Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 04-16-2018, 05:23 AM   #151
Casey
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Casey
Stats: At goal / living low carb
WOE: LC / Clean Eating
Start Date: October, 1999
Hi, NCLady!. I have two cats and a bird (cockatiel), so I get my dog fix by walking and dogsitting for other people - I stay at their houses. Dogs are a huge commitment and I'm always thankful to get back to my own calm environment! I miss my lab, and I always thought I'd have another dog, but it's hard to be single and have a dog - plus it really helps people out.

I hope everybody has an awesome week!
Casey is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-16-2018, 05:40 AM   #152
kt_mom
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kt_mom
Stats: 5'7 185/160.6/135
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: 11/2015 restart 2/2016
Good morning ladies! I was on plan yesterday and saw a tiny drop on the scale today after the little bump up yesterday. I have a board meeting to go to tonight at a restaurant, but its for a Type 1 group and thankfully everyone eats low carb which is nice. We do usually all get a drink but usually only one so its not too tempting.

We had big storms come through yesterday and a few tornado touchdowns in our town. One was about 2 miles up the road from us and while it was happening it was quiet at our house, you would have never known what was happening just up the road. The big trees across the street from us were barely even swaying although it was raining really hard. DH was out picking up DD from a party but thankfully he went the wrong way at first or he would have been driving right down the road the tornado did all the damage on right about the same time. God is good! Schools are closed today so the kids are home which I always enjoy so that's nice. But lots of people, especially out in a county near us lost everything.

NCLady - I haven't heard back from the job yet but maybe this week. I'm just trusting God to open the right doors. Did you guys get much damage from the storms? I know some parts of NC got hit pretty hard too.

Pyroh - nice losses this month, you're doing awesome!

Casey - homemade cookies would be my downfall, great job avoiding them. I keep saying I want to try one of the many lc recipes I see online and on facebook, but I know I would probably eat too many so I'm trying to wait until I get into more of a maintenance phase.

1-Apr 160.6
2-Apr 162
3-Apr 161.6
4-Apr 160.6
5-Apr 159.4
6-Apr 160.6
7-Apr 159.2
8-Apr 159
9-Apr 160.2
10-Apr 159.8
11-Apr 160.8
12-Apr 159.4
13-Apr 157.6
14-Apr 156.4
15-Apr 157.4
16-Apr 157
kt_mom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 06:05 AM   #153
nihold
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nihold
Stats: 205/203/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: July 2015
Good morning,

I was on plan all weekend and it feels great! My daughter has an early morning dentist appointment so I am I off to go do that. I hope everyone had a great weekend!

April Goal= 183

Jan 31- 189.4
Feb 28 - 190.4
Mar 31- 186.6
April 1- 187
April 2- 188.6
April 3- 189.8
April 4- 188
April 5- 187.6
April 6- 186.2
April 7- 188
April 8 -187.6
April 9- 185
April 10- 185.7
April 11- 185.4
April 12- 185
April 13 - 183.6
April 14 -183.4
April 15 - 184.8
April 16 - 183.4
149 BMI 24.8 normal
Upper Limit 140
Lower Limit 135

Nichole
nihold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 07:15 AM   #154
pyroh13
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pyroh13
Stats: restart 307.9/277.2/ 190
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Restart Jan 9th 2018
Nclady- Thanks. I don't know about great attitude but I am just going in trying on as fast as possible and getting out. This was second try due to shopping with kids and the first time they started fighting in the dressing room so had to leave. On took one on the second go round. My suggestion is go in knowing what you are looking for be it one piece, tankini, swim shorts skirt etc. I always go for a ranking and swim skirt. I really hate my thighs especially now that I am losing again I am battling loose skin... Suggestions welcome on this battle. I am looking into dry brushing. Also using nivea skin firming lotion too. We will see if it works. After that whoosh holding steady again. Macros ok yesterday calories not so much. Especially after not being too active as I was recouping from party on Saturday and my house was too.

