Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 10-06-2017, 09:55 AM   #541
Dimply
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Dimply
Stats: 251/175/125 67.5" lost
WOE: Atkins/IF
Start Date: 01/01/2017
************** START -- CURRENT - 12/24 GOAL ---- OCT START

Mick................... 199.0........192.9 .........174 ............... 192.9
FindingMe........... 230.2........211.6 .........196 ............... 219
Dimply............... 198.5........175 ............163 ............... 176
Michelle.............. 220...........213.6..........190 ............... 215.2
Jess................... 167.8........163.8 ..........158 ...............163.8

****Not Weighed in for end of Sept yet****
NightOwl............ 169.8........167.4 ..........144 ............... 167.4
Nanabell............. 241.3........230 ............210 ............... 230
RockinPeach........ 241.6........225.2 .........199 ............... 234.4
DebbieDowner..... 269...........257 ............170 ............... 257
PlanningVacay..... 211...........205 ............165 ............... 205
Handbells........... 228.6........224.2 ..........199 ............... 224.2
****----------Thru OCT 1 LOSS TOTAL :67 .2 POUNDS-------****
Dimply is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-2017, 10:28 AM   #542
Dimply
Senior LCF Member

Down 1 lb & 2" Happy, but can you imagine what would have happened if I had eaten like DH did, or even said yes to any one thing that he ate while we were out of town? I would have gained, I'm sure, and he loses 7 lbs And I also had 2 days with more steps than usual, and I fasted one day because I was too tired to go out to eat when we arrived in Omaha. Blah.

Mick - Hope you are getting into the swing of things. My old company sucked in many ways, but the training was impeccable.

jess - Glad you are feeling somewhat better. It's always something, isn't it?

Michelle - Dental pain is awful, & I hope the problem tooth has been pulled and you are feeling much better. Good luck with DD2's birthday dinner. Maybe in your drugged state you will come up with something that the family will love and will be a new birthday tradition

The pictures of the houses I took in IA will not upload. I will try again later. Not sure if it is a problem with the site, or user error. Probably the latter
Old 10-06-2017, 10:39 AM   #543
Dimply
Senior LCF Member

I forgot something...

The last couple of times I've flown, I have been stopped by TSA for a pat down. I looked at the monitor last time we flew to NOLA, and the spots targeted were my lower abs & upper arms, where all my loose skin is. The only time I didn't get stopped was flying back to Houston from NOLA & that was due to the machine being calibrated. The agents couldn't have been nicer or more professional, but unless I want this to keep happening I will need my arms done & a tummy tuck. Having my arms done was a given, but I was hoping that wearing spanx for the rest of my life would be sufficient for my jiggly tummy. Guess not. I am tempted to get them done sooner rather than later, but with 50+ pounds to lose, it would not be worth it in the long run.

But the ton of plates, rods, & screws in my ankle don't even show up. Go figure!
Old 10-07-2017, 04:59 AM   #544
Mick6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mick6
Stats: 238.8/191/140 (first 10 in 2016)
WOE: carb nite/ allergy free

Mick................... 199.0........192.1 .........174 ............... 192.9
FindingMe........... 230.2........211.6 .........196 ............... 219
Michelle.............. 220...........213.6..........190 ............... 215.2
Jess................... 167.8........163.8 ..........158 ...............163.8

Mick6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 05:31 AM   #545
Mick6
Senior LCF Member

Jess~ wow that was some fast training for handling so much $! Hope the headache went away. Im glad your being so careful off your wrist. Just hit that scale with a hammer for fibbing to you!

Dimply ~congrats on the loss on the scale and inches! You work so hard and deserve it! Men and weight loss is just not fair to us ladies sometimes. Thats crazy that that is what sets of the TSA scanners. I never would have guessed that.

Michelle~ Hows the tooth?

So I had a half pound loss for the week. I'll take it! I have no idea what I want for my 3 spikes for carb nite. Well I do know I want the rhubarb yogurt with granola again. We were going to go out with friends tonight but one of them is feeling under the weather.

