Old 01-04-2017, 08:22 PM   #1
mykneesareback
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
THURSDAY'S ROLL CALL, Jan. 5

Just relaxing after fixing dinner, put dishes into the machine but not filled yet. Getting colder, heading into the 20's which is low for here, feels colder to me. It's arctic air moved in.

Bart came back last night, so it was the regular day.

Wishing everyone a rest full night. Ginny, hoping the cast feels better tomorrow, and they treat your sore skin.

I haven't been around, I'm just carrying on......

The more I learn, the less I seem to know.......
mykneesareback is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2017, 08:06 AM   #2
Liblady
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Liblady
Stats: 110 lbs. 4'11
WOE: nothing definite
Start Date: May '11
Big day! Cast on, it will be interesting to see what my arm looks like when they take off this splint.
Finally got a bit cooler, we had rain for about 2 minutes yesterday.
Chorus practice this morning then off I go.
Liblady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 08:25 AM   #3
ocali
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ocali
Bought my ticket for the annual luncheon and fashion show in two weeks. The proceeds go to the local hospice. All the clothing is for sale after the show. I see the annual spaghetti dinner is on the calendar for March.
Beall's has their semi annual bra sale going on now. Buy one and pay $1.00 for the second one. I also had a 20% off coupon. So, I treated myself to two really nice ones. Time to replace old ones.
Old 01-05-2017, 10:44 AM   #4
Begete
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: Restart 2/16/14 171/157.4/130, 2/2/15 166.6/163.6
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
Julie - was just thinking about replacing bras, myself. That is such a good deal, almost worth the flight to Florida!

Ginny - glad to hear you're making progress with your arm. Did you ever get an explanation as to the underlying ause for your dizzy spell?

In the 20's here, too, Doris, and that is unusual for here, too.

Have an eye doc appointment this afternoon. Got to get those cataracts removed.
Have a good one.
Old 01-05-2017, 11:21 AM   #5
SuSUN
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/128.6/125 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation, LC, Lower wheat, Lower Refined sugars
Start Date: LC 02/2002
Wow! Ginny's 'cast day' Do post a pic when you get a chance. I hope you will feel more comfortable with it Ginny!

Doris, It takes me several days to load up my dishwasher to make it worthwhile to put it on. So I run it about twice a week.

Babette, I can see how that move would cause so much stress. Making decisions is tough at any age but as we get older I personally find them harder. I hope you both are feeling stronger each day and recovering from that nasty bug.

Julie, You will be our 'Victoria's Secret' pin up girl. What a deal! It's always good to replenish. Make sure that your cup doesn't runneth over.

Michele, I love your plan for retirement. I did something similar set a 5 year frame. I tapered down from full time to part time and then to a couple of days a month and finally I was able to let it go. You will know when the time is right for You.

What a mixed bag of weather we had up here yesterday. Snow falling all morning, then the plows came out and cleared it away.
So I decided to go out and get my errands done. While I was parked up, a snow squall came in so when I went out the parking lot I was sweeping away the snow as fast as it was coming down. LOL!
But the temp warmed up so it didn't feel too bad. It soon blew over. So I continued on with my errands and I was so happy I got to every store on my list.
Go figure today is clear but temps are falling. Presently we have 20F going down to 6F overnight that's without the windchill.

Waving to All and hope to check back later...
Old 01-05-2017, 12:27 PM   #6
mykneesareback
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
Yep, there is a big "thing" sweeping over the nation alright , the wind makes it worse. I went out back for quick chores and it was sans bra, felt it right away! Dressed better to get the mail.

Susan, isn't it fun to get caught in those snow squalls though, go inside a store and wonder why others walking in are all white, shaking themselves all over the floor...but good you got errands done. We could have flakes tomorrow but mostly it's just extra cold expected, I think west Texas could get more, Amarillo and the panhandle.

Julie, sounds like a great deal on those bras. And you have your usual entertainment planned ahead, too.....😀

Babette, good luck at the eye doctor. Planning whether to move or not, or where is hard! No matter the age.... our Calif. son has not made up his mnd yet, either... to relocate here or not.

Ginny, hope the cast is set!!

Michele, I too think a 5 year plan is a good one. I don't have a plan, and I'm retired, but I guess we had one. Does your employer offer retirement planning help? My husband's did.

Off to put garbage can away and grab a shower. Turning the heat up for that.

I haven't been around, I'm just carrying on......

The more I learn, the less I seem to know.......
mykneesareback is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 01:57 PM   #7
Loretta V
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Loretta V
Stats: 140/121/120
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: July 2001/ Low Carb Friends 9/2001

Cold and gloomy out side and inside.

Maintaining 118/122 **** 15 YEARS
WHEREVER YOU ARE - BE ALL THERE!
BarbCO 4-15-2007