Goal- 265

April 1- 274.7
April 2 - 274.5 TOM
April 3- 273.5 TOM
April 4- 274.5 TOM
April 5- 274.5 TOM
April 6- 272.5 TOM
April 7- 272.3
April 8- 270.7
April 9- 270.8
April 10- 271.6
April 11- 270.5
April 12- 271.4
April 13 270.5
April 14- 267.9 Whoosh!
April 15- 268.4
April 16- 268.4

Last edited by pyroh13; 04-16-2018 at 07:16 AM..
pyroh13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 07:51 AM   #155
HappyMom
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: HappyMom
Stats: 207/159/150
Start Date: 2/15/16
OK I am officially freaked out now! My weight is just ballooning, due to LOTS of stress and boredom eating and absolutely ZERO exercise. So, I am going to the gym at 8:30 every morning. I blocked it out in my work schedule, so no more excuses. And I'm looking at the stressors in my life and trying to knock them down.

I've been really lonely since my BFF went back to work last year. I saw her at least 5 days a week for probably 8 years, and then suddenly POOF, she was gone. We set up plans via text but it almost never works out. So I have to start from scratch and reach out, which I really don't like to do. I'm looking for some groups to join, and trying to reconnect with old friends. I think it'll help a lot with the boredom and stress too.

I'm also working to figure out this new group thing. I finally got LCNeighborhood set up, but somehow it feels really quiet over there. Not sure what it is.

As always, you ladies inspire me.

kt_mom, CONGRATS on getting through school!! You've been amazing with your dedication to that.

Casey, good job resisting temptation.

Everyone else, KUTGW.

Susan

4/11 - 166.1
4/15 - 168.6
4/16 - 169.1
HappyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 08:52 AM   #156
kt_mom
Senior LCF Member

Can somebody post the link again for where we decided to land in May? Just want to make sure I'm setting up a login at the right place.

Thanks!
Old 04-16-2018, 09:34 AM   #157
bellalinda
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bellalinda
Stats: '11" 175/159.4/135 (1st goal)/123 (maintain)
WOE: extended induction
Start Date: Restart 4/9/18
morning everyone! the weekend between week 1 and week 2 of induction is always difficult... but made it!

been thinking a lot about honing in on every morsel of my diet a bit more, and realized that I REALLY NEED TO STICK TO ATKINS INDUCTION PHASE ONE. i've allowed myself to eat these other foods that are "low carb" and generally keep me under 20 net carbs per day... BUT i don't get the same weight loss results. SO.

4/11 - 162.2
4/12 - 161.2
4/13 - 160.6
4/14 - 160.5
4/15 - 160.1

oh! and i meal prepped yesterday!

today's menu:
B: egg cups with black forest ham and cheese (let's see if real breakfast makes a difference, no intermittent fasting)
L: smoked chicken breast and bacon with ranch
D: smoked tri tip with spinach and tomatoes

IG: lindalowcarb

My Journal of Accountability
bellalinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 10:24 AM   #158
CaCO3Girl
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: CaCO3Girl
Start Date: March 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by kt_mom View Post
Can somebody post the link again for where we decided to land in May? Just want to make sure I'm setting up a login at the right place.

Thanks!
http://lcneighborhood.com/
CaCO3Girl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 10:26 AM   #159
CaCO3Girl
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellalinda View Post
morning everyone! the weekend between week 1 and week 2 of induction is always difficult... but made it!

been thinking a lot about honing in on every morsel of my diet a bit more, and realized that I REALLY NEED TO STICK TO ATKINS INDUCTION PHASE ONE. i've allowed myself to eat these other foods that are "low carb" and generally keep me under 20 net carbs per day... BUT i don't get the same weight loss results. SO.

4/11 - 162.2
4/12 - 161.2
4/13 - 160.6
4/14 - 160.5
4/15 - 160.1

oh! and i meal prepped yesterday!

today's menu:
B: egg cups with black forest ham and cheese (let's see if real breakfast makes a difference, no intermittent fasting)
L: smoked chicken breast and bacon with ranch
D: smoked tri tip with spinach and tomatoes
Yeah, I don't have much luck getting my carbs from veggies. I'm crossing my fingers that just staying low on carbs will be good enough.
Old 04-16-2018, 10:53 AM   #160
kt_mom
Senior LCF Member