I have been having a lot of problems sleeping since Ive been back to work. It was definately stress as I was constantly thinking about all the things to do and not forget with being thrown into different schools and an unfamiliar role. Wed and Thur I didnt sleep much worrying about the new position. Last night I slept a sound 10 to 5 since those worries are now relieved and quiet. I would have liked to sleep a little later but this is far better that the 3 to 4 hours I had been getting

I kind of wonder if I have pms. Ive gotten a bit weepy over silly things and my bras feel snug in the cups. Hard to say when ya got the ovary to get the symptoms but no part to get a period.

I started learning the position Im back up for though I dont know all of mine yet. However the part I am backup for has a lot of the paperwork/ computer stuff/ordering I did getting thrown into a head position all the time. Eventually I will learn everyones job in the kitchen.These people have so many years of experience so I have some great teachers. Thats great I think to have others know each others jobs for filling in help etc. I think its a lot to know mine and the position Im back up for in 4 days. The lady Im back up for assured me she will help me over time to get it all for both positions. All in all I can tell I am going to love it!!! Physically it is much easier. I love having more than 1 person to work with and the rest of the staff is fabulous. It makes it so much easier to learn new things when there are many people with so many years of experience to learn from. Im honored to move into this position considering I have very little experience in this field and get to work with all these great people. Especially after finding what I am back up for. Also the kids are very friendly and patient as I have been learning to use their register system. Im just so excited and happy about this change. I am going to have to start exercising though as I only logged 3.4 miles yesterday.

So what is everyone up to for the weekend??????

Last edited by Mick6; 10-07-2017 at 05:34 AM..
Old 10-07-2017, 12:24 PM   #546
Dimply
Senior LCF Member

Mick - I'm so happy that things are going well for you job-wise! They are lucky to have you at your new school! Sleepless nights due to stress are horrible, so I am glad that is alleviated for you.

Enjoy CN. I always wonder about what I would eat, & yogurt is something I have been craving, or a sweet coffee drink like a maple pecan latte or pumpkin spice latte. Honestly, I'd probably be happy with a glass of wine.

An old boss is from MN and she liked rhubarb a lot. She said her mom made everything with it. I've never had it!

FindingMe - Where are you? Hope you are staying safe from Nate.

Michelle & jess - How is the tooth/wrist?

Nothing exciting planned for the weekend. I have to return a present for my older niece, Evelyn, to Target & then go to Bed, Bath & Beyond for a replacement. Then I have to go to Omaha Steaks to get some steaks for DH. They just re-opened after being closed since Harvey so I hope they are not too packed. I also have to get some smaller spanx at Macy's, but the Galleria is a block or 2 from church so I will probably do that tomorrow after Mass. I want to get all of my running around done today & tomorrow so I can devote M-Th to housework & laundry since we leave for NOLA early Friday morning, and I have several loads of clothes that are too big for me that I want to bring to my sister.
Old 10-08-2017, 03:42 AM   #547
FindingMe
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: FindingMe
Congrats Dimply and Mick on your losses!!! Looking good!

Dimply - I'm still in TX. As usual, my area got the gusty/rainy side of the storm and the storm surge, of course on the beaches and bays. I don't think they'll know the real damage til the sun comes up. I know some billboards fell, power poles snapped, trees down, etc. 54,000 without power, but from what my account says, mine is still up (our neighborhood is all under ground, but I don't know how much that means for the main source). I had flipped all my breakers other than my garage and had made my house as "hurricane ready" as possible with my flooding issues...

Oh, I did have my rib eye. I was so good! I only had the side salad and I turned away the bread and other fix'ns that I would normally eat. I had to take a doggie bag back to the hotel to finish it as it was 9 ounces. Normally, I would have eaten that no problem. Oh and they put a crap load of croutons on my salad. Normally, they would just put a couple and I would want more, but I swear there was at least 30 and I picked every single one off. Anyway, it was delish and my calorie deficit streak continues. 121 days...I may or may not stay in LA on the way home. If I do, yanno that I've got to get a daiquiri...so that will be my one sugar day of the month, I guess. I know I'll regret it the next day as I get the super octane all clear liquors biggest one they make gallon size, but I know I'll regret it if I don't.

I hope everyone has a great rest of the day and a great next week!!!

