Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > The Golden Years
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 01-18-2018, 08:33 PM   #1
mykneesareback
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: I've been up, I've been down, been all around.
WOE: exercise and finger crossing
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
FRIDAYíS ROLL CALL, JAN. 19

Have a good nightís rest, friends.

See you in the morning.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-2018, 08:56 AM   #2
Loretta V
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Loretta V
Stats: 140/119/120
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: July 2001/ Low Carb Friends 9/2001
Thanks Doris for the new start to our day. Hope you slept well.
A good night's sleep is a treasure.

School cancelled again today. 4 days this week. Side roads are a mess but with a nice warm up over the weekend it should all melt. Sunshine today.

Glad to get out and about.

Hi to all that follow.

Maintaining 118/122 **** 15 YEARS
WHEREVER YOU ARE - BE ALL THERE!
BarbCO 4-15-2007
OLD WISE ONE
Jezzie 4-23-2012
Loretta V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 10:45 AM   #3
Begete
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: Restart 2/16/14 171/157.4/130, 2/2/15 166.6/163.6
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
Anne - how is Maggie today?

Loretta - if you are going out, drive carefully!

Doris - is the dishwasher fixed?

Susan - before you shop for any of these electronics, please take some time to research online what the differences are between Echo/Alexa and Google Home IN CANADA. Our friends who have some expertise in this are in France for the month or I would ask if I could give you their e-mail. They live in Victoria, but have a flat in Vancouver, too, where he works.

Ginny - when the lotion I sent you does not do the trick I use Clobetasol Propionate Cream, which is prescription only, steroid cream. It is extremely strong, but does the trick, and it does not affect me the way taking steroids by pill or injection does. Do ask your Dr about this.

Michele, Julie and all of you in the south - how are you surviving the cold?

Nothing much on the agenda for today or the weekend. Have a good one.
Old 01-19-2018, 11:04 AM   #4
SuSUN
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/142/125 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LCF 02/2002
Thank You again Babette for the info and offers of expert help. I did ask my Son in law who works in the technology sector. He is in Dubai at the moment for a while and communication is great. I am in no hurry but sounds interesting. It takes me a while to cotton on to new things.

Loretta, Enjoy the warm up this weekend. Here too we are supposed to get a few warmer days. Will you be able to get out for a brief walk?

Doris, Was little Silas well behaved for you last night? I hope all is going smoothly at your house today and that you get your dishwasher repaired.

Waving to the rest of our gang...hope to check back later...
Old 01-19-2018, 11:52 AM   #5
mykneesareback

Oh yes, dishwasher fixed on Wednesday, part replaced, only cost $147. Dishwasher is not that old, about 2 years, hope it holds up better, itís a Bosch.
Thanks for asking, ladies.

Susan, I wish your daughter or someone you know and where you go inside their home and see how these things work, were available to you, so you can see if itís something even worthwhile to you. Ours turns lights on and, changes tv channels, letís you see who is at the door, or out back, and the music and news from anywhere is the part I like, but son and daughter in law use it for other things too. But we have ability to do this with 4 little set ups in different rooms, not sure how many you would even use or want. Each unit has to be set up, you donít just plug it in and start asking questions or asking for music, etc. I never knew what it was until the kids moved in, could likely live without it, lol. We do also have that RING thing, when you talk to people at the door without opening it..... Never dreamed of any of this in Calif.

Itís normal temps now, could take off my sweater pants and dress normally now, yay.

Loretta, you guys have been through the wringer with this last storm event, probably a good idea to let roads be cleared off and just restart on Monday.

Ginny, hope your MOW went off without a hitch.

Silas was fine yesterday, never even watched tv, too busy making LEGO stuff, and josh brought out his drone so they had fun in the house with that..

Starting to get tax papers in the mail, putting them into a large envelope so it stays together. I have to file as a single person now, Iím sure to get screwed by that....

See you later on..
Old 01-19-2018, 12:02 PM   #6
Begete
Major LCF Poster!

What I saw from my kitchen window this morning....sorry ladies, but my upload keeps failing!