Belinda- I noticed in your meals you are testing out breakfast instead of IF. I have played around with this too and found that mixing things up seems to work good for me. Too long on any one way of doing this seems to stall me. Going back to having breakfast may give you a little jumpstart. I did an accidental under 500 calorie day last week and saw a nice drop from that. So my plan going forward is to change things up a bit every once in awhile and see if that will keep things moving along for me.
Old 04-16-2018, 11:07 AM   #161
khay2015
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: khay2015
Stats: 273/191/150
Start Date: June 5, 2017
Hi everyone. I have not fallen off the face of the Earth. Just been crazy, CRAZY busy at work. I'm happy to report that I'm still going strong and FINALLY got under 200 pounds for the first time in I don't really know how long.
Today's menu:
B: Atkins shake
L: String cheese, pistachios
D: Ham and cauliflower casserole

June 4 starting weight was 273.4. My weight as of this morning is 194.4. I have gone from wearing a size 24W and 3XL shirts to a size 11/12 in jeans and a large in shirts. LOVE this way of life!!!!!!!!
khay2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 11:29 AM   #162
NCLady
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NCLady
Stats: 152.2/144/135
CaCO3Girl: Most people lose plenty the first month or so, but then you slow down. It also depends on how much you need to lose (the more you have to lose, the faster you lose) and if you are insulin resistant (that will slow your losses).
When you go off plan, your weight will jump up quite a bit. Like Casey has said before, for each gram of glycogen you store, you also store about 3-4 grams of water. That is a lot of water! Some people can have a cheat day and they can get back to pre-cheat weight very quickly. Others have a very difficult time losing that weight again. And of course, sometimes a one meal cheat ends up being a week long cheat. I have been there!!
It is tempting to count on losing 23 pounds each month, but most people don't maintain that kind of trend. It is a bummer, I know! If you check out the challenges we have each month, you can see how fast people lose. When I first started, I would read like the last two pages of previous months challenges to get an idea of how different people lost. That helped me have a more realistic idea of what to expect for my situation. Like right now, I am within ten pounds of goal, so I will lose very, very slowly. But it doesn't mean that you will lose as slowly as me (probably not!!) because your situation is totally different.
It is always a bit of trial and error as you hit your stride. And you are doing great! 23 pounds in one month is awesome. You should absolutely be proud of what you have accomplished!
NCLady is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 11:46 AM   #163
CaCO3Girl
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCLady View Post
CaCO3Girl: Most people lose plenty the first month or so, but then you slow down. It also depends on how much you need to lose (the more you have to lose, the faster you lose) and if you are insulin resistant (that will slow your losses).
When you go off plan, your weight will jump up quite a bit. Like Casey has said before, for each gram of glycogen you store, you also store about 3-4 grams of water. That is a lot of water! Some people can have a cheat day and they can get back to pre-cheat weight very quickly. Others have a very difficult time losing that weight again. And of course, sometimes a one meal cheat ends up being a week long cheat. I have been there!!
It is tempting to count on losing 23 pounds each month, but most people don't maintain that kind of trend. It is a bummer, I know! If you check out the challenges we have each month, you can see how fast people lose. When I first started, I would read like the last two pages of previous months challenges to get an idea of how different people lost. That helped me have a more realistic idea of what to expect for my situation. Like right now, I am within ten pounds of goal, so I will lose very, very slowly. But it doesn't mean that you will lose as slowly as me (probably not!!) because your situation is totally different.
It is always a bit of trial and error as you hit your stride. And you are doing great! 23 pounds in one month is awesome. You should absolutely be proud of what you have accomplished!
Thank you! I'm not expecting to loose 23 in a month, my weight has been steady for more than a week and I was very happy the scale was one pound lower today :- ) I have about 80 pounds to go, I think 190 would be a great weight. I don't think I've seen that since middle school!