Last edited by FindingMe; 10-08-2017 at 03:51 AM..
FindingMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 09:37 AM   #548
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MichelleHu
Stats: 257/213.6/140
WOE: LC/GF Fung Fasting
Start Date: 12/1/2001 then 5/29/13 restart 12/29/16
Bday dinner was awesome, dessert was awesome. Tooth is still in my head because now it's infected so I'm on antibiotics and pain meds. Up a few lbs of water weight and haven't been in the bathroom again for days. Face is so swollen, I look deformed. Im just doing the best I can to get through. Hey couldn't deaden he tooth all the way because of the infection. But it wouldn't have been infected if they would have pulled it like they were supposed to at the appt before. I am not happy. That's 4 visits and 750 for the very same problem I went in in the first place. Can't wait to hear what the excuse is next time. After they pull it I'm never going back. So I'm super cranky, full of sugar, I can see my own face, in serious pain and don't go back in until the 20th
MichelleHu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 07:03 AM   #549
jessluvzbacon
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jessluvzbacon
Stats: 252/159.8/150
WOE: LCHF/NK
Start Date: June 1, 2014
Good grief!
I'm here. The weekend was fast and furious and today I have to run the kids to dd14's orthodontist/retainer check-up and to the library and such.
I'll be back to comment more tomorrow probably and update.
Whew! Off to run around in the car. ugh.

Wishing you all a great day!

Journal:http://lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=884031
jessluvzbacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 12:52 PM   #550
Dimply
Senior LCF Member

I have major diet fatigue right now. The weird thing is, I don't have a desire to eat off-plan, I'm just tiring of low carb in general. But it is the best fit for me as far as weight loss & health are concerned, so anything else is not even an option. We will be in NOLA this weekend, and DH is making plans for lunches & dinners when he knows I only like to eat OMAD. I'm really trying to be accommodating, but if eating more than OMAD causes me to gain weight I will be Especially when he will eat all kinds of junk & lose. And there is family drama that has me very disappointed in my younger brother & sil (nieces' parents), so I just as soon stay home. Vent over.

FindingMe - I'm glad you enjoyed your ribeye, and I hear you on not being able to eat as much as before.

Smart idea to turn the power off to your house just in case I hope all is well when you get home. If you will be in NOLA this weekend let me know. I may need to join you for a daiquiri or 3 thanks to my family drama.

Michelle - I'm glad that DD2's dinner was a success, but so sorry that you are still dealing with your tooth. Seems like the dentist should not charge you since he didn't pull it previously. I can't believe you have to wait another 1.5 weeks

Mick - How was CN?

jess - My mom had a keychain that said "Mom's Taxi Service" on it. Sounds like you need one too!

Gail - How are things?

yesterday:
B - coffee w/cream & DaVincis
D - ribeye, hotdog; salad w/lettuce, tomato, Olive Garden Italian dressing
Old 10-09-2017, 06:14 PM   #551
Mick6
Senior LCF Member

DIMPLY~ I cant believe youve never tried rhubarb. It is wonderfully tart and pretty low carb. WOO HOO on those too big clothes!!! Im sorry about the family drama and dh planning all these meals.

FINDINGME~ I hope all is well when you get home! Glad you got that steak! Yummy! UGH on all the croutons. Sure when you wanted them they skimp. Now you dont so you get a ton. You are amazing with that deficit!

MICHELLE~ Oh wow I am so sorry to hear you are in pain and the tooth is infected. The 20th seems forever away. Is that how long it takes to get the infection out? I hope your getting some pain relief.

JESS~ Sounds like a very busy day for you!!! Hope ya catch a breather.

GAIL~ I hope things are going ok. I know youve got to be worrying.

CN was good. I had the yogurt with granola, a gluten free sour dough grilled cheese with tots , a few handfulls of popcorn and a peanut butter cup for the spikes. Oddly the pb cup was not so good. The rhubarb yogurt was the bomb!

Its kind of a pattern here. Sunday feel normal. Mondays Im obviously holding water as I seem to be in the restroom frequently. I can tell no difference in the fit of my clothes after CN and rings feel the same.

I bought the cutest red canvas high tops yesterday. Of course I will be jazzing them up and changing the laces. With the clearance and the text coupon a friend sent me I spent a whole $11.27.

