Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 11-03-2017, 07:57 AM   #661
Berta48
Berta48

Gallery: Berta48
Stats: 10lbs @ time)
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Feb 2016 Weight Watchers prior 2015 HCG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubee View Post
Good morning, friends.

I have been seeing the many ideas of new changes coming to the Weightwatchers program in December. No one is sure yet, but lean meat and eggs will be 0 So, and maybe lentils. It seems they are pushing ( or should say leading)
us to lower carb choices. And, lentils are considered a super food.

I've been watching You Tube videos of people sharing their Weight Watchers journey...what they eat, etc. It does motivate me some.

Thinking of you, Sue, and praying for you every morning. Also for your granddaughter, Bracelet. Hoping everyone is doing well. Hi, Berta.
Rubee
Where did you hear this at? I sure hope that is true. I am a carnivorus(SPELLING) for certain

Quote:
Originally Posted by RW City Sue View Post
Rubee, you're keeping my sort of hours it sounds like I did really enjoy my meeting. Weight only fluctuated up by 1 lb so I will take that and move on and be grateful it wasn't more. I have an appointment in the morning for some survivor of abuse therapy. I'll be glad to connect here in this area with that. And on Monday I have to go in for a uterine biopsy as I've developed some concerning symptoms. Dang. On and on it goes. I'm trying to just not think about it until I have to. I have a long history of fibroid tumor problems so hopefully it turns out to be nothing.

Bracelet, I usually get the small containers of Chobani but I've gotten that big one in the past. U could sweeten it with some stevia and sometimes I add a tablespoon of Dagoba chocolate powder to it to make pudding. The Dagoba is 0 points believe it or not. My favorite way to have it is w fresh pineapple stirred into it. To me it subs well also for sour cream like a dollop on some sorts of soups and stews or baked potato. Sorry u weren't too happy w it.

Congrats on your loss Bracelet You are certainly working those smart points. I'm happy for you.
Sue
Sorry to hear of your problems I will be praying for you.
It's not knowing that is so tough!
I've not been in here as I have been under the weather. Cold, sore throat, hucking up green stuff coughing. But feeling some better today

I gained .4 last week but had all blue dot days. So don't know why. I weighed here at home as I was under the weather. I have had all blue dot days so far this week too. So hopefully Tues I'll have loss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bracelet View Post
I lost 3 more pounds this week, so am happy about that.

Today I purchased some Chobani plain FF Greek Yogurt. I tasted it as-is, then I looked online to find out how to make tuna salad with it. Most recipes said to add either mustard or lemon juice or both. Well, I stirred together some of the tuna salad dressing, then tasted it before adding it to the tuna. I am definitely not a Greek yogurt type of person. Problem is, the container is huge and it cost 6 bucks, so I hate to throw it away, but at this point I don't see any other alternative. Any suggestions?
3 lbs. is awesome!!!!

I use Chobani fat free Greek Yogurt and sweeten it and add Hidden Valley Dry Dressing mix in the envelope to it. And use it for a veggie dip 3 SP for the entire container. Beats 2 TBS

Also I put fruit in to at times just to get some protein.

Quote:
My 40 year old granddaughter has PCOS. She has been very ill the past month and has a fever and blisters on her throat, she can hardly talk any more. She went to the emergency room, they said she has bronchitis, but her heart rate is so high that they can't give her any medicine or her heart rate will go up even higher. Last time it was checked, it was 115. Please add your prayers to ours that God will have mercy on her, remove the bronchitis from her and help her to feel well again. Before she got sick, she just started a new job, and since she is missing so much work, she is afraid she will lose her job. She hasn't worked at her current job long enough to receive health insurance, so she has none. She lives alone and started buying a house about 4 years ago, so I'm sure that at this point she is in financial trouble at this point, so she definitely needs prayer. Thank you.
Hope your granddaughter gets well soon

Quote:
I don't add sugar, but will sometimes add blueberries of some other fruit. I use ff Greek yogurt in p!ace of sour cream too. Greek has more protein than regular p!ain yogurt.

