Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 07-25-2017, 12:54 PM   #91
Debbieleigh
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Debbieleigh
Boss just took us for lunch..I have won-ton soup

Looking forward to getting settled in Aug

So we are up early and on the road in the morning

I will check in tomorrow night when my guy goes to see the kids

Debbieleigh is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-25-2017, 01:28 PM   #92
SummerBreeze63
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SummerBreeze63
Stats: 202/197/146
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: December 29, 2009
Sorry for being absent again..... life seems to be kickin my butt lately and I am not taking time to visit my friends like I should.

Middle dd had surgery to remove a large cyst that developed on her adrenal gland. It was not a tumor and it was filled with clear liquid that when tested was benign as well. However the cyst was rather large... the size of a 6 month old fetus. So, Friday they removed the cyst and her left adrenal gland. It was a 2 hour plus surgery and they were able to do it laproscopicaly. (sp) This is the daughter that had the preemie baby last year so she needed help with baby until she is healed enough to hold her and care for her again... so I've had baby much of the time.

Sunday I woke up to a phone call telling me a dear friend had slipped into a coma and was now in hospice. I had just seen her a few days before and I knew she was ill... but not to that degree. Her family told me they were shocked as well. She knew she was dying for 3 months but never told anyone. So sad for the family, as they will miss her so much. She was their anchor. I did go see her and the family at the hospital. Tried to be comforting and say the right things.

Today the other grandma is watching the little one so I am catching up on things around the house, then I am going to go work out with youngest dd.

Deb- I think if I read right you are moving?? I hope it is a great move for you and I promise to come back and try to catch up later.

Summer heat in the triple digits in the midwest right now, I figure you have much of the same Cheryl. Stay cool and hydrated everyone!!
SummerBreeze63 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 08:40 PM   #93
CJMO
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: CJMO
WOE: My way mixing it low carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerBreeze63 View Post
Sorry for being absent again..... life seems to be kickin my butt lately and I am not taking time to visit my friends like I should.

Middle dd had surgery to remove a large cyst that developed on her adrenal gland. It was not a tumor and it was filled with clear liquid that when tested was benign as well. However the cyst was rather large... the size of a 6 month old fetus. So, Friday they removed the cyst and her left adrenal gland. It was a 2 hour plus surgery and they were able to do it laproscopicaly. (sp) This is the daughter that had the preemie baby last year so she needed help with baby until she is healed enough to hold her and care for her again... so I've had baby much of the time.

Sunday I woke up to a phone call telling me a dear friend had slipped into a coma and was now in hospice. I had just seen her a few days before and I knew she was ill... but not to that degree. Her family told me they were shocked as well. She knew she was dying for 3 months but never told anyone. So sad for the family, as they will miss her so much. She was their anchor. I did go see her and the family at the hospital. Tried to be comforting and say the right things.

Today the other grandma is watching the little one so I am catching up on things around the house, then I am going to go work out with youngest dd.

Deb- I think if I read right you are moving?? I hope it is a great move for you and I promise to come back and try to catch up later.

Summer heat in the triple digits in the midwest right now, I figure you have much of the same Cheryl. Stay cool and hydrated everyone!!
I'm glad DD is doing well. SS about your friend

Yes hot and humid here. Everything is turning brown
Old 07-25-2017, 08:52 PM   #94
CJMO
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: CJMO
WOE: My way mixing it low carb
Safe trip Deb

Get that packing done Pat. on DH doing so well.

Karen found that peace yet?

I had my mammogram today. And bone density. Lost 1/4" height. I have moderate osteoporosis and Dr said if there isn't improvement we will have to changeup treatment. I figure my thyroid issues will have messed it up. We will see. I've een on large doses of Vit D so maybe not bought a combo TENS/EMS and started using that for my low back/hip pain i sure hope it works. DH has been off work this week. Hurt his knee when he fell off the boat. LD is supposed to get his stitches out Thursday, but it looks like he already took care of that. no weight loss here. off tomorrow
Old 07-26-2017, 08:51 AM   #95
SummerBreeze63
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SummerBreeze63
Stats: 202/197/146
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: December 29, 2009
They are saying today is our last day of extreme heat for the next week. Triple digits today and then we will drop back into upper 80's. Our lawn is staying green right now because we have well water and sprinkler system watering twice a day. You can tell which homes have well water and not as the lawns without are browning up right now.
It's way too expensive to water without a well. Our water company really ups the cost for water in the summer to discourage watering.

I browned up hamburger last night, and am thinking about making crack slaw or taco salad with it.

Cheryl- I hope you find some relief for the back pain. My sympathies to DH about the knee injury, those are hard to heal. We may have some rain later when the cool front moves in. I hope you will get some heat relief too from this front.

Deb- I think you must be on the road now.... safe travels!!
SummerBreeze63 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 12:33 PM   #96
Rbenz
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Rbenz
WOE: Trying to resist anything white.
Deb~Excited for you! Looking forward to getting settled too in late August. Winter should be easier to handle in our new house since we have an attached Garage & a shorter driveway to snow blow!

V~Thx for catching up with us! Yes, life seems to be kicking your Butt! Glad surgery went well for DD & glad cyst was benign! SS about your friend. Ouch...on the triple digits! Glad you have well water there. What did you end up cooking? I cooked up a batch of Crack Slaw last week.

CJ~Bummer on losing 1/4"! I have lost some height too due to spinal disc narrowing. Bummer on DH's Knee. Is he going to get an MRI? How the heck did he fall off the boat? No weight loss here either.

This Moving STUFF is the PITS! We have SOOO Much STUFF & it's Hard to part w/some of it! Got to go & start purging again. Laters.
Old 07-26-2017, 07:35 PM   #97
Debbieleigh
Major LCF Poster!

Great day on the road

I am beat

Al went out to see the kids

yum liver and onions with bacon here at the hotel

road trip pix on F/B

night

more to come tomorrow..2 ferry rides and we see the boat

5am alarm
night
Old 07-27-2017, 08:01 PM   #98
iakaren
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: iakaren
Stats: 191/195/160
WOE: LC 11/06;CAD 11/11;Struggling now
Start Date: October 28, 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJMO View Post
Safe trip Deb

Get that packing done Pat. on DH doing so well.

Karen found that peace yet?

I had my mammogram today. And bone density. Lost 1/4" height. I have moderate osteoporosis and Dr said if there isn't improvement we will have to changeup treatment. I figure my thyroid issues will have messed it up. We will see. I've een on large doses of Vit D so maybe not bought a combo TENS/EMS and started using that for my low back/hip pain i sure hope it works. DH has been off work this week. Hurt his knee when he fell off the boat. LD is supposed to get his stitches out Thursday, but it looks like he already took care of that. no weight loss here. off tomorrow

Quieted down here. But no weight loss here, either........
Sister went back to Canada. she is Selling an apartment house in oregon..YEAH!!!!! Nothing but headaches for me.

GS wants to stay at my house tomorrow night, so wont be total quiet weekend. county fair is over, so one more thing off the list.
.. ......177.0...174.0....174.0...183.0...184.0...183 .5...185.5....192.0....197.....198.5....197.5
iakaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 01:13 PM   #99
Debbieleigh
Major LCF Poster!

looks like i am going to have to track a few people down for august
Old 07-29-2017, 01:21 PM   #100
Debbieleigh
Major LCF Poster!

Lisa..Miss V..and Sooz