Whew do I have a lot of stuff to learn about the backup position. I was slower than molasses at all of the finance part of it today. Speed will come with time. Throw in the vending and ordering in two positions and I have a lot to learn. Good thing there is a good teacher! One more longer day tomorrow and a longer one Wed because of a meeting and I should go to my regular schedule I think.

Eats~
cheese

turkey/cheese

roast/ mixed buttered veggies

butter coffee with collagen
Old 10-10-2017, 07:26 AM   #552
jessluvzbacon
Senior LCF Member

Michelle- I am so sorry about how they are completely bungling things with your tooth. I hope you get relief soon. That is no bueno!
Glad the b-day dinner went well though.
I'm mad at your dentist...

Dimply- I feel you on the diet fatigue. I get so tired of counting every dang thang...and seeing so little result from it. Frustrating. And sorry about the skin stuff. Mine is slowly slowly pulling in some. And getting big biceps has helped some with the arms. But my thighs and tummy are saggy. You can really see it more when I'm laying on my side or sitting. And when I do planks or pushups, I can look down and see the skin hanging. Not as bad as it was, but super discouraging. My turkey waddle on my neck isn't as bad either, but I know it's there and can see it. UGH! I shan't even start on my poor chest...

I do indeed need that keychain.

Mick6- That sounds so hectic! And it sounds like my Bookkeeping job at the grocery store (about 11 years ago) I did for a year while DH finished up his Computer Sci degree. Man, I was slow at it for awhile. So many details! But we know you can do it, and it will calm down soon once you get used to all the ins and outs.

Update:
Still bloaty and knowing me I can't expect Friday's weigh-in to be any nicer. My wrists are ok. I did some armwork yesterday and they are whiny but alright. Legs today and abs.

Dd14's bottom teeth are trying to move already so they recast a new retainer and we go get it Monday. The same day of my rheumatologist follow-up.

We're going to have to start a major Fall-Cleaning overhaul as dd14's birthday is the 1st weekend in Nov, and she wants to have friends over. This place is a dusty wreck and they just keep being so MESSY!

Off to finish stalling and then wrangle the younger kids into getting some school done.

Wishing you all a wonderful day!

Old 10-10-2017, 10:19 AM   #553
FindingMe
Senior LCF Member

Man is it hot down here! I don't know how people live in the South. HAH.

Michelle - I hope you are feeling better!

Jess - I bet that bloat will be gone by Fri! Good luck with the Fall cleaning.

Mick - So glad that you are embracing the new position! I've never tried rhubarb either. That I remember. My family had a garden when I was a child so they made me eat lots of things that I didn't like, but I don't remember that name...

Dimply - I understand you feeling the diet fatigue. I don't think you've been off plan this whole year?!?! I hope your family drama gets better! I would have loved to meet you in The Big Easy for Daiquiris but I'm up here in Duck Dynasty country near Black Bayou Lake (I-20). And I'm headed home tomorrow. I DON'T WANNA GO BACK!!! WHINE WHINE WHINE!!! I probably won't get back on I-10 til MS.

I didn't know they had swamps in North LA. Really interesting wildlife refuge though. I walked all over it and still didn't see it all even though I logged 6 miles. Didn't see any gators, but tons of spider/WEBS and deer deer deers.
DID I SAY IT IS HOT??? ugh. What is concerning is that if it is hot up here, I cant even imagine how hot it will be when I get below the humidity line. OY>

The daiquiri idea was a bust. The hotel kept pushing back my check in and 90 degree temps do not bode well for frozen drinks. I had gone walking and was exhausted so being in the state where liquor is sold everywhere, I just got some whiskey with a little Sprite splashage. I don't know how I ever drank and lost any weight. I got the munchies so bad. I had also picked up some homestyle popcorn and ate 2 bags! In the end, I woke up with a horrible hangover, but somehow managed to just make my deficit goal by the skin of my teeth. I think it was like 1045 or something. Shocker.

When I woke up, I packed up the last of the booze and firmly decided I was done with liquor/sugar for the month but I still have those daiquiris on my mind. Thank goodness I"m too tired to go back out until I leave in the morning.