Berta, I read some posts back, but wanted to ask you how you are after your ear surgery? Do you hear better now?
Well It is still being adjusted and then each time it is I have to start all over again with the cricket sound, bubbling brook and static But I can hear real well with my hearing aid in the right ear . It has only been 3 months and they said 4-6 months so I am getting there

Last edited by Berta48; 11-03-2017 at 08:03 AM..
Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-2017, 12:08 PM   #662
Rubee
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Rubee
Stats: 160/155
WOE: WW Smart Points
Start Date: May 1, 2016
Rubee
Where did you hear this at? I sure hope that is true. I am a carnivorus(SPELLING) for certain

I belong to some WW groups on Facebook, and they are talking about it, plus some on you tube.
Rubee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 05:19 AM   #663
Bracelet
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bracelet
Quote:
I have been seeing the many ideas of new changes coming to the Weightwatchers program in December. No one is sure yet, but lean meat and eggs will be 0 So, and maybe lentils. It seems they are pushing ( or should say leading) us to lower carb choices.
Hi everyone. After reading your post, Rubee, I did a little investigating on my own. I found this info. on a weight-loss websight and YouTube.

Sounds like WW plans to make changes in 2018. Rumor has it that they are going to keep specifics under wraps until after Christmas.

They will have home delivery of food. Weight Watchers has filed a patent application for a “smart portions” delivery service, which will supposedly be different from the frozen meals found in stores. Also, Oprah may be coming out with a line of frozen food like her cauliflower/mashed potato entree.

The name of the 'new diet' might be Fee Style because WW has supposedly applied for a trademark on that name. As a diabetic, I know there is a blood sugar tester called Free Style. Don't know whether or not that means they will have to choose a different name.

As you stated, Rubee, rumor also has it that lean protein, eggs and lintels will be zero points.

Supposedly, WW is selling their cookbooks and calculators cheap... out with the old, in with the new. Their new calculations will supposedly take into account the amount of protein, the kind of fat in foods and will include the number of carbs. Sounds to me like WW keeps getting closer to being Atkins. I tried low carb, it definitely didn't work for me the second time around, and the first time it only worked to a point, then the weight-loss stopped. If I want to raise protein and lower fat and carbs in my diet, I can easily do so on the Smart Points plan, so I'll let you guys do the new plan to see how well it works before I take the plunge. So far Smart Points has treated me very well.
<+><+><+>
I only lost a pound this week, and that happened at the beginning of the week which means (in my opinion) I am stalled. I read some of the posts here about being stalled and one person said according to Atkins, you aren't stalled until you haven't lost weight in X amount of MONTHS. Are you kidding me?! There is no way I will tolerate a stall that is over a week long. I also read where people were asking if they should go on an 'egg fast' or a 'fat fast' to try to break the stall. To me, Egg fast and fat fast are both a contradiction in terms. A fast is zero food and only zero calorie drinks.

Well, back in the olden days, when we were stalled for a week, we would do a real fast for one day, which would shock our system and cause us to start losing again. Don't know if this will work for me, but it did many years ago, so it's worth a try. Today I am fasting.

Last edited by Bracelet; 11-06-2017 at 05:22 AM..
Bracelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 07:40 AM   #664
Dottie
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
WOE: ADF mostly Paleo
Oprah already has a line of soups out that are WW products:
It's called "O" That's Good!

They may be expanding on that brand/name/logo through the new plan.
It's funny though, if you prowl through the WW fb groups and other sites, people want the old points plus back, not the newer ones.

http://www.onlineconversion.com/ <-- cooking and other conversions

Need to contact LCF?
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/contact.html

Everyone has an opinion. Take what you need and leave the rest.

