSailor
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DrunkenSailor
Hey, everyone, I'm still here and plugging away.

Last week my average was 189.1, down from 190.6, and for tomorrow I'm looking at 186-something. I predict gaining the week after, though, since I'm entering the TOM zone. I have never in my life lost three weeks in a row. I could blame the hormones, but it's also losing focus.

The best news for me is that my SO started to low carb with me last weekend.
DrunkenSailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 06:58 AM   #143
sweetpoison
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sweetpoison
Stats: 238/238/160
WOE: 12 WEEK SPRING FEVER CHALLENGE
Start Date: 01/23/2017
Yes.... I am still slinking around...... I have gained...... been a bad girl. Been pretty good the last two days...hope to keep it going. Enough said
sweetpoison is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 07:11 AM   #144
MrsVardy
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MrsVardy
Stats: 269.6/258.6/190
Start Date: 1/1/2017
Cream Eggs

Thank you everyone for the encouragement - I really appreciate it!.

What are cream eggs?

Cream eggs:

2/3 cups heavy cream
6 large eggs

And that is it you cook them thin so they are like a pancake, then I put waldon farm's zero calorie syrup on them and I think I'm having pancakes. The receipe is from the TNT book. I'm not a fan of eggs but I like these - they made 4 really big servings.

Menu for today:
B - Cream Eggs, 3 pieces of center cut bacon
L - Bacon cheeseburger skillet (Linda Sue)
D - Atkins Shake, piece of cheese

Last edited by MrsVardy; 01-18-2017 at 07:13 AM.. Reason: Added
MrsVardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 07:45 AM   #145
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member

Yay all my puffy is gone. Pretty interesting fasting to get it off in what will be 2 days at 5 pm. Wow that's way better than 3-5 days. I'm back at my lowest which inspires me to fast one more day. I had chicken broth so it's not a pure water fast, but that broth kept me from having to dip into the pink salt. Also got back to mct oil yesterday, hmm.

Glad to see everyone is checking in, keep checking in helps keep us all on the straight and narrow.

So at the end of December when I was kicking sugar and preparing to go LC again, I was 257 and first goal was 240. 6 of that did come off just kicking sugar before the first of Jan. Realizing how great first month losses always are I wanted to do that in the first month, that's a lot but I had no idea I would get into fasting. I actually think I can do it. I have 5 to go and what 12 days to do it? So I see some 48 hour fasts in my future, which are getting pretty easy. Thinking out loud anyways, but it sounds good in my head!
Old 01-18-2017, 09:13 AM   #146
FindingMe
Senior LCF Member

This is just a quick drive by. Had to report that I changed my weigh in day to Weds. I was thrilled to find out that I had lost 3.2 lbs in the last 5 days. I guess I was holding more water than I thought. Down 10.4 this month. Gotta love the January restart whooshes.
Have a lovely day!

FindingMe...257........246.6..........217
GliderGirl.....181.0......181.0.........162.9
Old 01-18-2017, 10:39 AM   #147
Dimply
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning!

Major rain & flooding here this morning, but the sun is out now and the water is going down. Unfortunately it is supposed to rain tomorrow - Sat. If too much too quickly like today, the canals and bayous that are already overflowing or near their top will not have time to go down. Unfortunately there is no drainage here; the canals were designed to keep the water flowing to lakes & the Gulf.

Mick6 - So sorry about your previous boss. At the job I had during my college-age years, at least 4 of my co-workers have passed away. This was almost 25 years ago, but we were all late teens - early 30s then, so they were all pretty young when they died
Glad you were able to have a lazy day with your honey yesterday. I totally understand the pet food priority!
Hope that last pound goes away soon, and takes a few friends!
I still use VCR exercise tapes too. And to make me sound even more old school - Richard Simmons!!! I will make myself sound even older. When I was about 10, my mom & I were in a record store (remember those?) and she bought his exercise record. The record sleeve had directions of the moves to each song, and the songs were pretty cute. Anyway, while we were there, Richard Simmons' dad came up to us and introduced himself. I can remember that, but can't remember why I walked into a room or what really important thing I had to tell DH
Your stir fry sounds delicious!
Yes, OMAD = one meal a day. What does DB stand for?
No 50th birthday bash for DH. He said he wanted to keep it low key.

DrunkenSailor - Glad you're steadily losing, and I hope TOM does not do too much damage. Even if it is only temporary, the head game of seeing a gain can be brutal. for your SO joining you in low carb. With all the temptations we have to face in everyday life, it is nice not to have to worry about it at home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpoison View Post
Yes.... I am still slinking around...... I have gained...... been a bad girl. Been pretty good the last two days...hope to keep it going. Enough said
The first few days are the hardest, so getting through 2 days is huge! I have blown it on day 2 countless times. You got this!

MrsVardy - Your menu looks great! I am going to have to check out Linda Sue's bacon cheeseburger skillet. I love her recipes!

Michelle - Your ability to fast like that amazes me! Sounds like you are listening to your body; please continue being careful. Do you find you are benefitting from mct oil?

FindingMe - Great loss!

glidergirl - very cute pic!

Yesterday:
B - coffee w/cream & DaVinci's s/f syrup
L - salad w/bacon, cheese, hb egg, & ranch dressing
D - ham dipped in mayo/mustard

Have a great day!

Last edited by Dimply; 01-18-2017 at 10:42 AM..
Old 01-18-2017, 02:12 PM   #148
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member

Dimply~ stay safe! Hoping the water recedes and and the weatherman is wrong!

Finding me~ WTG awesome losses!

sweet poison~ you stick around here, we have a ton of momentum going.

Does anyone else get itchy when losing? I forgot about that from last time. Going to have broth again this evening.
Old 01-18-2017, 02:25 PM   #149
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member

Hubby eating salt and vinegar chips in living room
Smelled them when I walked by, mouth watered
I'm hiding in bedroom, while granddaughter is napping, wish I could nap
This is what I want to do but we all know that's just not cool! Lol!

I really have no idea if the mct is helping with anything. I know better than to take it too early, that turns my tummy. I think it might help get me over the mid afternoon slump. Got a big 'ol jar so trying to make a habit out of it, can't hurt.

Last edited by MichelleHu; 01-18-2017 at 02:28 PM..
Old 01-19-2017, 06:38 AM   #150
Mick6
Senior LCF Member

Howdy! Sorry I missed checking in yesterday. It was a long busy day. I'll be sure I get back tonight to catch up. Have a fabulous day!