Other than some lung issues due to allergies and smoking cigarettes I think i'm healthy...no insulin or diabetes, or heart issues that I know of. I don't know when my TOM is due to an IUD though...but I'm hoping to loose a pound a week, however, I won't be disappointed as long as I don't see the scale going back up drastically.
Old 04-16-2018, 12:10 PM   #164
NCLady
Senior LCF Member

Casey: that is the best way to "own" a dog! Although I am sure you also have to deal with some ill-behaved ones as well as the wonderful ones. We also just don't have the time to take care of a dog and our backyard is pathetic. So we enjoy our kitties and our guinea pigs. It is enough pet care for us!!

kt_mom: We had a power line down over the interstate which really snarled traffic in our area, but we just stayed home and away from all streets! Otherwise we were fine. I am so glad that your DH went the wrong way when he was driving!! Thank you Lord!! And I will definitely keep your job search in my prayers. Yes, God will open the right door. As for mixing it up. I totally agree with you. Fasting has been my latest mixer and it is working well so far. I like that it can be so many different things. I can fast for a day, two days or just 16 hours, whatever fits in my schedule. And it has really helped me recover from vacation craziness!

nihold: You need to set a new April goal! You are crushing your original goal!! Yay!!

pyroh: I think I just dread it so much that when I go out, I am already in a foul mood. It is an attitude problem for sure. I don't think I will have to buy one this summer, but we will see. I will be avoiding it like the plague, that is for sure!!

HappyMom: I am so sorry you don't get to see your best friend as much! I also had to go through that and it was so sad. Thankfully she has moved back, but I was definitely lonely for those three years. It is tough to stay connected when work and distance separate you. I hope y'all figure out a plan!! And don't let your weight frustrate you too much. Or try not to! Because you are dealing with stress, I am guessing your body is holding onto water, not gaining fat. It will woosh off when life eases up a bit.

bellalinda: Like kt_mom said, changing things up is usually a good thing. And carb creep is such an easy thing to lose sight of!!

khay: Wow, that is amazing!!! That is over 80 pounds!
Old 04-16-2018, 06:11 PM   #165
Casey
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyMom View Post
OK I am officially freaked out now! My weight is just ballooning, due to LOTS of stress and boredom eating and absolutely ZERO exercise. So, I am going to the gym at 8:30 every morning. I blocked it out in my work schedule, so no more excuses. And I'm looking at the stressors in my life and trying to knock them down.

I've been really lonely since my BFF went back to work last year. I saw her at least 5 days a week for probably 8 years, and then suddenly POOF, she was gone. We set up plans via text but it almost never works out. So I have to start from scratch and reach out, which I really don't like to do. I'm looking for some groups to join, and trying to reconnect with old friends. I think it'll help a lot with the boredom and stress too. 1
hi, Susan!. I had a similar experience when I retired... I used to walk with my best friend practically every day at work, we went to lunch frequently, etc... It's a big transition to lose a major relationship. You might try to find an active group - like a hiking group, or exercise class. I joined a bible study and a hiking group and I also get to the gym 5-6 days a week. i still hang out with him a lot and we still walk on weekends... but I've really had to work on other friendships - I never had a lot of female friends, and as I get older I'm seeing value in those... And they all take nurturing.

Last edited by Casey; 04-16-2018 at 06:21 PM..
Old 04-16-2018, 06:31 PM   #166
Casey
Major LCF Poster!

also, Susan... It might seem quiet over at the LCNeighborhood because everyone hasn't fully transitioned over to there. I started the Atkins thread, but figured we'd start with the May challenge. Poke around over there... It's still small enough to feel homey and familiar -- lots of good stuff and familiar people.

Last edited by Casey; 04-16-2018 at 06:32 PM..
Old 04-17-2018, 05:50 AM   #167
kt_mom
Senior LCF Member

Well the scale was up a little today but I kind of expected it. My dinner was on plan but I ate later than I normally do and probably more than I normally do as well. But it just a little and hopefully it will be down tomorrow. DH is off early today so we are planning to go for a walk later. I've had something that has been stressing me terribly for a few years lifted off my shoulders in the last week and I'm hopeful that this will help me in my weight loss journey as well. I know that stress can really mess up our bodies.