Be sure to visit Netrition on Facebook for the latest products and deals!
https://www.facebook.com/Netritioncom-210889832433/

The past is beyond your control. The future starts right now, this moment: take control!
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 08:04 AM   #665
Bracelet
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dottie View Post
It's funny though, if you prowl through the WW fb groups and other sites, people want the old points plus back, not the newer ones.
PP was based on fat, protein, carbs and fiber, and the new calculation is supposed to be based on fat, protein and carbs, so I guess this is kind of a return to PP.
Old 11-07-2017, 04:27 PM   #666
Rubee
Senior LCF Member

Well, it will be interesting anyway. As in all change, some will love it, some hate it.

Bracelet, I had read everything you posted. . We seem to be like minded in researching what we are interested in. I read everything I could find....and watched You Tube channels a lot. I just keep going till the trail ends.

I decided to do some prepping today. I seasoned and baked some chicken tenders. I guess I'll shred some, dice some, then freeze. I have left overs I'll eat tonight. I also made sugar free jello, adding less water, adding fat free yogurt and blending. I'll get more protein that way.

Sue and Berta, thinking of you and hoping you are both OK.
Old 11-07-2017, 06:45 PM   #667
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: RW City Sue
Stats: CW 212 GW 159
WOE: WW Freestyle
Start Date: 3/20/2016
Ladies, thanks so much for your prayers. It is a rough time for me. I made it to a meeting today and was up only .6 so I consider myself fortunate bc it could have been worse. I'm sort of just trying to hang on to where I'm at and not lose ground is the position I feel I've had to fall back to. The boys are having a peaceful evening tonite so I'm catching up with a few things on line.

I'm hearing the same rumors about changes to our program. Sounds like it's all good. I could use something to shake things up right about now
Old 11-07-2017, 08:58 PM   #668
Berta48
Berta48

Hello Everyone .
Well I'm feeling some better but not well totally yet. I went to my meeting this evening. I lost 2.2. But that's actually for 2 weeks since I didn't go last week. But im happy. . I've had 14 blue dot days I purchased the hot chocolate for 1 SP that's new. It's really good. They had mint flavored one too but I got the caramel.
Told our leader I have heard rumors WW was changing again in Dec. She just said SP will still be SP. I said and that lean meat will be zero. She just looked at me

Well will be back later. Hugs to everyone

Sue hang in there! A loss is a loss. You can do it Look how far you've came already. You look great in all the photos

Last edited by Berta48; 11-07-2017 at 09:01 PM..
Old 11-08-2017, 04:07 PM   #669
Bracelet
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Bracelet, I cook for one too. And like you said, I get really tired of looking at leftovers. Let me know if you come up with any good recipes for one. I am doing WW on my own too.
I have read WW Smart Points recipes ad nauseum and the only recipe I have found so far that makes one serving and will suit my needs is the WW 3-2-1 cake. Thank you for posting that, Berta. I sometimes melt a candy kiss on top when I am willing to splurge an extra point for that luxury.

Since invention is the mother of necessity, I have been inventing and have finally got what I call my 'triple recipe' the way I want it, so I am posting it. But first a little background info to explain a few of my ingredient choices (which you can substitute for anything you want, of course). I grew up on chili and goulash made with red beans, so I love them. My mom always made goulash with spaghetti as opposed to other shapes of pasta, so that is the way I prefer it. I use chicken tamales as opposed to beef because the beef ones are 5 points for 2 tamales, and the chicken ones are 4 points for 3, but to me they pretty much taste the same. The only place I have been able to find the chicken ones in this area is Dollar Tree.

MUG CHILI (5 SP)

1/4 cup finely chopped onion
1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
1/2 cup (beans & liquid) canned red beans (2 SP)
1/2 cup tomato sauce
3 oz 93% (or better) ground beef; cooked, crumbled (3 SP)
1/4 cup water
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
salt (if desired)

In a large mug, stir together the onion, green pepper, beans and tomato sauce. Cover with cling warp, leaving a small opening to vent. Microwave high for 5 minutes. Stir in the remaining ingredients, cover, vent and microwave 2 minutes more, until heated through.

