Old 10-11-2017, 09:52 PM   #1
mykneesareback
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down
WOE: exercise and finger crossing
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
THURSDAY’S ROLL CALL, OCT. 12

Didn’t today’s date used to be the “real” Columbus Day?

Welcome home, Susan!

Ginny, glad you had the red button training .

Good night’s sleep wishes for everyone.

Still biding my time.........
mykneesareback is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-2017, 12:06 PM   #2
Liblady
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Liblady
Stats: 110 lbs. 4'11
WOE: nothing definite
Start Date: May '11
Chorus practice this morning, now I'm home for the "duration."
Noticing I've put on a few pounds and blaming that on the steroids. Bought a loaf of pure white bread the other day, what??? Never do that. Ha. Tasted really good with butter.

And yes Doris, I remember Oct. 12 as Columbus Day and I always worked, we always had a parade also.

No changes anywhere, all status quo.

Susan, how was your Thanksgiving holiday?
Liblady is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 12:11 PM   #3
Begete
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: Restart 2/16/14 171/157.4/130, 2/2/15 166.6/163.6
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
Good morning,

We thought today was our no running water day (community well and storage tank cleaning), but it is NEXT Thursday. Grrr. Spent so much time yesterday doing unnecessary cleaning, laundry, etc. and now we have to do it all over again next week!

My throat is still sore, but lab results say no strep. I still feel crappy. Julie - have you got energy level back yet?

Ginny, glad you had that red button. Regards to everyone else.
Old 10-12-2017, 12:27 PM   #4
Loretta V
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Loretta V
Stats: 140/119/120
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: July 2001/ Low Carb Friends 9/2001
Welcome back Susan. Glad you enjoyed the time away and being with family.
Not much going on here at the Golden Site.

Yes I too remember October 12 as Columbus. Now adays a lot of holidays are grouped together. President's day for one.

Much cooler here in Ky, low 60s, clouds and a dreary day.

Begete have you finished taking all of the rx for your throat? It sure seems to be lingering.

Maintaining 118/122 **** 15 YEARS
WHEREVER YOU ARE - BE ALL THERE!
BarbCO 4-15-2007
OLD WISE ONE
Jezzie 4-23-2012
Loretta V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 12:59 PM   #5
mykneesareback

It was cooler this AM, 61, but AC back on, humidity is high, and tomorrow back into the 90’s.

Ginny, I bought some white bread awhile ago, for toast and simply fruit, strawberry flavor. I put the bread in the freezer. I wish I liked peanut butter, a lot of my friends like to eat peanut butter on white bread. Are your orchids starting to show their age, or do they just fall off the plant when they are done?

Babette, have you looked up chronic sore throat to see if there is some other “thing” that can cause that? I wish your doctor would put her thinking cap on, can’t go to Europe feeling rotten!!

Been cleaning the bathroom, had trouble opening the “scrubbing bubbles” container, had to get Josh to help. Silas had a really cute red car with flashing lights that he brought Sunday, Sure enough, it went under furniture in the living room, so sent him to the hallway. Well, suddenly, it went under my double bed. We searched and searched, brooms and dust mops, grabbers, etc., could not find it. The men lifted up the bed and both mattresses and nothing. Last night, Josh came in, laid sideways on the bed, looking under the headboard, noticed there was a tiny bit of room under a board that looks like it’s on the floor. Sure enough, way back in a corner was that car, batteries dead though! Silas was overjoyed, lol!

Loretta, my son found two large containers for Zinnias, so I can try Saturday to get some. Such cheerful blooms!

Leftovers tonight, I’m all cooked out, friends. Going to pay attention to specials every week now, since I’m supposed to make the turkey for thanksgiving and take it over to Zach’s. Wonder how prices will be?

Later.......

Old 10-12-2017, 01:22 PM   #6
ocali
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ocali
Doris, doesn't Silas go to school now? I've been wondering since he seems to go to bed quite late for a little boy. Maybe I'm mistaken.
Begete, no, I have no energy at all. I really feel awful. My doctor had me get a chest X-ray two weeks ago because she said she heard "something " in one lung. Then had a follow-up X-ray this past Monday and all is clear. Now I have a problem that my whole body hurts. It moves from place to place. I give up! Sorry to keep talking about my misery.
Ginny, what's doing with your hives?
Michelle, Loretta, Susan......stay well. Hope I haven't missed anyone.
Old 10-12-2017, 02:44 PM   #7
mykneesareback

Julie, Silas goes to bed normally when he is home and going to his Montessori class, but when we know he is not going, he stays up later because he does not have to get up early. That sick feeling going around makes a person so frustrated! Even blood tests don’t seem to help. And doctors don’t open any books to try to figure it out anymore, either. I feel they just want to give stock answers and go on to the next patient these days.......

It is so warm, need fans and AC both running today. I’m never satisfied with TX weather, apparently.

Old 10-12-2017, 05:23 PM   #8
SuSUN
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/142/125 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LCF 02/2002
WE had a wonderful Thanksgiving Ginny. Thanks for asking.
I was so thankful that WE were all able to be together for Thanksgiving. Loved every moment.

I have been so tired since I returned yesterday afternoon. Who would have thought having so much Fun would be tiring?

Thanks for the warm Welcome back Doris and Loretta.

Sounds like you are still in the heat down there in TX. Whew! Glad Josh found the little car.

54F right now up here, was 41F this morning but a clear sunny day. So I will take that.

Wishing Julie and Babette some better days ahead.

Waving to ALL...
Old 10-12-2017, 08:43 PM   #9
Begete
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: Restart 2/16/14 171/157.4/130, 2/2/15 166.6/163.6
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
Sorry I didn’t welcome you back Susan....WELCome BACK

Julie....whatever we have, must be the same thing....my cultures were negative so not the strep bacterial pneumonia the doctor thought it was. She didn’t even send me for an x-ray this time because she could hear it. Possible we both have a viral pneumonia that is slowly getting better? As I said, the antibiotics made no drastic difference and I finished them Sunday.

It has been a crappy day. Lot’s of catching up on bill paying and desk work, got my hair cut....tooo short but hopefully will grow in before cruise. and my computer ate a hole bunch of emails relating to another event we are involved in.

And we finally got tired of not having heard if we will be on the garden tour, so I emailed the woman who asked us to be on it and she said they just decided today - no - because we live too far north and they want to keep it on the south end of the island next year. That is utter bull, as two of my neighbors have been on the tour in the last 5 years. I am not upset we weren’t chosen. We already regretted having said OK because of the amount of work involved and we want to go south for the winter. What we are angry about is that we were asked, committed to doing it, and then they left us hanging for 4 months. We didn’t feel comfortable changing our minds after saying we would do it. and then they dumped us!

and I ordered bras from one of those companies that advertises in the Sunday paper coupon section, as they buttoned in the front and were cheap. They arrived today. Let’s just say you get what you pay for.....

So nothing horrible....just an irritating, annoying day when I physically do to feel well, anyhow....

Did I mention our library had a computer failure and lost all records for the middle to end of September? We were getting overdue notices for books we returned, and second copies of books already out. So today I had to take all the books back to the library and wait in line to straighten my account out...

AND, our bank statement did not balance. They think we have $42 more than I think we have. After two hours John tried to balance the checkbook and now he thinks they think we have $43 more.

So nothing tragic or earth shattering like what those poor people in northern California, Puerto Rico and Southern Texas are going thru, but my little world was not a happy place today. Thank you for allowing this massive, self indulgent vent.....
Grrrrrr

Last edited by Begete; 10-12-2017 at 08:49 PM..
Begete is offline   Reply With Quote