Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 12-28-2016, 07:06 AM   #1
Jamie2016
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jamie2016
Stats: Goal: 175 lbs
WOE: low carb
JAN 2017 CHALLENGE - Blue Team vs Red Team

Hello and welcome to everyone.

I am excited to start a brand new challenge for 2017. We everyone who wants to shed some weight and have fun doing it. Everyone and anyone is welcome at any time.

Each challenge will last for the entire month. As people join, they are assigned to either the Blue or Red Team, to keep the members (more or less) equal.

RULES:

There are only 2...

(1) Please submit your weight (please be honest) every Wednesday by 12:00 noon to this thread.

On the last day of the month, the winning team will be announced and a new challenge will then start on the first day of the new month.

(2) Please send members of your team supportive and encouraging comments and also be kind and courteous to your opposing team. After all, we are all on the same page of losing weight.... just have fun doing it with a challenge.

Are you in???? OK, lets go.

Copy and paste this into your weigh in message every Wednesday when you post your weight.

My final weight for last month was:
Date This Wednesday is:
My Weight This Wednesday is:

OK.... lets get started and lets have fun doing it! I know that everybody CAN do it! We are ALL winners here!

Jamie2016 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-28-2016, 07:14 AM   #2
Jamie2016
Senior LCF Member

Note: for all new participants.
To be notified by email of any responses to this thread,
please click on "GO ADVANCED" below the Quick Reply message box.
Once you are in the Advanced box, scroll down to the bottom and
make your selection in the THREAD SUBSCRIPTION box.

Thank you.

Jamie
Old 01-04-2017, 04:57 AM   #3
Jamie2016
Senior LCF Member

Hey BetsieLou..... HAPPY NEW YEAR..... hope you had a fabulous New Year and an amazing year yet to come.

Hope you were successful in your numbers.

I thought I was being very good over the past week, but unfortunately, my numbers didn't cooperate..... but I can't look at that.... gotta keep looking forward and I know I will do better this month.

My final weight for last month was: 234.9
Date This Wednesday is: Jan 4/17
My Weight This Wednesday is: 235.9

J
Old 01-04-2017, 12:18 PM   #4
betsielou
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: betsielou
Stats: 170/134/130
WOE: low carb, no particular diet
Start Date: 09/02/2016
Hi Jamie and Happy New Year to you too. I hope this is a great year for you too!

My numbers aren't so bad considering the sweets I have been eating lately, but I am getting that under control or my numbers will go the wrong way. I feel good and am very close to goal so now I have to start learning how to get into maintenance mode.

My final weight for last month was:139.6
Date This Wednesday is: 1-4-17
My Weight This Wednesday is: 139.2

Have a great week. I know you will get back on track now that all the holiday stuff is done!!!
Old 01-04-2017, 02:05 PM   #5
Jamie2016
Senior LCF Member

OMG..... you pulled it off BetsieLou....... congrats congrats.....

I hope I won't lose you as a weight loss buddy once you hit your target. You are soooooo very close and I am soooooo very far away..... lol lol

and you are doing so amazing!!!!! Congrats!!!! Your hard work is really really showing.

J
Old 01-04-2017, 07:04 PM   #6
betsielou
Senior LCF Member

I'm sure I will still need encouragement even once I hit my goal. I already think it will be easy to slip back into old habits so coming here to keep my focus will be necessary.

You will make it too, I have confidence in you.
Old 01-05-2017, 03:40 AM   #7
Jamie2016
Senior LCF Member

TY BetsieLou...... I appreciate your encouragement......

Next week I will have great numbers because I have to fast for my colonoscopy...... which happens to be on Wednesday....... so, I will probably post my numbers on Tuesday..... but if I forget, I will do it on Thursday........ so, don't worry about me not appearing on Wednesday..... I will be back..... lol lol lol

J
Old 01-05-2017, 07:02 AM   #8
betsielou
Senior LCF Member

Oh, that does not sound like fun. Actually the procedure does not concern me it's the gas afterwards, that can be a bit painful, that I dread. I have not had a colonoscopy yet but my DH has. I think I have a few years before I'm supposed to start having them. Hope you don't have too much trouble w/the fasting, and if you post your weight Thursday it will probably be good between fasting and drinking that stuff. I would post those numbers, lol.

Have a good week and hope all goes well for you w/the scope. I will pray for you.
Old 01-11-2017, 07:15 AM   #9
betsielou
Senior LCF Member

Hi Jamie
I guess you are fasting today, hope everything goes well tomorrow. How is your week otherwise? I haven't been super strict this week but my numbers are still OK. Need to buckle down!

Date This Wednesday is: 1-11-17
My Weight This Wednesday is: 139.6
Old 01-12-2017, 08:28 AM   #10
Jamie2016
Senior LCF Member

Hey BetsieLou.....

Sorry, I've been so slowwww in responding again.

In prep for my procedures, I didn't have any solid food since Sunday dinner..... and stopped all meds as well.... so, I'm pretty tired because my Thyroid (is lazy) and really stopped working well which makes me really tired.