MUG GOULASH (7SP)

Cook and drain one ounce of whole grain Barilla spaghetti (2 SP). When chili is finished cooking, stir in the hot pasta.

MICROWAVE CHILI-TAMALE “CASSEROLE” (9 SP)

In a microwave safe bowl, follow the Mug Chili recipe, but after stirring in the remaining ingredients, top with 3 Hormel Chicken Tamales (4 SP) (paper removed) before proceeding with the recipe. (I don't add the liquid off the tamales, but you can if you want.)
Old 11-09-2017, 08:58 AM   #670
Bracelet
Senior LCF Member

I eat this right out of the mug, but if you want crust on your pumpkin pie, you can cut the crust off a slice of bread (or leave crust on). Butter (or margarine) one side, place buttered-side-down in a small, hot skillet, cook only until the butter is melted. Flip, sprinkle with a combination of cinnamon and powdered Splenda. Cook until the bottom is browned. Remove from skillet and spread the pumpkin pie filling on top.

For the 3-2-1 cake mix, I used an angel food cake mix and a yellow cake mix, but you can use any flavor. I use Walden Farms pancake syrup. You can taste the mix after adding each Splenda packet to determine how sweet you want it. I use 3 pkts because I like my desserts sweet.

MUG PUMPKIN PIE FILLING (2 SP)

2 tablespoons Weight Watchers 3-2-1 cake mix (2 SP)
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 tablespoon zero point pancake or maple syrup
1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons canned pumpkin
2 or 3 packets Splenda

In a mug, use a fork to stir the pumpkin pie spice into the cake mix. Stir in remaining ingredients until smooth. Microwave 2 minutes.
Old 11-10-2017, 08:13 PM   #671
Berta48
Berta48

Hello gang
Looks like you are getting creative on here
They both sound really good. My problem is the quantity. Not enough for me Now the 123 cake mix is enough. But the chili is like my beans 1/2 cup isn't enough so I don't eat it.

Been right on plan so far this week. Having company tomorrow for a few days But they have to eat what I cook. I'm fixing a bottom round roast with potatoes and carrots and cabbage in the crock pot!

Breakfast will be center cut bacon and scrambled eggs. They will get toast and hash browns. I may have french toast one morning. I use Maple Grove sugar free syrup and Sara Lee 45 cal bread dipped in one egg and two egg whites sprinkled with cinnamon.

P.S. Progresso Light has some really great soups and they are low SP. I bought 25 dollars worth the other evening.I had a whole can for 7 SP.

Last edited by Berta48; 11-10-2017 at 08:17 PM..
Old 11-11-2017, 05:51 AM   #672
Bracelet
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berta48 View Post
My problem is the quantity. Not enough for me Now the 123 cake mix is enough. But the chili is like my beans 1/2 cup isn't enough so I don't eat it.
Makes a big bowl of chili, very filling. Am working on a few other recipes, they all make normal size single servings.

In 2015, after 52 years of smoking, I quit. Then my doc put me on antibiotics for 2 1/2 months, which both made me gain 35 pounds real fast, then I had to go on oxygen. Yesterday my lungs started hurting and I felt dizzy, so (expecting it to be low) I checked my oxygen level. (My baseline is 90, which means they try to keep my oxygen level around 90.) But it tested at 95... has never been that high before. So I turned the oxygen way down for 15 minutes (which I am not supposed to do) then my level was 93. So I took the oxygen off for 15 minutes. When they do that at the hospital, my level usually goes down to 84. But yesterday it tested at 92. This all boils down to... as I was hoping, since I had to go on oxygen when I gained weight, as I lose weight, it is getting better, so hopefully I can eventually get off of it. Also, hopefully, this stupid CPAP machine. It's all good.
Old 11-11-2017, 07:15 AM   #673
Bracelet
Senior LCF Member

