Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Main Lowcarb Lobby
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 07-17-2017, 04:34 AM   #1
flatferenghi
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: flatferenghi
losing lbs and inches while breaking all the traditional rules.

it is said that one should eat to live, NOT live to eat. I live to eat, and I do it very well. they say we should eat 3 meals daily or 5 small meals. I have been averaging 1 meal a day, and not necessarily at the same time of day, or night. I do not PLAN to eat once a day. it has just happened that way. they say we should eat grass fed beef, lamb, pork etc. they say eat more fish. they say eat wild fish, not farm raised. they say eat free range chicken, and cage free eggs. to that, I say: PAY MY RENT AND UTILITIES!!! Until I win the lotto, I will continue to eat the least expensive zero to low carb food. Now, on the subject of fish, we have a choice: dying of mercury poisoning from eating wild fish, or dying of cancer from eating the hormones, food dyes, and antibiotics etc. from farm raised fish. also, on my 65th birthday, about 1 & 1/2 years ago, I dropped all 4 of my blood pressure meds cold turkey. everyone said i'll be dead very soon thereafter. I was getting free calendars in the mail from funeral homes in 1 month installments. sorry to disappoint everyone, but I am still here. I shall be enjoying a big meal at 5 Guys Burgers (bunless, of course)later today. I will be taking my reduced carb ketchup with me. Breaking the rules is so much fun. In a word, if I have no problem staying on plan, it is not BECAUSE eating healthy is my prime directive, it is BECAUSE my food is so darned DELICIOUS!!! Love & Profits: FLATFERENGHI
flatferenghi is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-17-2017, 04:42 AM   #2
Puppy love
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Puppy love
Stats: 203/126 /126
WOE: No sugar/grains-clean eating
Start Date: October 1, 2012
FF.....keep on keeping on! Your journey is so awesome to hear about. I follow you on your Blitz thread. I always look forward to your stories and insight. It always makes me smile. Thank you for sharing your journey it's valued by many!
Puppy love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 07:43 AM   #3
QueenBacon
I'm not fat, I'm fluffy

Gallery: QueenBacon
Stats: 230/159/135
WOE: lchf/paleo/primal/keto
Start Date: Low carb living a few yrs now.. Restart Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatferenghi View Post
it is said that one should eat to live, NOT live to eat. I live to eat, and I do it very well. they say we should eat 3 meals daily or 5 small meals. I have been averaging 1 meal a day, and not necessarily at the same time of day, or night. I do not PLAN to eat once a day. it has just happened that way. they say we should eat grass fed beef, lamb, pork etc. they say eat more fish. they say eat wild fish, not farm raised. they say eat free range chicken, and cage free eggs. to that, I say: PAY MY RENT AND UTILITIES!!! Until I win the lotto, I will continue to eat the least expensive zero to low carb food. Now, on the subject of fish, we have a choice: dying of mercury poisoning from eating wild fish, or dying of cancer from eating the hormones, food dyes, and antibiotics etc. from farm raised fish. also, on my 65th birthday, about 1 & 1/2 years ago, I dropped all 4 of my blood pressure meds cold turkey. everyone said i'll be dead very soon thereafter. I was getting free calendars in the mail from funeral homes in 1 month installments. sorry to disappoint everyone, but I am still here. I shall be enjoying a big meal at 5 Guys Burgers (bunless, of course)later today. I will be taking my reduced carb ketchup with me. Breaking the rules is so much fun. In a word, if I have no problem staying on plan, it is not BECAUSE eating healthy is my prime directive, it is BECAUSE my food is so darned DELICIOUS!!! Love & Profits: FLATFERENGHI

:j umpjoy:
QueenBacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 08:03 AM   #4
babykinz
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: babykinz
Stats: 230/160/130
WOE: Keto
Start Date: 09/06/2016
Good to know I am not the only one!
babykinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 09:36 AM   #5
Heidinem
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Heidinem
Stats: 130/111/105 (5')
WOE: mostly pescetarian, moderate carbs
Start Date: November 1, 2009
You go Flat!!