I'm both dreading and worried about what I'll find at my house...wish me luck. It has been raining non stop since the hurricane so hopefully my furniture isn't floating when I get there.

Have a great rest-of-the week y'all!
Old 10-11-2017, 03:58 AM   #554
Mick6
Senior LCF Member

Howdy everyone! Busy day yesterday but went well.I'll be practicing this bookwork once a week so it gets easier and I know it. I am just thrlled with this position change even though I do miss my old coworker. She is a such a great lady. I barely saw here since school started though since they had me bouncing around. We shall have to visit.
Yesterdays eats:
coffee/ 2 sausage
3 burger patties/broccoli/tomato
coconut mana

DIMPLY and JESS sorry to hear avout the diet fatigue. I think we have all been there for sure. I know I complained about it.

JESS Im glad to hear your wrists are feeling better! Thanks for the vote of confidence!

FINDINGME no rhubarb for you either? You know now that I think about it I only had it as a kid when I visited my grandma in WI. Now I live here so so it is everywhere. Maybe its a northern thing? Im sorry to hear you got a hangover and the munchies. Have a safe trip home and I hope all is well on your arrival.

MICHELLE hows your tooth?

GAIL HOWDY!

Dimply would a lower carb recipe for something new help the diet fatigue?
Old 10-11-2017, 02:54 PM   #555
meimei
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: meimei
I am in! I like to be 90 by this Christmas.

I am super short so don't be surprised by my goal weight. I am 4 feet and 6 inches tall....my parents gifted me super short stature

I am currently 104lbs.
meimei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 03:00 PM   #556
Dimply
Senior LCF Member

I think my diet fatigue is more obsessive food/weight thought fatigue. I try something else to occupy my mind when they get to be too much, but trying to find a weekend's worth of clothes that is not too big or too small is getting to me. And my weird shape makes it worse. I also would like to be able to go to a restaurant and order whatever appeals to me without worrying if I will blow up 5 lbs because I ate a piece of bread or had a baked potato or dessert. And then obsess about it. I am from a city known for its great food, and I live on chicken caesar salads when I am there I know I am not going to undo 30 years of this kind of thinking anytime soon, so I just have to deal, and I am so grateful that I can come here to vent & pout, and y'all get it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FindingMe View Post
Man is it hot down here! I don't know how people live in the South. HAH.
Right????

I went to college across the river from where the Duck Dynasty peeps are.

Popcorn is something I miss, so I hope you had a handful for me. I don't know that I've ever had vodka & Sprite, but it sure sounds good & refreshing. It also sounds like something I would gulp down then realize too late that I should have been sipping

The only off plan foods I have eaten are a few handmade truffles on DH's birthday & our anniversary (the restaurant we went to gives them to you if you are celebrating), a few cappuccinos, and a few bites of Creole tomato soup that probably had flour as a thickener. I also had parm crusted chicken, & I would not be surprised if there was flour in the coating also. But all in all I have stayed low carb since 1/2.

Hope the rest of your trip is relaxing and uneventful, and you find your house in pristine condition when you get home. Be careful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick6 View Post
Dimply would a lower carb recipe for something new help the diet fatigue?
I probably will branch out some as far as recipes go, more for DH's sake. Unfortunately it will make me obsess more, because more ingredients usually means more carbs, but a change will be nice.

Pretty sure rhubarb is a Northern Mid-Western thing. I had never heard of it until an old boss, who is from MN, told me about it. Although I may have read about it in a book when I was a kid.

Glad things are going well at work. I have stayed friends with co-workers from my high school/college days, so I know how co-workers can become friends that you want to keep. As a matter of fact, when we were i NOLA last month I met one for coffee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessluvzbacon View Post
Dimply- I feel you on the diet fatigue. I get so tired of counting every dang thang...and seeing so little result from it. Frustrating. And sorry about the skin stuff. Mine is slowly slowly pulling in some. And getting big biceps has helped some with the arms. But my thighs and tummy are saggy. You can really see it more when I'm laying on my side or sitting. And when I do planks or pushups, I can look down and see the skin hanging. Not as bad as it was, but super discouraging. My turkey waddle on my neck isn't as bad either, but I know it's there and can see it. UGH! I shan't even start on my poor chest...
Yes! This! And I have 50 more lbs to lose! When I lie down on my back my stomach is flat & my ribs poke out. But let me roll over onto my side & it's all a blob. My arms are just horrible. You can see biceps from the side, and when I flex there is a separation, but underneath that is about 3" on each side that just hang & are all wrinkly. Just ugly And make buying shirts a real PITA. Not to mention getting me stopped by TSA!!

