mykneesareback
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down
WOE: exercise and finger crossing
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
WEDNESDAY'S ROLL CALL Jan. 11

Another day, but no dollar......hoping health issues have improved

The more I learn, the less I seem to know.......
mykneesareback is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-2017, 05:34 AM   #2
ocali
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ocali
Had a really good time last night with our singles group. I had my favorite 6 oz. steak with a baked potato and sweet tea. Then got home in plenty of time to watch some good TV.
Old 01-11-2017, 08:05 AM   #3
Begete
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: Restart 2/16/14 171/157.4/130, 2/2/15 166.6/163.6
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
Good morning.....so it's gout after all and now DH is on the necessary meds. Just another reason to move to the mainland....the quality of medical care here on this island is sorely lacking...forgive the pun, but it was a rough day.

Of course that presents a problem for us because too much protein is a major contributor to gout flare ups, and low carbing is the ONLY way DH can lose weight.

Wishing everyone well.
Old 01-11-2017, 09:43 AM   #4
mykneesareback

Babette, thank goodness John finally got the proper medication! Danged ER fools. Maybe John can enlist the help of a dietitian after you move, to figure out an eating plan that suits him that he likes and will stick to, the key for anyone is satisfaction, if not satisfied, we go off of any plan, no matter how wonderful we think it is for awhile.... I have been off and on eating plans since age 12 1/2. Look how often we have all lost and regained weight over 16 years just on here. My husband did better with a dietitian because he felt accountable to her, and I quit being the harsh food police... it's not easy, Babette, I'm sorry for this added stress on both of you.

It's going to hit 80 today, if it wasn't so windy, making many of us sneeze, it would be a good day to wear the flip flops and tank tops. I have used no heater since early yesterday. If this were Calif., I'd say this was earthquake weather. Plus the humidity is in the high 80's, too.

Julie, your steak sounds good to me, I made baked potatoes for us last night, but we had burger patties. Glad you had fun with your friends!

Need to get the mail and do some paperwork. Time consuming.

Old 01-11-2017, 09:45 AM   #5
SuSUN
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/136.2/125 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LCF 02/2002
I too noticed that Loretta didn't post yesterday Doris! Yes, it could be power issues, the weather has been so crazy everywhere.

It is a very pleasant 40F and sunny with a clear blue sky. My ex. classes start up again today, so off to that for 2PM.

Mike would have been 69 years old today. I hope he will be having a pint with friends in heaven. Cheers Mike!
Old 01-11-2017, 11:43 AM   #6
Loretta V
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Loretta V
Stats: 140/120/120
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: July 2001/ Low Carb Friends 9/2001
Just very busy yesterday. I stopped by at my friends house after cleaning at church because she called in the am and said she was not feeling well. She lives by herself. After I got there, she got up and then got dizzy and had some sort of fainting spell (?) or heart problem. I was trying to do CPR with one and had my phone in the other hand ready to call 911. This was not easy because she was sitting in a kitchen chair that was on wheels. The chair began to fall and she aroused and proceeded to be sick. She was too dizzy for me to get her up. She wanted to just lie there on the floor. I said ok but I was not leaving until she was back in bed. NO go. Finally she agreed for me to call 911.
I went to see her in the ER and the same sort of episode happened there and they put her on a heart monitor. Doc said she had some sort of vaso-vagal response which caused her heart rate to drop drastically. She has colitis of some sort. Heart doc saw her today and says heart is ok. She will be 90 on Saturday. Sorry for being so long winded. It took me several hours to make sure she was ok. She was admitted and put on rx, not sure when she will go home.

Catching up today on chores after going to visit with her.

Begete my late Dh had gout. They finally put him on allopurinol as a preventative rx. That seemed to take care of it for several years.

BBL

Maintaining 118/122 **** 15 YEARS
WHEREVER YOU ARE - BE ALL THERE!
BarbCO 4-15-2007
OLD WISE ONE
Jezzie 4-23-2012
Loretta V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 12:23 PM   #7
mykneesareback

Well, for heaven's or someplaces sakes, weird health things going on at all of the forums I am on. Gee, Loretta, your poor friend and how scary for you, too. Wonder if they will allow her to go home and be alone anymore, does she have relatives? I hate when people hesitate for you to call 911, neighbor across the street where we used to live did that all the time. What a time for you though, and she will be 90, too.

That medicine for the gout seems to be standard, our Doug here used to be on that for years, too.

Susan, I too wish your Mike to have a pint and more with his friends in the other realm......

Off to continue paperwork, trying to put things aside for the tax lady....

Wonder if Ginny got that car ownership business taken care of??

Old 01-11-2017, 01:14 PM   #8
bonehenge
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bonehenge
Stats: 245/145/130?
WOE: LFL-WW
Start Date: July 2004
just checking in... and catching up.
Low carb is the only way my DH ever could lose weight and his lab work/bloodwork was NORMAL.. right now he is on medz for his high BP and Cholesterol. I hope he can get off it.. Today he was really not feeling well.. I think a case of the Low Carb Flu for him. so I went to the gym and worked out myself and alone.
We are going to take the dogs for a walk later this afternoon.. its sunny and warm.. and I hope he will be feeling better then. He only has tomorrow off.. and then has 4 night shifts .. 12 hrs coming up this weekend.. and he will be in a room without windows..
come home and go to bed. 2 More years.. and I told him he needs to retire.. LOL not got for his overall health...
Our day otherwise has been good here... sticking with Atkins phase 1 and 20-25carbs.

http://www.vonbonehenge.com/misc/fat-days.html
Monika

bonehenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 01:31 PM   #9
mykneesareback

Neighbors just saw another bobcat, in our alley, it's been creeping around lately, probably hungry, their land is being eaten up by more businesses and housing. Been told to not leave garage door open and to not walk around at night. They seem to like to jump over the fences. Killed two neighbors chickens last week, there are several here with their own coops. Some excitement here....

Old 01-11-2017, 02:47 PM   #10
ocali
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ocali
My dh was on allopurinol, too.
Old 01-11-2017, 03:01 PM   #11
Begete
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: Restart 2/16/14 171/157.4/130, 2/2/15 166.6/163.6
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
Geez....my husband still alive! I am going to research whether allipurinol can kill men!

(sorry....I hope that didn't offend anyone/ everyone)