mykneesareback
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down
WOE: exercise and finger crossing
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
THURSDAY’S ROLL CALL, DEC. 7

Remember Pearl Harbor

Babette,that was the best Karma story I’ve ever heard in my life. Glad John kept you calm. How awful that the senior community had too much perfume all around, wonder why no one notices it at the front offices? There are a lot of people that can’t handle those smells.

Time to shut tv off and call it a night.

Good night, friends.

Still biding my time.........
mykneesareback is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-2017, 10:29 AM   #2
Begete
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: Restart 2/16/14 171/157.4/130, 2/2/15 166.6/163.6
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
Thank you, Doris and Ginny. I love karma when it shows itself so fast!

Must get some packages in mail today, and catch up on paperwork. We have frost which is unusual here.
Old 12-07-2017, 10:39 AM   #3
mykneesareback

I’m also working on wrapping stuff to send to my niece’s daughter, Camille. Haven’t seen her since she was 5 months old.

Paper work seems never ending, just like dishes and cooking, getting to hate them....waste of time.

Josh’s pain doctor increased his meds, it’s his hands that are so bad. He sees this doctor again on the 27th. It’s residual pain from the chemo, because of the platinum chemo is what they say. His feet have it, but not as bad as his hands, that’s why he had trouble st the postal job.

Ginny, that sure is a beautiful flowering tree, Cassava, we had one that never bloomed, up in the mountains. It gave out long seed pods though.

Later, gotta get busy. Good day to you all!

Old 12-07-2017, 12:04 PM   #4
tatehouse
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tatehouse
WOE: Doing the best I can with Low Carb as a priority
Start Date: Jan, 2002
Finished all the shopping for our cookie baking party on Saturday. Those ingredients were pricey. But they will be gorgeous and we will have fun.

The Atlanta area is expecting snow overnight. I am northwest of Atlanta and no snow expected. It'll be interesting to say the least.

Stay warm. Take care.

Anne
tatehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 01:40 PM   #5
Liblady
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Liblady
Stats: 110 lbs. 4'11
WOE: nothing definite
Start Date: May '11
Anne, snow??? Is that a little early? We are in for cold temperatures here, down in the low 40s, maybe into the 30s. Don't like that one bit, ha.

Doris, I spelled the name of my tree incorrectly, it's a Cassia Tree. No seed pods, just lovely yellow flowers. Darn it on Josh's hands, but glad the doctor increased the pain meds.

My dinner out with friend the other night was not so great. This is the friend that fell in her driveway. Anyway, she met her fiance on line years ago and they are the ones that travel everywhere. Well, he had a mini stroke a couple of months ago and it has done him in. He is getting confused, trouble with incontinence, etc. They have a 24 day trip planned to Auckland, NZ and also going to Australia in February. Not sure now. Makes me sad.

Going up to the Tavern for chicken buffet tonight. Haven't been there in quite a while.

Julie, get your "winter" clothes out, ha.
Liblady is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 02:08 PM   #6
ocali
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ocali
After walking out of doctors office last week, I went on Monday and had a good visit. Actually, I'm on some additional meds to add to my current handful. Ankles slightly swollen so have diuretic pill to take when needed. Also, a different allergy med to see if my 5 month bout with running nose, etc. is caused by something I'm allergic to. Changed my vitamin D med from one pill of 50,000 units per week to about 21,000 divided into 7 days. No wonder I'm going nuts.
Going to neighbor's tonight for dinner. Should be six of us ladies there. I bought some little Christmasy gifts for them at Bealls. Probably overpaid.
Old 12-07-2017, 03:15 PM   #7
Loretta V
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Loretta V
Stats: 140/119/120
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: July 2001/ Low Carb Friends 9/2001
Thanks Doris for that reminder about Pearl Harbor. I had forgotten that. Yesterday was the feast of St. Nicholas. Paducah is about 30 miles from where I live. Guess the family is settling down since I have not heard from them. I think her daughters will clean the house and take care of her stuff. The house belonged to Katie's sister. Sorry about Josh's hands hope that painfulness will clear up.

Thank you all for your concern. The girl is at peace after sort of rough life.

That karma sure works great and especially when you see it so clearly.

Sounds like you folks are getting in the Christmas Spirit. I have about finished my shopping.

Hi to all.

Maintaining 118/122 **** 15 YEARS
WHEREVER YOU ARE - BE ALL THERE!
BarbCO 4-15-2007
OLD WISE ONE
Jezzie 4-23-2012

Last edited by Loretta V; 12-07-2017 at 03:23 PM..
Loretta V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 03:23 PM   #8
SuSUN
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/142/125 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LCF 02/2002
Brrrr! We had another dusting of snow this morning and it is bitterly cold out. Our temps are hovering from 25 to 32, so looks like the snow will end up sticking this time.

My neighbour came round with his battery tester machine and my battery measured 428 capacity and its max is 540. So he said it was still in pretty good shape. So I must have just left the door ajar or the interior light on he said for it to run down over night. Anyway, I will keep a check on it. If it happens again I guess I will need to get a new battery. WE Gals need our wheels eh?

Babette, Your Karma story was hilarious! Loved it! And how John had to keep you quiet. Sorry to hear that Senior place wasn't up to snuff. Crazy to have perfumes in this day and age especially with the older residents.

Julie, Enjoy your supper outing with your lady friends. Yes pretty soon you will start to rattle with all those meds.

Ginny, Is the Tavern your local? Handy to have those places to be sociable. Enjoy your chicken dinner.
Sad news about that couple and that wonderful trip they had planned.

Michele, Welcome back home. Yes warm up now and feet up with a show or two.

Ouch for poor Josh and his hands. Doris, Yes glad to hear that he got stronger pain meds to cope with that. Sounds like you are a busy bee again as usual. Sheesh!

Anne, Your baking party sounds like it will be lots of fun and tasty too. Re your neck relapse. Do you think you have been doing too much necking with some handsome person? LOL!

Waving to All.
Old 12-07-2017, 03:35 PM   #9
mykneesareback

What a day, still just finished ordering something else online, and then they got my mother in laws name and not mine, lol. Had to explain that she is passed away and all that.....worn out brain today. Supposed to be washing dishes, but screw it, I'm heating up frozen Chinese stuff and that's that.

Anne, glad your neck is better, sometimes that can come from a virus of some sort. Sounds like your and your friends will bake the same things you did as young chicks!

Ginny, that really is such a sad tale of your friend and her "boyfriend" or whatever it's called nowadays, and I hope maybe with good meds he can go on the trip. I guess it's a doctor's call, did they buy trip insurance? Hope so. Your tree is beautiful, whatever it is, lol. Enjoy your meal at the Tavern.

Loretta, now the daughter will have to take care of the house and so forth, of your step daughter, and as you say, she is at peace now. But it is sad, not very old at all. I remember Pearl Harbor Day often, because of dh, and I was just yesterday doing his hats and cleaning things up around the display table.

Julie, sounds like some fun times chatting with friends when you go out to eat, and that is just the way it is with these doctor appts. and adding more meds or changing meds, keeping tabs on all of it can make your head spin.

I need to get out of here and so some more stuff, the day doesn't have enough hours in it, I think. Someone is stealing time away from us.

later.....