Can you send your kids over to clean my house when they're finished with yours? I promise to feed them

yesterday:
B - coffee w/cream & Toranis
D - taco meat w/sour cream & pepper jack cheese; salad with lettuce, tomato, white balsamic shallot vinaigrette dressing (new from Marie's - it's pretty good!)
Old 10-11-2017, 03:03 PM   #557
Dimply
Senior LCF Member

meimei! 14 lbs by Christmas sounds very doable. I'd like to lose about the same amount by then. What plan are you following? Are you new to low carb?
Old 10-11-2017, 07:42 PM   #558
pendragginp
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pendragginp
Popping in to say and sorry I've been AWOL; been dealing with an abscessed tooth which made half my face look like a football - so swollen I lost a lot of my hearing even! I lost a filling and the tooth broke and amazingly quickly an infection took over. But I'm some better now, though still mostly laying low and not able to eat much. I was basically living on yogurt for awhile there, lucky i like it!

I'm sorry I've only skimmed through quickly, but will say welcome to the new folks, good luck on the new job, feel better to the wrists....oh no, I'm forgetting so much! But especially a heart felt "with you girl" to Michelle! I hope you're feeling some better! Tooth stuff is a bear!

Back when I can! Good thoughts to everyone!
Old 10-12-2017, 05:49 AM   #559
FindingMe
Senior LCF Member

FindingMe........... 230.2........209.8 .........196 ............... 211.6
Michelle.............. 220...........213.6 .........190 ............... 215.2
Jess................... 167.8........163.8 ..........158 ............... 163.8

Old 10-12-2017, 06:04 AM   #560
FindingMe
Senior LCF Member

Morning!

The good news: I lost 1.8 pounds while on vacation. I have ALWAYS gained weight while traveling. So, this was a first.

The bad news: I only lost 1.8 pounds while on vacation...I walked 6-12 miles most days and kept my calorie deficit streak going so I should have lost 6-8 lbs. ARGHuh. My body is so dumb. Rinse; repeat. Rant over for the month.

I'm sure I'm holding water although I logged 5 miles AFTER I got home just unloading/unpacking/vacuuming/washing clothes/getting somewhat organized. I know my ankles don't like me staying on my feet for so long and my bad toe which didn't bother me even when I walked 6-12 miles a day is really aggravated now.

My furniture wasn't floating. YAY. I can't really say for sure, but it looks like the water did get up to my door. I didn't see any sign of it actually getting into the house. So, other than the grass needing cut and a few limbs from neighboring trees in the back yard, all looks status quo. I haven't checked the roof yet though. We did have a tornado that came through ahead of the storm, but it just missed our neighborhood. Hopefully that is the end of the hurricanes this year although the season doesn't end until Nov 1st.

I'm exhausted. I'll be back later for personals.
Have a wonderful day!!!
Old 10-12-2017, 06:30 AM   #561
FindingMe
Senior LCF Member

Well, I’m back sooner than expected.
I am about to reset my computer and do some technical stuff/password changes/etc. so I wanted to shoot this off before I lose everything.

Welcome MeiMei! Best of luck in reaching your goal!!!

Plum – I hope things keep improving for you!

Mick – I’m so glad you are enjoying the position change! I may have missed it, but what is coconut mana? Nevermind, I remembered that I can actually do that search thing. So, Coconut butter, right? Does it taste good?

Dimply – You are definitely my inspiration!!! You have remarkable willpower.
I totally get it! Maybe when we get out of the “obese zone”, we’ll let our hair down some. I know we can never eat “like normal folk”, but the burden won’t be so heavy to always be "perfect". See what I did there?