Today is my first day back on solid food.... boy that toast tasted soooooo good this morn with coffee and I'm back on all my meds.

The good news is that my colonoscopy came out clear.... Doc doesn't wanna see me now for 10 years..... yipeee.....

My endoscopy had some inflammation, so they did a quick biopsy while they were in there..... will know results in 10 days.

In the meantime, I did my weight on Tuesday but forgot to post it.

My final weight for last month was:234.9
Date This Wednesday is: Jan11-17
My Weight This Wednesday is: 233.6

BetsieLou, you are sooooo good and your numbers are always so very consistent. Keep up the great work. TY for being my weight loss buddy.
Old 01-12-2017, 08:24 PM   #11
betsielou
Senior LCF Member

Hi Jamie
SO glad to hear the colonoscopy came out well, hope everything is fine w/the endoscopy too. And, glad to got to eat some real food again, I bet that toast was good, lol.

Your numbers look good too!!! I have been struggling a bit more this past week, but finally got things under control. I kept telling myself if I eat this "insert bad food choice" I can make up for it tomorrow by eating better. I bad trap to let myself get into, so I got out before it snared me good.

Have a great weekend, and thanks for your support too.
Old 01-16-2017, 09:12 AM   #12
Jamie2016
Senior LCF Member

Hey BetsieLou.....

OMG..... I fell BADDDD this week. I was feeling sorry for myself because I got sooooooo hungry while fasting on Monday and Tuesday and I promised myself that I would treat myself after the doc stuff was all over..... and so with that promise, I fell off the wagon really hard.

I'm sooooo proud of you that you didn't get caught in the snare..... 'cause I did and I am TOTALLY regretting it. I am having such major guilt pangs..... and I'm really worried about the weigh-in tomorrow. I know you will have done very well, but I'm a way different story.

Anyways, looking forward to seeing you tomorrow.

J
Old 01-17-2017, 07:06 AM   #13
betsielou
Senior LCF Member

Jamie
Don't let one bad day get you off track. Just put that behind you and start a fresh right where you are. I know that's easy for me to say, but I really want to "see" you put that guilt away and just get back on plan. We are human, and man those sweets and stuff are so addicting, if they weren't we wouldn't be dieting right?! So, chin up and have a good week! BTW, if it will bother you too much, skip weigh in tomorrow and wait until next week.

You can do it
Old 01-18-2017, 04:17 AM   #14
Jamie2016
Senior LCF Member

OMG Ms Betsie....

You brought tears to my eyes..... TY soooooooo much for all your kind words. I can't tell you how much they meant to me. You gave me the "energy" to GO again..... Love your point of view.... never quite looked at it like that before. TY TY TY

Gotta keep going and I WILL definitely be printing off your message and plastering it all over the house. Your words will keep me going this week.

Date This Wednesday is: Jan18-17
My Weight This Wednesday is: 234.9

Wow, guess it wasn't that bad after all..... I'm back to the same place I was at the end of last month.

I know you will have done well.... looking forward to seeing how you did.

J
Old 01-18-2017, 11:28 AM   #15
betsielou
Senior LCF Member

Date This Wednesday is: 1-11-17
My Weight This Wednesday is: 137.0

Seems like I had been stuck for a little bit there but it finally started coming off again.

Your numbers are great, you barely had any creep up on the scale so to you.

Here's to a new week and I hope it is a good one for you.
Old 01-18-2017, 06:04 PM   #16
Jamie2016
Senior LCF Member

OMG OMG.... good work BetsieLou........ yipeeeeeeeeeee

You did fabulous!!!!!! Keep up the good work!!!!!!

You will be at your goal before you know it!!!!

Congrats congrats congrats!!!!
Old 01-18-2017, 07:50 PM   #17
betsielou
Senior LCF Member

Thank you Janmie you are such a great cheerleader.

Remember back in Dec when I told you I would get the information about things that can cause a stall in weight loss? Well, I'm finally getting around to posting it. These are just bullet points so if you want me to expound at all just let me know. I get these out of a book called "Living The Low Carb Life". So here goes...

1)carbs too high
2)carbs too low
3)under eating (who would guess that could cause problems w/weight loss)
4)over eating (duh)
5)not enough protein
6)not exercising ( that's me)
7)meds
8)food intolerences
9)nutritional deficiencies
10)losing fat, building muscle
11)not drinking enough water
12)period of adjustment for your body

There ya go. These are some things to look at when weight loss stalls. Hope you have a great week.
Old 01-25-2017, 07:05 AM   #18
betsielou
Senior LCF Member

Date This Wednesday is: 1-25-17
My Weight This Wednesday is: 138.0

Uh, I think I went the wrong way, . Between a bit of a carb binge and TOM the end of last week I'm just thankful the number isn't higher. I don't think I will hit my goal of 135 by the end of Jan, but that's OK, I hope to at least be lower than 139.6 and I'll be happy w/that.

How are you doing? Hope you are having good week, I'm a bit concerned since you haven't posted since last week.
Old 01-25-2017, 07:20 PM   #19
Jamie2016
Senior LCF Member

Hey BetsieLou.....

