Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Health Support Groups > Weight Loss Surgery
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Forum Jump
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2016, 09:42 AM   #1
joyful48
Senior LCF Member
 
joyful48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: some beach ,some where
Posts: 511
Gallery: joyful48
Stats: 230/160/115
WOE: atkins
Let's Tune it up in June!

Ok another month is here ,opportunities to get more focused ,to get healthy.

I am here getting my head in this again. I have been away too long.
__________________
WLS NOV 4 2011

230/ 123~ back 182
joyful48 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-01-2016, 11:03 AM   #2
Wendy T
Senior LCF Member
 
Wendy T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Northern Michigan
Posts: 276
Gallery: Wendy T
Stats: 252.6/170.4/145 5'6" 52 years young
WOE: VSG 6/2/14
Start Date: June 2, 2014
YAY for starting the thread, Connie!!! Good to see you back!
__________________
Wendy
Wendy T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 01:49 PM   #3
Maryposa
Moderator
 
Maryposa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 2,085
Gallery: Maryposa
Stats: 355/181.0/169
WOE: VSG - Gluten and Egg Allergies
Start Date: 1997; Recommit May 2007 @355; VSG March 2010
I don't think I mentioned that I'm starting training for a half marathon on Monday. As for this week and last week, I started ramping up my walking. About to go on a long one now.
__________________


10 sizes lost, 1 or 2 to go!
See my weight loss progress on youtube!
my youtube channel for my post-op weight loss surgery (VSG) journey
Maryposa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 04:23 PM   #4
Jesse
Major LCF Poster!
 
Jesse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: The great frozen northland
Posts: 1,166
Gallery: Jesse
Stats: 293/VSG 284/155/170
WOE: VSG 06/13/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryposa View Post
I don't think I mentioned that I'm starting training for a half marathon on Monday. As for this week and last week, I started ramping up my walking. About to go on a long one now.
All you extreme athletes, I admire your determination!
__________________
“Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?” ~ Mary Oliver
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 08:26 PM   #5
joyful48
Senior LCF Member
 
joyful48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: some beach ,some where
Posts: 511
Gallery: joyful48
Stats: 230/160/115
WOE: atkins
Hey Y'all!!

Maryposa Good for you ,YOU GO GIRL!!!

You know my brother has cancer and I will be seeing him when I go back home this month. I haven't seen him in 10 yrs . Long story! Anyway I'm apprehensive about driving ,its a twelve hr drive I will stay overnight some where. Since I've quit smoking the drive will be soooo boring ,smoking made it bearable . Any suggestions???

Wendy ~

Jesse~how's it going ??
__________________
WLS NOV 4 2011

230/ 123~ back 182
joyful48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 05:23 AM   #6
Wendy T
Senior LCF Member
 
Wendy T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Northern Michigan
Posts: 276
Gallery: Wendy T
Stats: 252.6/170.4/145 5'6" 52 years young
WOE: VSG 6/2/14
Start Date: June 2, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by joyful48 View Post
Hey Y'all!!


You know my brother has cancer and I will be seeing him when I go back home this month. I haven't seen him in 10 yrs . Long story! Anyway I'm apprehensive about driving ,its a twelve hr drive I will stay overnight some where. Since I've quit smoking the drive will be soooo boring ,smoking made it bearable . Any suggestions???


Some good music to listen to!!!! Or perhaps some motivational podcasts!
__________________
Wendy
Wendy T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 03:52 PM   #7
Jesse
Major LCF Poster!
 
Jesse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: The great frozen northland
Posts: 1,166
Gallery: Jesse
Stats: 293/VSG 284/155/170
WOE: VSG 06/13/2012
Counting down the days until summer break. I'm on antibiotics due to strep throat, hoping they don't mess too much with my tummy.
__________________
“Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?” ~ Mary Oliver
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 07:34 PM   #8
Jesse
Major LCF Poster!
 
Jesse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: The great frozen northland
Posts: 1,166
Gallery: Jesse
Stats: 293/VSG 284/155/170
WOE: VSG 06/13/2012
Doctor's visit ~ 4 years ago, blood pressure was in the high 130s over high 80s WITH blood pressure medication. Yesterday 120/70 , no medication. I my sleeve.
__________________
“Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?” ~ Mary Oliver

Last edited by Jesse; 06-07-2016 at 07:36 PM..
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 10:03 AM   #9
Wendy T
Senior LCF Member
 
Wendy T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Northern Michigan
Posts: 276
Gallery: Wendy T
Stats: 252.6/170.4/145 5'6" 52 years young
WOE: VSG 6/2/14
Start Date: June 2, 2014
Jesse - that's great!!!