My downfall right now is that its coming into wine season. Kind of like strawberry season or apple season, but I think wine season lasts until mimosa season (which is thanksgiving to Christmas), lol. And I'd rather have the wine then the strawberries or apples. Warmer weather just makes me want to sit on the porch and have a glass (or 2 or 3) of wine and chat. Thankfully it does let up some as it gets hotter and DH won't sit out there with me anymore. I know the wine will slow me down, but I'm hoping that if I can really concentrate on getting up and moving more maybe it will offset it some. And cutting out snacks. I was having sugar free pudding with whip cream almost every day and I've cut that back out. I've been having pistachios as a snack because they last a long time since you have to crack them so it feels like more. I just struggle with snacking and some days I can go without and others I eat 5 cheese sticks to try to keep from eating something worse.

Kids are home from school again today because of the storm damage. After watching the reports yesterday there is a lot of damage around town. Very thankful that it jumped over us because I think it came right up over our neighborhood in its path.

CaCO3Girl - thanks! I found it and I'm set up now.

Khay - great job! You have had an awesome year!!

Susan - as I have gotten older I have lost touch with friends and become quite an introvert. Sometimes it doesn't bother me and then other times I feel quite lonely not really having any girlfriends. I've been trying harder to connect and reach out some but its hard for me. I hope you find a great group and make some fun new connections!

1-Apr 160.6
2-Apr 162
3-Apr 161.6
4-Apr 160.6
5-Apr 159.4
6-Apr 160.6
7-Apr 159.2
8-Apr 159
9-Apr 160.2
10-Apr 159.8
11-Apr 160.8
12-Apr 159.4
13-Apr 157.6
14-Apr 156.4
15-Apr 157.4
16-Apr 157
17-Apr 157.4
Old 04-17-2018, 06:37 AM   #168
pyroh13
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pyroh13
Stats: restart 307.9/277.2/ 190
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Restart Jan 9th 2018
Wrong way scale turn around. Had a feeling it may go up protein style burger from in and out was not on my schedule last night but it was my moms birthday and dad had picked up the burgers already. But yum it was good. I stayed away from the brownies and Ice cream. I am actually glad that my families birthday season is over now whew. 6 birthdays in a month and a half and cake and Ice cream for all of them and I didn't cave once.

Goal- 265

April 1- 274.7
April 2 - 274.5 TOM
April 3- 273.5 TOM
April 4- 274.5 TOM
April 5- 274.5 TOM
April 6- 272.5 TOM
April 7- 272.3
April 8- 270.7
April 9- 270.8
April 10- 271.6
April 11- 270.5
April 12- 271.4
April 13 270.5
April 14- 267.9 Whoosh!
April 15- 268.4
April 16- 268.4
April 17- 268.6
pyroh13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 06:45 AM   #169
NCLady
Senior LCF Member

kt_mom: I agree with wine season! I love it!! I had a couple of glasses last night with a friend and it was really nice. I think it is also a problem for me because I have my wine late at night so my body doesn't have a chance to flush it out before my morning weigh-in.
I am glad that you have a weight lifted from your shoulders! That is a great feeling when something that has been a burden for a long time is gone. Enjoy it!!

I am really feeling the bloat from TOM, so I decided not to weigh. There is no need to frustrate myself. Fasting again today; so far so good.
I hope everyone has a great day!

4/13 140.8
4/15 143.4
4/16 141.0
4/17 DNW
Old 04-17-2018, 06:52 AM   #170
kt_mom
Senior LCF Member

NCLady - thanks! I think having something as a continual stressor affects so many things. Not just my ability to lose but also my desires to cheat and stress eat and just an overall lack of motivation. So I'm really happy about it.

I need to try to work in another fast day or at least an under 500 calorie day. Someone on here was just doing that recently and seemed to be having good results. Maybe that's what I'll try.
Old 04-17-2018, 07:14 AM   #171
nihold
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nihold
Stats: 205/203/150
Start Date: July 2015
Good Morning!

I am still on plan and hanging in there. I think right now I am trying to identify when I am truly hungry. So I don't eat until I am and then first I have a bottle of water and if I am still hungry after that then I will eat. I think I forgot what it feels like to be hungry rather than bored or whatever.

Khay- Way to go! You are doing awesome. New sizes in pants is always the best reward.