Sometimes it takes a while for my brain to kick into gear. I finally realized that since the chili is made in a mug, people would think the servings are small. But what I failed to mention is my mug is 20 ounces (which equals a big bowl of chili), so the mug recipes will all be normal size servings.
Old 11-11-2017, 02:50 PM   #674
Berta48
Berta48

Quote:
Sometimes it takes a while for my brain to kick into gear. I finally realized that since the chili is made in a mug, people would think the servings are small. But what I failed to mention is my mug is 20 ounces (which equals a big bowl of chili), so the mug recipes will all be normal size servings.
CONGRATULATIONS on the oxygen. That's a NSV for certain!
I may try that chili

Old 11-11-2017, 03:39 PM   #675
Rubee
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for the recipes, Bracelet. You have been busy!

I laughed at your mug size reference. When I make coffee, my pot says 8 cups. My cup, or mug, is 16 oz.

Your chili looks good. I might try that.

And your oxygen levels sound great! That must feel pretty good.

I had my great granddaughter here the last two days. No school Friday so she wanted to stay. They picked her up a little while ago. I didn't track well, but will be back on it tomorrow.
Old 11-11-2017, 04:32 PM   #676
Bracelet
Senior LCF Member

I spread these with a tablespoon of no-sugar-added preserves, then spread on 1/4 cup Cool Whip Free, then sprinkle on a little chopped fruit. Next time I make this, I plan to spread on some of the pumpkin pie filling.

3-2-1 ROLLUP (3 SP)

3 tablespoons of 3-2-1 cake mix (3 SP)
2 tablespoons water

Turn a dinner plate upside down on parchment paper, draw around it, then cut out the circle. Place the paper flat on the microwave turntable. Place the cake mix in a very small container and use a teaspoon to 'smash' as many of the lumps as you can. Add 1 tablespoon of the water and stir until all the lumps are gone, then stir in the remaining water until well blended. Pour the batter in the center of the parchment paper and let it spread on its own. Microwave high for 45 seconds. Remove from microwave, let sit flat for 5 minutes, then gently peel the cake from the paper, using a dinner knife to assist you, if needed. Place the cake back on the paper, spread on the desired filling ingredients, then roll it up.
Old 11-11-2017, 07:32 PM   #677
Berta48
Berta48

Quote:
I spread these with a tablespoon of no-sugar-added preserves, then spread on 1/4 cup Cool Whip Free, then sprinkle on a little chopped fruit. Next time I make this, I plan to spread on some of the pumpkin pie filling.

3-2-1 ROLLUP (3 SP)

3 tablespoons of 3-2-1 cake mix (3 SP)
2 tablespoons water

Turn a dinner plate upside down on parchment paper, draw around it, then cut out the circle. Place the paper flat on the microwave turntable. Place the cake mix in a very small container and use a teaspoon to 'smash' as many of the lumps as you can. Add 1 tablespoon of the water and stir until all the lumps are gone, then stir in the remaining water until well blended. Pour the batter in the center of the parchment paper and let it spread on its own. Microwave high for 45 seconds. Remove from microwave, let sit flat for 5 minutes, then gently peel the cake from the paper, using a dinner knife to assist you, if needed. Place the cake back on the paper, spread on the desired filling ingredients, then roll it up.

Old 11-12-2017, 03:11 AM   #678
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

Bracelet, that's so great about your oxygen level. Congrats on kicking the smoking habit

My grandsons in San Jose are keeping me quite busy. I've got to make it a point to get self care time in. We will be going up to the mountains on Thurs for the holiday. I'm looking forward to being back home if only for a week.

I'm still struggling mostly w working out a new personal eating style that works better for me and doesn't feel like dieting and adjusting my mindset. The new smart points plus sounds exciting to me. From what I've heard, they have already rolled them out in the U.K. and we will be seeing the change the first week of December.