My blood pressure was elevated before surgery, too, and I was on meds for it..1 month after surgery I was able to stop taking them!

Even though I'm having the dickens of a time staying on track and losing 20-25 more pounds, I still love my sleeve, and would do it over again in a heartbeat!!

Tomorrow morning I'm having a nerve removed from between my toes, and I have 2 graduation parties to attend this weekend, 1 Saturday, 1 Sunday. I've got my crutches all polished up!! Also, my dad and stepmom will be here visiting for the weekend Between them, my husband, and my 18 year old daughter, I'm sure I'll be well taken care of all weekend!
__________________
Wendy
Wendy T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 01:55 PM   #10
Jesse
Major LCF Poster!
 
Jesse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: The great frozen northland
Posts: 1,166
Gallery: Jesse
Stats: 293/VSG 284/155/170
WOE: VSG 06/13/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendy T View Post
Jesse - that's great!!!

My blood pressure was elevated before surgery, too, and I was on meds for it..1 month after surgery I was able to stop taking them!

Even though I'm having the dickens of a time staying on track and losing 20-25 more pounds, I still love my sleeve, and would do it over again in a heartbeat!!

Tomorrow morning I'm having a nerve removed from between my toes, and I have 2 graduation parties to attend this weekend, 1 Saturday, 1 Sunday. I've got my crutches all polished up!! Also, my dad and stepmom will be here visiting for the weekend Between them, my husband, and my 18 year old daughter, I'm sure I'll be well taken care of all weekend!
Argh, crutches I hurt my knee pretty bad years ago before my surgery. Crutches did build up my arm muscles though. Hope you're off them quickly.
__________________
“Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?” ~ Mary Oliver
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 07:08 AM   #11
Chrystee
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Chrystee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: MD
Posts: 616
Gallery: Chrystee
Stats: 318/170.2/160 VSG 3/18/15
WOE: VSG Surgery/Low Carb
Start Date: March 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryposa View Post
I don't think I mentioned that I'm starting training for a half marathon on Monday. As for this week and last week, I started ramping up my walking. About to go on a long one now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
Counting down the days until summer break. I'm on antibiotics due to strep throat, hoping they don't mess too much with my tummy.
WOOP! When is your half? I had my first in March and now I'm registered for 3 this fall!

Jesse: I had strep too!

I'm down to 177 this morning! I'm happy where I am. If I didn't lose anymore and I stayed under 180 I would be happy.
__________________
LCF Member since May 2001
Chrystee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 12:15 PM   #12
Jesse
Major LCF Poster!
 
Jesse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: The great frozen northland
Posts: 1,166
Gallery: Jesse
Stats: 293/VSG 284/155/170
WOE: VSG 06/13/2012
Hopefully it's so quiet in here because everyone is off having lots of summer fun. I have been off for two weeks and I am having the best time. Summer's are brief but so beautiful in Minneapolis, so we make the most of it. There are so many free concerts, and festivals and pop up sidewalk cafes, I'm actually feeling a little tired trying to take it all in. Hope everyone else is finding some fun too!
__________________
“Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?” ~ Mary Oliver
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 01:58 PM   #13
Wendy T
Senior LCF Member
 
Wendy T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Northern Michigan
Posts: 276
Gallery: Wendy T
Stats: 252.6/170.4/145 5'6" 52 years young
WOE: VSG 6/2/14
Start Date: June 2, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
Hopefully it's so quiet in here because everyone is off having lots of summer fun. I have been off for two weeks and I am having the best time. Summer's are brief but so beautiful in Minneapolis, so we make the most of it. There are so many free concerts, and festivals and pop up sidewalk cafes, I'm actually feeling a little tired trying to take it all in. Hope everyone else is finding some fun too!
Glad you're having fun!

Nothing is free where we live. I love summer time, but it seems weekends are taken up with housecleaning, laundry, yard work, etc. Well, this weekend I've decided I'm spending the afternoon at the beach! Hopefully my daughter and her boyfriend will go with me and bring their kayaks; if not, then it's just me, myself and my kindle! Oh... and lots of water and some protein snacks!
__________________
Wendy
Wendy T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 02:38 PM   #14
Jesse
Major LCF Poster!
 