April Goal= 183

Jan 31- 189.4
Feb 28 - 190.4
Mar 31- 186.6

April 1- 187
April 2- 188.6
April 3- 189.8
April 4- 188
April 5- 187.6
April 6- 186.2
April 7- 188
April 8 -187.6
April 9- 185
April 10- 185.7
April 11- 185.4
April 12- 185
April 13 - 183.6
April 14 -183.4
April 15 - 184.8
April 16 - 183.4
April 17 - 184.4
149 BMI 24.8 normal
Upper Limit 140
Lower Limit 135

Nichole
nihold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 07:45 AM   #172
NCLady
Senior LCF Member

pyroh: Wow, six birthdays in six weeks?? That is crazy. Y'all are some kind of coordinated, ha ha! Great job on resisting cake for so long. If it is in my face, I have such a difficult time saying no. Sweets call to me.

kt_mom: I really enjoy my fasting days. Yes, I am hungry at dinner, but the more I do this, the easier it becomes. And I have noticed that on my fasting days I have more mental clarity, and even more energy. I don't just collapse into bed, but I actually sometimes have a hard time falling asleep because my mind just keeps going. I absolutely was not expecting that when I started fasting.
Sometimes my fast is a total fast and sometimes I do a "dirty" fast where I will have some HWC in my coffee. Both ways seem to do the same thing for me. If your library has a copy of Jason Fung's The Complete Guide to Fasting, that was a great resource for me.
Old 04-17-2018, 08:06 AM   #173
bellalinda
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bellalinda
Stats: '11" 175/159.4/135 (1st goal)/123 (maintain)
WOE: extended induction
Start Date: Restart 4/9/18
CaCO3Girl - induction rules say 12-15 of the 20 total daily carbs come from foundation veggies (mostly leafy greens)... ideally that's my goal. though i had a handful of those marcona almonds with rosemary from trader joes last night to curb a sweets craving

kt_mom - yes! good reminder about switching things up!! starving half the day isn't always the answer when the body says EAT! but today, i forgot breakfast, so IF 16:8 it is...

4/11 - 162.2
4/12 - 161.2
4/13 - 160.6
4/14 - 160.5
4/15 - 160.1
4/16 - 159.4

today's menu:
B: hot tea
L: turkey, cheese, banana peppers, mayo, mustard wrapped in lettuce
D: something with chicken breast and spinach

IG: lindalowcarb

My Journal of Accountability
bellalinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 09:26 AM   #174
kt_mom
Senior LCF Member

Belinda - Yes, after thinking back on how I've progressed I think switching things up has helped me even though I didn't realize it. When I first started of course I lost great the first few months. The IF started sort of unintentionally and then I read up on it and realized it was good. I think I probably started it at a good time without even realizing it and it helped me to continue with really good losses in months like 3-6 or whatever. But then I stuck with it and after awhile I don't think it helped as much. So now I'm really going to focus on changing things up here and there and see if that will help me get back to good losses and back to 140.

I think this is what makes the saddest about moving to a new board. Losing all my previous posts and being able to go back and read what I was doing and my frame of mind and all that.

NCLady - sweets call to me too! Sometimes very loudly, lol. As far as fasting goes I don't think I could do a true one with no HWC in my coffee. I'll have to settle for the "dirty" fast and some under 500 days here and there.
Old 04-17-2018, 10:02 AM   #175
NCLady
Senior LCF Member

kt_mom: I can't have coffee without at least a little HWC!! When I do a clean fast, I usually skip the coffee altogether and focus on hot tea instead. But really, I haven't found a big difference either way.
I am sure that after awhile I will need to change up my fasting schedule. The human body has an amazing ability to adapt and I am sure I will adapt more quickly than I want. So it is nice to have OMAD or extended fasts in my "hip pocket", so to speak, as a new thing to implement. But hearing you say that IF worked well for you for 3-6 months is very encouraging to me. If I can really stick to three fasting days a week for that long, I hope to be very close to goal. If, if, if!!!
Old 04-17-2018, 10:03 AM   #176
NCLady
Senior LCF Member

bellalinda: I just saw that you broke into a new decade! Congratulations!!
Old 04-17-2018, 12:20 PM   #177
Kelibean81
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Kelibean81
Stats: 165/142/130 5'7"
WOE: LCHF / Keto
Start Date: 3/1/13 Restart 4/4/16 Restart Again 1/1/18
Hey everybody!