Berta, great job w blue dots and a great weigh in. You go girl!
Rubee, meal prepping is a great thing. I see on Connect where successful people get it done every week regularly.
Old 11-12-2017, 11:03 AM   #679
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

Info from U.K. rollout of program changes: https://www.weightwatchers.com/uk/m/...elcome-ww-flex
Old 11-12-2017, 11:06 AM   #680
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

New Zero Points® foods list
DAIRY & EGGS
Hen eggs
Yogurt
Yogurt, fat-free, plain (including Greek & Skyr)
Yogurt, soya, plain

ALL UNSMOKED FISH & SHELLFISH – FRESH, FROZEN OR TINNED IN WATER, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
Fresh & prepared
Bream, red or black
Cockles
Cod
Cod roe
Coley
Crab
Crayfish
Dover sole
Eel
Eels, jellied
Grouper
Haddock
Hake
Halibut
Herring
Hoki
John Dory
King prawns
Lemon sole
Lobster
Mackerel
Monkfish
Mullet, grey
Mullet, red
Mussels
Octopus
Orange roughy
Oysters
Pike
Plaice
Pollock
Prawns
Rainbow trout
Red snapper (Red sea bream)
Rock salmon (Dog fish)
Roll mop herring
Salmon
Sardines
Scallops
Sea bass
Sea bream
Seafood selection
Shark
Shrimps
Skate
Soft herring roe
Sprats
Squid
Swordfish
Tiger prawns
Tilapia
Trout
Tuna
Turbot
Whelks
Whiting
Winkles

Tinned
Caviar in brine, drained
Clams in brine, drained
Cockles in vinegar
Crab in brine
Mackerel in brine
Pilchards in brine, drained
Pink salmon
Red salmon
Sardines in brine, drained
Tuna in brine, drained
Tuna in springwater, drained

POULTRY
Cooked deli
Chicken breast, wafer-thin
Turkey breast, wafer-thin

Fresh & prepared
Chicken breast mince
Chicken breast, skinless
Turkey breast mince
Turkey breast, skinless

FRUIT & VEGETABLES – FRESH, FROZEN, PICKLED & TINNED
All fruit, fresh, frozen or tinned in natural juice or water, drained
Most vegetables fresh, frozen or tinned without oil or sugar*

ALL LEGUMES – FRESH, FROZEN OR TINNED WITHOUT OIL OR SUGAR, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
Aduki beans
Beansprouts
Black eyed beans
Borlotti beans
Broad beans
Butter beans
Cannellini beans
Chick peas
Flageolet beans
French-style
Fresh beans
Green beans
Haricot beans
Kidney beans
Lentils, green or brown
Lentils, split red
Mung beans
Pinto beans
Runner beans
Soya beans
Tinned beans
Yellow split peas

MEAT FREE PROTEIN SUBSTITUTES
Plain tofu
Quorn fillet
Quorn mince
Quorn pieces
Smoked tofu

*Some fruits and vegetables contain SmartPoints values, these are:
Avocados
Cassava/Yuca/Plantain/Manioc
Mushy peas
Olives
Parsnips
Potatoes
Sweet potato
Yams
Old 11-13-2017, 11:25 AM   #681
Bracelet
Senior LCF Member

After seeing the long list of zero point foods that we think will be happening makes me wonder what the limit on these foods will be, and I'm sure there will be limits because some of the new zero foods are very high in calories. Like now... fruit and veggies are zero points, but are limited to 3 to 5 servings. So I am sure there will be a limit on protein foods and a limit on starchy foods. It sure sounds like the old WW exchange program I was on many years ago. Even though I know they won't call them 'exchanges', they will call them 'servings', but it's still the same thing. So many protein exchanges, so many bread exchanges, etc. This could be the old program wrapped in a new bow. The exchange programs were starvation diets, so I hope I am wrong about this.

I lost 2 pounds this week.

I know I'm not supposed to toot my own horn, but this chicken and dumplings is delicious.