Last edited by Begete; 01-19-2018 at 12:04 PM..
Begete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 12:17 PM   #7
Loretta V
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Loretta V
Stats: 140/119/120
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: July 2001/ Low Carb Friends 9/2001
Begete maybe your picture file is too big. Sometimes I have to resize the pictures before trying to post them.

Maintaining 118/122 **** 15 YEARS
WHEREVER YOU ARE - BE ALL THERE!
BarbCO 4-15-2007
OLD WISE ONE
Jezzie 4-23-2012
Loretta V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 12:34 PM   #8
tatehouse
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tatehouse
WOE: Doing the best I can with Low Carb as a priority
Start Date: Jan, 2002
Maggie is here for the day and feels fine. Thanks for asking. But can't chance going to school coughing and whatnot with strep. Flu is so bad here that a lot of folk's immune system is down. But she and her Barbie have been upstairs playing ... Opera by the sound of it.

I thought of you guys this morning when I awoke with hives. I hope they go away. It looks and feels like the dreaded poison ivy but I'm not sure it can live through snow so I assume hives.

Tonight I'll go to dinner with my Solo Sisters. We are going to a motorcycle themed restaurant. We all independently teased our kids that we were going to a biker bar. It's called Knuckleheads. I've never heard of it so it might be local but great food.

We are looking at 64 on Sunday. That's crazy. 18 one Sunday and 64 the next.

Be well
Anne
tatehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 12:48 PM   #9
Liblady
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Liblady
Stats: 110 lbs. 4'11
WOE: nothing definite
Start Date: May '11
OMG Anne, sure hope it's not hives. That's all I'll say on that horrendous subject. ha

Babette, Thanks for that info. The doctor told me last time that if I got into a real jam to use 1% hydrocortisone cream and use it SPARINGLY. So far I've not needed any. The 3 steroid I'm taking and the shots are doing their jobs. I don't see her till the end of the month but will mention it.

MOW not bad this morning, not nearly as cold as I thought it would be. I bought some cat treats for one place I deliver to, older guys and they have 3 cats. They were so happy I brought some treats for the cats, made their day and mine.

It is 67 degrees here now, I think we're done with the cold for a while. I'll be putting the orchids back out tomorrow. I have SO many buds on the plants.........amazing. Oh, I'll put a picture on when they start blooming again if I have learned how to do it by then.

Did a little shopping this afternoon and I've gone up a size in pants, well that wasn't a surprise. I think the shots, steroids and eating out have contributed mightily. Darn.
Liblady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 12:49 PM   #10
mykneesareback

Yes, Anne, the temps are nuts, we expect 73 tomorrow. Glad you kept Maggie home, strep has to be taken care of, and the antibiotics needs 2 days to keep it from spreading to others, at least that is what I've been told in the past. Silas's Mom also had her doctor tell her to keep sick kid on antibiotics home two days before sending back to school. Darn it, I remember you having Poison Ivy so badly the other place you lived, you are sure ultra sensitive to it, but it is possible to cause a problem in winter. Even if it's inside shoes worn 5 years before, the stuff can still cause a problem. Because it's some kind of oil that can't be washed out easily. Enjoy your time with your "sisters" tonight!! Glad to hear of it

Babette, I couldn't ask my other son about pictures on here, he didn't come to our house, had to work until midnight, so still waiting, This web site is the hardest one to post photos on, I'm sure it's because it free to us, and they have to make a lot of band width for all of us, they don't charge us for it. Think how long we have been on here, goodness!!

There are a lot of tiny birds around, all pecking and looking for food, I know it's too early for hummingbirds, but I do plan on putting stuff out the end of February.

Back to another project....
Old 01-19-2018, 04:53 PM   #11
Begete
Major LCF Poster!

Grrr. Only 47, not even 100 but still cannot post the image..says upload failed!
Old 01-19-2018, 08:28 PM   #12
Texas Sunny
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Texas Sunny
Stats: 175/175/150
WOE: low carb
Start Date: Restart 1-2-18
Hello all,

Just typed a LONG reply....and lost it.

Ah well, in a nutshell.... all is well here, milder weather, crossing some train tracks... hoping all is well with y'all!
Texas Sunny is offline   Reply With Quote