OMG..... I almost forgot to weigh-in today. Somehow I didn't get an email to tell me that you had posted on here, which is something that I kinda count on.

But my good hubby reminded me.... lol lol

What a nice source of info you left me...... wowzers, really appreciate all your hard work in preparing that info for me. It was a pretty interesting list that taught me a lot. I can see a whole bunch of things that I did wrong now.

I had a tough week..... I guess I felt soooo bad that I had gained weight during the previous week that I tried extra hard this week and so I skipped lunch a few times. Guess what???? That didn't help.... it just made matters even worse..... and my numbers went up a little more.

I really have to do it right and I just have to go back to the 20 Carbs a day plan..... that plan really really worked for me before..... it's just a big pain for me to cook that way because I am not used to cooking that way, but it really does work when it comes to losing weight because I am not hungry when I follow that plan.

You are amazingly consistent with your numbers. I can't believe how disciplined you are in keeping the numbers so consistent. Congrats on such a great job!!!! Keep up the great work.

Date This Wednesday is: Jan25-17
My Weight This Wednesday is: 235.1

Hope you have a great week. I will definitely use the info you gave me and be more disciplined like you are.

Thank you for your encouraging support! Really appreciate it.

J
Old 01-25-2017, 07:28 PM   #20
Jamie2016
Senior LCF Member

WEIGHT LOSS FOR MONTH OF JANUARY 2017

RED TEAM TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS 1.6 lbs
BetsieLou 1.6 lbs Lost

BLUE TEAM TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS -0.2 lbs
Jamie -0.2 lbs Gain

CONGRATS CONGRATS to BetsieLou - Red Team
WINNER FOR JANUARY 2017
Old 01-25-2017, 07:46 PM   #21
betsielou
Senior LCF Member

Hi Jamie
I totally understand finding it difficult to prepare low carb meals, I struggle w/regular meals much less low carb, . And, I am the only one in my family that is watching carbs so that adds a little bit more difficulty to the mix. I have found a lot of good recipes though and if you need some places to go for ideas let me know and I'll share w/you some of my favorites.

Thanks for the kind words, you are a great encourager . I am pretty determined to reach my goal, but I still have some tough days. I just try my best and take each day as it comes.

I am going to start doing a bit of strength training too. Actually I just have some hand weights, nothing heavy duty. I can tell that I have lost muscle along w/the fat and I want to regain some of that. Not a body builder mind you, just a little bit of firmness.

Well, I hope you have a great rest of the week!!!!
Old 01-26-2017, 04:58 AM   #22
Jamie2016
Senior LCF Member

Hey Ms Betsie....

I soooooo look forward to your messages!!!!! They are extremely encouraging and motivating. I hope you will always stay my weight-loss buddy.

I don't really have a low-carb recipe book that I use. What happens most times is that I will think of a specific food that I may like... like pizza...... I will then look for low-carb pizza recipes online. It usually takes a lot of time to research and find one that I think will work or even sounds good. I have found that there seem to be a lot of recipes out there that are really just duds and people just put them out there to be mean. With all my research, I have found a recipe calculator online and now I always double-check the ingredients (all together) on this calculator to see if the carbs match to what they say it has. Often, they will cheat and it's far from accurate. Those are what I call duds..... but also, if I make the recipe and it really isn't good.... that's also a dud.

However, with all that said, I have to say that all of my searching for good recipes has not all been for nothing. I always save recipes that turn out good and have reasonably low carbs and I have started to accumulate them. I have about 2 dozen recipes that are pretty good and low carb as well.

I am very fortunate because my hubby is dealing with diabetic issues, so a low-carb diet really works well for him as well. Unfortunately for him though, he is my "guinea pig" for all my test recipes..... lol lol He will never tell me when something isn't good because he doesn't wanna hurt my feelings, so I have to be very aware of how he eats. If he eats very slowly, then I know it's really bad. If he inhales it, lol lol then it has got to be good....lol so, that's how I know when to save a recipe or discard it.... lol lol

I actually created my own recipe the other day. I found a recipe for low carb Alfredo Sauce made out of cream cheese..... the sauce was really good, so I thought, why not make like a stroganoff to use as a topping for "spaghetti."

Of course, the spaghetti was made from frozen very thin green beans mixed with sweet potato thin julienne strips to resemble spaghetti.

It was actually pretty good and total carbs were less than 10.... but my hubby wanted seconds, so his carbs were a little higher..... lol

Anyways..... TY for letting me talk your ears off again.

TY for all your encouragement.

This coming week will be GREAT!!!!! Right?????

We will both do very well. It's the new year and Christmas left-overs are all gone and it's now time to DO IT...... and we CAN do it!!!! Yaaaaaa

I have to meet a potential new customer for my business today, so Iwill create the Feb Thread a little bit later this week.

Take care BetsieLou and have an amazing day.

Chat Later.

J
Old 01-30-2017, 09:35 AM   #23
Jamie2016
Senior LCF Member

THIS THREAD IS NOW CLOSED.
PLEASE FIND US AT

FEB 2017 CHALLENGE - Blue vs Red Team