Jesse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: The great frozen northland
Posts: 1,166
Gallery: Jesse
Stats: 293/VSG 284/155/170
WOE: VSG 06/13/2012
I just had my four year check up and the staff was very pleased with where I am at. They encouraged me to do a better job on my calcium supplements, so I'm going to commit to taking them with better regularity. Otherwise, all good, and I'll see them again in a year.
__________________
“Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?” ~ Mary Oliver
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 06:01 AM   #15
Wendy T
Senior LCF Member
 
Wendy T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Northern Michigan
Posts: 276
Gallery: Wendy T
Stats: 252.6/170.4/145 5'6" 52 years young
WOE: VSG 6/2/14
Start Date: June 2, 2014
Jesse, how much calcium do you take? I was never told I had to take any, but I'm thinking it can't hurt if I DO start taking them.....
__________________
Wendy
Wendy T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 07:56 AM   #16
Jesse
Major LCF Poster!
 
Jesse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: The great frozen northland
Posts: 1,166
Gallery: Jesse
Stats: 293/VSG 284/155/170
WOE: VSG 06/13/2012
I'm supposed to take 1500 mg. I don't usually get that much, but I do eat that much calcium most days. I also take extra vitamin D. I have osteopenia in both my hips and every scan shows a little more bone loss. I'm going to buckle down and take some supplemental calcium, but I am not convinced that it really helps that much to prevent bone loss, this conclusion drawn from reading about some new studies that were published last year. But on the chance it can help, I will take some supplements .
__________________
“Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?” ~ Mary Oliver
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 08:43 AM   #17
Wendy T
Senior LCF Member
 
Wendy T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Northern Michigan
Posts: 276
Gallery: Wendy T
Stats: 252.6/170.4/145 5'6" 52 years young
WOE: VSG 6/2/14
Start Date: June 2, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
I'm supposed to take 1500 mg. I don't usually get that much, but I do eat that much calcium most days. I also take extra vitamin D. I have osteopenia in both my hips and every scan shows a little more bone loss. I'm going to buckle down and take some supplemental calcium, but I am not convinced that it really helps that much to prevent bone loss, this conclusion drawn from reading about some new studies that were published last year. But on the chance it can help, I will take some supplements .
__________________
Wendy
Wendy T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 06:57 AM   #18
Jesse
Major LCF Poster!
 
Jesse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: The great frozen northland
Posts: 1,166
Gallery: Jesse
Stats: 293/VSG 284/155/170
WOE: VSG 06/13/2012
For a healthy person, I've had a boatload of medical appointments the past week. A chiropractic evaluation, followed by a visit to an imaging center for spine xrays, an annual surgery follow up, a trip to my own clinic for a blood draw, a follow up appointment with the chiropractor today, and Thursday a dexa scan. Life in my 50s.
__________________
“Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?” ~ Mary Oliver
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 12:58 PM   #19
Jesse
Major LCF Poster!
 
Jesse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: The great frozen northland
Posts: 1,166
Gallery: Jesse
Stats: 293/VSG 284/155/170
WOE: VSG 06/13/2012
Jeepers, add dentist. Woke up with a sore jaw, and now it's throbbing, so I called my dental clinic and my dentist had a cancellation this evening, so they can fit me in! I'm getting all the health care.
__________________
“Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?” ~ Mary Oliver
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 10:23 AM   #20
Wendy T
Senior LCF Member
 
Wendy T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Northern Michigan
Posts: 276
Gallery: Wendy T
Stats: 252.6/170.4/145 5'6" 52 years young
WOE: VSG 6/2/14
Start Date: June 2, 2014
Wow, Jesse, busy busy!!

I'm 52, and things just aren't like they used to be when I was younger, that's for sure
I ended up raking and shoveling for almost 4 hours on Saturday, and my back just keeps getting sorer and sorer
__________________
Wendy
Wendy T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 11:58 AM   #21
Chrystee
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Chrystee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: MD
Posts: 616
Gallery: Chrystee
Stats: 318/170.2/160 VSG 3/18/15
WOE: VSG Surgery/Low Carb
Start Date: March 2015
Is there a July thread I missed? Sorry! I was in a month long class for work that I HAD to pass, I was so stressed out. Happy I'm still at 177!
__________________
LCF Member since May 2001
Chrystee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 08:45 AM   #22
joyful48
Senior LCF Member
 
joyful48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: some beach ,some where
Posts: 511
Gallery: joyful48
Stats: 230/160/115
WOE: atkins
Chrystee~ Hi that's great you have made it through without the weight gain!!! Started July thread, see ya there !!
__________________
WLS NOV 4 2011

230/ 123~ back 182
joyful48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:01 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2017 Netrition, Inc. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Netrition, Inc.