MICROWAVE CHICKEN AND DUMPLINGS - ONE GENEROUS SERVING (8 SP)
NOTE: Use a large enough bowl so the dumplings can puff up without touching the plastic wrap.

scant 1/4 cup celery, finely chopped
scant 1/4 cup carrot, finely chopped
1 cup water, divided
1 cup Campbell's Healthy Request condensed cream of chicen soup, undiluted (4 SP)
2 teaspoons Country Crock Light (or other), melted
pinch pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoon milk
1/4 cup self-rising flour (3 SP)
5 oz can chunk chicken breast; in water, drained (1 SP)

Place the celery, carrot and 1/2 cup of the water in a medium size microwavable bowl. Cover tightly with plastic wrap, make 4 small slits in the center to vent, and microwave high for 5 minutes. Stir in the soup and remaining water. Re-cover and microwave 2 minutes. Stir well.

In a small bowl, stir together the Country Crock, pepper, salt and milk. Stir in the flour until all is incorporated. Drop by rounded teaspoons (about 9 dumplings) 1/2 inch apart along the perimeter of the bowl. Re-cover tightly. Microwave high until the dumplings are puffed and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 6 minutes.

Crumble the chicken slightly and scatter on top. Stir gently to incorporate.
Old 11-13-2017, 12:48 PM   #682
Dottie
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
WOE: ADF mostly Paleo
I tried a canned "pasta" made of artichoke hearts and it wasn't bad!
Palmini (amazon: Palmini, 15 Calories, 3g of Carbs, Vegetable Pasta (1 lb Net) (Linguine))

http://www.onlineconversion.com/ <-- cooking and other conversions

Need to contact LCF?
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/contact.html

Everyone has an opinion. Take what you need and leave the rest.

Be sure to visit Netrition on Facebook for the latest products and deals!
https://www.facebook.com/Netritioncom-210889832433/

The past is beyond your control. The future starts right now, this moment: take control!
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 05:14 PM   #683
Rubee
Senior LCF Member

I'd seen the info about the zero foods on the new flex plan, but I'm wondering if we will see carby foods go up in points. Bread and such. I haven't seen anything on if that will happen.

I know that I, for certain, will be limiting free items such as beans and legumes to one serving. Yes, calories could go quite high if we ate as much as we wanted. I love beans in anything. I could easily forget that a serving is half a cup. It will be nice, though, to add them to vegetable soup for no points.

Well, my meal prepping was a joke. Trying to be prepared and on top of things. That just isn't my way, I don't think. I haven't wanted one thing that I have in the freezer. With just me, it's easy to be sure I have some things on hand, and then just fix what I want at the moment. That's how I roll. lol

We are having wind, rain, thunder and lightning tonight. I like it, so have the porch light on so I can look out and see the rain on the window and wind in the trees. Ginger tea and a warm house. Life is good.
Old 11-13-2017, 06:20 PM   #684
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

Bracelet, congrats on the 2 lb loss. U are rocking the plan big time. I love chicken and dumplings. Looks like a good, easy recipe. I may make that for the boys this week.

Dottie, I've never heard of artichoke pasta. I do like to try new things so will be ordering some

Rubee, I think daily points wb 23 instead of 30 to compensate for zero point foods. I've done that with meal prep also-been hungry for something else

I'm excited for the new plan. I really need to shake things up about now. And I like learning new ways of eating. I'm hoping it's what I need. Mainly eating w family is doing me in
Old 11-14-2017, 10:50 AM   #685
Berta48
Berta48

Hi Gang
Well I've been off plan since Sat. Haven't even tracked a thing. Had company and just got side tracked. So not looking for a loss this week. But all I can do is get back at it. I'm my own worst enemy sometimes

From what everyone has posted about the new plan I'm undecided what I think about it.

I know I don't like them lowering daily points. I have a hard time now staying within range. But guess I'll give it a try when it's implemented. If I don't like it I'll just stick to the SP plan I'm on now.
Dottie,
I'm sure there will be serving sizes like now a serving is 1/2 cup of most foods. Or 3-4 ounces. Free just means no points not eat all you want (unfortunately ).
Well I hope everyone is working it and doing better than myself.