Sorry I've been MIA, life has been busy. I'm hanging in there and while I haven't seen any steady losses this month, I'm definitely maintaining at a lower weight than I started the year with, so I can't complain. Last May I really kicked it into gear and had an awesome month of losses. Hoping I can repeat that luck this year!

All in all, things are going well. And it's my birthday on Friday! Yay!

April Goal = 135
Apr 1 - 142.6
Apr 2 - 142.5
Apr 3 - 142.2 TOM
Apr 4 - 143.2 TOM
Apr 5 - 145.9 TOM
Apr 6 - 145.6 TOM
Apr 7 - 144.1 TOM
Apr 8 - 144.9
Apr 9 - 145.9
Apr 10 - 145.3
Apr 11-16 DNW
Apr 17 - 145.9

Kelly

1st Goal: 135 - Originally met on July 29, 2016
Final Goal: 130 - Originally met on August 26, 2016
Stretch Goal: 125
Maintenance Range: 130-135
Kelibean81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 05:28 PM   #178
Trismama
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Trismama
Stats: 261/248/160
WOE: Atkins-Induction
Start Date: 3/23/2016
Good evening everyone!

Been MIA for a few days. It got hectic around here with moving to a new apartment. Unfortunately during this time my weight ballooned back!! I'm so frustrated with myself, but no sense is crying over spilled milk. Just get back on that wagon!

4.2.18--272.8
4.3.18--269.8
4.4.18--270.2
4.5.18--268.8
4.6.18--266.8
4.7.18--265.2
4.8.18--DNW
4.9.18--266.6
4.10.18--266.2
4.11.18--264.4
4.12.18--263.8
4.13.18--263.2
4.14.18-264.2
4.15.18-DNW
4.16.18-DNW
4.17.18-270.2

I've been doing so much research lately on on water fasting and I think I'm ready to give it a try. I still want to log my results on here if its OK with ya'll. I'm only doing 7 days and then will be going back to my OMAD low card eating.

I've always wanted to try this for more than just any weight loss benefits that may come from it. I want to experience cellular atrophy. So today was the start for me and I'll see how it goes!

Goal: 200lbs by my 30th birthday--July
Trismama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 05:09 AM   #179
NCLady
Senior LCF Member

Kelibean: Happy early birthday! I always have a easier time getting into gear when the weather turns a little warmer. End of winter is always kinda blah. I hope that life eases up on you and gives you a bit more breathing space. I miss seeing you here!

Trismama: I am so excited you are doing a 7 day fast! So water only? I have read that adding a little salt can help (if you aren't doing that already!) I am also very eager to hear how your hunger goes. On my short two day fast, by the end of the second day, I did notice a significant waning of hunger. I have read others who say that fasting is a breeze after the second day. Please keep me updated!! I have been kicking around the same idea for awhile, but I am just not quite ready to jump in yet.
And you are so right about the autophagy. You will kick that into serious high gear with an extended fast. I need to reread Dr Fung's blog posts about fasting and autophagy again. There was great information in there.
I hope that yesterday went well and your second day is even easier. You rock girl!!

I am still not weighing because of TOM. I always see a bump up and it always bums me out even though I know it is just water weight. So my strategy is to just avoid it altogether. I did not make it through my fast yesterday, I ended up doing OMAD. Not terribly surprising since I seem to have a more difficult time doing a full fast during TOM. I guess my mind just doesn't really lock into the fast. I will try again on Friday, but I am not going to worry if I don't make it. Next week I know I will be in a better place mentally to fully commit.
I hope everyone has a great day today!

4/13 140.8
4/15 143.4
4/16 141.0
4/17 DNW
4/18 DNW
Old 04-18-2018, 05:42 AM   #180
CaCO3Girl
Junior LCF Member

I'm not judging BUT, for those of you who fast do you have any side effects? I've read it can actually slow down your metabolism, it can put strain on several organs, it can eat muscle rather than fat....any issues fasting that you have noticed?