Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 08-06-2014, 08:23 AM   #151
clubs
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: clubs
NEW TO LC FRIENDS

THIS IS SECOND TIME FOR ATKINS, IM HAVING SAME PROBLEM AS BEFORE.
MY QUESTION, IF IM TO USE THE SUGAR FREE FIBER PHYLLIUM HUSK - IT HAS 6 GM CARB. DO YOU COUNT THEM?
THANKS CLUBS
clubs is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-06-2014, 01:17 PM   #152
Meme
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Meme
WOE: Atkins-2002 New Diet Revolution
Quote:
Originally Posted by clubs View Post
THIS IS SECOND TIME FOR ATKINS, IM HAVING SAME PROBLEM AS BEFORE.
MY QUESTION, IF IM TO USE THE SUGAR FREE FIBER PHYLLIUM HUSK - IT HAS 6 GM CARB. DO YOU COUNT THEM?
THANKS CLUBS
I've never taken it for that reason, the carbs. I did read about Magnesium so I bought some and it seems to have helped a lot. But I also eat salad and vegetables in my diet.
Meme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 04:50 PM   #153
phat_phanny
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: phat_phanny
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Aug 11
We all felt that way for a couple of days.. then it goes away. Its your body starting the switch over to burning fat instead of carbs. It doesn't last long, as long as you don't eat any carbs :-)
phat_phanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 06:16 PM   #154
Patience
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Patience
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKells View Post
There is nothing wrong with tomatoes. They are on the list of Induction acceptable foods. They have just a higher carb count than some of the other veggies. Same with onions.

Unless you are sensitive to them, or they set off cravings, they shouldn't be a problem. Just count accurately and watch the portion size.
I recall some version of Atkins that does not allow tomatoes.

I would question disallowing jerky . . . if you find a kind without a lot of added sugar, I'd consider it acceptable. There are jerkies with less than 1 carb per serving, including my homemade .
Patience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 10:57 AM   #155
Starchild82
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Starchild82
Stats: 230/218/160
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: August 5,2014
I have a question....is spaghetti squash OK on induction?
Starchild82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 03:06 PM   #156
Dae'Lynn
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Dae'Lynn
Stats: 186/122 from size 18 to size 4
WOE: Atkins Maintenance 40g-100g depending on appetite
Start Date: 02/02/02 reached goal 05/22/04
Yes, spaghetti squash is okay on induction. All I have to say to that is YUMMM!
Dae'Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 03:24 PM   #157
Dae'Lynn
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Dae'Lynn
Stats: 186/122 from size 18 to size 4
WOE: Atkins Maintenance 40g-100g depending on appetite
Start Date: 02/02/02 reached goal 05/22/04
Also, just for the slow losers on Induction, I was one of them. I lost 6 pounds in 2 weeks. But when I increased my carbs by 5 g of non-starchy veggies on the 3rd week, I was rewarded with a 6.5 loss. I never knew so many people got stalled on their third week.

If you are not losing, there could be many reasons. More cheese, cream or sweetener than allowed on Induction, low carb products, sodium nitrates/nitrites, anything wheat containing and snack foods like pepperoni sticks or jerky. Good places to start if you are stalled. Also, some people stall because they do not add in more than 5g of carbs on the 3rd week. I've run across a few people like this. The ones who had in the 5g lose, and those that don't stall. However, that's not everyone and YMMV.

On Atkins, it is normal to lose inches before pounds. Keep that in mind, and if the scale isn't budging, try on a tight pair of jeans to see if they fit you better. This is what I did when the scale wasn't moving. My jeans were always looser.

I wish everyone the best of luck on induction!

And remember, the scale is your guide, not your god.
Dae'Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 01:38 AM   #158
juhanna
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: juhanna
Stats: UK sz 18-20/14-16/12-14
WOE: atkins induction
Start Date: 6th August 2012
@Dae'Lynn, I'm with you with that! Veggies are SO important, especially the green once! Avocado, lettuce, broccoli and cucumber are some of the best once. Also I've noticed some go cutting of the fat and sticking just in eating lean proteins, which is a bad idea too, and drinking plenty water is very important too!!