Blake S drinks vodka and Sprite Zero (or whatever SF drink they have) he says, but that might be because he promotes his brand of vodka which I have tried. I’m okay with V and Sprite, but my drink of choice (and what I got in LA) is Jack or JB bourbon/whiskey with real Sprite. I usually just put a splash, but if I’m going to drink soda, it isn’t going to be the yucky kind. Some whiskeys I can just do water with, but I have to be in the right mood.

I'm excited to go grocery shopping tomorrow and get back to the exciting world of knowing what I'm eating. Maybe the scale will show me some love soon.

Thanks for putting up with me!

Last edited by FindingMe; 10-12-2017 at 06:37 AM..
Old 10-12-2017, 11:05 AM   #562
Dimply
Senior LCF Member

Oh no Plum - not you too Hope you get relief soon!

FindingMe - You kicked butt on vacation! Give it a few days and get on the scale again. Traveling makes me retain water for a few days so you may see another loss soon.

Thanks you for saying I am an inspiration to you. I have been sitting here dreaming about <bad stuff> & knowing that my resistance can help others makes me feel good & gives me strength. And I really appreciate your kind words.

Yes, once I am out of the obese zone, I plan to be a little more lax and not put such heavy (ha - good one) pressure on myself.

Glad your house is good, hope the roof is also. But you would most likely have found a leak if there were damage. Unfortunately, I think hurricane season lasts until 11/30, but we are past the traditionally busiest time. But this year has been so crazy, so who knows

yesterday:
D - chicken breast sauteed in butter; salad w/lettuce, bacon, creamy avocado poblano dressing (another new dressing from Marie's )
Old 10-12-2017, 11:51 AM   #563
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MichelleHu
Stats: 257/213.6/140
WOE: LC/GF Fung Fasting
Start Date: 12/1/2001 then 5/29/13 restart 12/29/16
Tooth is still in my mouth, got another week to go till they take it out. First day I haven't had to take pain meds, so infection must be going down. "Football face" has decreased. ( I hear ya on that Pen)! I have been absolutely lazy since on the meds. I just wanna lay around and watch tv. I'm just trying to get through without gaining to much. This awful pain takes precedence. I will check in again....
MichelleHu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 11:56 AM   #564
Dimply
Senior LCF Member

Absolutely Michelle! Do what you need to do to make yourself as comfortable as possible. I'm glad you're feeling a little better.
Old 10-13-2017, 04:22 AM   #565
Dimply
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning!

Happy Friday the 13th! My scale was definitely bad luck - I am up .5 lb which I am not counting since there is absolutely no reason for it. I am down 1" so that's good, but it's frustrating to stay perfectly on plan for a week and see the scale go up & have to measure in 7 places to see any results, especially when I am already over this whole thing.

Headed to NOLA in about 1.5 hours. We are driving, so I don't have to worry about getting stopped by TSA because of my hanging skin. It's my aunt's 70th birthday today, and she is having a party tonight. And of course there will be Hazel time We drive back Monday AM

yesterday:
D - chef salad w/lettuce, tomato, bacon, ham, Swiss cheese, blue cheese dressing
Old 10-13-2017, 07:11 AM   #566
jessluvzbacon
Senior LCF Member

meimei-
Welcome!!!

Pen- I'm so sorry about the tooth.

FindingMe-
well I hope your body is just holding onto some water from all the walking and that it will let it go asap! I know that's just disappointing. But that's 98% of what the scale loves to do: disappoint. Hang in there.

Dimply- well, scales are dumb, but congrats on the inches loss!!! Hope you have a wonderful trip.

Michelle- still thinking of you.

Lost 1.8lb since last lowest weigh-in. Well that's probably the last time the scale will move all month since I know it won't stay.

My chronic headaches are killing me. Sigh...
They come and go all day off and on... wrap around the base of my skull, hurts my neck (stiff and sore), burns down my spine. Which of course radiates out from it into my joints. I'll have to go take some ibuprofen to get rid of it. It will come back later.

They also make me really cranky. I'm tired anyway. I wish I could sleep with earplugs. Being a light sleeper stinks.

Anyway, cleaning today when I'm done with the coffee.
DH finally went back to work and is super busy as a result. They really need to stop aggravating him. They've worn off his "chill" which is a huge deal if you know him.