Last edited by Berta48; 11-14-2017 at 11:00 AM..
Old 11-19-2017, 03:41 PM   #686
Rubee
Senior LCF Member

Sure quiet in here. Well, I'll keep my voice down.

I am starting to work the new plan. Tonight is baked salmon, 0 sp, a large chopped salad, and I'm splurging with my favorite brand blue cheese dressing. I'll have toast w/ CBNB spread. If I want dessert it will be ff plain Greek yogurt with fruit.

I've had a few days of wondering...but I'm here. I still believe WW is the best way for me to eat. My sis is doing keto and is melting away. I'm happy for her, but it isn't for me anymore.

I hope you are all well, and just choosing to take a break from thinking food day and night. It can sure get that way sometimes.
Old 11-19-2017, 04:28 PM   #687
Bracelet
Senior LCF Member

I lost 2 pounds this week. I plan to go off my diet for the first time on Thursday. My daughter usually has Thanksgiving at her house every other year, and this is one of the years she will be spending Thanksgiving with her in-laws. DH is retired military, so we will be having Thanksgiving dinner at the chow hall on base along with our son, 2 grand-daughters and a few other relatives. Some years I have either Thanksgiving or Christmas here, but since I am on a diet, there is no way I want any leftovers in this house. I am only allowing myself one day off. I have to be tough on myself because I want to get this diet crud over with, and if I mess around with it, I will still be counting smart point on my death bed. Can't let that happen.

Rubee, the only meal prepping I do is cooking a pound or two of ground beef, then freezing in baggies - 3 oz. If I had to cook 3 oz. every time I wanted some ground beef, I'd never get any hamburger.

Sue, I'm glad for you that you will be able to go home for Thanksgiving. Do you have any indication of how much longer you might have to be in San Jose? Don't know how you are doing it, I am a home-body and 2 days away from home is my limit.

Berta, looks like last week you have been in sort of a similar situation as Sue. Cooking full meals for others while on a diet is almost an impossible situation. And of course we all know what Thanksgiving will bring, so hopefully we can all get back on track on Friday.

Everyone, have a wonderful Thanksgiving.
Old 11-19-2017, 09:44 PM   #688
Berta48
Berta48

Hi Gang
Well another bad week for me with my eating. I will be glad when all these Holidays are over. Very happy it's only once a year.

The New WW from what I hear beef won't be on the zero points list. Fish. chicken, turkey NF Greek yogurt and veggies fruit and beans . But guess I'll have to wait and see. I hear Dec 3rd.

I've heard it will be called Weight Watchers Freestyle.

I'm gong to my meeting this week since I missed last but I will have a gain I'm certain.

Bracelet you are doing so good.

I heard about a new Pasta. made from vegetables. They are called Super Food Veggies Green,Orange,Purple, Red and White. Look them up on Amazon. 'm going to get some next week. Will let you know how it tastes.

Ruby & Sue Hope you are well.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL.

Last edited by Berta48; 11-19-2017 at 09:47 PM..
Old 11-22-2017, 10:55 AM   #689
Berta48
Berta48

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO YOU ALL

I gained 2.6 this week. OH BOY!!!!

Old 11-25-2017, 06:49 AM   #690
Bracelet
Senior LCF Member

Well, my wonderful diet has become a nightmare and I don't understand why. I am eating 29 points per day, no weekly points. I am eating 3 fruits per day (for example, 2 apples and a banana) just as I have all along, and I am eating the same zero point veggies in the same amounts. The only time I went off the diet was Thanksgiving day.

Tuesday weigh-in = 201
Wednesday weigh-in = 202
Thursday weigh-in = 203
(Went off my diet Thursday for one day.)
Friday weigh-in = 205
Saturday weigh-in = 206

I have been gaining a pound a day. Can anyone tell me why this is happening? I am soooo frustrated!