Old 01-02-2017, 08:00 PM   #1
mykneesareback
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
TUESDAY'S ROLL CALL, Jan. 3

I'm tired, that turkey dinner turned out well, just took along time, I left the dishes till tomorrow. Silas will be back late afternoon, son will come here after work and take Silas home. Time to get decorations put away, the other part of the house will take awhile to reorganize.

Hopefully going to the bedroom soon.......

Wishing everyone a good night!

The more I learn, the less I seem to know.......
mykneesareback is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2017, 07:04 AM   #2
Liblady
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Liblady
Stats: 110 lbs. 4'11
WOE: nothing definite
Start Date: May '11
Posted yesterday but for whatever reason, it wouldn't take it.
Saw Whidbey, Begete what a beautiful place!
Went to chorus practice last night, happy I did, the Spring music is great. Have to say though, my arm was talking to me after the 2 hours, ha
Very humid here and warm, we set a record yesterday for the temp.
All Christmas packed up with the help of Steven, just needs to be put away.
Have a good day all.
Liblady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 07:08 AM   #3
SuSUN
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/128.6/125 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation, LC, Lower wheat, Lower Refined sugars
Start Date: LCF 02/2002
Well Done Doris! That will give you a boost to know that you can still pull off a meal like that. WTGG! You dinner sounds delish. The family must have enjoyed themselves. Does little Silas like turkey?

We have freezing rain up here today so the snow has an icy coating this morning, just as the kids go back to school and the workers returning to work as yesterday was a holiday up here in lieu of Jan 1st. It is presently 28F so not too cold but a promise of a few degrees warmer this aft and then just regular rain. I hope so as I have to take Desi out to the Vet for his vaccination. If it's too bad out I will reschedule his appt.

Oh I am so sorry I didn't see that HGTV show. For the others that didn't see it also, would you please let me know when there will be a re-run. Maybe we can get it online or on Demand?

Ginny, only two more days to getting your cast. I hope you enjoyed the chorus last night. That is wonderful that those boys helped you put Christmas decor away too.

Waving to All our friends, Loretta, Julie, Babette, Michele and Gladys.
Old 01-03-2017, 10:47 AM   #4
mykneesareback

Susan, Silas hardly eats anything.....won't even taste or sample, even sweets....very picky eater, I don't know what even an expert would do. Watching other kids eat and say it's good does not matter! He follows his own drummer. I hope you can get that vaccination in for Desi today, so it's DONE.
I figure that HGTV show should be on demand, but I never do that even though I can..... I'll check out what the title of that particular House Hunters is, so it's easier to find. Tonight's Fixer Uppers is new, and so are the House Hunters after it!! I usually record them, because people are here during that time, so I can watch and delete them later on.

There were some bad storms in Alabama and Florida panhandle, did more damage then here from the wind.

Ginny, I saw your post from last night, even read it this morning. Sorry your arm had too much fun last night, glad when the cast comes on.

Waving at everyone, I got dishes up the ying yang!

Michele, thinking of you, heading back to work after holidays, yuck, I remember that feeling..... (yes yes, lucky to have a job and retirement), but still, I sympathize.

Last edited by mykneesareback; 01-03-2017 at 10:51 AM..
Old 01-03-2017, 10:54 AM   #5
Loretta V
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Loretta V
Stats: 140/120.6/120
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: July 2001/ Low Carb Friends 9/2001
I think we are done celebrating the holiday now. DS left for home this am. House is back in order and decorations put away. Did not have much up but rearranging furniture for dinner was a bigger job. DS helped a lot, moving tables and chairs.
Lunch with my DGD Beth was nice yesterday. We just talked about college, her boyfriend, and general things. She got my new Ipod set up so I can listen to my books in the car. Smart kid.

Doris do you have a dishwasher for the dishes?. I usually rinse my dishes off but DIL just put them in after a cursory swipe. Dish washers are a grand invention when you have a lot of dishes to wash up.

Susun have you retired now? The neat part is not worrying about weather to make it to the job anymore. I watch the local news for School Closings. If the schools are closed I stay home.

Waving to those that follow.

Maintaining 118/122 **** 15 YEARS
WHEREVER YOU ARE - BE ALL THERE!
BarbCO 4-15-2007
OLD WISE ONE
Jezzie 4-23-2012
Loretta V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 11:27 AM   #6
mykneesareback

Loretta, yes I have a lovely dishwasher, but can't put large roasting pants and stuff in there, plus odds and ends that can't go into a dishwasher. I will need to run two rounds as it is. I have nothing else to do, of course.... . But cook the next meal. It's getting grayer and colder by the hour.

Old 01-03-2017, 01:04 PM   #7
ocali
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ocali
I checked On Demand this a.m. but it didn't show Whidbey Island show. It will eventually, I'm sure.
The beginning of every year I change the batteries on the outdoor sprinkler control, the a/c heat thermostat, and a clock that my dh made. So that's done for another year. I wonder if I'm missing anything else.
I had a doctor appointment this afternoon so missed a big birthday party at the new clubhouse for a friend's 100th birthday! He lives alone, still drives, always well dressed, etc. As part of his retirement package from Ford Motor Co., he gets a new car every two years!
Old 01-03-2017, 04:00 PM   #8
mykneesareback

That's a good way to remember to change batteries, Julie! It's too bad you missed the birthday party of your friend, though. Was he a higher up in the Ford company? I don't think the retirement packages for average workers had a perk of a new car every two years, lol. Good for him, though. I think I'm going to have to have my sprinkler system looked at this spring, some of the units don't seem to work well, who knows the last time it was checked? Paperwork on this house has been well kept, but nothing about the sprinkler system.

Lasagna in the oven now, waiting about an hour when son should arrive. I cleaned up the patio and set out the step I bought so stepping out back is not so high up, it's sort of dangerous and always bugged me...I ordered cleats to wear on my shoes if it gets icy.

Have a good night, friends!!

Old 01-03-2017, 06:23 PM   #9
Begete
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: Restart 2/16/14 171/157.4/130, 2/2/15 166.6/163.6
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
Hi everyone,

Never got here this morning as had to get up at 6:30 to take DH to hospital for colonoscopy and endoscopy. got home around 12:30, had lunch and took a nap. Awoke at 3:45!

I think all the stress is doing me in. Worry about DH (blood in stool), having the flu and worrying about return on pneumonia, and especially getting ready to put the house on the market and move even tho we really do not want to move.

Then today, a high ranking military analyst issued an opinion piece criticizing the current plan to move ALL of the USA's mufflerless excruciatingly loud planes here, which is the primary motivation for our move.

So now really up in the air. I hate feeling so unsettled. We are asking a very high price for our house, so if we don't get very close, we won't move, but we are already "uncomfortable" having moved so much furniture and other possessions to a storage unit, and we have about 10 times more to sort thru.

OK....enough venting....