"obesity is a complex problem and it will not be shoehorned into simplistic hypotheses"
Stephan Guyenet
Heidinem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 10:21 AM   #6
enemysugar
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: enemysugar
Stats: 278/139/160 Goal Met 8/2017
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: January 25th 2017
This is a wonderful Post Flat. We have all made a Great Choice with our WOE and it is what works for us. I am proud of My WOE and I Should not have to Defend it But I Certainly Will if someone gets too pushy with me. If I stopped eating everything someone says is or could be bad for me...I would starve... We all have to eat within our Budget and lets face it Meat and Seafood can be expensive. I'm happy for those who can afford to buy a better quality product but I would hate to see someone not try this WOE because they think they can't afford it. I'm so glad your enjoying life the low carb way... Me Too
enemysugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 05:14 PM   #7
battler
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: battler
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatferenghi View Post
Rules are meant to be broken. Good on you.

As for the cage free eggs thing....they are a healthy food option for the poorest communities and it really annoys me that social justice and animal welfare groups do not factor that into their crusade. Its these things that will force people to eat cheap processed foods.
battler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 02:26 AM   #8
Koala
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Koala
Stats: highest 213, starting March 187/150/maintenance
WOE: Keto-esque
Start Date: March 2017
What a great and positive message!!
Old 07-18-2017, 05:48 AM   #9
healthnut
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: healthnut
Stats: 195/158/healthy -- 5'2"
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 1998
Thanks for the great reminder FF. Are you still in the NYC area?

healthnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 08:01 PM   #10
susume
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: susume
Stats: 140/126/120 73 yr.old 4'9"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Well I just keep starting over.
I liked what you had to say and I to live to eat. I had a relative tell me they eat to live and I call BS on that. Anyhow thanks for the thread.
Old 07-21-2017, 04:42 AM   #11
coffeelover
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: coffeelover
WOE: New Atkins
Awesome message! I've always doubted than most people (fat or thin) really eat to live. Why are there so many restaurants, cookbooks, websites devoted to food? Because eating is one of the pleasures of life! Some of us just need to improve how we do it.
Old 07-21-2017, 09:03 AM   #12
Charski
Gadget Gal

Gallery: Charski
Start Date: May 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeelover View Post
Awesome message! I've always doubted than most people (fat or thin) really eat to live. Why are there so many restaurants, cookbooks, websites devoted to food? Because eating is one of the pleasures of life! Some of us just need to improve how we do it.
I know a few who are "eat to live" followers - my former boss, who was often heard to remark that she hated to "take time to eat" - and another famous one from her - "Why would you eat [insert name of delicious food here] more than a bite or two? It all tastes exactly the same after the first bite!"

My sister is kind of between the two. Most of the time she eats only because she HAS to - then she'll surprise you by sitting down and polishing off a huge chunk of prime rib, a baked potato with the works, a veggie, and a glass of wine! She's also tall and thin and always has been. Annoys the heck out of me.

Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I stuck.

I reject your reality and substitute my own! ~~ Adam on Mythbusters
Charski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 08:49 PM   #13
heidihoopi
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: heidihoopi
Stats: All time Hi--293/this time--219/194/166
WOE: LowCarb, 600 cal days 2x a week
Start Date: Restart Feb 12,2017
You quit taking your 4 blood pressure meds cold turkey?!! What happened, do you take your blood pressure reading daily or at all??? Does your Doc know? That could be awfully scary, you could have a stroke, what made you decide to do that?
Old 07-24-2017, 04:33 AM   #14
Avocado
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Avocado
Stats: 270/224/202
WOE: LC: Sept 2016
Start Date: Nov 2015
I agree FF. Enjoy 5 Guys! Have never been, but I've heard they are good.

On bunless burgers, there have been so many times when I have thought...really, is it such a big deal to have the bun, but I've engaged autopilot and put the bun aside and enjoyed the burger...and then half an hour later I am so happy to have made that choice. Even on low cal, I did that with fries, stopped ordering them as in reality there is no commandment that burgers must be eaten with fries (just the fast food and restaurant industry pushing profits).

KG to goal: -10.7 kg

Avocado is offline   Reply With Quote