Old 01-09-2017, 08:38 PM   #1
mykneesareback
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down
WOE: exercise and finger crossing
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
TUESDAY'S ROLL CALL, JAN. 10

Zach came to supper and took Silas home, he will have to go to school tomorrow, and it will be a normal day, so maybe something will get done around here. Supposed to be warmer, it's still 61 degrees, unusual from the single digits we had last week.

Have a good night's sleep. Babette, can John sleep with that pain?

Still biding my time.........
mykneesareback is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2017, 08:15 AM   #2
Liblady
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Liblady
Stats: 110 lbs. 4'11
WOE: nothing definite
Start Date: May '11
Back to warmer weather and even warmer tomorrow.
A friend and I are both getting our hair cut today, I am really looking forward to it.
Then she, her boyfriend and I are going up to our tavern for liver and onions, looking forward to that too.
I have run into a glitch as far as another car goes. I never took DH off the title to the car and I see where insurance co. says they need signatures from everyone listed on title. Guess I'll start trying to fix that problem today, I dread it. Just sounds like a long drawn out procedure to me. Ha
Thinking of all.
Liblady is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 09:00 AM   #3
bonehenge
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bonehenge
Stats: 245/145/130?
WOE: LFL-WW
Start Date: July 2004
good morning you all. Its a beautiful sunny warm morning here in El Paso, Tx.
We got up and dressed and before I had my first cup of coffee..went to my son's house and took care of his 2 dogs. He will be back home today, so we have to go over there one more time at noon.
We are going to the gym this morning.. excited to have my hubby join me.. for the first time.. in many years. Hope he will like it and continue.. For the time being I will bring him along as my guest. And well .. we will see if I sign him up to his own membership.
But I feel exersice is so important for us, as we get older, just as eating well and healthy. and I hope with the Atkins and LC WOE he can get off his BP meds and his high Cholesterol pills. I am hopeful.
We had scr eggs with green chilies and onion.. cheese and prosciutto! and it was very good.
so.. off to the gym next.. and I hope we can go for a walk this afternoon.
You all have a wonderful day.

http://www.vonbonehenge.com/misc/fat-days.html
Monika

bonehenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 09:51 AM   #4
Begete
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: Restart 2/16/14 171/157.4/130, 2/2/15 166.6/163.6
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
Good morning. Typing this in car on way to the mainland with DH for him to see podiatrist. Last night, the foot was red and swollen. IMHO, looks like gout even if ER docs said it wasn't. glad I was able to get him an appointment for this morning even if I had to cancel my haircut.
Ginny....I keep forgetting to ask you about your friend who was having the internet romance. What is the latest?
Monika....dogs BEFORE coffee....you are truly a saint ��
Had the most frustrating experience yesterday. I called the hospital where John was in the ER to get a copy of the x-rays and ultrasound done there on his foot. Told they would be ready on a CD. in a half hour. Figured no point in having more x-rays done today if he just had them done 3 days ago. So I drive to the hospital, spend 15 minutes looking for parking, and when I finally get thru the line, am told I need John to sign an authorization for them to give me the cd. Like they could not tell me that when I called? I suggested that as no one mentioned that when I called, perhaps they could phone him and get his consent....got no where, so stormed the admin office. FINALLY, after arguing, etc, they LOOKED UP" his phone number....would not take my word for it, called him, asked him if he was married, to describe me, to tell them if he sent me to the hospital for anything, etc. and then made me show ID.....after nearly two hours of crap. But I left with the CD....finally
Old 01-10-2017, 11:05 AM   #5
Liblady
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Liblady
Stats: 110 lbs. 4'11
WOE: nothing definite
Start Date: May '11
You won tho,'way to go Begete!!
Liblady is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 11:41 AM   #6
mykneesareback

Babette, my WORD, meaning to say worse, but not allowed, lol. Reminds me too much of stuff dh and I went through before, during and after his liver transplant, for years! Those danged hospitals, too many stupid rules, too many people who don't know how to use the rules, and so forth!! I'm glad you went into that office, and had your say, what a bunch of malarkey. Just what you need, even MORE stress. And it sure does sound like GOUT that John has, if it is, that ER needs to have it's people scoured out. Sigh.

Ginny, what you mention about your car glitch, I keep on forgetting to have dh's name removed from our car's ownership, too AND the house paperwork, I'm thinking now of doing it after the tax stuff gets done. I guess I just don't want to face removing the name off of it. In Calif., we always put either/or with our names for the car and house, but here in TX, just didn't think of it. There probably will be fees involved, too........wishing you luck in straightening it all out, will you do it in person to make sure it gets done right? Sorry you have to deal with this extra stuff now!

I've gotten hardly anything done today, been playing catch up here at the house, but do have to cook for the guys tonight, heart is not in cooking at all.