No more scales!!!! Only enjoying the lifestyle of low carbing

Jan - Feb sz 18 - 20
Mar - Apr sz 14 - 16
May - Jun sz 12 - 14 <-- try and remain in it if possible
juhanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 10:04 AM   #159
RoBren83
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: RoBren83
Frustrated in fourth week

I successfully lost a lot of weight on Atkin's about 15 years ago, and breezed through induction. I was working then and I took jerky or mixed nuts for a snack, made tuna salad and ate it in low carb wraps, etc.
Now, my cardio-thoracic surgeon suggested I do a keto-centric diet to lose weight before I have a minor surgery, so I checked out several books from the library to reacquaint myself with it all.
I was in ketosis by the fourth day and managed to stay that way for most of a week--being all the way in large amounts. Then, I started noticing I would be out by evening (opposite of how I used to be), so wondered if some of my many medications could be affecting things. I started weaning off a few of them that I don't think were helping, anyway, and it still hasn't helped.
I have been following it all to the letter--other than having an Atkin's candy bar every evening, but I'm still completely negative.
I quit drinking diet sodas in February, because my cardiologists both said they were pure poison, so now I have hot or iced tea and lots of water. (Admittedly, I drank at least a 2 liter bottle of diet soda every day.)
I lost about 12 lbs the first two weeks and dropped one pants size, but I have about 25 lbs to go.
I have fibromyalgia, severe arthritis, and congestive heart failure, so I had not been able to walk much before. Now, I walk 20-45 minutes a day on the treadmill and park farther away at stores, instead of using handicapped parking. I am feeling better, but I'm so frustrated!
When I had done this years ago, I was so successful, that I had about 25 more people at my job start the diet due to seeing how well I lost and how much healthier I was. I still weighed about 145 back then (at 5'6"), but wore a size 4.
I tried WeightWatchers two years ago and did the same--lost about 10-15 lbs and went no further, and I was so careful of what I ate, the same as now. My husband thinks some of my health issues and medications are holding me back and he wants me to start adding in fruit and high fiber cereal, but I know I'll regain what I lost if I do.
What else can I do? Before, I was one of the few who used the keto sticks to keep track if I was in ketosis, and I was the most successful. (Others said they'd know if they were losing weight, but my thoughts were if I was eating something to keep me out of ketosis, I would have lost all that time I could do something to fix it. Now, I can't fix it!)
Help!
RoBren83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 06:36 AM   #160
jlw138
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jlw138
Hi RB83-
I am starting my 4th week tomorrow and have lost nothing. I don't get it. I am on induction and following all the rules. I MUST be doing something wrong. I am hoping to get some guidance somewhere on the site. I am 5'4" and weigh 155. I am trying to lose about 20 lbs but would be happy with anything. I have gained 20 lbs over the last 10 years. I have lost and gained more than a few times in my life on Atkins and WW. I am getting very discouraged as well.

JLW
jlw138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 04:47 AM   #161
Avocado
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Avocado
Stats: 270/225/202
WOE: LC: Sept 2016
Start Date: Nov 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlw138 View Post
Hi RB83-
I am starting my 4th week tomorrow and have lost nothing. I don't get it. I am on induction and following all the rules. I MUST be doing something wrong. I am hoping to get some guidance somewhere on the site. I am 5'4" and weigh 155. I am trying to lose about 20 lbs but would be happy with anything. I have gained 20 lbs over the last 10 years. I have lost and gained more than a few times in my life on Atkins and WW. I am getting very discouraged as well.

JLW
How is it going now JLW? I am on week 5.5, but the last 2 weeks have been a stall, so can relate to the frustration. When you say following the rules, what are your carb intake levels and are you drinking water?
Avocado is offline   Reply With Quote