Old 01-01-2017, 12:56 PM   #1
Bandy1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Bandy1
Stats: 352/326/199
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Every day
Starting over....

I've been gone from this board for a very long time. Other life gets in the way, but I shouldn't let it.

I probably weigh about the same as I did before. I wasn't planning on starting this today, so I'm not prepared. I still stay away from potatoes (substituting cauliflower), and flour (as much as possible.) I'm diabetic now, but have been having trouble staying away from sugar. Death wish? Maybe. I know I don't feel good when I have it. I really don't want to die, but you can't tell that from my diet.

A friend was telling on facebook how much weight she has lost, so I messaged her. It was low carb. I should have known. It was the best diet I have ever used, but the last year I was very stringent with it, I didn't lose ANYTHING. I didn't exercise, so that was probably a big part of it.

Her and I are going to do this together (through messaging daily) but I missed this board and I need the feedback and know that others are going through the same thing I am. I'm looking forward to checking in and relearning things I may have forgotten.

Thanks for reading.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-01-2017, 01:14 PM   #2
ClicketWench
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ClicketWench
Stats: 283/197.2/158
WOE: LCHF, IF
Start Date: July 23, 2016
Hi Brenda! Nice to meet you! Sticking with a plan is HARD, and Sugar is a siren of a temptress that bites HARD when you answer her call. I bet you are tougher than you think, though. This is a great place to hang out!

Here's my journal: ClicketWench Unbound , if you want to stop by!
ClicketWench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 01:54 PM   #3
Patience
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Patience
Bandy, do you track your food?
I am just wondering if last year was a stringent as your think.
There is a what are eating today thread that is a good place to hang out and people are good about dissecting food choices.

I am saying this based on my own experience, so not saying you weren't stringent, but there are ways for the extra carbs to creep in day by day. As I say, experience talking here.

I am restarting too!

Last edited by Patience; 01-01-2017 at 01:55 PM..
Patience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 02:01 PM   #4
Bandy1
Junior LCF Member

It was probably about 4 years ago that I last did low carb. I tracked everything I ate. It was my second time, and I kept wondering if it was the "golden rule" of low carb that I had heard about. (not losing when starting it for a 2nd time) Maybe the 3rd time will be a charm.

The first time I did it, I lost 14 lbs my first two weeks. I kept going for about a month or two, but developed some health issues. (extreme swelling in my feet and legs, which I still have.) Since that was the only thing I had changed, I stopped the low carb hoping it would go away, but it hasn't.

I'm doing an exercise plan this time around. Even if I don't lose anything, it will make me feel better. It's a win win, especially if I can get rid of some of this chunk.

Thanks!
Old 01-01-2017, 02:17 PM   #5
Puppy love
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Puppy love
Stats: 203/126 /126
WOE: No sugar/grains-clean eating
Start Date: October 1, 2012
Bandy I take 4 g daily of l glutamine daily for sugar cravings it is taken for that. Also join us on the exercise forum under move it move it. All and any amount of exercise is welcome. I would love to have you join us.
Puppy love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 07:36 AM   #6
Parisfox
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Parisfox
Stats: 264/..../160
WOE: LC & VLC
Start Date: Repeat Offender!
Brenda...Splenda is a good substitute for sugar.

Also, don't believe that you can eat "all you want" as long as it's low-carb food. NOT true for most of us. Just like SOME people can eat tons of carbs and not gain weight, there are a LOT of people that need to REALLY watch their calories too. I'm one of them. If I eat over 1000 calories/day I will gain. It's not easy, but too many calories "might" be part of your problem too. Just a suggestion. Good luck.

"I may give in, but I'll never give up!!"...

"Always keep people in your life who charge your battery, not those who drain it."
Parisfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 12:49 PM   #7
kind
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kind
WOE: >
Start Date: April1 2013
Every diet works. You have to find one or combine{And see what works for you.
Calaries do count no matter what plan you go with. It has to become a life change.
I know.It took me to start April 1st.2013 and find that I want too and keep at it.
For me weight has been slow at looseing.
But Im still doing my plan and have had couple falls with regaining=5-7 lbs.

I gained that in Aug of last year and just now it is coming down. Im now 128 and I can not wait to get to 123lbs and be normal weight for me. And then going to keep going till I get 110 lbs.
Weight for me should be 90-123
And know scale will play with your head, But dont let it rule you.
You can do it. no matter how slow or fast.{Each time we stop>we only short change you and your life.
And Yes The second key is to move that body and do weights too. Muscle burns fat and it tones. So move that body.
kind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 06:48 AM   #8
tamigirl
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tamigirl
Stats: 216/171.2/130
WOE: Low Carb/Keeping it under 30
Start Date: Feb. 16, 2015
Hi Brandy! You're already off to a good start by coming back. Like most have said on here. It's finding that WOE that works for you. Since you are a diabetic I would try LC again. You can even try a Ketogenic diet. There is a lady I started following on youtube her channel is Ketobetic Aline she has some easy recipes that look wonderful. I haven't tried any just yet cause I just started following her, but the recipes are easy and so far have been normal easy to find ingredients. She is a diabetic and has lost 18lbs. by eating Ketogenic. Make sure you are getting your daily carbs mainly from healthy LC veggies and drinking water is a must. You are more than welcome to join us on the daily weighing board. You don't even have to weigh daily to join. Some only weigh in weekly, but there are some very encouraging people on there and they have their issues too that let you know that you are not in it alone. Take care of yourself and take care of your diabetes. I wish you the best.
Get back into my jogging!

Tami
tamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 11:52 AM   #9
Bandy1
Junior LCF Member

Thanks so much for all the support and feedback. I will be checking some things out. I've heard of the ketogenic diet, but haven't looked into it. I will check it out.

Thanks so much. My blood sugar numbers are looking better already, and I feel better. Plus, I'm cooking more instead of takeout, so thats a good thing.