We are to have record breaking warmth today, 79 and then in the 80's and also Thursday, but the stupid wind is the bummer, pushing pollen around making so many sneeze and whatever from that.

Waving at everyone else, gotta go get the mail and so forth........

Old 01-10-2017, 12:07 PM   #7
SuSUN
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/142/125 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LCF 02/2002
Oh my Babette, that is awful that you received the brunt of 'the confidentiality regulations' in health care. I am sorry to hear of your ordeal. Too bad you didn't meet up with a more compassionate health admin person.

Another 'snow day' up here. I am staying put again. At least the temps warm up after a snow fall.
The house chores are done in triplicate. Ha!
I hope to get to some filing and ditching of papers. A dreaded job but necessary. My least favourite chore!

Doris, It took me a while to do the car ownership stuff too.
then when the time was right and I was feeling stronger, I transferred ownership to me. It's all a blur now. Somehow we get through.
It will be DH's birthday tomorrow. He would have been 69 years old. I hope he is celebrating in heaven.

Oh boy Ginny, I am sure if you show them the death certificate that will iron things out for you. Sending you strength.
Enjoy your hair cut and the Liver and Onions! You will be topping up your Iron reserves!

Waving to Julie, Loretta, Michele and Monika hope to check back later...
Old 01-10-2017, 01:29 PM   #8
ocali
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ocali
Yes, as Susan said, make copies of your dh's death certificate, Ginny, and that should do it. My car was already in my name alone. But after by dh passed away, I sent copies to my electric company, phone company, and cable company. Otherwise, you can't do any changes, etc. it was no big deal. The house is in either/or. Oh, also money accounts. Do it all now and you won't have to be bothered later.
Warm enough to do errands in sleeveless top and going to dinner in jeans and short sleeves.
It sure sounds like gout for John. I remember once when my dh was in the hospital , he developed it so bad, he couldn't bear having even a sheet on his foot. I called his foot doctor who came to the hospital and gave him a shot. Men!
Old 01-10-2017, 01:51 PM   #9
Begete
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: Restart 2/16/14 171/157.4/130, 2/2/15 166.6/163.6
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
Ladies, if John had died, these bozos would still have insisted he sign a release for me to get info.

I did suggest that they retain release forms where one could give consent to selected persons receiving information until consent revoked. They acted like no one ever thought of such a thing.
Old 01-10-2017, 02:13 PM   #10
mykneesareback

Babette, I believe you when you said they would have wanted even a dead husband to sign release forms! But the Senior Clinic here does have those forms, and we had to sign them at every doctor appointment!! Even though we had our other forms on file! All that signing, and even the doctor doesn't even look at them. Like you say they were too lazy to look up the phone number, clearly written on every darned piece of paper. It Gauls me! After dh died, they didn't know exactly where his body was, claimed they didn't have my phone number, thank goodness the Neptune Society sent their people around for me. I get disgusted by those well paid flunkies sitting gossiping in offices. I sure hope this podiatrist can help.

Julie, thanks for your tips, too! I hadn't thought about utilities, but they are in my name after all because I made all the arrangements myself before we moved here. But we messed up on the house and car.

Old 01-10-2017, 03:36 PM   #11
bonehenge
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bonehenge
Stats: 245/145/130?
WOE: LFL-WW
Start Date: July 2004
well... good to read and follow up on your posting...
I have had my share of hair pulling with the Military Hospital and getting my husband even an apt.
he had digestive issues.. feeling bloated etc.. and I could not get him an apt. I finally got to use an outside Urgent Care clinic.. but of course they could not tell us much...
It was suggested to get my husband in for lab work.. but in order to get that. he had to see a dr.. but he could not get a dr apt.. etc. .etc
I finially called the head nurse at the clinic and told her unless she wants the Media to hear about how the Army Hospital is treating a Veteran.. she better get me an apt.. Well.. only 2 hrs later.. we had an apt. ARGH
It was like a FULL TIME JOB on the phone all day to get anything done.
We do have to update our living will.. its old.. and I think outdated.. sigh. but something we need to do.

on the other hand.. we had a good workout at the gym. Going for a walk in a bit with the dogs.. Next door was a smoothie bar.. and well DH wanted to go in and check it out. I would NEVER set a foot into the door.. but. .since he wanted to look we went.. and I was very pleasantly surprised.
I did not expect to find anything I could drink or that I would like.. but the girl was so nice.. she made me a sample Kale,spinach, almond milk drink. I think with a little protein powder.. and I don't and she said it was very low in carb. And it was VERY VERY GOOD!

I need to buy me new Keto stix.. mine are OLD and not working anymore.

http://www.vonbonehenge.com/misc/fat-days.html
Monika

bonehenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 04:54 PM   #12
mykneesareback

Loretta hasn't posted today, hope she is ok and power is on...