I really do not want dd14 to have this girl over. But she gets so little social stuff so...I will put up with the tasks needed to make that happen. I have a feeling that I'm going to get very exasperated with the kids before the day is over because they won't be doing their part. I made NONE of the mess, it's all them. So they are going to make it right. It's good for them.

Well, I'm going to sip coffee and stall for awhile longer and then scrub some bathrooms and turbo-vacuum and mop some floors.

Soccer is cancelled tomorrow due to the org that owns the fields double booking the fields...geez. So I'll have time to mellow before we have to go get the friend. At least they'll be no aggravation of running all over town and getting stressed over their games.

I shall stop grousing and go have a productive day.
Have a great weekend.

Jess................... 167.8........162.. ..........158 ............... 163.8

Old 10-13-2017, 10:41 AM   #567
FindingMe
Senior LCF Member

Hiyas!

I've got groceries now so this makes me happy. No processed/frozen chicken so we'll see how I react to "fresh". Unfortunately, I hit the warehouse club a little hard which means cheese and nuts are back in the house, but I've not been this excited to eat roasted cauliflower for ages. They had the biggest heads I've seen in a long time so I got TWO! I really have to practice portion control. At least I got unsalted/premium nut varieties which my cheapness will help try to make last...I avoided the almond flour for a change and will save those recipes for when I get desperate.

Michelle – Glad you are feeling better!

Jess – Congrats on the new departure of poundage! So sorry about the headaches. I hope you get some relief soon! Seems the only thing OTC that helps me is the pain reliever with caffeine in it. IF I get the kind that has aspirin it it, I have to drink about 5 gallons of water to avoid heartburn so there's that. I’m not supposed to have caffeine because it aggravates some of my other issues, but what ya gonna do…

Dimply – I hope you had a fun time with Hazel and the family drama stays far away.
UGH. You are right about the Hurricane Season dates. I don’t know why I said the 1st. DUH brain. 6/1-11/30 is our season and I assume that is for all of us coasters.

My scale floated in the wrong direction this morning. The big dummy! I purposely ate really low and really strict ysd to see if the water would release, but my body well, yanno, no rhyme or reason to it. So, burgers tonight and roasted cauliflower in EVOO. No super low cal for me today!

Have a lovely weekend y'all! And thanks for being there for me!
Old 10-13-2017, 03:34 PM   #568
Mick6
Senior LCF Member

Howdy Howdy! We had today off and I accomplished nothing but some errands and a whole lot of nothing Im real curious what the scale brings tomorrow. I have been shedding water like crazy it seems, pants are saggier and been like a starved dog the last few days no matter how much fat/protein I am eating. I know my calories have to have been quite high. Oh well Im not fighting it. If Im hungry Im hungry.

MEIMEI nice to have you!

DIMPLY I have the same roll over and its a blob issue. Im hoping over time it may get better. The things you describe with the mental and control aspect are exacly why I went back to CN. I was freaking myself out. Im so afraid of becoming my mother! Im ok with slow loss. You know yourself best and know what works for you. Your doing absolutely fantastic losing despite your scale being silly today. Have a fabulous trip and happy birthday to your Aunt! Oh and congrats on the inch!!

PLUM welcome back! Im so sorry to hear you have also been dealing with a painful tooth issue.

MICHELLE Im glad you are feeling a little better.

FINDINGME your groceries and dinner sound yummo!!!! Are you back home now? How is your house? Your scale will behave soon

JESS congrats on the loss!!!! Im sorry to hear the headaches have been so bad . I hope the kids helped more than expected to give you a little relief.
Old 10-14-2017, 04:25 AM   #569
Mick6
Senior LCF Member

Mick................... 199.0........191 .........174 ............... 192.9
Jess................... 167.8........162.. ..........158 ............... 163.8

Happy Saturday! Hope you all have a fabulous day!!!

Last edited by Mick6; 10-14-2017 at 04:26 AM..
Old 10-14-2017, 12:38 PM   #570
FindingMe
Senior LCF Member

Mick, congrats on the new numbers and shedding all that water!
Yep, I'm home and I wrote in way too much detail on the 12th about it all but the short version is everything seems to be okay.
I'm just still trying to get everything caught up. I need a vacation from the vacation.

Best to all!